Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will XSX Arise Chikun
yes
no
i dont care
i dont know what that means
dis shit goin to 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XSX]ServX -(POW)-(Scrypt) Fucking regulations killed us  (Read 84099 times)
chisefu

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:11:37 PM

Hey now, don't blame me for this.  Just kidding, we're moving this back to the original algorithm and will publish the git soon so we can investigate what the hell is going on.  This code is like, well different.  We changed the block retarget time, and the difficulty adjustment variables thinking they would change just that but we got this.  We think it's the pre-kgw gravity well, which may have to get ripped out and replaced with darkgravity wave or digishield or even kgw.
chisefu

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:44:53 PM

Ok:

http://servx.chickenstrips.net/ServX-KGW.tgz

We ripped out that funky difficulty thing, and replaced it with KGW.  Changes take effect at block 4523

Sorry I didn't make clean and send this out smaller, but whatever.  When I get the new git password I'll commit it properly but I told Mick to change it and not share it with anyone.

Minerpools please update asap, I'll PM you right now.  If this doesn't fix it, well I vote for a complete rebuild of the code because this is just like trying to polish a turd.
MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:22:28 AM

the waiting is the hardest part

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
Guy Mollet

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:02:37 AM

About 10 hours later, the 4519 block to stay. What time can solve?
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:40:35 AM

Diff is still rising, lets see what happens after block 4523.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:06:31 PM

hopefully it retargets
OM mani padme om

opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:44:23 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 04:55:37 AM by opossum

Block 4522 will be even in higher difficulty, it may be 3 days before we solve it.
Nevertheless I'm throwing in all my hash to help.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:38:42 PM

Block 4522 will be even in higher difficulty, it may be 3 days before we solve it.
Nevertheless I'm throwing in all my hash to help.
block 4523 saw a 33% reduction in difficulty lets send positive love to the blockchain and hope block 4524 sees an even lower diff 

MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:18:48 PM

2,300 for 1 year lease another great sign by EXPRESS BILLBOARDS 

MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:11:19 PM

the waiting is the hardest part

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:32:23 PM

Hey Dev..........

Just went to install the new wallet as the original stopped syncing.  Noticed something of concern when I checked the file on VirusTotal.com!  I am used to seeing false positives for bitcoin miners etc, but this one is saying there are 3 viruses with one that sounds really bad........"Win32.Poison - Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT".......this is a backdoor virus that allows for remote access.  Not liking the sounds of that and have never seen that one listed in any other wallets!

Any ideas what this is and why it is there?

Also.....is there an ETA on when you will be sending out the certs?

Congrats on your last sign lease:-)
MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:43:58 PM

Hey Dev..........

Just went to install the new wallet as the original stopped syncing.  Noticed something of concern when I checked the file on VirusTotal.com!  I am used to seeing false positives for bitcoin miners etc, but this one is saying there are 3 viruses with one that sounds really bad........"Win32.Poison - Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT".......this is a backdoor virus that allows for remote access.  Not liking the sounds of that and have never seen that one listed in any other wallets!

yea we are concerned too I thought the new version didn't have those when I scanned let me look into it seems ol Valzador might have sabotaged us from the get here

Files reported as Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT are not necessarily malicious.

what I can say for sure is i have ran both the file and the system its running on through TDSSkiller and both came up clean

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:51:35 PM

Hey Dev..........

Just went to install the new wallet as the original stopped syncing.  Noticed something of concern when I checked the file on VirusTotal.com!  I am used to seeing false positives for bitcoin miners etc, but this one is saying there are 3 viruses with one that sounds really bad........"Win32.Poison - Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT".......this is a backdoor virus that allows for remote access.  Not liking the sounds of that and have never seen that one listed in any other wallets!

yea we are concerned too I thought the new version didn't have those when I scanned let me look into it seems ol Valzador might have sabotaged us from the get here

Cool man, will wait on the upgrade.  Think we should remove links to that wallet till resolved!!

Who is this Valzador chap?

Did the first wallet have bugs in it?  Not sure I scanned that one, hopefully I did as usual.

You missed question on certs?

Thanks for the quick reply bud!
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:55:37 PM

Oh shit!

Just checked the original wallet and it has the exact same viruses being listed, fuck!  Have been running this one for a while, can't believe I didn't scan this before using!!  Time for some house cleaning, hopefully no major damage.

Whoever did this needs to have their ass KICKED and HARD!
MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:07:52 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:40:19 PM by MickGhee

Oh shit!

Just checked the original wallet and it has the exact same viruses being listed, fuck!  Have been running this one for a while, can't believe I didn't scan this before using!!  Time for some house cleaning, hopefully no major damage.

original programmer is user Valzador who fucked it up big time and bailed

prolly in the source too
but like I said I have run it on multipile machines hit it with tdsskiller anti rootkits and more and havent found anything

here is the thread for the original programmer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660051.msg8659757#msg8659757
everyone go tell him how you feel about his work

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:16:09 PM

It sounds like there was some knowledge of this problem on your end but nothing was mentioned here?  I can't believe I would be the first to have noticed this, would assume the exchanges would have noticed this at the very least!! 

What are plans to resolve this since it sounds like we just lost our programmer?

Really pissed I am going to lose a couple hours making sure my damn machine is clean!

Is this project still going to move forward and if so can you answer my question about the certs?!
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

Oh shit!

Just checked the original wallet and it has the exact same viruses being listed, fuck!  Have been running this one for a while, can't believe I didn't scan this before using!!  Time for some house cleaning, hopefully no major damage.

prolly in the source too
but like I said I have run it on multipile machines hit it with tdsskiller anti rootkits and more and havent found anything

Yeah, I am not seeing any signs of infection after initial checks of common things this virus does so that is good sign.  Will report after running a mass of scanners on the machine.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:37:40 PM

Oh shit!

prolly in the source too

Yeah, I am not seeing any signs of infection after initial checks of common things this virus does so that is good sign.  Will report after running a mass of scanners on the machine.

So I built the second wallet from source. I've built a fair amount of windows qt's floating around this forum and none have been infected. Built using a clean Virtual Machine who's only task is as a dedicated build enviroment..I suggest looking at the source code.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:43:09 PM

Oh shit!

prolly in the source too

So I built the second wallet from source. I've built a fair amount of windows qt's floating around this forum and none have been infected. Built using a clean Virtual Machine who's only task is as a dedicated build enviroment..I suggest looking at the source code.

Bro, I wouldn't understand anything looking at the source code man!  I can only rely on a good scanner as I am not a programmer and don't understand a lick of code.  I have become accustomed to seeing the bitcoin mining false positives, but this one is of concern to me.  I have NO idea whether harmful or not, so far is looking ok with my checks....but does not change the fact that for me after seeing this, I have to shut down operations on this machine and scan it with several scanners! 

Will lose over a half a day of staking on NUMEROUS wallets and mining on this machine!  That is utterly frustrating, but I take responsibility for it landing on my own machine, I should have scanned it from the start.....don't know why I didn't, must have been in a rush as I always do this.
MickGhee (OP)
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:44:28 PM

It sounds like there was some knowledge of this problem on your end but nothing was mentioned here?  I can't believe I would be the first to have noticed this, would assume the exchanges would have noticed this at the very least!! 

What are plans to resolve this since it sounds like we just lost our programmer?

Really pissed I am going to lose a couple hours making sure my damn machine is clean!

Is this project still going to move forward and if so can you answer my question about the certs?!

yes once the coin is working well and we llc I  will have those certs out right now its kinda pointless
as for the viruses i found out monday but i thought the new code was clean until u said something
here is a link to the original programmers thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660051.msg8659757#msg8659757
I suggest you tell him how you feel as I did
I'm not passing the Buck ITS MY PROJECT AND MY FAULT! But I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK EVEN IF IT SUCKS !
I do

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: