Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 2.0  (Read 4258 times)
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:08:56 AM

the bitcoin genesis, bitcoin protocol and the 5 years of blocks are only at 0.9
will you get it into your head that unless a blockchain contains bitcoins genesis block and 5year block history, then it is simply no version of bitcoin and is purely an altcoin

As someone who has lost considerable amounts from failed or dishonest exchanges and from regulatory seizure of accounts and on centalized crypto equity markets:

The central points of failure in Bitcoin are well known and are very worrying.
De-centralization is of paramount importance.

Bitcoin 2.0 projects are attempting to do away with centralized points of failure by providing decentralized banks and decentralized exchanges and decentralized markets.

Let's hope one or more of them succeeds.

what you are describing is businesses which is a layer/step away from the protocol. and its not that exciting. localbitcoins has been a decentralised exchange for a long time.

all these altcoins are just redesigning the wheel where the function already exists, but the 'spit and pollish' makes their gimmicks sound and look new. i have yet to see anything that is what i would describe as 'special' or unique, worthy of adding to bitcoins protocol

Here's the dev behind one 2.0 project:

"BTSX was designed with the assumption that all crypto would be banned from formal exchanges.   The need for a trust-free proxy to the dollar / gold / silver was required as well as decentralized price discovery.   Localbitcoins is much more viable with BTSX and BitAssets because you don't have to match bid/ask/location... just location." 
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:34:11 AM

will you get it into your head that unless a blockchain contains bitcoins genesis block and 5year block history, then it is simply no version of bitcoin and is purely an altcoin

As someone who has lost considerable amounts from failed or dishonest exchanges and from regulatory seizure of accounts and on centalized crypto equity markets:

Bitcoin 2.0 projects are attempting to do away with centralized points of failure by providing decentralized banks and decentralized exchanges and decentralized markets.

what you are describing is businesses which is a layer/step away from the protocol. and its not that exciting. localbitcoins has been a decentralised exchange for a long time.

all these altcoins are just redesigning the wheel where the function already exists, but the 'spit and pollish' makes their gimmicks sound and look new. i have yet to see anything that is what i would describe as 'special' or unique, worthy of adding to bitcoins protocol

"BTSX was designed with the assumption that all crypto would be banned from formal exchanges.   The need for a trust-free proxy to the dollar / gold / silver was required as well as decentralized price discovery.   Localbitcoins is much more viable with BTSX and BitAssets because you don't have to match bid/ask/location... just location." 

Just wanna point out that the original idea for BTC is peer to peer , not centralized exchange.
Indemnified

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:51:25 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 07:03:46 AM by Indemnified

"BTSX was designed with the assumption that all crypto would be banned from formal exchanges.   The need for a trust-free proxy to the dollar / gold / silver was required as well as decentralized price discovery.   Localbitcoins is much more viable with BTSX and BitAssets because you don't have to match bid/ask/location... just location."  

Just wanna point out that the original idea for BTC is peer to peer , not centralized exchange.

Yeah, but that has been eroding ever since mining by cpu was no longer feasible. The tendency for bitcoin has to become more and more subject to centralizing forces and central points of failure (mining pools, massive mining farms. exchanges) and now the regulators are trying to jump in big time.

Evolve or become irrelevant.
NavalStrike

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:57:32 AM

Bitcoin 2.0 is quite different from 'altcoins'. Shouldn't this forum have a category 'Bitcoin 2.0' for all those projects?  It is VERY hard to find posts related to the Bitcoin 2.0 concept as they forever lost in the trash that is 'Altcoins'.  What gives? 

C'mon Theymos - organize the site in a way which is most useful to the readers.  Maybe the management here has something against Bitcoin 2.0 world?  Weird.
Imo the idea of Bitcoin 2.0 sucs. We didn't even have 1.0 BTC core! What are you want? To jump over the generation of a crypto currency?
Mightycoin

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:38:49 AM

Bitcoin 2.0...haha I am wondering what did the owner think before naming it..

It will crash easily..
Indemnified

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:46:28 AM

It will crash easily..

It's NOT a coin.

It's is a group of competing and cooperating projects: Ethereum, Nxt, Bitshares, and others.

What did the owner think before naming it? What are you talking about?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:55:21 AM

It will crash easily..
It's NOT a coin.
It's is a group of competing and cooperating projects: Ethereum, Nxt, Bitshares, and others.
Cooperating? I don't think so. Competing projects? scams? Yes.
Like it was previously said in the thread, you can't name something Bitcoin 2.0 when in fact it is not Bitcoin.
We are a far far away from reaching v2.0.
It's not hard to find posts related to these projects and there is no need for their own sub-forum/s.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Indemnified

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:07:39 AM

It will crash easily..
It's NOT a coin.
Cooperating? I don't think so. Competing projects? scams? Yes.
Like it was previously said in the thread, you can't name something Bitcoin 2.0 when in fact it is not Bitcoin.
We are a far far away from reaching v2.0.
It's not hard to find posts related to these projects and there is no need for their own sub-forum/s.

OK, I've decided to agree with you  Smiley

Let's not call the innovation happening Bitcoin 2.0, let's call it blockchain 2.0.

Good?  Or you just don't like innovation?
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:10:29 AM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/gavin-andresen-outlines-bitcoin-2-0-without-ethereum/2014/06/09

We dont need ethereum, we should Stop thinking about 2.0 untill 1.0 is out of the door nice and stable and clean we can should start thinking of advancing BITCOIN!!! All that is ethereum is, is someone trying to get rich because they missed out the glory of BTC.

Sidechains, tree chains & Multi-sig contracts  should be able to do the vast majority of what ethereum is and make Bitcoin even greater. But , everyone wants to be rich so they push alt coins and 2.0 pump and dumps with all their might.

Have you seen the ethereum paper? For fuks SAKE its like one big complicated mess!!! Even Gavin says we can do all with bitcoin and with much less work and less complications. People need to think!!
wordman267645

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:30:08 AM

I was never heard about bitcoin 2.0. Is it really exist? or such like altcoin..
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:43:47 AM

Let me know when Bitcoin 3.0 is announced. lol
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:09:39 PM

no.. what he is talking about is something like multigateway which is the first semi-decentralised crypto exchange.. meaning no one single person has control over the currency.. it uses multisig on 3 servers controlled by 3 separate people who, in order to run their businesses need to be trust worthy.. 2 of 3 servers need to agree before a withdrawal of coins happens.. so you only need to trust that 2 of the 3 people will not cooperate in a malicious way.. seeing as these people have a very high vested interest in being trust worthy and have invested allot of money in their businesses it makes it far less likely for them to cooperate to commit a theft... hacking it would be fairly damn hard too seeing as it uses multisig. its the first step toward a fully decentralized exchange so far. and by far one of the most exciting things to come out in a long time.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
LeMiner

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:55:17 PM

no.. what he is talking about is something like multigateway which is the first semi-decentralised crypto exchange.. meaning no one single person has control over the currency.. it uses multisig on 3 servers controlled by 3 separate people who, in order to run their businesses need to be trust worthy.. 2 of 3 servers need to agree before a withdrawal of coins happens.. so you only need to trust that 2 of the 3 people will not cooperate in a malicious way.. seeing as these people have a very high vested interest in being trust worthy and have invested allot of money in their businesses it makes it far less likely for them to cooperate to commit a theft... hacking it would be fairly damn hard too seeing as it uses multisig. its the first step toward a fully decentralized exchange so far. and by far one of the most exciting things to come out in a long time.

Allow me to debunk that.

I kidnap all three of these people (or only 2!), hit them with a 5$ wrench until they push the transactions through that I want.

Incredible you can call only 3 points of trust decentralized. Decentralization needs to have the control in the hands of everyone, not simply 3 people. What will these 3 do with pressure from the government or whatever other criminal?
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:02:31 PM

Allow me to debunk that.

I kidnap all three of these people (or only 2!), hit them with a 5$ wrench until they push the transactions through that I want.

Incredible you can call only 3 points of trust decentralized. Decentralization needs to have the control in the hands of everyone, not simply 3 people. What will these 3 do with pressure from the government or whatever other criminal?

your suggestion of kidnapping is just stupid... :/

i said semi-decentralized.. its not centralised because one single entity does not have full control over the private keys of the coins.. its not decentralized because it is only 3 people. so its somewhere in the middle.

can you name one other solution that is even half as good? forgot to even mention there arent even any fees involved. just transaction fees for withdraw and deposit.

learn how the technology works before bashing it... http://multigateway.org/

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:58:44 PM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/gavin-andresen-outlines-bitcoin-2-0-without-ethereum/2014/06/09

We dont need ethereum, we should Stop thinking about 2.0 untill 1.0 is out of the door nice and stable and clean we can should start thinking of advancing BITCOIN!!! All that is ethereum is, is someone trying to get rich because they missed out the glory of BTC.

Sidechains, tree chains & Multi-sig contracts  should be able to do the vast majority of what ethereum is and make Bitcoin even greater. But , everyone wants to be rich so they push alt coins and 2.0 pump and dumps with all their might.

Have you seen the ethereum paper? For fuks SAKE its like one big complicated mess!!! Even Gavin says we can do all with bitcoin and with much less work and less complications. People need to think!!

THIS
CreamyPie

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:25:48 PM

What does 2.0 offers in additional which 1.0 couldn't?

Edit : Ah, its a new coin from new owner..
Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

what are the significant features of bitcoin 2.0?
Generally the second generation coins go beyond being merely money. Features include voting, asset exchanges, text messaging, digital shops, escrow and other automated transactions. The idea is for these things to be implemented in a distributed, de-centralised, trust-free yet secure way, using block-chain technology.

Calling them "second generation" is, I think, relatively uncontroversial. Calling them "Bitcoin 2.0" is controversial, because they typically don't have much to do with Bitcoin other than using a block-chain as a means of distributed consensus. Many of them also use "Proof of Stake", which is very different to the Proof of Work that Bitcoin is founded upon. However, that doesn't mean they are scams. Most of them are proud of being their own thing, and don't want to appropriate the "Bitcoin" name, although it can be a convenient short-hand when talking to people who have only heard of Bitcoin.

Some say that to warrant the name "Bitcoin 2.0" they must be a fork of the original Bitcoin block-chain (but not necessarily a fork of the source code). I don't care.

The real question here, in my view, is not over what a new sub-forum should be called, but whether it is worth having separate sub-forums to separate the coins with wholly new source, from ones which are essentially based on the Bitcoin source.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:55:42 PM

That is fine with me.  I was only opposed to using "Bitcoin 2.0" to describe any alt that is not Bitcoin.  "Next Generation" is as good a marketing term as any for those coins that believe they are.

I still contend that any "next generation" coin, no mater how cool or how feature rich, that does not include the current Bitcoin user base through Peter's proposal or something similar is destined to failure because it can be duplicated by a coin that does.

Let's take Ethereum as an example.  Assume you have Ethereum which does not include the current Bitcoin users and AEthereum which does and all other features are identical.  As a Bitcoin holder I would be curious to try out AEthereum since I already own them but I have no desire and would have to be sold hard on the idea of even trying Ethereum or even caring enough to find out what it is.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:48:26 PM

Ah finally a nice post. Yes, I definitely agree with you on this one.
These coins that want to be 2.0 are just an attempt to get money because they missed out. Why would you want to make something else, Bitcoin is all we need. I wonder how long it will take us to reach 1.0 though.
Indeed Ethereum is nonsense right now.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:06:46 PM

Bitcoin 2.0

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: