Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 05:08:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-08-18] Bitcoin firm licensed to trade in baht  (Read 1207 times)
cescan (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:29:29 AM

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/427339/second-bitcoin-company-licensed-to-trade-in-baht

Another bitcoin trading company has emerged as a legally registered entity in Thailand after obtaining e-commerce registration with a local district office in June, with its digital currency trade restricted to baht. The registration was obtained despite doubts over the legality of the virtual currency.

Coins (Thailand) began its service early this year after it was awarded with an e-commerce registration licence by Huay Khwang District Office on June 20 after hiring a local legal advisory team to comply with Thailand's rules and regulations concerning e-commerce, said Ron Hose, the Philippines-based chief executive officer and founder of Coins Co.

Skinnyman

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:24:32 PM

That's interesting, especially when I thought Thailand had officially banned it. I wonder if it was the same situation like the china 'ban'.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 04:33:23 PM

That's interesting, especially when I thought Thailand had officially banned it. I wonder if it was the same situation like the china 'ban'.

The Thailand central bank banning Bitcoin news was definitely a fake, that was discovered ages ago.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:57:43 PM

If a country wanted to "ban" bitcoin, it would have done so already.

Iceland, Russia, Vietnam and China all have it "banned", yet all of them have very healthy meetups, user groups, businesses and associations.  Don't believe the press or propaganda. 
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:03:08 PM

It would be interesting to track usage and progress in areas where these exchanges and ATMs are getting off the ground.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:50:30 PM

It would be interesting to track usage and progress in areas where these exchanges and ATMs are getting off the ground.

Exchanges is being worked on.   ATMs and POS terminals might be another harder subject to nail down.  I found out recently that Coinkite (for example) has  a privacy setup option: unless the owners make them public we actually don't know who takes it.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 11:55:30 PM

BTC and ฿

So meta.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: