Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:47:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public interest will not drive the next rally  (Read 1791 times)
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:41:42 PM

Read my lips:

No.
New.
Rallies.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:12:45 PM

What? Can't you see the massive contradiction here? First, you're claiming that smart money will fuel the next bubble. Then you go on to claim that smart money are accumulating coins without raising the price?   Roll Eyes
Bubbles are fueled by dumb money.

As for public interest, here's the current report from Google Trends.

Bitcoin interest peaked with the China bubble.

Bitcoin price tracks Google Trends for the term "bitcoin" moderately closely.
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:11:39 AM

All the charts seems to predict a great future for bitcoins but I'm not so sure about it, the downswing seems unstoppable Sad

Where do you get the downswing from? Every day new companies rise up and the adoption goes on. Even if the absolute exchange rate would go down the adoption goes on. No need to repeat all that news about Afrika, remittance market, Overstock, Expedia, Bloomberg, Winklevoss ETF and so on ... at some point simply the market demand will be there. Currently China seems to be a driving factor. But that will swap and real mass adoptions starts.

What a nice world where nobody can take the money of somebody else just by force. Where you can buy worldwide with one currency within seconds. Where you do not need a purse to carry a collection of exchange coins around. ....
I think he is referring to the price, rather then the overall adoption of bitcoin. I agree that the price has dropped a lot recently, however adoption by the public will likely crease additional buying pressure as people will want to purchase bitcoin to spend at various merchants and will likely end up buying more then they actually spend.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: