Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun facts  (Read 36976 times)
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:57:09 PM

How many dwarf planets are there in our solar system?
The first five recognized dwarf planets are Ceres, Pluto, Eris, Makemake and Haumea. Scientists believe there may be dozens or even more than 100 dwarf planets awaiting discovery. The IAU recognized Pluto's special place in our solar system by designating dwarf planets that orbit the sun beyond Neptune as plutoids.

Which spider has the most potent venom?

Pholcids, or daddy long-legs spiders, are venomous predators, and although they never naturally bite people, their fangs are similar in structure to those of brown recluse spiders, and therefore can theoretically penetrate skin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dragansk1

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:24:21 PM

Which continent has never hosted the Olympic games?
No country in the Southern Hemisphere has ever hosted a Winter Games. Three continents – Africa, South America, and Antarctica – have never hosted an Olympics. A record 202 countries participated in the 2004 Olympic Summer Games in Athens.

What does permanent press mean on a washing machine?
The Permanent Press Cycle uses the normal speed spin and has 45 seconds of cool water sprayed on clothes at the end of the cycle. This lower agitation speed and cool water is supposed to prevent wrinkles in clothing like cotton fabric that is prone to wrinkling
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:58:37 PM

Saliva is basically filtered blood.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 12:14:17 AM

Has watermelon been already mentioned being a berry?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:17:58 AM

And banana!

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:23:43 AM

And banana!

And grapes, tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggplants.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:25:54 AM

And banana!

And grapes, tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggplants.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:34:02 AM

Did you know that olives are a fruit enjoyed in Martinis? I bet you didn't know that.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:41:53 AM

^I see what you did there. Smiley

bojan92

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:39:37 AM

How long is the chunnel under water?
The length of the tunnel is 31 miles long, but only 23 miles are underwater. The average depth is 150 feet under the seabed. The Eurostar only spends 20 minutes of its journey in the tunnel.

What was the first country to give women the right to vote?
Timeline of Women's Suffrage Granted, by Country. Learn the year in which women's suffrage was granted, organized by year. New Zealand was the first country to allow women to vote (in 1893), while the King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia granted women the right to vote in 2011.

When did the first restaurant open in the world?

The very first restaurant in the world was opened in Paris in 1765. A tavern keeper, Monsieur Boulanger, served a single dish -- sheep's feet simmered in a white sauce.

What kind of wine goes with spaghetti?
Cabernets are hearty and rich and thus go best with tomato-based red sauces. Chianti is a strong, bold red wine that is perfectly suited for flavorful, well-seasoned sauces. It pairs best with tomato-based red sauces, but will also work with cream- or oil-based sauces.
dragansk1

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:23:34 PM

Why do things look darker when they are wet?
When light strikes an object, some of it penetrates the object, and some of it is reflected and reaches your eye. When an object is wet, more light penetrates the object, so less light is reflected. As a result less light reaches your eye and so the wet object looks darker. Read on for a more detailed explanation.

What animal's name means river horse?
Word History The ancient Greeks gave the name hippopotamos to a big, barrel-shaped animal they saw in Africa. English, using the Latin spelling hippopotamus, has kept this name. It is a combination of the Greek words hippos meaning "horse" and potamo, meaning "river."
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:01:14 PM

How long is the chunnel under water?
The length of the tunnel is 31 miles long, but only 23 miles are underwater. The average depth is 150 feet under the seabed. The Eurostar only spends 20 minutes of its journey in the tunnel.

What was the first country to give women the right to vote?
Timeline of Women's Suffrage Granted, by Country. Learn the year in which women's suffrage was granted, organized by year. New Zealand was the first country to allow women to vote (in 1893), while the King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia granted women the right to vote in 2011.

When did the first restaurant open in the world?

The very first restaurant in the world was opened in Paris in 1765. A tavern keeper, Monsieur Boulanger, served a single dish -- sheep's feet simmered in a white sauce.

What kind of wine goes with spaghetti?
Cabernets are hearty and rich and thus go best with tomato-based red sauces. Chianti is a strong, bold red wine that is perfectly suited for flavorful, well-seasoned sauces. It pairs best with tomato-based red sauces, but will also work with cream- or oil-based sauces.

I'm curious in knowing the best wine to serve with sheep's feet simmered in a white sauce, and if any restaurants still serve said dish. Chef Ramsey in 5..... 4.... 3...
bojan92

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:22:18 PM

What nationality is Mark Wahlberg?
His father was of half Swedish and half Irish ancestry, and his mother is of Irish, English, and French Canadian descent. Maternally, Wahlberg is distantly related to author Nathaniel Hawthorne.

When did the first microwaves come out?
Raytheon later licensed its patents for a home-use microwave oven that was first introduced by Tappan in 1955, but these units were still too large and expensive for general home use. The countertop microwave oven was first introduced in 1967 by the Amana Corporation, which was acquired in 1965 by Raytheon.

How many miles do you have on Empty?
Some popular car models can make it between 30 and 50 miles after the fuel light goes on, according to a study by Pick Analysis. The average Chevrolet Silverado will continue for about 33 miles beyond empty. Smaller cars like the Volkswagen Jetta average about 43 miles and the Toyota Corolla tops the list at 47 miles.
dragansk1

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:45:19 AM

This is interesting fun fact.
Can chickens have twins in one egg?

When two chicks hatch from the same egg the egg usually has two yolks. Usually one embryo out competes the other and only one chick survives to hatch. Many time both embryos die before hatch. We have no knowledge of Siamese twin chicks ever being hatched. Smiley
PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:12:25 PM

Most household dust is made of dead skin cells.

One in eight million people has progeria, a disease that causes people to grow faster than they age.

The male seahorse carries the eggs until they hatch instead of the female.

Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system.

Stephen Hawking was born exactly 300 years after Galileo died.

Mercury is the only planet whose orbit is coplanar with its equator.

The Morgan's Sphinx Moth from Madagascar has a proboscis (tube mouth) that is 12 to 14 inches long to get the nectar from the bottom of a 12 inch deep orchid discovered by Charles Darwin.

Some moths never eat anything as adults because they don't have mouths. They must live on the energy they stored as caterpillars.

In 1958 Entomologist W.G. Bruce published a list of Arthropod references in the Bible. The most frequently named bugs from the Bible are: Locust: 24, Moth: 11, Grasshopper: 10, Scorpion: 10, Caterpillar: 9, and Bee: 4.

People eat insects – called "Entomophagy"(people eating bugs) – it has been practiced for centuries throughout Africa, Australia, Asia, the Middle East, and North, Central and South America. Why? Because many bugs are both protein-rich and good sources of vitamins, minerals and fats.
bojan92

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:17:09 AM

How many languages are there in the world?
There are approximately 6,900 distinct languages in existence today, though there may be languages spoken in remote areas that we have yet to discover. No matter how many new languages we find, though, this number will be much lower in 100 years.

How many gallons of water does an average household use per day?
If your family's water usage is more than that amount, you need to look at your water-use habits. An average usage is 50 gallons/day/person. An average usage for a family of four for a 30-day billing period would be 6,000 gallons or 8 ccf. Teens tend to stay in the shower longer.

Who invented the kazoo?

It was on such an instrument that the kazoo, invented in the 19th century by an African American named Alabama Vest in Macon, Georgia, United States, is based. The first kazoo was manufactured to Vest's specifications by Thaddeus Von Clegg, a German clockmaker in Macon.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:06:14 AM

Every time a bell rings...

Someone in the vicinity may be able to hear it!

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:36:15 AM

How many religions are there in the world?

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.,  Every one of them is the correct one, according to their followers.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:38:24 AM

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.,  Every one of them is the correct one, according to their followers.  Smiley

Let's start a religion borrowing from all other religions and proclaiming that ALL religions are legit.

And, our God will be named DOV.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:42:27 AM

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.,  Every one of them is the correct one, according to their followers.  Smiley

Let's start a religion borrowing from all other religions and proclaiming that ALL religions are legit.

And, our God will be named DOV.

Try it, and I will strike you down, you gorn scum.   Angry

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: