Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are things cheaper if I pay through my bitcoin wallet than using my debit?  (Read 2087 times)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:46:23 AM

You could find very good deals in BTC because some merchants do big ass offers to promote their new BTC acceptance. For example I saw a PS4 for 319 the other day in some place I cant remember now, only if you paid with BTC.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:47:49 AM

Currently only in some cases but this will start to increase more and more as vendors start to get it. If they share their savings with the customer the number of customers will increase and so will the vendors savings.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:51:10 AM

Currently only in some cases but this will start to increase more and more as vendors start to get it. If they share their savings with the customer the number of customers will increase and so will the vendors savings.
In my experience vendors will not share their savings with consumers. There are many places that will actually charge higher prices for paying in bitcoin (this is likely because the merchant is paying too much to have their BTC payments processed). I would expect for overstock to be the first major merchant/store to offer some kind of discount in exchange for paying in bitcoin.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:00:13 AM

In my experience vendors will not share their savings with consumers. There are many places that will actually charge higher prices for paying in bitcoin (this is likely because the merchant is paying too much to have their BTC payments processed). I would expect for overstock to be the first major merchant/store to offer some kind of discount in exchange for paying in bitcoin.

Read the topics around here and on Reddit. Companies that get it are starting to appear. Patience is the key.
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:20:40 AM

cigs for example

trying to find reasons to take it out of my current bank to put it into BTC

Not that many merchants accept btc payment yet. So, I do not think you can buy cigs using btc.

But based on my experience on buying ASIC miner, it is usually cheaper to pay using wire transfer than btc.
qwerty555

Activity: 405

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:18:10 PM

cigs for example

trying to find reasons to take it out of my current bank to put it into BTC

Not that many merchants accept btc payment yet. So, I do not think you can buy cigs using btc.

But based on my experience on buying ASIC miner, it is usually cheaper to pay using wire transfer than btc.

Apart from the bitpay 50,000 ish merchants etc..millions of merchants now accept bitcoin since 3 weeks ago...but may not know it yet

Xapo card can be used internationally at ANY merchant who accepts traditional debit/credit cards.

Although currently there is a 3% cost as time passes this will reduce ( to zero most probably) It is important to note that buying your cigs at home has a 3% extra cost but buying them when abroad is up to 5% cheaper ( exchange rate spread up to 5% in worst cases plus 2.5% +1% fees when buying in a foreign country)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736643.msg8323871#msg8323871
Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:44:31 AM

The answer also depends on the country the buyer lives. If he lives in the USA, probably he will find a seller that accepts bitcoin for a cheaper price. But not on any other country, because shipping, say, to Europe, will make the price too high.

Cigarettes can be bought here on the forum and else where, but the seller probably will be american, so forget about buying if you live in Europe, Asia, etc.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:08:22 AM

Read the topics around here and on Reddit. Companies that get it are starting to appear. Patience is the key.
I agree they are starting to appear, but they are few and farbetween. I would expect for overstock to be the first major company to do this. Their CEO seems to be a very big fan of bitcoin.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:34:29 PM

Newegg.ca giving 30% discount on bitcoin orders over $500.
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

It isn't just buying things from companies that are getting cheaper when buying with bitcoin. It is buying things from individuals.

I think one thing that has been forgotten by people on this thread is gift cards. You can buy a gift card from gyft for a 3% discount. You can buy gift cards on this forum for, generally around 60-70% of their face value.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: