Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:49:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CACR] California Coin Reloaded - FRESH CAC | PoW | Forked the DEV |  (Read 15034 times)
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:40:22 PM

Some or most of the premine are still in the original wallets. One can easily exclude those addresses and if they got move we can follow the block chain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sa_ddam213

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

Fuck I hate this site

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 09:21:50 PM

Hello all old CAC owners.

Just as a heads up - how would you feel that to properly convert your old CAC to new Fresh CAC that you have to submit your photo ID during the proccess ?  (I know sounds weird) but really it is the only TRUE way we can be 100% certain that the asshole scammer dev who is reading this, who fucked us all, would not be allowed to touch our new fresh CACs.

Please comment.  I will be reading, and listening.

thank you

No, never, stupid idea

What's stopping the dev using another persons ID, nothing.

I don't know you, you could also be a scammer, you could be the original dev for all we know, that's how fucked up this whole industry is.

If you do go down the ID route I will not be using my ID , ill use a fake one or someone else, I'm not dumb enough to sent my info to some random person.

Maybe I should just give up on my 200million CAC. sigh

Fuck I hate this site
sandpaper

Activity: 373

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:56:27 PM

Would not do the picture ID.
c_e_d

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:35:55 AM

If the old 'dev' has mined some coins after the official launch date, so be it. Let us consider those legit and be done with it. Don't waste a lot of time to find every single address key he might have. As much as I too would like to close him out entirely, I don't see a chance to make sure it is 100%. My main worry is the massive premine (minus legit bounties given out). We need to document where it is and make sure it will not get exchanged to the new coin.

To add to the idea of the transaction log ..

Transactions are public on the blockchain anyway, so there is no additional private info to worry about.
The only link will be the email address (or forum PM) you use to send the log in.

Export transaction log as cvs, the only export format the wallet has.
Excel text import (comma separated, you can change number separators too), make sum of column 'amount' ... all is there in thousands of lines. Sort by addresses or amount and if something looks suspicious, look it up on the blockchain and/or ask the wallet owner for more information until you are satisfied.
Maybe even do check some entries that look ok, only to make sure.
Or you can to a cross check of the addresses with other logs.

I did it with my wallet last night and I see nothing I am worried about to share with bitcad4u.
Entries are
- some early Faucet entries (easy to check)
- mining with different pools (easy to check)
- mining on my own (there we have a lot of different addresses but the time diff should give a hint too about legit or not)
- 2 exchanges (easy to check)
- payments to myself to reorganize everything on 1 address (shows a 0 coins or small fees).

There was a little diff of 7 in the last decimal of the amount Excel counted, but I can live with that micro micro diff.

Do we still have a running public block explorer?

Before you trash them you can send them to me ... would multiply my amount Smiley LOL
sa_ddam213

Activity: 251

Fuck I hate this site

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:22:32 AM

If the old 'dev' has mined some coins after the official launch date, so be it. Let us consider those legit and be done with it. Don't waste a lot of time to find every single address key he might have. As much as I too would like to close him out entirely, I don't see a chance to make sure it is 100%. My main worry is the massive premine (minus legit bounties given out). We need to document where it is and make sure it will not get exchanged to the new coin.

To add to the idea of the transaction log ..

Transactions are public on the blockchain anyway, so there is no additional private info to worry about.
The only link will be the email address (or forum PM) you use to send the log in.

Export transaction log as cvs, the only export format the wallet has.
Excel text import (comma separated, you can change number separators too), make sum of column 'amount' ... all is there in thousands of lines. Sort by addresses or amount and if something looks suspicious, look it up on the blockchain and/or ask the wallet owner for more information until you are satisfied.
Maybe even do check some entries that look ok, only to make sure.
Or you can to a cross check of the addresses with other logs.

I did it with my wallet last night and I see nothing I am worried about to share with bitcad4u.
Entries are
- some early Faucet entries (easy to check)
- mining with different pools (easy to check)
- mining on my own (there we have a lot of different addresses but the time diff should give a hint too about legit or not)
- 2 exchanges (easy to check)
- payments to myself to reorganize everything on 1 address (shows a 0 coins or small fees).

There was a little diff of 7 in the last decimal of the amount Excel counted, but I can live with that micro micro diff.

Do we still have a running public block explorer?

Before you trash them you can send them to me ... would multiply my amount Smiley LOL

We are going to be using the CAC coins for our exchange testing, and the Testers can just keep them at the end, we wont be adding CAC to the exchange anymore, but Ill let you guys know when the next round of testing begins so you can sign up and get a bunch of free shitcoins Smiley.

Fuck I hate this site
pbminer

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:29:21 AM

Hello all old CAC owners.

Just as a heads up - how would you feel that to properly convert your old CAC to new Fresh CAC that you have to submit your photo ID during the proccess ?  (I know sounds weird) but really it is the only TRUE way we can be 100% certain that the asshole scammer dev who is reading this, who fucked us all, would not be allowed to touch our new fresh CACs.

Please comment.  I will be reading, and listening.

thank you

No, never, stupid idea

What's stopping the dev using another persons ID, nothing.

I don't know you, you could also be a scammer, you could be the original dev for all we know, that's how fucked up this whole industry is.

If you do go down the ID route I will not be using my ID , ill use a fake one or someone else, I'm not dumb enough to sent my info to some random person.

so what would you all suggest so we dont have the old dev get a dime? this is important as otherwise i do not see a point to invest more money to bring this coin back.

thanks
c_e_d

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:50:43 PM

First of all:
English is not my native language (think I said it before), so don't get upset if something isn't set in the most polite way.
I am not trying to upset you here.

We are in crypto land where anon is a big deal.
At the same time we want a single person not being able to change his pile of premine into the new coin.

Not an easy task.
Can we make it and be sure this person will not be able to change a single coin?
Sadly I don't think so.

Several people don't feel comfortable about sending in copies of their id card and gave examples of why this also would not make sure he is exclude.

I came up with the idea of the transaction log and tried to explain why I think it would be a good solution, even that it is not 100% sure either.
Whatever he has mined himself will be hard to track down to him I fear. Here he looks like every other miner, you and me included.
The premine is a different situation I think; there we should be able to find the traces of those coins (provided we have a working block explorer, even a local one will work).

Can we discuss this? Maybe others have more ideas they can present and discuss?

I really would like to make progress here.

On a side note:
How is the programming of the new algo going? Or did it stop until changing old to new coins is decided? I think this is sort of independent from each other.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:19:55 PM

is there a working windows wallet available somewhere? the link/webpage from the old thread doesn't seem to work?

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
CryptoBull

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:33:58 AM

Maybe someday we will have this coin up and running wothout the old dev ....
So many btc invested gone to waste ....

Captain Positive Cool
cryptochris

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:23:34 AM

yeah, i know crypto is supposed to be anonymous, yada yada yada. but seriously, can't we figure this out with those ACTIVE folks, who we've seen mining, posting, being part of the community?? we see the same user names show up in posts, i see the same user names show up in the only pool still online. its rudimentary, considering the technology we have, but shit guys, we're a small community, don't we now each others SN's? i haven't seen the original dev posting, and i haven't seen any new names that i don't recognize (meaning that it could possibly be him, incognito,  Shocked) between us, we should be able to weed out the 'wolf among the weeds', right? yes i know, he could have his friend, 2nd cousin, aunt of a sister-in-law, cash these info for him, but wouldn't we recognize a name we haven't seen before, with a shit ton of coins, trying to cash in? just a thought.....(fueled by a couple beers, not gonna lie)

been mining since early on, not quite 'day-one' but close enough. Mined on Triple-Hexxx, the official pool, and now Pools of Honor, user CDaugherty82, not gonna hide it. I'm also, not the old dev, just a regular dude from Huntington Beach, CA, who loves Crypto and jumped at the opportunity to mine a coin that supported my home state.

hope we can make this happen guys.
c_e_d

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

@ bitcad4u

Is the development of the new coin on hold until the conversion old -> new is agreed on?
Are there other problems?
Only asking because the original plan was to start the new coin mid of last week.

A little status where we are beside discussing this conversion issue would be nice.
MikeGAZ83

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:25:21 PM

No wallet download link?

No new dev?

How do we truly know this "OP" isn't the old dev?

The ID thing will never happen. This is crypto and it's famous for being anon.

Nice try but CAC is dead.

Move on.
cryptochris

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:00:10 AM

I bought some CAC at c-cex exchange but I opened my wallet and its not syncing very fast and now I see the new wallet download link doesn't work. anyone know what would be the correct wallet and what is the node list at this point? thanks

i've got the original one, it syncs quick. I don't have the original zip file, but not sure if i zip what I have, would work for you and a new installation. i'll test it out, see if i can setup a wallet on a different PC based on what I have. If it works, I'd be happy to send it to you.
c_e_d

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:56:31 AM

I bought some CAC at c-cex exchange but I opened my wallet and its not syncing very fast and now I see the new wallet download link doesn't work. anyone know what would be the correct wallet and what is the node list at this point? thanks

There was no buy on c-cex since 2014-08-23 16:53:11 and that last one was from me
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:08:29 AM

There was no buy on c-cex since 2014-08-23 16:53:11 and that last one was from me

so this looks as the traders are not interested in this coin anymore.
c_e_d

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:27:12 AM

Traders are checking atleast the sell orders, order history and ANN thread.
Why would they buy if the old coin is dead (dev gone), the new one isn't out yet (is it still coming?) and conversion conditions are unclear.
Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:16:32 PM

First of all:
English is not my native language (think I said it before), so don't get upset if something isn't set in the most polite way.
I am not trying to upset you here.

At the same time we want a single person not being able to change his pile of premine into the new coin.

Not an easy task.
Can we make it and be sure this person will not be able to change a single coin?
Sadly I don't think so.

Several people don't feel comfortable about sending in copies of their id card and gave examples of why this also would not make sure he is exclude.

I came up with the idea of the transaction log and tried to explain why I think it would be a good solution, even that it is not 100% sure either.
Whatever he has mined himself will be hard to track down to him I fear. Here he looks like every other miner, you and me included.
The premine is a different situation I think; there we should be able to find the traces of those coins (provided we have a working block explorer, even a local one will work).

Can we discuss this? Maybe others have more ideas they can present and discuss?

I really would like to make progress here.

On a side note:
How is the programming of the new algo going? Or did it stop until changing old to new coins is decided? I think this is sort of independent from each other.

I am with you on this.
Let the old dev get his mined coin, he got them fair and square. Just trace the premine so he doesn't change those.

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
okbitcoin

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:16:57 AM

maltrox

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:42:38 PM

I'm interested in the change, but the previous wallet is not online anymore. Undecided

Somebody has a good link to download it?
cryptochris

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:41:45 PM

I'm interested in the change, but the previous wallet is not online anymore. Undecided

Somebody has a good link to download it?

Try this yet?

https://github.com/CaliforniaCoin/downloads

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: