Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:33:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALL coins dead 15 minute warning !  (Read 2874 times)
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:38:21 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 09:01:29 PM by Cortex7

...after such a storm there would be a rush among people to start their clients...

The rush for many would finish when they hit their system on switch to find a blank screen.

The only way to make an EMP proof system/miner would be to have a good Farraday box with multi layer gauze air intake/exhaust.

Data line can be a thin fiber optic, no problem.

Power feed would need some consideration:

You could have a small fuel driven generator within the box, and if you had a 15 minute warning then you could unplug the box from the mains and put it on generator power.

You could even feed grid power in without exposing system to EM risk: using an electric motor that drives a generator, the mechanical coupling having a plastic section in it.

Think how smug you would be to have the only running system on your block! Shame the net would be down for for quite a while after though so you couldn't troll around forums with other leet protected nerds Cheesy

Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:58:06 PM

We could get hit by an asteroid tomorrow. This is a real possibility look it up.

But don't worry this threat has been attacking the earth from the dawn of time

Be prepared for any loss of data I have been told regardless of an emp, solar flare, etc etc

Yeah anythings possible, but I consider EMP to be higher threat than asteroid.

Remember nuke weapons aren't a conspiracy theory, thousands have been built and are being mantained, some old bastard warhawk may want to see a good show before they pop their clogs, you never know how it may start.

Also remember that EMPs don't mean MAD (Mutually assured destruction).

EMPs will be the first nuclear weapon flavors to be exchanged and could well decide the victor before the higher yield ground nukes were lit.

Just one "Starfish Prime" like HEMP device would fry almost all unprotected modern microelectronics in the united states.

Modern circuits, IC circuits with junctions widths in the tens of nm range are very static sensitive, back then (1962) semiconductors were big chunks of silicon in metal cans, like comparing a boulder to a microscope slide with regards strength.

Starfish Prime made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, about 1,445 kilometres (898 mi) away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms and damaging a microwave link.[8]

Newer calculations showed that if the Starfish Prime warhead had been detonated over the northern continental United States, the magnitude of the EMP would have been much larger (22 to 30 kv/m) because of the greater strength of the Earth's magnetic field over the United States, as well as its different orientation at high latitudes. These new calculations, combined with the accelerating reliance on EMP-sensitive microelectronics, heightened awareness that EMP could be a significant problem.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 11:59:12 PM

Wouldn't a coin be revived as soon as 1 person ran the client again and started to mine?
Then again, after such a storm there would be a rush among people to start their clients. In such a scenario that is.

From my understanding, wouldn't it take at least two nodes?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:29:01 AM

Interesting topic. You mention this happened in NY previously. When?

Would this plasma cloud affect the globe or just the sections facing the sun at the time?

Need to protect your wallet? Paper will work for 50 years or so.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:34:08 AM

We could get hit by an asteroid tomorrow. This is a real possibility look it up.

But don't worry this threat has been attacking the earth from the dawn of time

Be prepared for any loss of data I have been told regardless of an emp, solar flare, etc etc

dont worry about your coins and the reliance on electricity,

1) all currency runs on electricity and will be hurt to some degree if this happens

2) electricity (and/or alternate energy sources) is the new mining source, instead of a gold mines you have data mining - relying on electricity as the source/mine

your delusional and living in a false sense of security and your going to be running around in circles crying and
panicking caught flat footed because you were too ignorant to even psychologically entertain
the possibilities in a rational and fair and honest way.. i pity you to be honest.

you ignore the obvious.. I JUST told you the scientists of earth prob rank this is as top threat off all !
A super Volcano for example could go off but they estimate that it won't happen as soon as a CME based on scientific probability.. AKA: MATH
You deny the math is wrong ? well sorry you can't LOL
Feel free to try though..

Seriously we need to flush the toilet on humans.. most of you out there are too stupid and selfish to live on my earth.
With out getting people concerned about real threats then we have no way of stopping them.

And we need everyone on-board or any attempt to save our race is and always will be doomed.
Life revolves around cocky douche bags sitting at home watching HD TV and getting cocky about Science and Math and spouting off on the internet
while the the planet scientists are wrong..  Roll Eyes
and it's pathetic beyond comprehension when you can't accept reality and even worse that
entertaining the idea costs so little to you, but instead you guys have to argue and insult guys who want to watch out for our earth.

Humanity is doomed and extinct already because there is a majority of guys out there that have this cocky selfish attitude.

Nasa just announced that they estimate in anew study that the Chelyabinsk meteor that his Russia was a common occurrence.
and that about 14 of those hit our planet a year and then break up in the atmosphere and they said they had no idea.. This news is 1 week old.
But i am glad internet experts know more than Nasa and already have all of the universe figured out  Roll Eyes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/9874662/Russian-meteor-exploded-with-force-of-30-Hiroshima-bombs.html

I remember that day and how comet ISON was the big story and had JUST passed us.. and then they said had popped out from behind the sun and hit us
a lot of people found it coincidental but our eyes were focused looking right but we got a punch in the head from the left..

@mymenace
Everything you said is a load of stupid bullshit !

We could get hit by an asteroid tomorrow.
No shit that is not what i was talking about for one thing second of all we DO get plowed by them so whats your point ?
That we get warnings and they never come ? LOL ..wait till Comet Apophis makes you piss your little pants smart ass AHAhahah
And we have highlighted that the risk assessment is far greater on CME than pother commonly talked about threats.. so again WTF are you on about ?

dont worry about your coins and the reliance on electricity,

Oh really ?

uhh No LOL

DO be worried be VERY worried !
Why because we're dumb !
Instead of improving things we make things worse more and more.. by relying on NOT JUST electricity but Satellites.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:35:00 AM

ænema •

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

Silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies and
Fuck your short memory.

Learn to swim.

Fuck smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:36:24 AM

Spoetnik, the recently crowned king of trolls.

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:11:43 AM

In a world without electronics, even gold would become a worthless commodity.

I'm stocking up on tinned beans. Currency of the future.

Really ? why would gold be worthless ?
I always assumed it would be the go to currency when fiat fails..

If we're talking just about fiat collapsing, yes, gold would be the go-to currency. If governments fall or there's complete social breakdown, there's going to be anarchy and rioting. There won't be any markets for gold, unless there's some general consensus that gold is a valuable bartering commodity. I think people will be more interested in trading goods directly.

I'd focus on having the things needed to survive. If gold becomes bartering currency, at least I have something valuable to barter with, than if gold were worthless, and I've just got pockets full of useless metal.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
malexls

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:13:11 AM

If it kills altcoins, i would also lose all my money on my bank account, no?  Grin
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

hmm interesting replies..
I wonder what can we do other just paper wallets though ?

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:20:04 AM

Spoetnik, the recently crowned king of trolls.

calling someone a troll when they are not trolling coming from a troll is in fact trolling Wink

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:36:32 AM

Seems it may be quite simple;

http://diymaketech.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/how-to-make-portable-emp-proof-container.html

Now we just need to brand some metal cases "EMP-proof Cryptovault" and bring on the monies.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: