Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any "communist" pools?  (Read 8093 times)
lutherblissett

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:06:50 PM

no . . because capitalists will exploit it always and forever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MacFall

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Agorist

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 05:40:33 PM

It's not properly exploitation if the rules say you can take without contributing.

No king but Christ; no law but Liberty!

Fledge Press: Pro-Liberty Fiction and Art
1JBmYmG2U5ETj8BXZUBCXDKWCQcFoERBNP
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 06:18:18 PM

It's not properly exploitation if the rules say you can take without contributing.
But generally the rules also say that you must contribute your best effort. If you only put a P3 into the pool and keep all your GPUs for other pools, then you aren't contributing what you can, and hence exploitiong the system.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 06:22:04 PM

But generally the rules also say that you must contribute your best effort. If you only put a P3 into the pool and keep all your GPUs for other pools, then you aren't contributing what you can, and hence exploitiong the system.
Then you run in to another problem...

If I was to contribute everything I had, then what incentive would I have to make myself more capable of contributing?  In other words, why would I buy a bunch of GPU's to mine with if it wouldn't make any difference in the end result?

The whole pool would suffer from this sort of thinking, as no one would want to bother to buy new cards to contribute more to the pool.  It would effectively stagnate the whole thing to P3 levels.
MacFall

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Agorist

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 06:28:10 PM

But who's to say what one's ability is? Why not devote ALL your processing power to mining? Why not spend ALL of your money (except for what you require for the barest of necessities) to build more mining rigs? In other words, contribution never comes by one's "ability". People contribute what they are willing to contribute, every time. Not just in mining pools, but in all things.

It makes more sense, then, that the rules be "contribute what you are willing to contribute, and be compensated according to what others are willing to pay". Which is market exchange.

No king but Christ; no law but Liberty!

Fledge Press: Pro-Liberty Fiction and Art
1JBmYmG2U5ETj8BXZUBCXDKWCQcFoERBNP
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 07:37:35 PM

Seeing the amount of cycles spend on distributed computing (foldingathome and alike) I think people would mine without payout if the bitcoins were used in a trusted way that would strengthen the community.

Lets say that the bitcoins were kept in one spot and the contributors of the pool were allowed to submit ideas and vote for the ideas.
Ideas would of course be how the bitcoins would be spend (with some minor restrictions). >50% (or even >66%) of the votes would execute the idea. Less would invalidate the idea.

If you would accept only one idea per contributor per year, they most likely won't send a bogus idea, but only something that has been well thought of.

I would join such pool.
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

But who's to say what one's ability is? Why not devote ALL your processing power to mining? Why not spend ALL of your money (except for what you require for the barest of necessities) to build more mining rigs? In other words, contribution never comes by one's "ability". People contribute what they are willing to contribute, every time. Not just in mining pools, but in all things.

It makes more sense, then, that the rules be "contribute what you are willing to contribute, and be compensated according to what others are willing to pay". Which is market exchange.

I was just commenting on the "it's not really exploitation". It probably is if you don't contribute what you can. I don't adress any of the other issues with this sort of pool.
But if you have 3 GPU and 1 P3 (all idle), and you contribute the P3, you're not contributing what you can. If the GPUs are used for folding@home, then you only have the P3 to contribute, and hence not exploiting.
IMHO.

I'm a market liberal kind of guy myself, so I don't think this kind of pool would work either unless it's a very tight group doing it. Like a family or similar.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: