Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:21:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Opinions] IF you could improve/add/remove 1 thing to bitcoin what would it be?  (Read 5702 times)
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:46:24 PM

AND why?
Just 1 thing, for I it would be transaction times, cause waiting for those confirmations is wayy too long sometimes  Cry

I would like to see some improvements in security and scam prevention, I know it's almost impossible but I wish there was some way to catch people who take bitcoins and run away like all the website scams (wallets/mining) etc.
I think a better solution would be more consumer education as to how to employ common sense to protect your money. People are very much used to the consumer protections associated with credit cards and are not used to having to protect themselves against scams like this.

btcracer1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:49:13 PM

I would change the bitcoin core wallet and modify it to work like a lightweight client (electrum - armory etc).
BitcoinBadger

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:56:39 PM

AND why?
Just 1 thing, for I it would be transaction times, cause waiting for those confirmations is wayy too long sometimes  Cry
I think they are fine, unless you do too many deals/transactions per day..

Works well for me, I am good with it.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:33:36 AM

AND why?
Just 1 thing, for I it would be transaction times, cause waiting for those confirmations is wayy too long sometimes  Cry
I think they are fine, unless you do too many deals/transactions per day..

Works well for me, I am good with it.

Well thats coming from, most likely, a personal (consumer) user. From a business point of view it would be much harder to use due to these time frames.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:12:21 PM

My answer is very simple,I would add an actual demand for it. Right now it is not in demand, it has no demand and from what i can see the developers have nothing in mind to create a demand for it, so its value rests in the simplest form ----> whos buying and whos selling and the stronger side decides its value. At the present moment the sellers are winning as the value is only 478 dollars a coin.

oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

Definitely has to be the transaction time. That is really a pain and needs to be solved in my opinion as it leaves you with a long wait for confirmations. Having better transaction times might make way for people wanting to get into using bitcoin who are quite impatient and don't want to be waiting for confirmations.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:47:47 PM

It would be nice to be able to remove the transparency of the Blockchain from time to time.  Some more options to have anonymity is always nice this day in age.  I'm not sure it would prove to be a great decision but with privacy issues the way they are these days I'm not against at least having more options to protect and secure data and transactions. 

I think as a whole it would help with cleaning up the Alt scene of new coins claiming to be anonymous and not really offering anything of value to the market.  More quality of Bitcoin is less quantity of pump and dump alt coins if you ask me.  I understand this would have a upside and downside but I think it's worth implementing.
StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:37:01 PM

Definitely has to be the transaction time. That is really a pain and needs to be solved in my opinion as it leaves you with a long wait for confirmations.
Please give an example, because I don't see a problem.

I have spent bitcoin in 2 places: Overstock.com and Ocean Blue Sushi.

On Overstock.com, I checked out with Bitcoin, paid, and received my shipment in a few days. PayPal would not have been any faster.

At the restaurant, I asked to pay with bitcoin after the meal. The waitress brought a tablet device with a Bitcoin address and an amount (after I entered the tip amount). I paid with my mobile app (Mycelium), and after a few seconds she said: "Thank you for your payment."

In both the web and the brick-and-mortar cases, I didn't wait. I paid, and went on my way. What is the problem we are trying to solve here?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: