Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:33:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitInstant’s New Website! + BTC-E and Bitstamp!  (Read 3610 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 10:54:54 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2012, 01:26:56 AM by Yankee (BitInstant)

Hello all!

It’s been an honor to serve and work with you all over the past several months. A few of our initiatives
have coalesced today, and we’re very pleased to share them with you:

- BitInstant now supports TWO new exchanges, BTC-E and BitStamp. Working to integrate with
these two excellent exchanges has been a pleasure and we encourage everyone to check them
out and try some trades with them (and enjoy the new arbitrage opportunities!)

- The BitInstant website is fully redesigned. This new site is simpler, faster, and sexier - much
more worthy of the elegant and revolutionary new financial system we’re all working to build.

- Our branding has been completely redone. Or I should say, now we have branding! New logo,
new typeface, and newly enriched desire to conquer global financial markets.

As of today, Bitcoiners the world over can move USD balances instantly between five exchanges:

- MtGox
- Crypto X Change
- Bitcoinica
- Bitstamp
- BTC-E

Also, any of these exchanges can now be funded via Dwolla or Liberty Reserve, and US customers can
also deposit cash at any major bank branch to fund any account within an hour! (Try it, it’s super cool)

These developments will lend further price stability to Bitcoin markets, and broaden access to this new
currency we all love and cherish.

Stay tuned, there is even more excellent news in the coming weeks…

Visit www.BitInstant.com

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

The Team @ Bitinstant.com
T: 1.716.712.4846 | F: 1.347.223.5251 | Support@Bitinstant.com
IRC: irc.bitinstant.com #bitinstant

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 10:57:55 PM

Design looks templatey, but I like the logo.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:49:08 AM

Design looks templatey, but I like the logo.

I like your logo too, Terry Smiley
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 02:48:27 AM

The design is a nice improvement.  Well done.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 03:20:11 AM

That's a first around these parts ,,,

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 04:40:45 AM

The design is a nice improvement.  Well done.

Thank You  Smiley

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 09:00:35 AM

Will you guys ever accept ukash for payment?  That would be a big deal for me personally.. :-D

D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 09:24:51 AM

Logo looks really nice and site looks good, well done.

But,

• I get a lot of "400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large", e.g. when clicking FAQ
  • I don't like the "page in page" so that I get a separate inner scrollbar, e.g. on the Rates and Fees page. It's much easier to get an overview if the full page height is used.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 09:36:28 AM

Logo looks really nice and site looks good, well done.

But,

• I get a lot of "400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large", e.g. when clicking FAQ
  • I don't like the "page in page" so that I get a separate inner scrollbar, e.g. on the Rates and Fees page. It's much easier to get an overview if the full page height is used.

The 400 error has just been fixed, thanks for reporting it.

As for the page in page design - i'll talk to our designer about expanding the page, but believe me that the site as it is now is the result of a LOT of work, we found that using this kind of frame-like effect was generally much more aesthetically pleasing. That FAQ will also be updated soon as we're moving away from the earlier design which used a lot of light humour in a similar style to sites such as nearlyfreespeech.net and others.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 09:43:48 AM

Will you guys ever accept ukash for payment?  That would be a big deal for me personally.. :-D

We're always investigating new payment methods, I believe that ukash in fact may already be on the list (it's a BIG list) but will double check that for you and add it if not.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 09:46:12 AM

On the list!
MacRohard

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:20:09 PM

On the list!

+1. UKash would be great.. you can buy UKash vouchers at most corner stores in the UK - so it'd be like the cash deposit via a bank, except it's a cash deposit via your local corner store instead (open late, weekends, etc).

There's also absolutely no requirement to show ID. You hand over the cash and the corner store guy hands you a receipt with a code on it.

I guess the fees are probably a bit higher than the bank cash deposit thing but I think it would be a pretty robust solution, I'm surprised that none of the exchanges seem to take it yet.

You might also want to look at contracting directly with http://www.epayworldwide.co.uk/ and/or http://www.paypoint.co.uk/. These are the companies that operate the payment terminals in the corner stores that facilitate voucher sales (such as UKash, but there are actually lots of them - you could setup a bitinstant voucher on the paypoint/epay terminals and cut out the ukash middleman - but it would probably still be good to have ukash since they're already setup and in other countries as well).

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:39:40 PM

On the list!

+1. UKash would be great.. you can buy UKash vouchers at most corner stores in the UK - so it'd be like the cash deposit via a bank, except it's a cash deposit via your local corner store instead (open late, weekends, etc).

There's also absolutely no requirement to show ID. You hand over the cash and the corner store guy hands you a receipt with a code on it.

I guess the fees are probably a bit higher than the bank cash deposit thing but I think it would be a pretty robust solution, I'm surprised that none of the exchanges seem to take it yet.

You might also want to look at contracting directly with http://www.epayworldwide.co.uk/ and/or http://www.paypoint.co.uk/. These are the companies that operate the payment terminals in the corner stores that facilitate voucher sales (such as UKash, but there are actually lots of them - you could setup a bitinstant voucher on the paypoint/epay terminals and cut out the ukash middleman - but it would probably still be good to have ukash since they're already setup and in other countries as well).

We've been looking into paypoint for a long time now as it's a service I commonly use myself. Currently, this is scheduled for later this year but we're trying to push it to come sooner.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 01:04:14 PM

On the list!

Thanks!

We're working with a big cash provider in the UK that will encompass all cash deposit methods, not just uKash

Charlie

ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 02:19:50 PM

BTC-E not available anymore?

(BFL)^2 < 0
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 03:02:33 PM

BTC-E not available anymore?

Its down for an hour or so, working something out with their staff.

moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 01:00:31 AM

Pretty...

And you finally got BTC-e going. Time to do the Litecoin shuffle.
Luther

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 05:43:57 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2012, 01:39:53 AM by Luther

[Deleting post. I should have PMed Yankee instead of posting in this thread.]
marked

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 07:03:32 PM

It looks like there's a possible scam on the new website:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75194.0

Have you actually reported this to bitinstant?

o if the answer is NO, then you have absolutely no right to call scam. You can warn people that there is an error occuring, and that you have informed bitinstant and are awaiting a reply, but to call scam is the height of stupidity.

o if the answer is YES, and they responded negatively, then you have cause to call SCAM, but you don't mention this in your post, in fact you don't say whether you have contacted them at all.

Learn the difference between SCAM and ERROR.

The thread you linked to is authored by you, don't you think that was worth mentioning?

marked
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 07:09:05 PM

Firstly, we would appreciate if you would contact us before publicly reporting us as a scam.

We do a service for this community, and you are more then welcome to not use our service.

I will respond to this in your original thread as to keep this one on topic

Thank you

Charlie

Have you actually reported this to bitinstant?

o if the answer is NO, then you have absolutely no right to call scam. You can warn people that there is an error occuring, and that you have informed bitinstant and are awaiting a reply, but to call scam is the height of stupidity.

o if the answer is YES, and they responded negatively, then you have cause to call SCAM, but you don't mention this in your post, in fact you don't say whether you have contacted them at all.

Learn the difference between SCAM and ERROR.

The thread you linked to is authored by you, don't you think that was worth mentioning?

marked

Thank you!

Some people really don't know the difference  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: