Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:51:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Grooveshark.com and their response to bitcoins  (Read 6898 times)
chsados (OP)

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 07:58:19 PM

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlizard

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 08:14:27 PM

cool site i would probably drop a few bitcoins there...

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: OpenPGP.js v.1.20130820
Comment: http://openpgpjs.org

xo0EUhf9FQED/0sL3rfa9DYObowd03us1FpzLw5l5FteaeUnArz68lp9HNqP
VXixNNHRW4Zozm+wPcU68D8IdfgKJamLEYuQcrN9Dy35TllW9djSTYz1D5Cl
ITa/88kYXUurCG5vzoYujXEBggCz/+VsHhwsDC1U+PFUAmrWyii9UEmu2Nwm
aNBZABEBAAHNIlJlZ2FuIE1pbG5lIDxyZWdhbm1pbG5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbT7C
nAQQAQgAEAUCUhf9FwkQ6+hDAft7/iQAADjEA/sFZG4B3SfwsoEzXHa9Rq/A
QabkxwnDR4BIm0zq2YfAuk08yZA0lbvaYE8mlPt3Xb2NmlErC3g/ymfktx2m
NrhP6BRXmPP/b4E+EPSbKBeLI/+eCP6BwPLEpZYQrHxg0eHLwYNQTK5f6SxK
7vcxO/OaBmcvo9ZAHDKkP3HJiqRZyw==
=feLE
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
yunk3r

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 08:15:54 PM

I would totally pay for grooveshark if they accepted bitcoins and if the price was right of course.  
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 10:02:25 PM

I would totally pay for grooveshark if they accepted bitcoins and if the price was right of course.  

Ditto!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
chsados (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 10:17:29 PM

So here is an update...not much progress but atleast they are still responding.  I urge anyone interested to email viphelp@grooveshark.com to ask about accepting bitcoin.  I informed them about the bit-pay and mtgox's commerce api.  I'm not the best at writing emails detailing why bitcoin would be a great implementation...so any of you concise/eloquent users willing to email them...i say go for it!

CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 10:20:29 PM

Curiously, did you also pass along something like BitPay? I know a few companies who refuse to accept BTC because they think they have to do all of the exchanging manually.

Would be very awesome for them to start accepting BTC :O
chsados (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 10:22:10 PM

In my response to them I did simply direct them to check out bitpay and the fact that mtgox plans on doing something similar.  Again, if anyone is willing to eloquently explain how bitpay works to them it would be much appreciated!

Perhaps I should reach out to the owner of bitpay to talk to them?
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 12:38:00 AM

Or suggest Paysius.com
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 12:58:12 AM

So you got 2 months of grooveshark for your suggestion?! Awesome!

chsados (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:54:36 AM

So you got 2 months of grooveshark for your suggestion?! Awesome!

yup!  they are awesome people!  i really hope they decide to accept bitcoins
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 02:13:22 AM

Curiously, did you also pass along something like BitPay? I know a few companies who refuse to accept BTC because they think they have to do all of the exchanging manually.

Not only are we able to manage the exchange for them, but we can provide detailed accounting reports of the sort that would be needed in any kind of financial audit of revenues should that be necessary (including detailed real time exchange rates at the time revenue is recognized).  This is very important for many companies considering Bitcoin as a payment option.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 04:36:59 PM

Ah man I hope Grooveshark accepts bitcoin!  I use that service every day for listening to tunes at work!
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 06:43:43 PM

Not only are we able to manage the exchange for them, but we can provide detailed accounting reports of the sort that would be needed in any kind of financial audit of revenues should that be necessary (including detailed real time exchange rates at the time revenue is recognized).  This is very important for many companies considering Bitcoin as a payment option.

I didn't honestly realise you guys did this. Will have to look into accepting bitcoin through some of my day-to-day business as that clears up the major problem I'd had until now...

Good news on grooveshark too! I maintain that for organisations that tend to have issues with major payment methods, bitcoin could be a blessing - can you imagine if allofmp3 had been able to use it before they shut down?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 08:23:42 PM

I love grooveshark, been paying them $3/month for years.

chsados (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:24:23 PM

UPDATE:  they have still been responding to my emails, I have been keeping them updated on mtgoxs new Magento integration and i think i'm making progress.  I encourage any grooveshark users to send them an email to show how bitcoin can be a good thing for them.

email viphelp@grooveshark.com

if you guys have never heard of grooveshark check it out i use it every day and their mobile app is killer!
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:31:53 PM

Isnt grooveshark for free? I cant find any plans or anything on their site.

Or do you just donate a monthly amount to them regularly?
chsados (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:37:27 PM

it's kind of like pandora to a certain extent.  the website is free with occasional adds.  or you can pay a fee for no adds + a mobile app with unlimited storage

more information http://help.grooveshark.com/customer/portal/topics/293-premium/articles
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:21:32 PM

Or suggest Paysius.com

I frequent these forums, and watch for bitcoin-related news on the Web. I've never heard of Paysius until I stumbled upon this thread. It seems to be well designed and built. I just checked on the Bitcoin Wiki, there is nothing under "merchant solutions" (which looks scary, by the way), nor "shopping cart interfaces."

The obvious concern is that great, functioning, and simple things like this one do not get exposure they deserve. It'd be a shame if bitcoin fizzled out because of problems of this kind. The network is there, tested and tried. Solutions like Paysius are also there, and there are more coming, but potential new users have a hard time finding out about them.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:29:26 PM

Or suggest Paysius.com
I didn't know about Paysius but i like their homepage, simple and clear

fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:53:27 PM

Or suggest Paysius.com

I frequent these forums, and watch for bitcoin-related news on the Web. I've never heard of Paysius until I stumbled upon this thread. It seems to be well designed and built. I just checked on the Bitcoin Wiki, there is nothing under "merchant solutions" (which looks scary, by the way), nor "shopping cart interfaces."

The obvious concern is that great, functioning, and simple things like this one do not get exposure they deserve. It'd be a shame if bitcoin fizzled out because of problems of this kind. The network is there, tested and tried. Solutions like Paysius are also there, and there are more coming, but potential new users have a hard time finding out about them.

+1! Ive head the name here or there being quite active on reading the forums  but never looked in to it! This is an amazing service that I plan to use in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: