Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALL coins dead 15 minute warning !  (Read 2874 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:19:13 AM

ALL coins dead 15 minute warning !

'Earth will have 15 minutes to protect electronics'

WASHINGTON – Scientists around the globe are joining those in the United States in becoming alarmed at the possibility of a plasma cloud from a solar superstorm that could wipe out vast electronics networks, because they say Earth would have only a notice of about 15 minutes

This will "knock out" all digital currencies and it could happen right now !

not "if" but when..

and the reality is most people will never even see the 15 minute warning.

also i brought this up on cryptsy chat before a couple times because i want people to be prepared even if they all laugh it off.
ya might as well get prepared before it's too late people !

FUD first & ask questions later™
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:23:06 AM

Is this some kind of new business model? Are you trying to annoy people so much with your stupid posts that they send you bitcoin in order for you to stop?
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:25:23 AM

Published: 02/08/2013 at 6:55 PM

Huh? What is this?

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 10:31:42 AM

WASHINGTON – Scientists around the globe are joining those in the United States in becoming alarmed at the possibility of a plasma cloud from a solar superstorm that could wipe out vast electronics networks, because they say Earth would have only a notice of about 15 minutes

not "if" but when..

also i brought this up on cryptsy chat before a couple times because i want people to be prepared even if they all laugh it off.

FTFY

"simple faraday cage"

https://www.google.com.au/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=simple+farday+cage&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=2DLvU-LoNomE8Qeq3YGYDw#channel=fs&q=simple+faraday+cage&spell=1

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:44:56 AM

faraday cage ? hmmm i will have to search that up !
sounds familiar.. didn't Zak use one of those on Ghost Adventures ?

and here is my BTC "extortion address" = 13SF62HQv4mQaTXv5XyeotpNeCQE5c5fZv
send me Bitcoin or i will give you all the "Spoetnik Treatment" !

anyway in all seriousness i would hope our society does not collapse that and so we could recover.
It would be pretty bad having say all power in North America Knocked out *again (it's happened before)
I'd prob want to keep as much on usb sticks etc as i could and hope the coins can live in if and when power is ever restored.
Although it could be so bad that it knocks our society back 50 or 100 years back to damn near the stone age.
We won't be rammblin' on about any Bitcoin that is for sure when a big enough CME hits us soon !

It's not me that is saying it either it's all of the worlds scientific communities and NASA and they have been telling us all along but do you listen ?

edit:
and the date of the story makes no difference..

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:20:15 PM

anyway in all seriousness i would hope our society does not collapse that and so we could recover.
It would be pretty bad having say all power in North America Knocked out *again (it's happened before)
I'd prob want to keep as much on usb sticks etc as i could and hope the coins can live in if and when power is ever restored.
Although it could be so bad that it knocks our society back 50 or 100 years back to damn near the stone age.
We won't be rammblin' on about any Bitcoin that is for sure when a big enough CME hits us soon !

It's not me that is saying it either it's all of the worlds scientific communities and NASA and they have been telling us all along but do you listen ?

edit:

all diesel systems are more "robust" to EMP

the US army adapted a Diesel Dirt-bike and many other pieces of hardware

the Russian Federation is very familiar with EMP, so are most other nation of the world.

this biggest risk is to transformer points of the electricity grid i think, oh also heaps of other "non essential" electronics.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:27:59 PM

Okay, I'm ready! Mister Sun bring it  Angry

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:36:04 PM

Damn i think you're ready.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:12:36 PM

not "if" but when..

Welcome to the prepper subculture! There's already lot of literature on prepping against an "EMP" attack, which is essentially the same phenomenon induced deliberately by a nuclear device being detonated 20-30 miles above the surface to generate an EMP or electro-magnetic pulse.

Fact sheet from the Wik: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse

Start Here: http://afteremp.com/

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

StephenJH

Activity: 1456
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:01:28 PM

I've read that if one removes the cord from a microwave oven it can be used as a faraday cage.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:10:03 PM

I've read that if one removes the cord from a microwave oven it can be used as a faraday cage.

There's some skepticism about that; some preppers who looked into it think it might not work all that well. But then again, they're perfectionists.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

MajidBC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:38:16 PM

Who has watched Revolution? It's about the world without electricity. It's not that good, but not that bad:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/
fusioncoins

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:39:55 PM

Who has watched Revolution? It's about the world without electricity. It's not that good, but not that bad:

Nice show.

What's going to happen today?

MajidBC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:49:00 PM

Nice show.

What's going to happen today?
Nothing. Spoetnik is trying to attract some attention to a world-without-electricity. (Or maybe he's trying to attract some attention to himself.) Looking forward for Spoetnik's long posts.
StephenJH

Activity: 1456
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:54:44 PM

There's some skepticism about that; some preppers who looked into it think it might not work all that well. But then again, they're perfectionists.

Smiley

Perfectionists with good reason but it's kind of like plugging the dam with your pinky. If our planet absorbed emp's on a widespread scale, whether from the sun or nukes 10 miles up,... cryptocurrency will be the least of our problems.

Imagine every hospital going dark. + All refrigeration failing at once. + All safety systems at nuclear facilities failing. I'm sure you all can come up with 100 or 1000 more items to add to the list.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:47:50 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 07:57:47 PM by Spoetnik

edit:

all diesel systems are more "robust" to EMP

the US army adapted a Diesel Dirt-bike and many other pieces of hardware

the Russian Federation is very familiar with EMP, so are most other nation of the world.

this biggest risk is to transformer points of the electricity grid i think, oh also heaps of other "non essential" electronics.

Coronal mass ejections are not quite the same as an EMP i think.
Have you ever researched our history with them ?

The bottom line is it's happened 2x with major consequences in the last 100 years and we're due right now !
And with us being on the bleeding edge for front of digital currency tech i suggest we be prepared.
I didn't make this topic to troll.. i am DEAD SERIOUS here guys !

Half, Most or even ALL satellites could be wiped out instantly or with a few seconds warning tops..
almost simultaneously we would see the biggest light show in the skies any of you have seen in your life !
instead of Aurora's towards the north pole they would be hammering the living shit oft the equator.. all the way up tot he north pole !

The North American power grids have never been fixed and upgraded since this happened in the 90's stretching from Florida to Quebec.
And i doubt any other countries will fair much better.

The US military may have a bit protected fro their own use but it won't matter.. we the people do and we're not protected
and if your power is cut off we are super mega ultra fucked.. not up for debate this is a cold hard fact !
And so called digital currencies will be rendered useless !

We're ultra screwed and clock ticks i don't see any way around it.
It's going to happen and soon and that is that.. it's not up for debate LOL
If you knock out power to greater than 50% of the USA alone.. for more than a few days we are in serious trouble.
WW2 was started because of the NY stock market crash that caused a domino effect across the globe.. it's all interlinked across the globe.
Just like the 2003 release market housing crash and recession.. it effectively brought many other countries to their knee's !

Living on borrowed time and not much of it either guys.. and you can laugh all you want but no one will here you because there will be no internet.
I seen people saying on Cryptsy chat before that it was not possible to take the internet down and i think that is cute and adorable and seriously naive.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:51:20 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection

Coronal mass ejections release huge quantities of matter and electromagnetic radiation into space above the sun's surface, either near the corona (sometimes called a solar prominence), or farther into the planet system, or beyond (interplanetary CME). The ejected material is a plasma consisting primarily of electrons and protons, but may contain small quantities of heavier elements such as helium, oxygen, and even iron. The theory of heavier element emissions during a CME is speculative information and requires further verification. It is highly unlikely that a CME contains any substantial amount of heavier elements, especially considering that the sun has not yet arrived at the point of helium flash and thus cannot begin to fuse elements heavier than helium.

Impact on Earth

When the ejection is directed towards Earth and reaches it as an interplanetary CME (ICME), the shock wave of the traveling mass of solar energetic particles causes a geomagnetic storm that may disrupt Earth's magnetosphere, compressing it on the day side and extending the night-side magnetic tail. When the magnetosphere reconnects on the nightside, it releases power on the order of terawatt scale, which is directed back toward Earth's upper atmosphere.

Solar energetic particles can cause particularly strong aurorae in large regions around Earth's magnetic poles. These are also known as the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) in the northern hemisphere, and the Southern Lights (aurora australis) in the southern hemisphere. Coronal mass ejections, along with solar flares of other origin, can disrupt radio transmissions and cause damage to satellites and electrical transmission line facilities, resulting in potentially massive and long-lasting power outages.[6][7]

Humans at high altitudes, as in airplanes or space stations, risk exposure to relatively intense cosmic rays. Cosmic rays are potentially lethal in high quantities. The energy absorbed by astronauts is not reduced by a typical spacecraft shield design and, if any protection is provided, it would result from changes in the microscopic inhomogeneity of the energy absorption events.[8]

This has knocked out our power grid on the east coast USA and Canada not all that long ago.
Satellites are critical to our way of life now..
100 years back we had telegraph machines spontaneously catching fire as well as other reports of fires
and we also had telegraphs that reportedly worked across the Atlantic ocean LOL
As well as news reports around the globe with northern lights on the fucking equator !

Every one should know what happened in those two incidents and this should be taken seriously.
and it applies to Crypto coins because we should be prepared to protect our coins and to plan for a time with no electricity.
If enough damage is done bad enough it would take that much longer to repair it and the longer your out of power the worse it's going to get !

CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:40:28 PM

Damn i think you're ready.

Love that picture.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:50:25 PM

anyone knows if CD/DVD are EMP-resistant?
Because any data on hard disk and USB keys/flash memories would be probably pretty much FUBAR
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:53:35 PM

In a world without electronics, even gold would become a worthless commodity.

I'm stocking up on tinned beans. Currency of the future.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: