Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:59:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Opinions] IF you could improve/add/remove 1 thing to bitcoin what would it be?  (Read 5702 times)
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:44:17 PM

The most critical in my opinion: Address the 1 MB blocksize limit to allow Bitcoin to scale.
I agree, this is the most important thing that will need to be changed sometime in the future, along with the max number of TX per second. I think both of these should not be changed until we see more blocks getting consistently close to the max block size and more periods of the network bumping up against the max number of TX per second as it is expensive for node operators to have that much bandwidth.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

Have a built in exchange that allows for custom API configuration. If you can arbitrage trade right from your wallet, that could really help a lot of people out.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:22:56 PM

If the mining could be easier then profits would be more. However this might cause inflation..

What do you mean by "easier"Huh It doesn't matter how big the profit is, a higher number of Bitcoins as a block reward would mean that the price goes down accordingly. It's a self-balancing thing!

itsAj

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:54:42 PM

If the mining could be easier then profits would be more. However this might cause inflation..

What do you mean by "easier"Huh It doesn't matter how big the profit is, a higher number of Bitcoins as a block reward would mean that the price goes down accordingly. It's a self-balancing thing!
The is correct. The overall profitability of mining will always have the same target. If profitability gets to be too high (block time is less then 10 minutes) then the difficulty will rise, and if profitability gets too low (block time is greater then 10 minutes) then difficulty will fall. The per day/hour/week profitability will always stay the same.
wordman267645

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:44:33 AM

Yes, i appreciate with you..time is important for all of us, so transaction times that must be solved.
williamj2543

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:49:04 AM

I agree with transaction times. I know its a lot less than other payment providers, but those are impossible to reverse maliciously, other than chargebacks, which aren't present in bitcoin. Bitcoin you can easily double spend the minute you leave the restaurant after paying, while its still unconfirmed, and get your money back and free food, and the restaurant couldn't do anything about it. Also waiting around for 10+ minutes is simply not possible for bars or restaurants, because aint nobody got time fo dat. Also because of the block size limit, more blocks would increase scalability.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:58:31 AM

Sure!  Just unplug your miners, it will lower the difficulty for the rest of us!  Grin

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
BitcoinBadger

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:20:34 AM

The current system works perfectly and well, no major changes are required...

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:05:19 AM

What if 10 million people decide to use bitcoin. Im sure the network would begin to struggle with massive amounts of transactions being made and size limits.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:39:42 AM

I think i want to mining setting, after 21.000.000 BTC mined. Bitcoin still can mined, but the reward is only 1 BTC / block  Grin

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:47:44 AM

I think i want to mining setting, after 21.000.000 BTC mined. Bitcoin still can mined, but the reward is only 1 BTC / block  Grin

But then we become Doge, and our value will drop hard. Not a good idea to make it an inflationary currency.
ducatitalia

Activity: 259

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:52:08 PM

What if 10 million people decide to use bitcoin. Im sure the network would begin to struggle with massive amounts of transactions being made and size limits.

Based on the rate of adoption and wallet creation, we might be at this level by the end of the year...

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:22:13 PM

Based on the rate of adoption and wallet creation, we might be at this level by the end of the year...

Which is another reason why Mutli Sig support in the clients would be a massive benefit. It will expand the possibly uses and help people have confidence in the system as both a sign of continuous development and also expanding the basic feature set..
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:26:55 PM

Untraceability

That's already solved.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:15:14 PM

Not 100% true, anyone can be traced with the slightest clues left behind.
MoonRise

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:17:03 PM

If I could change one thing, it would be confirmation times. 5-10 min/confirmation is too slow rate, specially doing high amount transactions.
addroup

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:21:26 PM

Seems that almost all the bitcoin users in this thread agree to decrease the transaction times, and you can add me too of course Smiley

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:33:36 PM

Seems that almost all the bitcoin users in this thread agree to decrease the transaction times, and you can add me too of course Smiley

If I could change one thing, it would be confirmation times. 5-10 min/confirmation is too slow rate, specially doing high amount transactions.

Yes could be improved but isnt necessary. Bank transfers take several days and international bank transfers can take weeks or months if you encounter a problem. So 5 minutes isnt that bad Smiley
Fearless

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

The current system seems pretty perfect, even the confirmation times are not bad..10 mins , anyone can wait.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:04:38 PM

The current system seems pretty perfect, even the confirmation times are not bad..10 mins , anyone can wait.

It seems perfect because not too many people are using it. Come a BIG influx of people and im sure we will see the problems arise.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: