Hooray! I've finally been released from newbie hell.
I've been wanting to share a killer idea that could extract lots of BTC from horny net guys (and put it into the wallets of hungry cam girls). It would function like this:
- Each visitor to the site sees a unique Bitcoin address into which they are to deposit BTC.
- The site is otherwise a pretty standard camgirl-type site, with a thumbnail index of all the girls currently online waiting to give shows.
- Upon entering a "room," a visitor can watch the girl for free until she turns on the "premium" switch. (Still standard camgirl stuff.)
- Once the room goes premium, viewers see a meter (thermometer style) along the edge of the video. The meter represents their current credit.
- There is a button labeled "Fill: 1 BTC," which deducts 1 BTC from the viewer's unique address (into which they've already deposited some BTC) and adds it to the meter.
- The meter slowly drains as the viewer watches the show. When it gets low, visual cues alert and encourage the viewer to click the "Fill" button to continue viewing.
There would be much less friction for the customer because he doesn't have to give away any personal information to put credits into the system. There would be much less friction for the site operators because they don't have to deal with credit card processors. And there would be much less friction for the girls because they don't have to have bank accounts or pay exorbitant fees to receive and cash checks.
I don't know anything about Flash, and I don't particularly want to deal with the legal regulations surrounding this industry, but the opportunity is there for someone (Tuxavant?) to firmly establish Bitcoin in yet another mainstream Internet industry.