Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations Scammers, you've killed the altcoin market  (Read 4373 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:38:04 AM

well for one thing it's a chain reaction i think..
mass coin cloning has caused a lot of guys to quit this shit.
so if they quit prices are going to tank as they cash out and often rip someone off on the way out the door (lot of so called hacks have happened)
Mark i think realized his mountain was cracking and he had to cash out while BTC was still high and she set it all in motion.. on purpose.
and honestly i'd prob do the same.. it's logical.
-snip-
no way to fix it with out regulation.. and it's NOT coming !
i have said it, over and over like a broken record and i am right and you will all see and i will say i told you so once again.
and i also said no one will accept responsibility for it either.. Exchanges and pools will say "user demand" and users will point the finger at others.
i called it last year.. and that is precisely what is happening RIGHT NOW !
You're actually right, it is a chain reaction. Look at it this way, there is a group of scammers here. They keep copying coins and releasing them under different names/specifications. The forum does nothing to prevent this. Exchanges do nothing either, pools nobody. Exchanges accept the coins because the users demand it, the users then point the finger somewhere else and it goes into a circle.
Nobody is putting a stop to it. Even if we put very very tight restrictions on coin releases here, there will be no damage to possible innovation.
A coin that is worth anyone's time and has desirable features could still be released after a review of some sorts.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:44:58 AM

Ban IP  of China in coins  removes 99% of problems

because you think that chinese live only in china lol, they are everywhere
I have a lot of business with them here in Spain, with the Chinese who are working hard to win a lot of money. He asked them to them for cryptos and always answer as well, and do not know if they know they are thinking about scam safe.

When I presented a project, i have to give many data on my person, as I did in the past the work. I have to submit curriculum vitae and a perfect plan work .... What happens here is that a bunch of people come with money and eyes closed, invest a lot of money on people who do not know of anything. The world of the cryptomonedas is burned from six months ago.

Not going to publicize currency Dokdocoin by de face, but it is a clear example of how things are done serious. They decided to ban IP in China and the currency runs quiet ... No one needs a lot of people asking for the list of rich, asking every 2 minutes where is the developer, nobody asked stupidities continuously
Everything is slow, but sure

bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:16:16 PM

I don't think they completely killed it but they sure as hell did a lot of damage. It seems 80-90% of coins or services in the crypto world end up being scams or even if they aren't scams, they end up being a steaming pile of fail. There's no chance in hell newcomers are going to put money in crypto when all they hear every day are stories about hacks, scams and people losing all their money after some shitcoin they invested in collapses in value.

I don't bother with any POW coins anymore, I stick with new coins that are built from scratch and have a lot of promising features. Of course, even then you have to be extremely careful as a lot of those end up being scams as well.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

well for one thing it's a chain reaction i think..
mass coin cloning has caused a lot of guys to quit this shit.
so if they quit prices are going to tank as they cash out and often rip someone off on the way out the door (lot of so called hacks have happened)
Mark i think realized his mountain was cracking and he had to cash out while BTC was still high and she set it all in motion.. on purpose.
and honestly i'd prob do the same.. it's logical.
-snip-
no way to fix it with out regulation.. and it's NOT coming !
i have said it, over and over like a broken record and i am right and you will all see and i will say i told you so once again.
and i also said no one will accept responsibility for it either.. Exchanges and pools will say "user demand" and users will point the finger at others.
i called it last year.. and that is precisely what is happening RIGHT NOW !
You're actually right, it is a chain reaction. Look at it this way, there is a group of scammers here. They keep copying coins and releasing them under different names/specifications. The forum does nothing to prevent this. Exchanges do nothing either, pools nobody. Exchanges accept the coins because the users demand it, the users then point the finger somewhere else and it goes into a circle.
Nobody is putting a stop to it. Even if we put very very tight restrictions on coin releases here, there will be no damage to possible innovation.
A coin that is worth anyone's time and has desirable features could still be released after a review of some sorts.

well said and i think the greed guys over power is by sheer numbers.. there is too many of them.
and it's too easy or has been in the past to jump on every coin (for profit)
so a smaller minority can have all the grandest good intentions in the world but it just simply won't matter..
the weight and momentum and power of the greedy pulls down all of us like a current pulling people under water.. no avoiding it sadly !
And i heard the majority of guys get mind shatteringly shockingly fucking mouthy with me ALL along about this too.
Anytime i went on to say there supporting clones is going to kill our scene bad i got ganged up on by everyone BIG TIME !

ALL of them admitted word for word "they mine every coin that comes along for profit"
Well congrats guys you destroyed our scene bad ..and it's going to get worse.

And i hope you guys enjoyed mouthing me off when i warned you too because now i am laughing at you all i recall by name saying, I TOLD YOU SO !
I couldn't believe these guys admitting their cancer head bullshit and then trying to defend it.. NOW they realize they fucked.. and bad
and that big Troll Spoetnik was 10000000000% correct and warned us all Wink

I think the turning point was Scrypt Asics too.. us smart guys knew damn well it was going to slaughter 99% of scrypt coins values.. and it did !
Making a greedy device for greedy purposes just accelerated our surge downward !
And yet again the majority of our scene romped around mouthing me off arguing saying Scrypt Asics will increase prices and i agreed a *bit
thinking it will help the top 3 maybe.. and shit, it hasn't even done that really LOL

THERE IS A LOT OF WRONG PEOPLE that are still here and many more that are smart and sold out and left long ago.
They know too i talked to tons of them over and over like a broken record.

Other than trying out ipominer pool with some auto port auto coins elected mining with scrypt i have tried to choose a good coin to support.
I have tried to be apart of the solution not the problem and i don't think we can do much more than that.
The tag team tandem of Bittrex and Ipominer adding and removing new coins so fast made it almost impossible for me to get the minimum withdrawal amount
sent to bittrex from the pool to dump with the greedy assholes (as an experiment) and often the coins were removed with a day or two of me selling me for 2 cents worth of coins LOL
I was waaaaaay too small a miner to get in on their scammy bullshit !
my experiment failed.

anyway what ever..
all we can do is try and be a good crypto guy when the doors are closed and no one is looking.
But if we can't stop them like Lauda eluded to to or "they" don't go away on their own we're fucked and doomed sadly.

i urge people for their own profits sake to do the right thing.. it will earn you more money !
And hell i could be a liar and saying shit here then doing the opposite who woudl know ?
We have to do what is right when we are alone and no is looking or watching.. all the talk in the world won't mean anything.. ACTIONS do !
and that goes for ALL of us too not just end users.. cough cough Pools / exchanges etc

FUD first & ask questions later™
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:16:18 PM

I don't bother with any POW coins anymore, I stick with new coins that are built from scratch and have a lot of promising features.

Interesting... Are you actually referring to POS coins? It seems to me that POS coins are a precursor for pumps and dumps... Especially those with a short POW phase.

r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:45:12 PM

How ironic r3wtt the topic starter I believe is the scammer who made an exchange and used the word "oh I got hacked" so its ok and here is a bitcointalk search on his name https://www.google.com/search?q=r3wt+scam+site:bitcointalk.org&client=firefox-a&hs=hCw&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&gws_rd=ssl

Code:
Throw New \Exception('assumed guilt in Line 1:1 drippx.cpp');

fuck off douche, if i say something happened it did, and thats all there is to it.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:07:07 PM

All this shit coins daily hurt.

Then again, its us as a community to put a stop to it.

Bottom line is, if we stopped mining, let alone investing into every coin released daily, they would go away on their own. In fact, I think we are getting better at it.

IMO, I pretty much stopped jumping coin to coin now... I have one that my cards are busy on ATM, but this daily chasing shit, I was part of the problem, but not any more.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Trillium

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:11:26 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 07:14:06 AM by Trillium

Apparently holding 10m doge for the last few months was a bad idea.   Roll Eyes

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:29:54 AM

Alt coin market has now dropped below 200 million USD. Discuss.

What does alt-coin market crash has to do with scammers? The issue is more like china ban and bitlicense..

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:54:27 AM

~BCX~
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:11:17 AM

~BCX~

THE Grand messiah for meme's !

NOBODY serves them up like BCX LOL

all i'll say is plenty of people are Asian decent here guys so your not gonne make many friends saying that hahah
I am white but i know some guys aren't Wink

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:12:34 AM

Alt coin market has now dropped below 200 million USD. Discuss.

What does alt-coin market crash has to do with scammers? The issue is more like china ban and bitlicense..

some other guy just asked that and i went on to explain.. as others did

doremi

Activity: 654

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:51:17 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 02:43:12 PM by doremi

Ban IP  of China in coins  removes 99% of problems

Hail The Great Chinese!they will get rid of evil USD soon!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 03:36:25 PM

Just my opinion, but I would imagine those heavily invested in BTC or those with large BTC holdings will happily stand back and watch the altcoin market destroy itself with scam after scam (The "legitimate" coins unfortunately become tainted).

This highlights the "legitimacy" of BTC as a safe haven for investment..an oasis in the desert of altcoin investment failures, the gold standard....

The lack of "interest" by those founders/staff of BTCtalk to support & improve the altcoin section could be perceived as speaking volumes of where their interests lie.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:19:10 PM

Actually the altcoin market is far from dead and scammers will scam.
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:23:14 PM

And people will continue to get caught up in the schemes hoping that they will be the ones to get the big profit.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 04:55:45 PM

Indeed. We could correctly say that they've damaged the altcoin market. Which they have.
Without any moderation from the forum here, most scams will still go through. We can only talk about it, but nothing is changing really.
Maybe some people are getting a bit more aware of scam coins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:05:54 PM

Quite ironic...

Anastasio

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:46:30 PM

Anyone want to explain to me why Altcoins are good when those funds could be added to the BTC market instead?

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:27:18 AM

Indeed. We could correctly say that they've damaged the altcoin market. Which they have.
Without any moderation from the forum here, most scams will still go through. We can only talk about it, but nothing is changing really.
Maybe some people are getting a bit more aware of scam coins.

i think yeah and no..

it's changing as in there is less and less people involved to support these coins.. and more and more coins being made.

i seen this start at about 50 coins total when i started and now i keep hearing about lists mentioning 1,000 coins.
and back then i warned people loud and clear exactly word for word what i say right now !
And i woudl say stuff like what do you all think it's going to look like all over on Cryptsy chat in a year
and NO ONE cared.. i woudl be ignored so fast it's not even funny..

this is a vicious cycle of greed that is spiraling out of control and is only going to get worse.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: