Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:44:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Find out if you can get steam games cheaper in different regions  (Read 1723 times)
graingert (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 12:15:59 AM

Link I found:

http://www.steamprices.com/us/topripoffs

People can use this to trade for games using BTC with people who can access the cheaper rates.

*Image Removed*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noone000

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:50:03 PM

Oh wow, that's really cool. Have you tried doing this yourself? Were you able to get any games for cheaper price? If so I might want to try it out myself.

kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:05:29 PM

Link I found:

People can use this to trade for games using BTC with people who can access the cheaper rates.

Ha, I didn't ever know that they are charging us on a region basis. This is a really good find.
I will try some VPNs tonight Cheesy

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:22:48 PM

Humblebundle.com offers different steam games every week at a big discount also.

A good percentage of proceeds go to charity. Check it out, its well worth it.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:03:09 PM

Or you could a VPN and change your location for the steam to whatever place is the cheapest, then pay with Bitcoins, with no need of a middleman
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 10:32:58 PM

You know if you do this they can ban your game ? You not suppose to buy games cross region. They do check and you can lose the game. Also if say you want Diablo 3 you can get it half price at the Russian region. The problem is it's all in Russian and you can't change the language. So there are many limitations.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:16:02 PM

If the game is virtual and doesn't involves any physical trading (taxes), why is the price different for each country?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 12:18:49 AM

If the game is virtual and doesn't involves any physical trading (taxes), why is the price different for each country?

The taxing is different in different regions. Look how cheap Russian games are they like half price.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:50:11 PM

Ya russian games is crazy cheap . I did not know that such a site is out there thanks a lot it will be great help . i play games using vpn anyway  Grin
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:21:09 PM

Problem is that it is hard to change your steam's IP. There are terms and conditions for this and you need to prove to them that you did move countries and not just a temporary visit to it. Unless you want a steam account per country/game then this is viable.
Jacob211

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:50:16 PM

Easily find out some steam game stores with very cheap price by Google. In my country they sell CS:GO only 6.17$
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:54:06 PM

You know if you do this they can ban your game ? You not suppose to buy games cross region. They do check and you can lose the game. Also if say you want Diablo 3 you can get it half price at the Russian region. The problem is it's all in Russian and you can't change the language. So there are many limitations.
I'm thinking the same with you, so anyone have experience with this before? I mean purchase game from other region than you and never get banned, actually i would like to buy GTA V, in my area this game is quite expensive that's why i'm looking for the better price, and Rusia has cheaper than my region but i heard that if you buy it from Russia it will be region block and you can't activate it, the language also is the problem.
dragonusa9

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:14:03 PM

I'm thinking the same with you, so anyone have experience with this before? I mean purchase game from other region than you and never get banned, actually i would like to buy GTA V, in my area this game is quite expensive that's why i'm looking for the better price, and Rusia has cheaper than my region but i heard that if you buy it from Russia it will be region block and you can't activate it, the language also is the problem.
if you buy from rusia, its only applies on rusia. if you still trying to claim it making your game unable to play. if you redeem it by using VPN that make you violate the rule and make restriction on your account. you cant even play, so dont matter on the language. you can find it on the steam support, i recommend you not to bypass the steam system, or you will regret it later. remember, the choice is yours
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:24:02 PM

if you buy from rusia, its only applies on rusia. if you still trying to claim it making your game unable to play. if you redeem it by using VPN that make you violate the rule and make restriction on your account. you cant even play, so dont matter on the language. you can find it on the steam support, i recommend you not to bypass the steam system, or you will regret it later. remember, the choice is yours
I’ve always noticed that in every game I play. I even notice it in ordinary games I download from play store. Some of the countries seems to have a cheaper rate. But, I think we should stop looking at it like partiality or whatever; like this country is getting cheated and this one is not, and whatever you may think. They have a reason for doing it that way.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 723

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:58:29 PM

Easily find out some steam game stores with very cheap price by Google. In my country they sell CS:GO only 6.17$
Wow CS:GO for 6.17 usd? Seriously? That's too cheap ive been searching for this game on discounted price and I cant find one. Here on my country the price is $12 as I see on the past.The price you do say its almost 50% which is really a good deal. For op, have you tried out yet to purchase? I will try to buy using vpn if I do get feedback.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:34:37 PM

Link I found:

There used to be a whole trading scene where people bought from Russia and resold to USA steam users. A year or two ago they started adding region blocks I think to games that were bought outside of your country and were trying to be traded to you. So just note you can't have a friend buy a game and gift it to you from another country, that won't work.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:46:22 PM

Well, there is no way to cheat Gaben. Actually, they had done this for many years before Gaben decided to stop them from abusing this system. Fake IP does not work anymore. If you want to fake IP, you will need to stick to that country forever or at least 1 month. Gaben is not an idiot.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:30:45 PM

I’ve always noticed that in every game I play. I even notice it in ordinary games I download from play store. Some of the countries seems to have a cheaper rate. But, I think we should stop looking at it like partiality or whatever; like this country is getting cheated and this one is not, and whatever you may think. They have a reason for doing it that way.

And can't someone in Russia buy it and send to you as gift?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print