Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 btc loan (please help)  (Read 2921 times)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:23:25 PM

A long time ago, someone decided the trust rating should be used to determine if someone was trustable with loans. You pay back the loan, you get a positive rating. You default on a loan, you get a negative rating.

Then along came Martin Lawrence (aka Vod).

He's taken it upon himself to use the trust rating system for negative feedback (check his profile, there's probably over 100 of them) for people such as yourself.

When 99 out of 100 times the newbie asking for a loan has absolutely no intention of paying it back, the rating is warranted. If you're so confident in the OP, by all means put your money where your mouth is. We'll keep an eye on the address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1MRr8NcSE7cnmsuMiRpXAkJE9eDsNsTDM1

Go ahead, we're waiting Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
cryptomj

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:10:19 PM

[When 99 out of 100 times the newbie asking for a loan has absolutely no intention of paying it back, the rating is warranted. If you're so confident in the OP, by all means put your money where your mouth is. We'll keep an eye on the address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1MRr8NcSE7cnmsuMiRpXAkJE9eDsNsTDM1

Go ahead, we're waiting Smiley

Leaving feedback before the transaction is like leaving neg feedback for an Ebay user because you suspect they are going to do a chargeback. Perhaps OP will pay back the loan.

Hell, I'm going to PM him and offer 0.25 BTC. I have 43 coins so it's not a huge loss even if he does default, and then I'll leave him a + feedback. If he defaults, then I'll leave neg but the decision to loan will have been my own not based on an "anxiety suffering creepazoid living in mom's basement who doesn't use the forum for anything but trashing profiles".
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Fair enough, it's your money. Some people just have to learn the hard way Grin

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

It's Not Enough

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:14:51 PM

Give me your BTC address, i'll send you bitcoins.

no collateral = no loan

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:21:23 PM

Also, cryptomj... before you send the OP any coin, consider this. If you were in a situation where you were desperate enough to have to borrow money because there was no other avenue to pursue, and assuming you got that money and were given two options:

1. Pay the money back with what meager income source you had (which would cannibalize your budget for food, rent, gas, and other living expenses)
2. Abandon an account on some internet message board that cost you nothing but 3 mouse clicks to create, which you have absolutely no ties to, and which has a whopping 4 message post history, with negative trust. But you could erase the debt you owed and walk away with a clean slate at absolutely no cost to yourself.

Which one would you pick, given the situation?

Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:33:09 PM

Also, cryptomj... before you send the OP any coin, consider this. If you were in a situation where you were desperate enough to have to borrow money because there was no other avenue to pursue, and assuming you got that money and were given two options:

1. Pay the money back with what meager income source you had (which would cannibalize your budget for food, rent, gas, and other living expenses)
2. Abandon an account on some internet message board that cost you nothing but 3 mouse clicks to create, which you have absolutely no ties to, and which has a whopping 4 message post history, with negative trust. But you could erase the debt you owed and walk away with a clean slate at absolutely no cost to yourself.

Which one would you pick, given the situation?
Some people don't get the trust system.

acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:15:10 PM

A long time ago, someone decided the trust rating should be used to determine if someone was trustable with loans. You pay back the loan, you get a positive rating. You default on a loan, you get a negative rating.

Please read up on:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Martin-Lawrence/Select-StateProvince/Martin-Lawrence-vodmlawrence-pedo-bitcoin-St-Albert-Edmonton-St-Albert-Alberta-1158255

I will say that when I first responded in a thread about Vod, he left me a negative trust which he later retracted in which he called me a "pedophile" and made mention of my "daughter". He believes I am someone else on the site named Shawn, but IP and user agent will show I am not the same person.

In any event, the fact Martin Lawrence of St. Albert, Alberta is throwing around accusations about pedophilia, in my opinion would seem to indicate he certainly has sexual thoughts about children on his mind.

Basically you'll need to abandon the account and register a new one, until some day where either the mods remove the trust feature, re-evaluate the use of it, or Martin is terminated from the site.

In case you're too thick - that report was made by someone in California. They literally won't name the place they work, because they claim they still work there. Does that make any sense? Someone from California flying to Alberta everyday for work? No.

The person who filed the report also claims to be a woman with breasts. I know they can be a transsexual, or a woman with a masculine name - but seriously? Jeff King?

Can you read, or no? It's so crazy how thick-skulled some people are. Tomatocage also issues out a TON of negative trust. Should he be called a pedophile, too?

It's common sense to not lend someone money and you KNOW they won't pay back.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:58:36 PM

Then along came Martin Lawrence (aka Vod).

wa wa...what an injustice.  Call the media. 

Nobody gives a fat fiddler's fuck.  Grin

cryptomj

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:48:25 AM

In case you're too thick - that report was made by someone in California. They literally won't name the place they work, because they claim they still work there. Does that make any sense? Someone from California flying to Alberta everyday for work? No.

Actually Ripoffreport has a design flaw in that should you make a report from Canada, your location is listed as "CA" as there is no drop down list for Canadian provinces. You have to select from American states even if you have put "Canada". Sometimes it doesn't refresh the provinces/states with Canadian ones after you select Canada. I've been in that situation before and my report (not related to this forum or anyone on it) showed as being from California too.

Regardless of if it's a valid report, it's ranked high in Google and people will naturally question the allegations. I would surmise Jeff King to be a pseudonym.

All I can speak of personally is that Vod *did* leave a comment on my rating concerning pedophilia and a daughter (screen cap taken of the now removed comment) which in my opinion leads me to believe he has some fantasies about underage girls. It's not something that comes to mind when I see a loan request, to want to make a neg rating involving a child.... nor would I think comes to the minds of most other people. "high risk" perhaps, "don't deal with them" maybe... but posting about a child in a sexual manner?

Martin's reputation is questionable at this point in my opinion, which he's brought on himself.

wa wa...what an injustice.  Call the media. 

Nobody gives a fat fiddler's fuck.  Grin

Call the media? Okay... I'll call the media in this case Ripoffreport. A free service, ranks high in search results and there seems to be a pattern concerning underage children - which I've also seen him post about in my own trust rating.

It is what it is. Grin
jingwoo (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:29:29 AM

Well, it's basically your fault you're in debt so...

I didnt ask for my brother to be sick lol? So you're saying everybody else who are sick is their fault? How heartless can you be? People dont beg to be in debt or to be sick, gosh. You're lucky you aren't, so if you dont want to help those who are, keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself.

No, your the person who went over a amount, and you knew you'd get in debt and you couldn't repay it yourself. That might sound insensitive or cruel, but donating (I doubt you'll pay it back) doesn't guarantee that you won't do something like that again, or even 'claim' to.

Firstly, its "you're". Yes I knew I was gonna get in debt, but where else was I supposed to get the money? I can't work. I didn't "claim to", I did it.
jingwoo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:48:41 AM

Also if some kind person gives you 1 BTC where are you going to get the other ~$700 or so from ?
Or are you also on the car/knitting forums I mentiond ??

I will have 4 months of holiday after my exams end, during then, I will get a part time job and repay it.
I have no idea what's a "car/knitting forum"
jingwoo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:57:26 AM

This is one of the better imagined stories lately  Cheesy  Grin

Hi, this is not "imagined" and neither is it a "story" because it is happening. So before you type something, run it through your brain again.
jingwoo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:05:14 AM

What made you come on this forum and ask for free money ?
Like you signed up and made the thread ? So some where along the line you decided you would join this forum, for the purpose of asking for a loan.
Tell us why Smiley ?? Like why didn't you join a car forum or knitting forum or something ??

I was doing a little research on bitcoins and came across this forum. I thought I could try it out as I am pretty desperate, most of the people seem nice here too so I thought if I can't get a loan, I could at least get help on making some bitcoins on my own to repay my debt and helping others who need it.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:56:10 AM

Actually Ripoffreport has a design flaw in that should you make a report from Canada, your location is listed as "CA" as there is no drop down list for Canadian provinces. You have to select from American states even if you have put "Canada". Sometimes it doesn't refresh the provinces/states with Canadian ones after you select Canada. I've been in that situation before and my report (not related to this forum or anyone on it) showed as being from California too.

Regardless of if it's a valid report, it's ranked high in Google and people will naturally question the allegations. I would surmise Jeff King to be a pseudonym.

All I can speak of personally is that Vod *did* leave a comment on my rating concerning pedophilia and a daughter (screen cap taken of the now removed comment) which in my opinion leads me to believe he has some fantasies about underage girls. It's not something that comes to mind when I see a loan request, to want to make a neg rating involving a child.... nor would I think comes to the minds of most other people. "high risk" perhaps, "don't deal with them" maybe... but posting about a child in a sexual manner?

Martin's reputation is questionable at this point in my opinion, which he's brought on himself.

Call the media? Okay... I'll call the media in this case Ripoffreport. A free service, ranks high in search results and there seems to be a pattern concerning underage children - which I've also seen him post about in my own trust rating.

It is what it is. Grin
[/quote]

You must be a really, really crazy individual. Your basing this 'pedophilia' off of the fact because he said something. A.K.A, a sexualized opinion formed in your head.

People on Call of Duty, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto, and nearly any other game combined should be considered demented, then. (Including me.) We shoot, kill, knife, blow up things, and steal stuff. Guess what? Phrases like, 'I'm gonna rape you!', 'I'm going to murder you!', 'Your such a pedobear,', and 'Maybe you should just deepthroat me instead of playing.'

Is it right for me to infer that in real life, they're a rapist, pedophile, or murder? Hmm? Do you see the 'pattern' in that?

Maybe I should really stop feeding trolls.
dicemant

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:04:03 PM

Lol a newbie with only 8 posts with negative rating wants to borrow 1btc? Well newbie would you lend to yourself? Honestly?
jingwoo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:23:52 PM

Lol a newbie with only 8 posts with negative rating wants to borrow 1btc? Well newbie would you lend to yourself? Honestly?

"Well newbie would you lend to yourself"? As a matter of fact, yes I would lol. Like I said, if you don't know anything or if you're not gonna help or say something nice, keep it to yourself! How would you feel like if you asked for help and people tell you "Lol you're a nobody who needs help? Honestly?"
jingwoo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:34:14 PM

No one is going to give you Big bucks

I never asked someone to GIVE me, I asked for a LOAN, read!!!
jingwoo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:42:40 PM

You have to prove something, example a photo with your name on the paper holding from your brother? Or video.
I come on to this forum to ask for a loan that I am gonna repay back and I get bashed and flamed at and people calling this "fake" and that "its my fault I dont have money" and now you want a picture/video seriously? What are you gonna say next? I faked the video? Its my brother's fault he's sick in the hospital? Make fun of him and my family?
jingwoo (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:52:38 PM

Well, it's basically your fault you're in debt so...

I didnt ask for my brother to be sick lol? So you're saying everybody else who are sick is their fault? How heartless can you be? People dont beg to be in debt or to be sick, gosh. You're lucky you aren't, so if you dont want to help those who are, keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself.

It's your own fault you're broke. Always.

Oh? How about you go to the people in hospices right now and start telling them one by one "Its all your fault you're here". Or go to the graveyard or cemetery and yell "Its all of you guys' faults that you're dead!" That is what you're trying to imply here!
I didn't beg God to let my brother be sick or throw away all my money in the bin fyi
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

"Well newbie would you lend to yourself"? As a matter of fact, yes I would lol.

with all due respect, you're either a liar or a fool. 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: