Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of absolutely crazy people.  (Read 2639 times)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:46:16 PM

The universe appears to be in perpetual motion...

Wrong. Everything is using energy. Eventually, the expansion of the universe will cease. Eventually, all matter will turn into energy.

To be fair, he may be referring to Newton's first law of motion, although that is not "perpetual motion"...

BitChick and her husband, if I recall correctly they believe the earth is 6000 years old or some shit like that.

Link me to where they said that.

Did you guys watch the debate with Ken Ham and Bill Nye?

Although it was an interesting listen, I wasn't all that impressed by either side.  Like I mentioned above, David Berlinski is an AGNOSTIC, and he makes some incredible points against evolution.  Here is a good clip of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHeSaUq-Hl8

I watched.  For the most part I really liked it.  Although I completely agree with Ken Ham on almost all his points, I really wish he had not made as many references to the Bible, or at least saved it until the end when someone asked if he would ever change his mind or what was the most important thing to him.  To use the Bible as a point of reference is irrelevant to those who do not believe in the Bible.

Also, there was more observational scientific facts that he could have shared for a few topics.  One being that there are some reasons why the stars can appear so far away even though the earth is young (It has to do with Einsteins theory of relativity.  To learn more research Dr. Russel Humphrey's studies in his book "Starlight and Time") and there is evidence in the fossil record of plenty of sea animals that are in areas that would not be expected that can only be explained with a world-wide flood, just for a couple of things. But there is only so much time I guess.  At least the discussion was started.  It really is important to seperate the historical science that cannot be observed from the present day observational and experimental science that we can all agree on.  That was a good point Ken Ham made.

And, for those that watched the debate, what was up with Bill Nye's discussion on fish sex?  I still don't really get the point he was trying to make there completely. Wink  I never have thought much about it though!   Tongue

Ken Ham is the Creation Museum guy.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:03:45 PM

BitChick and her husband, if I recall correctly they believe the earth is 6000 years old or some shit like that.

Earth was a moon of Jupiter possibly as recent as 10,000 years ago. Moving the moon into a planetary configuration caused a lot chaos, earth quakes, "flooding", freezing & heating and an increase in gravity.

To say the Earth was "created" 6,000 years ago isn't too far from what really happened.

Venus was also moved and there's no disputing that its surface is less than 10,000 years old based on the most recent satellite data.
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:27:49 PM

Dunno if I belong on this list. I am a bit nuts.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:42:31 PM

Wrong. Everything is using energy. Eventually, the expansion of the universe will cease. Eventually, all matter will turn into energy.

The idea of the heat death of the universe is taken from the Big Bang Theory. Unfortunately this is just a theory and not fact. Every single phenomenon the BBT explains has alternative explanations in a steady state universe.

In fact most people already know that the BBT is a crazy theory.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/21/sorry_neil_degrasse_tyson_over_half_of_americans_dont_believe_the_big_bang_theory/
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:55:26 PM

The idea of the heat death of the universe is taken from the Big Bang Theory. Unfortunately this is just a theory and not fact. Every single phenomenon the BBT explains has alternative explanations in a steady state universe.

In fact most people already know that the BBT is a crazy theory.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/21/sorry_neil_degrasse_tyson_over_half_of_americans_dont_believe_the_big_bang_theory/

People won Nobel prizes for discoveries that support the Big Bang Theory model, if you have a better model, go for it, they are still giving the prize every year...

darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:34:10 AM

I believe in one "being" that is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent.

I also believe that throughout many of the religions in the world, that being has expressed itself to people. For ex: There are many similarities between Ancient Egyptian Mythology and Christianity(3 days, rising from the dead etc). Many religions believe in an joyous afterlife for the good and a "hell" for the bad.

It's one of three things in my opinion.

1) God is like I described above(No one religion is right on their depiction of God, he is in all religions)

2) There is no God and I'm completely wrong

3) God is real and from one or a mixture of religions present today(So for ex: The Jesus Christ of Christianity is the true god)

Well, that's just a view of mines.  Tongue
Dimelord

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:36:06 AM

After seeing the crazy amount of people, let's start a list of crazy people. To get someone added to the list, just post their name and a link to their post in which you can consider pretty insane:

(This should belong in meta, but I want to keep meta more serious)[/list]
    So... yeah, I believe the world is around 6000 years old, and I never participated in any sort of scam/ipo/shitcoin/cryptsy activity. Am I crazy?
    pedrog
    Legendary

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 12:44:48 AM

So... yeah, I believe the world is around 6000 years old, and I never participated in any sort of scam/ipo/shitcoin/cryptsy activity. Am I crazy?

Actually you are not!

Michael Shermer has a really good book on why we believe strange stuff, you can also watch on youtube his talks about that.

Your particular belief, the 6000 years old earth comes, probably, from misinformation and religious indoctrination.

Karpeles
    Legendary

Activity: 1162
    Merit: 1000

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 12:48:46 AM

Add people that still believe they will get their Gox coins back
    Kanapka

Activity: 818
    Merit: 1003

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 12:57:54 AM

Add people that still believe they will get their Gox coins back

Go scam somewhere else, Mark Karpeles!
    Dimelord

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 01:15:56 AM

Actually you are not!

Michael Shermer has a really good book on why we believe strange stuff, you can also watch on youtube his talks about that.

Your particular belief, the 6000 years old earth comes, probably, from misinformation and religious indoctrination.
    lol Hey man, I can believe whatever I want, just like you can...  Grin Call me crazy, that's fine by me. We are all still family here  Smiley
    TheButterZone
    Legendary

Activity: 3010

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
    September 01, 2014, 01:34:35 AM

TheButterZone - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=764452.0 - Changing his middle name to Satoshi

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
    Gleb Gamow
    In memoriam
    VIP
    Legendary

Activity: 1428
    Merit: 1145

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 01:57:20 AM

Earth was a moon of Jupiter possibly as recent as 10,000 years ago. Moving the moon into a planetary configuration caused a lot chaos, earth quakes, "flooding", freezing & heating and an increase in gravity.

To say the Earth was "created" 6,000 years ago isn't too far from what really happened.

Venus was also moved and there's no disputing that its surface is less than 10,000 years old based on the most recent satellite data.

Jehovah Witnesses believe the Earth is only 6K old, and my oldest sister in Indiana attends a Church that believes the Earth is only 10K old. I recall my sister, who's a tad slow (but not retard, apology for this usage), talking to my dad at his deathbed to embrace Jesus. Dad told here, "Fuck Jesus!" Then, my sister went outside and cried.
    darkota

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 02:07:09 AM

Jehovah Witnesses believe the Earth is only 6K old, and my oldest sister in Indiana attends a Church that believes the Earth is only 10K old. I recall my sister, who's a tad slow (but not retard, apology for this usage), talking to my dad at his deathbed to embrace Jesus. Dad told here, "Fuck Jesus!" Then, my sister went outside and cried.

If anything, that might of been a bad move on your dad's part. It's impossible to prove and disprove the existence of God....so just in case the Christian God exists, you don't want to go around saying, "Fuck Jesus"...
    Gleb Gamow
    In memoriam
    VIP
    Legendary

Activity: 1428
    Merit: 1145

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 02:16:07 AM

If anything, that might of been a bad move on your dad's part. It's impossible to prove and disprove the existence of God....so just in case the Christian God exists, you don't want to go around saying, "Fuck Jesus"...

Good point! For what it's worth, dad no longer says it.
    darkota

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 02:24:27 AM

Good point! For what it's worth, dad no longer says it.

I don't know if ," For what it's worth, dad no longer says it" should be interpreted as your dad has passed away, which I'm assuming it is hence "talking to my dad at his deathbed", in which case then I'm deeply sorry for making that remark...
    BADecker
    Legendary

Activity: 3794
    Merit: 1373

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 07:17:21 AM

http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm   Wink

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
    bluefirecorp (OP)
    Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 07:19:35 AM

http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm   Wink

Mate, you're already on the crazy list. Literally, you believe in random shit written in a single fairy tale book nearly 2000 years ago as opposed to the literally thousands of research papers written in the last 50 years.

BADecker
    Legendary

Activity: 3794
    Merit: 1373

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 07:27:12 AM

Mate, you're already on the crazy list. Literally, you believe in random shit written in a single fairy tale book nearly 2000 years ago as opposed to the literally thousands of research papers written in the last 50 years.

You're so cute. I don't blame you for trying to talk down anything or anybody that goes against what you think. After all, besides some bitcoins, talk is all you have. I appreciate you, though. After all, God's got a plan for you, and hopes for your good.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
    bluefirecorp (OP)
    Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
    September 01, 2014, 07:29:24 AM

You're so cute. I don't blame you for trying to talk down anything or anybody that goes against what you think. After all, besides some bitcoins, talk is all you have. I appreciate you, though. After all, God's got a plan for you, and hopes for your good.

Smiley

Seriously, you're mental. This is like playing chess with pigeon, I'm not going to win. You're just going to keep knocking pieces off the board. But seriously, go get yourself checked. You're a religious extremist by all means. You're an actual literalist, which are the worst.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: