Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Something better than Operation Fabulous?  (Read 10213 times)
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:09:17 PM

Ooh, what about a "trending" measurement of some kind? I know that on my site, for example, I expect a certain # of hits per day as a baseline, but every once in a while something makes it to the front page of Hacker News or something and I'll get 10k+ hits in 24 hours - would be nice if advertisers could jump in to take advantage of those kinds of spikes but with the metrics that are in place there's no way for them to know about a 24hr spike until it's over. Realtime analytics is probably asking for a bit much, but maybe hourly stat updates instead of daily?

Everything is slow slow slow because BioMike choose to write from scratch and use non-standard technology. There's no git repository or instruction on how to set up development environment. Even the most active owner on Operation Fabulous don't interface with me everyday.

I'll figure out it gradually, but it will takes some time. When I do finish figuring out stuff out, while upgrading, I may be able to work on your request, or not. It all depends on what's the most urgent and important issue.

Ouch Sad

Well keep on plugging, I'm sure you'll do something good with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:24:08 AM

Honestly if it really is as poorly written as you're making it out to be, it may be better on all counts to just roll a clone from scratch...
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:55:42 PM

Honestly if it really is as poorly written as you're making it out to be, it may be better on all counts to just roll a clone from scratch...

I will be rolling like nobody's business when it comes to developing a clone from scratch.

However, the caveat is that I am no security ninja and the new version will be unproven. I did figured out how to make payment works without requiring interaction with a hot wallet at kibabase.com.(Since then, I abandoned it for free content business model) I might develop something similar at operationfabulous.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:29:50 PM

Good news, folk. I convinced the owner to develop a clone using supported technologies.

The only question is how long it will takes.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 11:35:33 PM

Why don t you start a github repository and let people contribute to improve things ?

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 12:39:47 AM

Why don t you start a github repository and let people contribute to improve things ?

Even if I want to, I don't think mc_lovin likes the idea.

(Competition versus benefit of contribution plus the thorny issue of how to compensate contributors)

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 03:23:34 AM

Good news, folk. I convinced the owner to develop a clone using supported technologies.

In other words: You're trying to fix what ain't broken. lol
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 03:28:35 AM

Even if I want to, I don't think mc_lovin likes the idea.

(Competition versus benefit of contribution plus the thorny issue of how to compensate contributors)

Give them ad credits like google does.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 12:55:15 PM

We ain't destroying opfab's current codebase just yet. We're just letting it sit while we develop a clone that's written in standard tech.

Yes, I absolutely recognize that this is the last choice that any developers would do in my shoe.

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 01:34:26 PM

We ain't destroying opfab's current codebase just yet. We're just letting it sit while we develop a clone that's written in standard tech.

Yes, I absolutely recognize that this is the last choice that any developers would do in my shoe.

what will you use?

I really dig python for pretty much everything. Much easier to develop securely than with say php.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 01:35:22 PM

what will you use?

I really dig python for pretty much everything. Much easier to develop securely than with say php.

Ruby on Rails, coffeescript, haml, bootstrap, and all that yummy alphabets.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:12:59 PM

Ok, Mc_Lovin is not the greatest communicator there is on the forum. He seems to be awfully busy. I am still waiting for him to discuss payment and development issue.

I don't have much motivation to work on this project without until all these issues are discussed, especially payment.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 10:24:44 PM

I suspended development after learning of an already completed clone of operation fabulous. No words on when it will be activated and online.

Mc_lovin is not the best communicator as he seems to have too much going on in his personal and business life. Attempted PM communication several times and getting no response despite that mc_lovin is alive and well and talking on the forum.

I still haven't provide any value to Operation Fabulous yet, so OF is entitled to a small project sometime in the future, especially if mc_lovin is a better communicator and more available.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: