Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:31:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dont make a damn single post few days  (Read 1445 times)
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 07:19:57 PM

I think censorship is bullshit.

I thought this was a forum for the free and open exchange of ideas, clearly this is not currently the case.

Perhaps we need a new forum, but I rather like this place and feel inclined to fight for it...ideas?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 07:24:38 PM

I think censorship is bullshit.

I thought this was a forum for the free and open exchange of ideas, clearly this is not currently the case.

Perhaps we need a new forum, but I rather like this place and feel inclined to fight for it...ideas?

A whahabahuminahuh?

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 07:25:10 PM

(Thread moved from Speculation)

If you think threads such as "dont buy a damn single bitcoin few days" are of necessity for free speech, there are plenty of other Bitcoin forums in competition. In case enough people deem the policy bad, discussion will move there.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 07:25:55 PM

(Thread moved from Speculation)

If you think threads such as "Do not buy a single Bitcoin" are of necessity for free speech, there are plenty of other Bitcoin forums in competition. In case enough people deem the policy bad, discussion will move there.

Meh. We let Atlas tard around endlessly. Why not let someone give us their uneducated opinion on why not to buy bitcoins?

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 07:27:39 PM

I agree with the OP. Speculation forum was fun! Please give back our old speculation forum!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:06:24 PM

Disagree.  I think this forum could use more moderation, particularly in Speculation.  Too many pointless junk posts and silly attempts to manipulate the market.  I think raising the level of discourse and quality in this forum would be a positive thing, particularly if it gets the more annoying posters to move to a different forum.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:07:17 PM

Disagree.  I think this forum could use more moderation, particularly in Speculation.  Too many pointless junk posts and silly attempts to manipulate the market.  I think raising the level of discourse and quality in this forum would be a positive thing, particularly if it gets the more annoying posters to move to a different forum.

I don't mind sitting at the kiddy table. I'd just be concerned that everyone would miss out on comedy gold.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:50:01 PM

Let me provide the history of moderation on this forum and Speculation as I experienced it:

Until summer and the Forum moderation policy (which ironically many objected against in the beginning, too), there was hardly any moderation at all by the few Admins. One year ago, even Silk Road could post on this forum and advertise its business.

Now as the market went parabolic and the forum became crowded with spammers and trolls, the situation was hardly sustainable anymore, so finally, volunteer mods were promoted and instructed to take care of it. It was also an effort to combat the image it gave to people (for example businessmen) who were repelled from Bitcoin due to its community. The image damage went so far that the Bitcoin Forum was removed from the bitcoin.org domain and on the frontpage it now links to a Google search to distance the project from this forum.

Most often, the spam and trolls consisted of people who liked to create threads consisting of "CRASH SELL SELL SELL"; this is indicated in sirius’s second point. As a reaction to the crap that persisted to plague the forums, the Speculation section was created in July to contain it. Here is one of the oldest threads exemplifying this well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28317.0

So, here we are now, with me appointed to take care of the recently neglected Speculation forum. As I have stated, I fully intend to keep intact the lax and laissez faire style of this subforum, and having you (Mushoz, I’m looking at you) judge it after two days and hardly any moderation at all is inadequate.

In case this disturbs you too much to bear this forum, I refer to my previous post here in this thread.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 09:01:26 PM

I agree with the OP. Speculation forum was fun! Please give back our old speculation forum!

+1 ~ it wasn't broken, don't try & fix it

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 03:12:45 AM

You've removed my sentiment indicator... thanks asshole.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 09:21:23 AM

If you guys want to speculate with no restrictions, try my signature.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: