Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2024, 12:20:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAWMiner Hashlet Discussion Thread  (Read 29248 times)
RavenXBR

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:48:58 AM

Solo hashlets are just creating confusion

It was better to offer just "prime hashlet" at a more affordable price.

Yup, I was confused. No maintenance fee info on main site...really not even a description of what a "Cleverminer" is. Should at least allow upgrades (and downgrades?) due to this.

I will say it again...this is a very strange model.
Agreed...

I have 250MHs of first batch hashlets and could not see advantages on "solos".
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:45:12 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 06:16:19 AM by corsaro

Solo hashlets are just creating confusion

It was better to offer just "prime hashlet" at a more affordable price.

Yup, I was confused. No maintenance fee info on main site...really not even a description of what a "Cleverminer" is. Should at least allow upgrades (and downgrades?) due to this.

I will say it again...this is a very strange model.
Agreed...

I have 250MHs of first batch hashlets and could not see advantages on "solos".

at this precise moment, just the ZenHashlet is the most convenient... HashletPrime, in my personal opinion, is a waste of money, at least until they will tell us exactly what it is capable of...
cxboyminer (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:13:22 AM

They should also make a description of each hashlet we hover / click on.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:51:23 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 10:32:23 AM by murraypaul

Multihaslet, maybe brown, i guess!!!!!
you cannot change the pool of a Hashlet Solo, it sticks with the pool you bought it for, in your case Multipool Wafflepool (is the brown one)
What happens if the operator of Wafflepool shuts down the site?  I didn't really understand the price increase just for the ability to switch pools or stay on one pool.
Did GAW make deals with the pool operators?  Like Clevermining and Wafflepool?  It hasn't made sense to mine SCRYPT on Wafflepool in a long time, or am I missing something?

Several pool operators have confirmed that they have had no contact with GAW whatsoever, and have not seen any rise in hashrate commensurate with GAW's claimed power.
There is no evidence that the Hashlets exist in any form, or are actually mining on any pool, or any coin.
What you are buying is a contract which will pay you the equivalent rate that you would have earned if you were hashing on Wafflepool, minus maintenance fees. They may or may not actually be mining.
As the expected overall return from that contract is negative, GAW could simply take your initial money, then slowly return it to you, and still make a profit, with no actual mining required.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:50:09 PM

you cannot change the pool of a Hashlet Solo, it sticks with the pool you bought it for, in your case Multipool Wafflepool (is the brown one)
What happens if the operator of Wafflepool shuts down the site?  I didn't really understand the price increase just for the ability to switch pools or stay on one pool.
Did GAW make deals with the pool operators?  Like Clevermining and Wafflepool?  It hasn't made sense to mine SCRYPT on Wafflepool in a long time, or am I missing something?

Several pool operators have confirmed that they have had no contact with GAW whatsoever, and have not seen any rise in hashrate commensurate with GAW's claimed power.
There is no evidence that the Hashlets exist in any form, or are actually mining on any pool, or any coin.
What you are buying is a contract which will pay you the equivalent rate that you would have earned if you were hashing on Wafflepool, minus maintenance fees. They may or may not actually be mining.
As the expected overall return from that contract is negative, GAW could simply take your initial money, then slowly return it to you, and still make a profit, with no actual mining required.
And there's no proof they aren't.
GAW is not taking your money and giving it back. They have invested in 3 data centers, their main office and bought a domain for $1 million. If they wanted to pay you back your own money they'd just sell fake contracts like Lunamine without the need for any facilities.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
FloridaBear

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:39:01 PM

GAW is not taking your money and giving it back. They have invested in 3 data centers, their main office and bought a domain for $1 million. If they wanted to pay you back your own money they'd just sell fake contracts like Lunamine without the need for any facilities.

They also host actual hardware. But hashlets are not actual hardware...they are "digital," whatever that means. I have to agree with murraypaul here...I doubt there is any hardware backing these things, with the possible exception of Zen/Prime (which might have a positive expected return). It's not really a Ponzi, since I think they will be able to pay everyone (e.g. the expected return is negative). We're basically loaning them money with a negative interest rate ;-)
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:57:49 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 02:12:10 PM by murraypaul

They also host actual hardware. But hashlets are not actual hardware...they are "digital," whatever that means. I have to agree with murraypaul here...I doubt there is any hardware backing these things, with the possible exception of Zen/Prime (which might have a positive expected return). It's not really a Ponzi, since I think they will be able to pay everyone (e.g. the expected return is negative). We're basically loaning them money with a negative interest rate ;-)

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that Hashlets do or don't represent actual mining.
I'm just saying there is zero evidence that they do.
They don't even actually claim that they do.
From their terms of service:
You understand that Hashlets are virtual service units related to mining services, but are not mining hardware. Hashlets earnings depend on the pool chosen and Payouts reflect respective Pool Payouts. Selecting a Pool does not imply physically or electronically mining at the selected Pool. Rather, selecting a Pool determines a Payout corresponding to a calculation based on the selected Pool’s payout (based on, for example, real-time Megahash/second/day calculations). A Hashlet is virtual software. You will receive Payouts according to the Pool with with the Hashlet is associated. You expressly understand the the Company’s sole obligation to You is to Provide a Payout based on the Pool you choose. It may take 24-48 hours for your Hashlet to appear on Your Portal. Company reserves the right to refund You, and terminate services, at any time and for any reason. All sales are final.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Morguk

Activity: 595
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:28:33 PM

There's meant to be a massive announcement tonight, maybe the Hashlet Primes are going to get a treat?

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:36:54 PM

We are also awaiting a SHA256 announcement.
Eager to see what this brings us.
Morguk

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:12:48 PM

We are also awaiting a SHA256 announcement.
Eager to see what this brings us.

Yeh me too! Ready to buy some more mining shiz! Been really impressed so far, time will tell though until I hit ROI.

upstart7

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:57:42 PM

Update 2:

Reviewed hashtalk.org, very confusing but was able to find  a link stating payouts were from 8am EST to 12noon EST.

Just got payment for day 2: payout time is 11:22am EST, with empty post to the balance tab. Yesterday after I did not see payments I opened a ticket. I'm wondering if these guys are still working and getting thinks working, and I have to keep emailing them to get daily payments.
Did not get paid on day 2, very worrisome for a new product/service.

Another complaint is lack of timings in their timeline. The balance tab is the only one with date and time stamp, the activity tab is missing time stamp.

Reason I make mention is that I purchased 25 Mh zen hashlets on 9/3, and had them activated around 5am EST. If payout cutoff is 7:59am EST then I should have got paid that same day; I did not.

9/3 5am activated 25 Mh Zen hashlets, no payouts for few hours of work.

9/4 full 24 hours after activation should have had payment of 0.015 instead got 0.0100, without any
Maintenance fees. Payout time was 9:19 EST, I had already created a ticket after I did not see a payout after 8amEST.

9/5 Empty payout at 11:22 EST, about to create a ticket. Don't know why 9/4 was fine and 9/5 would not be. On 9/4 balance was fully update within the hour of payout, today it is not.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:49:02 PM

I just registered on this site because I was thinking about purchasing a 100 mh hashlet from gawminers. Are they scammers or do they pay out when they are suppose to? I don't feel like wasting time/money/energy on a scam.

so far they seem completely legit, though not without hiccups. customer service can be slow, but in general, there's no proof that they are a scam.
they also sell physical miners, which at least tells you they have plenty of miner, unlike other cloud mining companies that have nothing to show
SDRebel

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:50:01 PM

So the only benefit for the Hashlet Prime is the fact you can change pools and they "might" introduce new algorithms?

Did everyone who bought the standard Hashlet get upgraded to a Prime? If so, it really makes me think it's not worth the money. To go from $16 to $40 for no reason..

yup ,at the moment there's no reason, but I think that will slowly change.
For example, they are making an announcement tonite (they usually send emails to all customers by email the next day) at hashtalk.org
SDRebel

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:51:40 PM

Updated:

Just got first payout:

25 Mh x 0.00062926 would be 0.01573; however my payout was .0100 @ 9:16 am EST
Did not see mention of fees.

Not much transparency in how payouts are made. I understand each Mh has a fee of 0.08 for a total of $2 in my case per day. But again I cannot see any detailed break down from the dashboard.

Still waiting for my payout it's been over 24hrs...  From my understanding. Payouts start around 8 EST up to about 12 EST. Will update once I see a payout.

BTW I purchased zen solo; has a payout of about 0.00062926 according to their site. It's the highest for the different hashlets.

since it's your first payout it probably means you didn't have it for 24 hours and thus the reduced payout
SDRebel

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:52:42 PM

What happens if the operator of Wafflepool shuts down the site?  I didn't really understand the price increase just for the ability to switch pools or stay on one pool.

Did GAW make deals with the pool operators?  Like Clevermining and Wafflepool?  It hasn't made sense to mine SCRYPT on Wafflepool in a long time, or am I missing something?

Most people are accepting that they are being pointed at the "Zenpool" and getting payouts; but if they are buying the WaffleHashlet then it's mining on the Wafflepool as SCRYPT?  Which is currently showing 75% profitability vs LTC?

If a pool shuts down what happens to your miner pointed at it?  I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I haven't seen it.
more than likely they will switch you to a similar one
SDRebel

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:54:26 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 08:20:32 PM by SDRebel

they have provided this address as one of them. currently at 62Gh but has hit over 140Gh. not everyone can make up over 100Gh

http://clevermining.com/users/1BT9cPLGRep7nXnvo9JoXn6H7sSd5Em2WE

actually, i just found this thread. it seems someone else mentioned it belonging to sfire and then someone misinterpreted as belonging to zen and then the rumor spread. my apologies
https://hashtalk.org/topic/2516/zenpool-howdeedoodat-some-thoughts/
Morguk

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

New hashlet to be released any minute now! Check out hashtalk or gaw homepage, or link in sig!

myalex

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:43:17 AM

Whats the new HashletGenesis?

Which Pool, and which return/per day when i buy 100GH/S?

Rookie41

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:46:02 AM

The new hashlet is the Hashlet Genesis - SHA256
They start at $9.95 for 10GH bundles, and have a $0.02 maintenance for every 10GH!

More info http://gawminers.com/pages/hashlet-genesis
I bought one.

When you activate it you can select from 1 of the 4 available btc pools:
Code:
Name	                Average Payout
NiceHash SHA256        0.00002780 BTC
BTC Guild        0.00001834 BTC
GHASH.IO        0.00001834 BTC
Multipool.us SHA256 0.00001690 BTC

Hope that answers some of the questions you have prior to buying.

Picture from my ZenPortal showing the Icon and pool for my Haslet Genesis:
https://i.imgur.com/5kNvr5U.jpg
myalex

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:57:18 AM

So let me think:

When i buy 200GH/S it costs me 200Dollar

0.00002780 per Day/GH/S = 0.0133 * 200 = 2,66$/Day

When i buy 9 Hashlets it costs me 200Dollar

0.0006721 per Day/MH/S =  0.0006721 * 9  =  2,7$/Day

So why i should use the GenesisHashlet???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: