Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:05:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Disconnecting - Losing Money, Help - 1.5 BTC Reward  (Read 4257 times)
Lightspeed (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:07:06 PM

hello everyone,

I have a 1.5 BTC reward up for grabs to whomever can help solve my internet woes

First up, I am mining on a 3G mobile broadband connection. The place I am living in has no phoneline, but it has fixed electricity @ $10 a fortnight (hehe) so I am quite happy to stay

The problem is that I go to bed and wake up to find that all my hardware is offline, the single point of failure being a lost connection

I have considered an alarm on disconnect but honestly, i'd rather not be woken up every night along with waking up the neighbours with a blarring alarm (loud speakers)

So this is the software I am working with:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now I basically wake up and have to click that damned connect button, there is no auto reconnect feature anywhere in the software, I am a computer programmer (out of work for like 3-4 years now though) so I can understand advanced concepts

I just want to be up 24/7! can anyone here help, pretty please with 1.5BTC on top?

cheers
Tom Lightspeed

Overclocking = money? Greatest full time hobby ever!
1AR2eheP4nckS3tuzZHG6ARYndeddxmeDg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:08:41 PM

So you just need something that clicks the button when it says "Connect" ?  I should be able to do this easily...PM me with a link to the software if you don't mind.

Thanks
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:10:55 PM

Looks like that may use a standard HSPA modem to connect, in which case it may be supported directly in Windows without needing to fiddle with the software from the broadband provider. Try disconnecting with the software app, then go to the Windows connections icon in the tray and check out the options. It should show up under the "Dial up and 3G" section, and there should be any number of ways to configure the device, including auto-reconnect options.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Lightspeed (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:32:43 PM

Looks like that may use a standard HSPA modem to connect, in which case it may be supported directly in Windows without needing to fiddle with the software from the broadband provider. Try disconnecting with the software app, then go to the Windows connections icon in the tray and check out the options. It should show up under the "Dial up and 3G" section, and there should be any number of ways to configure the device, including auto-reconnect options.

Yeah I can disconnect without going through the software, but on connect it asks for a bunch of settings that I have NFI about and I am going through the network settings and cannot find any mention of reconnect functionality

So you just need something that clicks the button when it says "Connect" ?  I should be able to do this easily...PM me with a link to the software if you don't mind.

Thanks

Ehhhh looking but yet to find

Eveofwar

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:34:14 PM

Yeah I can disconnect without going through the software, but on connect it asks for a bunch of settings that I have NFI about and I am going through the network settings and cannot find any mention of reconnect functionality

Thanks

What's the model of the USB device ?

I've found this page http://help.optuszoo.com.au/help/wireless/wirelessbroadband/connected/usb
Lightspeed (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:35:53 PM

i think its a E173 huawei pretty much

eve: its not on the page you just linked

and PS guys, networking is not my strong point

nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:41:56 PM

Thanks

Without knowing the root cause (could be a disconnect command from the provider side) the simplest way to deal with this is scripting a mouse action with any of the many keyboard/mouse automation tools.

AutoHotKey tool is an option.

AutoIt is a bit more mature automation tool that allows COM and shell access, so that you can perform the mouse action only upon detection of no internet connectivity.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:43:17 PM

Hmm, 1second google search for your model brought up these results, if it works dont worry about the coins, this one is on me.

Go to Control Panel > Select Phone & Modems > Select the Required Modem > Go to Properties of that Modem > Select Advance TAB & insert Extra Initialization Command (AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "BSNLNET")
Press OK
Now Select Network Connections in Control Panel
Click on "Create new Network".
A wizard will start up. Click next.
Select "Connect to Internet". Click next.
Select "Set up my connection manually". Click next.
Select "Connect using a Dial-up Modem". Click next.
Select Your Modem. Click next.
ISP Name: (Any name could be written). Click next.
Phone Number: *99#. Click next.
Leave User Name, Password, and Confirm Password fields blank. Click next.
Click on "Add a shortcut to Desktop". Click on Finish.
Right click on the Dial-up connection and go to Properties
Select options Tab
In Redialing options
Change Redial attempts to 99
Change Time between Redials to 1 Sec.
Chnage Idle time before hanging up to never
Tick the Box which says Redial If line is dropped.

If you get error 619, make sure to check this:

Goto tools> options> general> select Ras (Modem) radio button in connection type and press Ok. Then connect the internet and it will automatically creates a Dial-up for you.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Eveofwar

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:44:36 PM

Thanks

Without knowing the root cause (could be a disconnect command from the provider side) the simplest way to deal with this is scripting a mouse action with any of the many keyboard/mouse automation tools.

AutoIt is a bit more mature automation tool that allows COM and shell access, so that you can perform the mouse action only upon detection of no internet connectivity.

I'm going to write it in AutoIt, should be able to read the caption/text off the button.  Easy peasy.
Lightspeed (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:49:01 PM

Hmm, 1second google search for your model brought up these results, if it works dont worry about the coins, this one is on me.

Go to Control Panel > Select Phone & Modems > Select the Required Modem > Go to Properties of that Modem > Select Advance TAB & insert Extra Initialization Command (AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "BSNLNET")
Press OK
Now Select Network Connections in Control Panel
Click on "Create new Network".
A wizard will start up. Click next.
Select "Connect to Internet". Click next.
Select "Set up my connection manually". Click next.
Select "Connect using a Dial-up Modem". Click next.
Select Your Modem. Click next.
ISP Name: (Any name could be written). Click next.
Phone Number: *99#. Click next.
Leave User Name, Password, and Confirm Password fields blank. Click next.
Click on "Add a shortcut to Desktop". Click on Finish.
Right click on the Dial-up connection and go to Properties
Select options Tab
In Redialing options
Change Redial attempts to 99
Change Time between Redials to 1 Sec.
Chnage Idle time before hanging up to never
Tick the Box which says Redial If line is dropped.

If you get error 619, make sure to check this:

Goto tools> options> general> select Ras (Modem) radio button in connection type and press Ok. Then connect the internet and it will automatically creates a Dial-up for you.

This sounds awesome (i'll still pay you) but you lost me at phone and modems... lol.... I feel like I am derping majorly right now

Lightspeed (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:49:50 PM

Thanks

I'm going to write it in AutoIt, should be able to read the caption/text off the button.  Easy peasy.

Easy money if it works bro!

Clipse

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:51:45 PM

This sounds awesome (i'll still pay you) but you lost me at phone and modems... lol.... I feel like I am derping majorly right now

I assume you run windows?

Just follow the steps Smiley , modem options is available in control panel. These are all the proper steps to accomplish what you need without fancy extra software.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 08:53:07 PM

I use an Netgear MBRN3000 it has auto redial and makes a wifi hotspot
or has direct cat5

see http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

Luke
Lightspeed (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:41:58 PM

I use an Netgear MBRN3000 it has auto redial and makes a wifi hotspot
or has direct cat5

see http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

Luke

This sounds like a good solution to me. Although I don't get paid till friday. So I can't really test until then.. hmmm... i'll be back in 3 hours off to get my meds

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 01:46:31 AM

.. hmmm... i'll be back in 3 hours off to get my meds
okay...... do we really have to know that?

Anyway, it's an interesting thread, please DO come back.
Clipse

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:04:05 AM

.. hmmm... i'll be back in 3 hours off to get my meds
okay...... do we really have to know that?

Anyway, it's an interesting thread, please DO come back.

Its probably meds that will make him stop typing hes getting meds Grin

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 09:11:51 AM

The answer to your problems is called MBRN3000 by Netgear.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/3g-mobile/mbrn3000.aspx

I own one and my 3g stays up sometimes for 2-3weeks in a row. In fact it goes down most of time because I disconnect the router to take with me when I need to go out for a couple days or so.
$100 well spent, I'll tell you that.

You can send the 1.5 BTC to the address in my signature Cheesy
Lightspeed (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 09:46:55 AM

Ok really noob question here, but it has 4 ethernet ports right, I have more than 4 PCs that need to be connected, how exactly do I go about that? .. so how do I connect up a second network switch, say an 8 or 16 port gigabit switch

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 10:09:45 AM

Ok really noob question here, but it has 4 ethernet ports right, I have more than 4 PCs that need to be connected, how exactly do I go about that? .. so how do I connect up a second network switch, say an 8 or 16 port gigabit switch

A hub/switch connected to 1 of those ethernet ports, maybe?
But it has wi-fi... I don't even use the ethernet ports, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it.
Now an even noobier question from me: How do you connect all those PC's to a single 3g modem that doesn't even have a single ethernet port?
Lightspeed (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 10:14:10 AM

A hub/switch connected to 1 of those ethernet ports, maybe?
But it has wi-fi... I don't even use the ethernet ports, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it.
Now an even noobier question from me: How do you connect all those PC's to a single 3g modem that doesn't even have a single ethernet port?

its plugged into my main PC, and its set to share to allow all users on network to use it, main pc is connected to switch via ethernet

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: