Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:03:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XDP]Dogeparty is a layer on the Dogecoin network  (Read 5149 times)
homerzhu (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:10:27 AM

Dogeparty is a layer on the Dogecoin network for new coins that foster creativity and promote social good.

Why Dogeparty?

Bitcoin-based Counterparty is a fantastic system for serious crypto-finance, but for smaller value transactions, when it comes to placing orders, creating assets, and generally taking care of business DOGE brings some great advantages to the party.

10x Faster

Transactions confirmation times on Dogeparty are typically 10x faster than traditional Bitcoin transactions, at 1-10 minutes. This opens the door to whole new applications impossible with slower network speeds.
100x Cheaper

Network fees on a meta-layer can be around $0.25, and make it costly to run applications on top of Bitcoin. DOGE fees are about 100x cheaper, so micro-transactions can thrive on Dogeparty, ideal for socially-oriented projects and startups.
100x Cheaper

Friendly

With Dogeparty you can take part in an community-driven global marketplace of good, where anything and everything is traded with no exchange fees. If this is a message that resonates with you, we’d love your support.

What Can I Do with Dogeparty?

A lot, actually. Making your own token on Dogeparty means you can have your own asset to distribute, while still supporting the Dogecoin network and community. Raise funds in DOGE, and reward your supporters with a custom coin that can be tailored to your needs, without needing your own blockchain!

Create

Want to publish a book or album without a publisher or have an amazing product ? Create your own token, put up a page explaining your goals and collect DOGE donations from your supporters! You get the funds, your backers get a token that can give them access or a share of the project. When you're ready, reward your backers by trading your work for the coin you gave out.

Plan events

Planning an actual DOGE Party, or even just a normal human event? Raise funds for the work and costs by selling an EVENT coin that can then be used at the event to pay for entry, drinks, and shibe snacks. You get the funds up front, and your guests get something tangible (and fungible) in return. This allows you to cover costs, and also give your backers a guaranteed unit of value beyond a name on the guestlist. In fact, the coin IS the guestlist!

Give back

Raising funds for doing good? Create a CharityCoin to give back to donors who support your cause. You can then make the token valuable by having businesses and supporters donate and services which are auctioned for the CharityCoin at one-off or periodic events where only the CharityCoin is accepted.

What is XDP?

XDP is fuel for the Dogeparty rocket. Buy the fuel with your DOGE during the burn period. With XDP you can issue your own custom tokens for e-tickets, reward points, game currencies & so on.

How does Proof of Burn work?

The burn involves sending DOGE to a provably unspendable address (it might look a bit like DOGEPARTYxxxxxxx) effectively destroying the DOGE.
For every 1000 DOGE you burn, you will receive 1 XDP. To reward earlier burners, the first blocks will award a bonus of 50%, giving you back 1.5 XDP for every 1000 DOGE. This is a bonus that gets a little bit lower with each block that passes, by the end of the burn the rate will be exactly 1000:1. After burning your DOGE, the issuance of your XDP will happen automatically by the protocol.
The burn begins on Tue, August 12th and will last for 30 days. There will only ever be one burning period, so get 'em while they're hot! If you're thinking about creating something on Dogeparty, you'll need to obtain some XDP. It should be possible to get some later, but you'd need to buy it from someone selling on an exchange—likely at a higher price.

How do I get started?

1. You'll need to get yourself a Dogewallet, our custom version of Counterwallet. It will be available when the counter above reaches zero.
2. Send DOGE from your existing wallet to one of the addresses in Dogewallet.
3. The wallet shows your sent balance in DOGE. Click on the menu and choose the 'Burn' entry, select an amount and you are ready to go.
4. Congratulations! You've got XDP.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:12:18 AM

Wasn't there a thread on this before?
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:14:25 AM
Merited by nutildah (2)

liyuxuanfc

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:26:41 AM

Take a look at

SkullCoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:37:55 AM

I'm going to be switching over to Dogeparty from Counterparty once burning is over and all features are activated. I'm switching because my project requires lots of micro transactions and Bitcoin fees add up over time. It's also nice to have faster transactions. I'm anxious to see how the Decentralized Exchange performs.

The biggest issue people have, that I have noticed so far, is assets don't have centralized exchanges. You can setup a centralized exchange, but most people will start out with the decentralized exchange at first.
qtgwith

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:45:13 AM

Why you open a new thread?   Angry Angry

There are two threads already!
homerzhu (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:41:13 AM

I can not find the xdp thread, so i open a new.

Any question?
dogetime

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

BUY BUY CELL CELL

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:24:42 AM

I can not find the xdp thread, so i open a new.

Any question?
So every time we can't see a thread on the first page we should start a new one? In before 10,000 darkcoin threads... Roll Eyes

Just use the search, it's not that hard. You type what you want to find in that white box with the magnifying glass next to it using a keyboard, once you've typed it you click the box next to it that says 'Search' using the left button on your mouse. Once you do that you'll get a page with these things called results that have links on them, if you click them using your mouse it will take you to the thread. Hope that helps, I did it for you this time but hopefully next time you'll be able to manage on your own  Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737231.0

Pump and dump philosophy
BTC: 1EZnwK5H5nRV2Tm4qToPg4Gb56eu35YoUC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: