Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would You like a design a new logo competition? There will be a bounty for a professional designed logo and the bounty will relflect this!
yes i think we need a better logo
No i like our logo and want it to stay the same
We should pay a professional to do it from community funds

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MULTIWALLET/Trusted-Cryptos group/Multiple Coin Support/MultiShift/Fiat Trading  (Read 107530 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:09:51 PM

Today dev report: working on the communication protocol.
very nice to see this dedicated team taking control. Looking forward to it guys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lar0che

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:52:58 PM

Yes the Dev team looks solid which is a nice change.   Grin  keep it up!
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:56:38 PM

Today dev report: working on the communication protocol.

Thank you for the update Smiley

-Pickle
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:59:02 PM

slight delay in block explorer. nothing coin related, mostly problems with my ubuntu server that is hosting it, it got all buggy on me today and im not sure what happened. will be up very soon. sorry for the wait fellow MWCoiners
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:09:38 AM

slight delay in block explorer. nothing coin related, mostly problems with my ubuntu server that is hosting it, it got all buggy on me today and im not sure what happened. will be up very soon. sorry for the wait fellow MWCoiners

Take it easy.

Cheesy
radus

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:59:35 AM

Sorry for the slight delay on block explorer and online wallet. The job was originally put in my hands, but I've been busy with personal matters these last couple of days - it's over now though, so I'm back on track and working on it. Expect the online wallet and block explorer to be up and running before the end of the weekend, maybe sooner.

-radus

alexius89

Activity: 709

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:28:40 PM

Dear Community,

The 1st round of Community involved Marketing is over!
Thanks a lot for your participation.

The 20 randomly choosen winners with a pot of 10,000 MWC will be contacted through Twitter.
Each winner wil receive 500 Coins.

The winners need to provide their Multicoin Wallet Adress in order to receive the MWC.
Payouts will proceed as soon as we have the adresses :-)

cheers

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:03:40 PM

Dear Community,

The 1st round of Community involved Marketing is over!
Thanks a lot for your participation.

The 20 randomly choosen winners with a pot of 10,000 MWC will be contacted through Twitter.
Each winner wil receive 500 Coins.

The winners need to provide their Multicoin Wallet Adress in order to receive the MWC.
Payouts will proceed as soon as we have the adresses :-)

cheers

Thanks for the update.

wait for the Anon features of MWC
radus

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:04:52 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 03:32:05 PM by radus

Or take a look at Reddit for an overview.
Also, here is a countdown timer the the NanoWallet Plugin release:

Prototyp

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:27:19 PM

Your team makes very good work. Congratulations.
Pickleninja

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:42:21 PM

As you all can see there is a long way to go. We think that our goal to reach ~$ 1.00 is very realistic and maybe even under estimated. For us to reach this goal WE need to work hard and we need YOUR support....together we can make it.

The thing is, hype only goes so far...

The whales are looking to make a quick score by pumping a coin and then dumping it for bitcoin... which is then dumped for fiat. It's killed off countless good coins in the past, and it'll kill off countless good coins in teh future.

Why do you think the price of bitcoin is currently $500? Because of whales that keep pumping/dumping and killing off alt coins to convert to bitcoin and then to fiat!

So making a good coin isn't good enough!

Many coins have come out that are way better than bitcoin, but they've all gone through a big pump, followed by a big dump. Then a shiney new coin comes along that is even better and the cycle continues.

What gives a coin it's staying power is how much it's being used! Money is a tool. It's a storage of wealth used to buy goods and services. What good is a currency if it sits in your dresser and is never used? Sure it's a storage of value, but if there aren't millions of people holding it and believing it has value, then the value will dissappear.

The biggest thing is that a coin needs to be used. I really can't stress this enough. I look at Librexcoin and it's goes up like 1000% in the past two weeks. Why? Because they're adding a bunch of really cool features to the coin and they're building a really good product. But in the end, I see it becoming like Darkcoin, Namecoin, and all the others. They have a great product, but I don't see people using it. If they get people to actually use the coin, then you'll see my statement retracted.

They (Librexcoin) took a step in the right direction though by making a mobil wallet that stakes. This gets some of the coins off the exchanges (but notice, there's still over 200btc worth of volume a day!). That tells me that people aren't putting their coins on their mobil wallets. Which tells me that people aren't using the product!

And if people aren't using the product as it was designed, then what good is the product?

If the majority of the coins are off the exchanges, then whales don't have the ability to influence the price. Which will cause the value of the coin to rise naturally because people will feel confident that they can accept the coin without losing half it's value the next day.

This is where multiwallet gets this right...

• The block explorer built into the wallet is brilliant. No longer doesn't someone have to search the internet to see if a transaction they made is visible (don't know why other coins don't have this feature)
  • The built in irc is nice, if you have problems with your wallet, or anything else, there should always be people on to ask without leaving the product.
  • The anon function is nice, and some people will feel it's a must but it doesn't excite me like it did when I first heard about a coin trying to implement it (darkcoin)
  • Finally and most importantly, the exchange. This is what's going to give this coin value, and coupled with the built in irc, it basically has it's own troll box.

Bittrex, Mintpal, Cryptsy, Poloniex, Mtgox (pre-implosion) ... all of them were making thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars a day from trading. All from micro fees whenever you hit the buy/sell buttons.

Whales will take notice of this feature.
Average day traders will take notice of this feature.

They'll notice for a couple reasons.

1. Security. These other exchanges can offer up all the bells and whistles they want, but they can't allow a person to hold onto their coins on their own computer and trade for other coins at the same time. And while they may have experts in system security working for them (unless they're Mtgox), they can't mitigate a risk in a way that this coin could.

2. Micro fees. Even if this tool skimmed off the top by grabing .005% on each transaction (which for all we know it might and probably will be much lower), it would still be cheaper than using any current exchange. And frankly it has the possibilities of having ALL exchanges merged into one. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not about to send my bitcoins to Russia if I'm living in the U.S.

This still doesn't solve the problem of whales though. Whales are still going to pump/dump coins. It just solves the problem in regards to this coin. Because if this coin manages to deliver, they'll be pumping/dumping other coins for this one.

Final thoughts....

The time to buy is now... by all means you should buy. You can easily get almost half a million of these coins for under 1btc, and if the devs can deliver this exchange... holy hell, unleash the flood gates because we're going to put cryptsy, bittrex, poloniex, and any other exchange out of business.

-Pickle
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:04:29 PM

Or take a look at Reddit for an overview.
Also, here is a countdown timer the the NanoWallet Plugin release:

That's really great!!!
radus

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:08:42 PM

As you all can see there is a long way to go. We think that our goal to reach ~$ 1.00 is very realistic and maybe even under estimated. For us to reach this goal WE need to work hard and we need YOUR support....together we can make it.

The thing is, hype only goes so far...

The whales are looking to make a quick score by pumping a coin and then dumping it for bitcoin... which is then dumped for fiat. It's killed off countless good coins in the past, and it'll kill off countless good coins in teh future.

Why do you think the price of bitcoin is currently $500? Because of whales that keep pumping/dumping and killing off alt coins to convert to bitcoin and then to fiat!

So making a good coin isn't good enough!

Many coins have come out that are way better than bitcoin, but they've all gone through a big pump, followed by a big dump. Then a shiney new coin comes along that is even better and the cycle continues.

What gives a coin it's staying power is how much it's being used! Money is a tool. It's a storage of wealth used to buy goods and services. What good is a currency if it sits in your dresser and is never used? Sure it's a storage of value, but if there aren't millions of people holding it and believing it has value, then the value will dissappear.

The biggest thing is that a coin needs to be used. I really can't stress this enough. I look at Librexcoin and it's goes up like 1000% in the past two weeks. Why? Because they're adding a bunch of really cool features to the coin and they're building a really good product. But in the end, I see it becoming like Darkcoin, Namecoin, and all the others. They have a great product, but I don't see people using it. If they get people to actually use the coin, then you'll see my statement retracted.

They (Librexcoin) took a step in the right direction though by making a mobil wallet that stakes. This gets some of the coins off the exchanges (but notice, there's still over 200btc worth of volume a day!). That tells me that people aren't putting their coins on their mobil wallets. Which tells me that people aren't using the product!

And if people aren't using the product as it was designed, then what good is the product?

If the majority of the coins are off the exchanges, then whales don't have the ability to influence the price. Which will cause the value of the coin to rise naturally because people will feel confident that they can accept the coin without losing half it's value the next day.

This is where multiwallet gets this right...

• The block explorer built into the wallet is brilliant. No longer doesn't someone have to search the internet to see if a transaction they made is visible (don't know why other coins don't have this feature)
  • The built in irc is nice, if you have problems with your wallet, or anything else, there should always be people on to ask without leaving the product.
  • The anon function is nice, and some people will feel it's a must but it doesn't excite me like it did when I first heard about a coin trying to implement it (darkcoin)
  • Finally and most importantly, the exchange. This is what's going to give this coin value, and coupled with the built in irc, it basically has it's own troll box.

Bittrex, Mintpal, Cryptsy, Poloniex, Mtgox (pre-implosion) ... all of them were making thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars a day from trading. All from micro fees whenever you hit the buy/sell buttons.

Whales will take notice of this feature.
Average day traders will take notice of this feature.

They'll notice for a couple reasons.

1. Security. These other exchanges can offer up all the bells and whistles they want, but they can't allow a person to hold onto their coins on their own computer and trade for other coins at the same time. And while they may have experts in system security working for them (unless they're Mtgox), they can't mitigate a risk in a way that this coin could.

2. Micro fees. Even if this tool skimmed off the top by grabing .005% on each transaction (which for all we know it might and probably will be much lower), it would still be cheaper than using any current exchange. And frankly it has the possibilities of having ALL exchanges merged into one. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not about to send my bitcoins to Russia if I'm living in the U.S.

This still doesn't solve the problem of whales though. Whales are still going to pump/dump coins. It just solves the problem in regards to this coin. Because if this coin manages to deliver, they'll be pumping/dumping other coins for this one.

Final thoughts....

The time to buy is now... by all means you should buy. You can easily get almost half a million of these coins for under 1btc, and if the devs can deliver this exchange... holy hell, unleash the flood gates because we're going to put cryptsy, bittrex, poloniex, and any other exchange out of business.

-Pickle

Pretty much sums it up. We've been talking about adding the possibility of trading coins to fiat through the wallet. How we would go about this is still on the board, but there have been several suggestions and we're definitely looking into it. However, I cannot stress this enough, we won't promise anything we can't deliver - so for now, it's only up discussion, nothing has been carved in stone yet, except for what you see on our roadmap.

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:09:29 PM

waiting for the NanoWallet Plugin release now.
Unpredictable

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:10:28 PM

Is there any way that we could see richlist?
Also, the block explorer doesn't work.
alexius89

Activity: 709

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 04:21:42 PM

Is there any way that we could see richlist?
Also, the blockchain doesn't work.

Sorry for the slight delay on block explorer and online wallet. The job was originally put in my hands, but I've been busy with personal matters these last couple of days - it's over now though, so I'm back on track and working on it. Expect the online wallet and block explorer to be up and running before the end of the weekend, maybe sooner.

-radus

richlist does not exist yet but its on the ToDo list :-)

cheers

Unpredictable

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:20:11 PM

Thanks for reply. I read the old one and this topic - if everything goes right it might be a huge success.
Also the coin did not have any pump whatsoever so I'm slowly increasing my stash. Would be cool to see 2k satoshi per mwc someday.
lager

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/brajon/lists/crypto-list

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:39:20 PM

Thanks for reply. I read the old one and this topic - if everything goes right it might be a huge success.
Also the coin did not have any pump whatsoever so I'm slowly increasing my stash. Would be cool to see 2k satoshi per mwc someday.

Just hold your coins Wink

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:27:17 AM

that's will happen if this coin is a Anonymous coin with unique Anon NanoWallet.
Reishicoin

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:46:14 AM

Hey guys just discovered this coin. threw in little over 500 USD  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: