Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAWMiner Hashlet Discussion Thread  (Read 29212 times)
SGOG

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:10:56 AM

I just registered on this site because I was thinking about purchasing a 100 mh hashlet from gawminers. Are they scammers or do they pay out when they are suppose to? I don't feel like wasting time/money/energy on a scam.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:55:14 AM

I just registered on this site because I was thinking about purchasing a 100 mh hashlet from gawminers. Are they scammers or do they pay out when they are suppose to? I don't feel like wasting time/money/energy on a scam.

So far they actually pay out just fine. Also they have been the fastest delivery people of their hardware (prior to hashlets) and currently the most trusted name in scrypt miners. If you want a discount on your purchase check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750909.0

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:16:11 AM

So the only benefit for the Hashlet Prime is the fact you can change pools and they "might" introduce new algorithms?

Did everyone who bought the standard Hashlet get upgraded to a Prime? If so, it really makes me think it's not worth the money. To go from $16 to $40 for no reason..

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:35:19 AM

So the only benefit for the Hashlet Prime is the fact you can change pools and they "might" introduce new algorithms?

Did everyone who bought the standard Hashlet get upgraded to a Prime? If so, it really makes me think it's not worth the money. To go from $16 to $40 for no reason..

Yes everyone who had the standard hashlet before the new ones came along got their hashlets upgraded to Prime.

I do wonder the same although we could all get surprised in the coming days, as there must be a good reason why it is more expensive compared to a zen hashlet.

It makes no sense at the moment, as the zen pool is the most profitable pool anyway, so why would you want to switch it to anything else.

Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:35:12 AM

Yes everyone who had the standard hashlet before the new ones came along got their hashlets upgraded to Prime.

I do wonder the same although we could all get surprised in the coming days, as there must be a good reason why it is more expensive compared to a zen hashlet.

It makes no sense at the moment, as the zen pool is the most profitable pool anyway, so why would you want to switch it to anything else.

Exactly, I want to buy but I feel like I'm being ripped :/

Should I buy a zen, prime or just buy more BTC? I was gonna do it for a bit of a hobby/laugh to be honest as I used to mine but have nothing to "keep and eye on" these days.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:57:05 AM

Are they scammers or do they pay out when they are suppose to?

Those aren't mutually exclusive options.
Madoff paid out when he was supposed to for more than a decade.
Most scams pay out initially, to attract more investors.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:19:31 AM

Should I buy a zen, prime or just buy more BTC? I was gonna do it for a bit of a hobby/laugh to be honest as I used to mine but have nothing to "keep and eye on" these days.

If I where to get some more Hashlets today I would probably go for the ZenHashlet Solo rather than shelling out for a Prime. As you said above, the price diff between the two is too big right now. However that being said, when we get to find out what is planned for the Primes (scrypt-n mining is rumored), perhaps they will be a better alternative later on. But paying 2x for a Prime compared to a Zen Solo is speculating that something better is to come.
flapflap

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:32:31 AM

If I where to get some more Hashlets today I would probably go for the ZenHashlet Solo rather than shelling out for a Prime. As you said above, the price diff between the two is too big right now. However that being said, when we get to find out what is planned for the Primes (scrypt-n mining is rumored), perhaps they will be a better alternative later on. But paying 2x for a Prime compared to a Zen Solo is speculating that something better is to come.

If you want Primes but don't wish to pay full price, try the marketplace section of hashtalk.org There are quite a few for sale, including my own Smiley The going rate seems to about $27 per MH.
upstart7

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:50:36 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 11:35:42 PM by upstart7

Updated:

Just got first payout:

25 Mh x 0.00062926 would be 0.01573; however my payout was .0100 @ 9:16 am EST
Did not see mention of fees.

Not much transparency in how payouts are made. I understand each Mh has a fee of 0.08 for a total of $2 in my case per day. But again I cannot see any detailed break down from the dashboard.

Still waiting for my payout it's been over 24hrs...  From my understanding. Payouts start around 8 EST up to about 12 EST. Will update once I see a payout.

BTW I purchased zen solo; has a payout of about 0.00062926 according to their site. It's the highest for the different hashlets.

lechatnieger

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:35:51 PM

i purchased yesterday a hashlet for 5 megahash, i cannot change mining pool, it says every time "unable to change mining pool at the moment",

where can i see in which
 pool it is mining?

is there a way to see a projection of payout? or the mined so far?

thank's
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:48:02 PM

i purchased yesterday a hashlet for 5 megahash, i cannot change mining pool, it says every time "unable to change mining pool at the moment",

where can i see in which
 pool it is mining?

is there a way to see a projection of payout? or the mined so far?

thank's

what is the color of your hashlet ?

lechatnieger

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:49:37 PM

Multihaslet, maybe brown, i guess!!!!!
Pilotseye

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:54:02 PM

you cannot change the pool of a Hashlet Solo, it sticks with the pool you bought it for, in your case Multipool Wafflepool (is the brown one)
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:13:52 PM

you cannot change the pool of a Hashlet Solo, it sticks with the pool you bought it for, in your case Multipool Wafflepool (is the brown one)

yes...

just the hashlet prime, gray, you can change the pool
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:18:25 PM

Prices went down by a dollar today on all Solo hashlets  but not the Prime Hashlet. That stays at the same price.

frigidformself

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:02:34 PM

What happens if the operator of Wafflepool shuts down the site?  I didn't really understand the price increase just for the ability to switch pools or stay on one pool.

Did GAW make deals with the pool operators?  Like Clevermining and Wafflepool?  It hasn't made sense to mine SCRYPT on Wafflepool in a long time, or am I missing something?

Most people are accepting that they are being pointed at the "Zenpool" and getting payouts; but if they are buying the WaffleHashlet then it's mining on the Wafflepool as SCRYPT?  Which is currently showing 75% profitability vs LTC?

If a pool shuts down what happens to your miner pointed at it?  I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I haven't seen it.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:51:45 PM

What happens if the operator of Wafflepool shuts down the site?  I didn't really understand the price increase just for the ability to switch pools or stay on one pool.

Did GAW make deals with the pool operators?  Like Clevermining and Wafflepool?  It hasn't made sense to mine SCRYPT on Wafflepool in a long time, or am I missing something?

Most people are accepting that they are being pointed at the "Zenpool" and getting payouts; but if they are buying the WaffleHashlet then it's mining on the Wafflepool as SCRYPT?  Which is currently showing 75% profitability vs LTC?

If a pool shuts down what happens to your miner pointed at it?  I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I haven't seen it.

AFAIK all hashlets are mining on the ZENpool, however, if your hashlet is a "Clevermining" hashlet, your payouts are set to match the payouts of Clevermining. So your hashlet is in fact not mining on the Clevermining multipool. As the payouts differ from day to day on all pools, the payouts are set to whatever this level is. Now should a third party pool close, then I assume that GAW will "convert" the hashlet to another 3rd party multihashlet, e.g. make all Clevermining hashlets to Wafflepool hashlets. All they need to do is change the payments for the affected miners to match that of another 3rd party pool.

As the hashlets become more advance perhaps they will be able to be pointed to an arbitrary 3rd party pool, but for now the user gets to choose the pool upon purchase of the selected Solo hashlet.
corsaro
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:42:49 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 07:35:55 PM by corsaro

Solo hashlets are just creating confusion

It was better to offer just "prime hashlet" at a more affordable price.
FloridaBear

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:29:40 PM

Yup, I was confused. No maintenance fee info on main site...really not even a description of what a "Cleverminer" is. Should at least allow upgrades (and downgrades?) due to this.

I will say it again...this is a very strange model.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:35:45 PM

Yup, I was confused. No maintenance fee info on main site...really not even a description of what a "Cleverminer" is. Should at least allow upgrades (and downgrades?) due to this.

I will say it again...this is a very strange model.

Cleverminer hashlets are basically hashlets that will always match the BTC/MH/day that clevermining.com makes. These can be traded later for other miners in a marketplace that they are creating (trading between people).

They introduced solo pool hashlets so that they could create a more affordable hashlet that will have less features than their "gold standard" miner, the hashlet prime which will ALWAYS be upgraded with whatever new improvements they make.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: