Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex always adding the wrong coins, but why?  (Read 2617 times)
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:51:42 PM

You guys are all acting like buyers have no choice but to buy. What... is it some voodoo spell that when a coin comes to the exchange, one has to buy? If a crappy movie comes to the theatre and you did not enjoy it, do you think the theatre owner should not have screened the movie? What's with this insistence on a scapegoat for someone's poor judgement?

Regulation subsidises ignorance. What you subsidise, you will get more of that. You cannot enjoy the benefits of a free market without grinding your way through your own accountability. I simply dont understand the idea behind coming into crypto and calling for regulations! You already have that... its called the stock market.

How are the exchanges magically exempt from this accountability you mention?

Where are the consequences for their poor judgment?

Or should they not face any, coz "free market"?
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:54:41 PM

what people dont get is that all of this bullshit is making it so not even good coins have value because the btc is spread accrossed all these shitcoins. a big part of this is on us. dont mine it dont trade it it goes away. but the exchanges should really do their part as well.
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:56:20 PM

You guys are all acting like buyers have no choice but to buy. What... is it some voodoo spell that when a coin comes to the exchange, one has to buy? If a crappy movie comes to the theatre and you did not enjoy it, do you think the theatre owner should not have screened the movie? What's with this insistence on a scapegoat for someone's poor judgement?

Regulation subsidises ignorance. What you subsidise, you will get more of that. You cannot enjoy the benefits of a free market without grinding your way through your own accountability. I simply dont understand the idea behind coming into crypto and calling for regulations! You already have that... its called the stock market.
So your saying that in the case of usecoin that people who have buy orders getting filled by coins that were suppose to be destroyed and not dumped on traders its their fault cause exchange allowed this to happen.i understand what your saying and people will lose money and have no one to blame but themselves but somethings traders have no control over.sure the amount of scam that have happened on bittrex as of late must even have you asking questions.the more this happens the closer its getting to regulations are going to set in place buy officials which will take away what crypto is all about.it wont be long before some fines a lawyer brave enough to bring one of these scams or exchanges involved to a court of law and we will see the flood gates open.will not be a good day for crypto.in the end everyone will lose out because they failed to act on it now.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:00:55 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 04:48:00 AM by tylerderden

So your saying that in the case of usecoin that people who have buy orders getting filled by coins that were suppose to be destroyed and not dumped on traders its their fault cause exchange allowed this to happen.i understand what your saying and people will lose money and have no one to blam but themselves but somethings trade have no control over.sure the amount of scam that have happened on bittrex as of late must even have you asking questions.the more this happens the closer its getting to regulations are going to set in place buy officials which will take away what crypto is all about.it wont be long before some fines a lawyer brave enough to bring one of these scams or exchanges involved to a court of law and we will see the flood gates open.will not be a good day for crypto.in the end everyone will lose out because they failed to act on it now.

how hard would it be for them to have someone on staff to take 20 minutes and look at the code?
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:02:37 PM

When you think about it though Bittrex doesn't owe you or me a god damn thing, really. They're free to operate their website however they want. You're free to choose a different exchange if you don't like it.
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:06:44 PM

When you think about it though Bittrex doesn't owe you or me a god damn thing, really. They're free to operate their website however they want. You're free to choose a different exchange if you don't like it.
Its this sort of attitude thats kill  crypto.i cant believe u think they have no responsibilty to their customers.the very people that make them money.i hope all their customers use another exchange than we will see if they do something.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:16:09 PM

Mintpal was good in the sense it pretty much only added 1-2 a week.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:19:58 PM

OK.  Done.  Bye Bittrex.
hrt

Activity: 288

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:20:52 PM

I bet this topic got spawned by one of the participants of the latest USE pumps. Everyone who bought deserve a tasty spittle in the face, that's it and its my opinion. What i am seeing the highlight of this fucking drama is that every greedy idiot, every ostentatious ass always against ICO, and a hundreds of them no matter age are fucking avid antagonists and bashing everything that is relative to ICO, but always running their asses off to get in cheap market, each time in new ICO. No matter, what are u buying, right? social paradox fucking proved herd type of behavior - call that whatever u want ALWAYS mentally deficient ones return to when they started to move, everyone who once bought on ICO thinking he was faster and smarter than majority but got burned would be carry on again again and fucking again repeat and circle buy on ICO than complain, buy the fuck again and complain, create the topic like: "why does bittrex add unsuccessful coins and allow ico fuck?", and discuss there with the other goofs how hard life is.
"We lost money again, we getting sick of paranoia during the erection on cheap shits what should we do a-a-a-a"
That's it. Since the topic more LOL'd than reasonable losers have never had a motivation.

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
battsali

Activity: 386

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:23:41 PM

OK.  Done.  Bye Bittrex.

+1  Cheesy
hrt

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:31:09 PM

Mintpal was good in the sense it pretty much only added 1-2 a week.

What are you dumb, saying... lol they don't even warn of suspended markets. Three weeks ago MYC got pumped with 100btc. It was frozen from tradings, mintpal staff didn't even check the announcement

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:34:16 PM

and what about stellar ... stellar was first listed on justcoin and the thai exchange ....  and i'm pretty fucking sure no one asked for stellar to be listed ... those 2 exchanges saw an opportunity and took advantage of it ... and the thai exchange did a pretty good job with support also ... they were responding faster than justcoin

anyway what I want to say is that exchanges will list coins that they believe will make a lot of volume because this is how they live ... from fees .... now the only problem is what will be the next coin who will make a lot of volume?  

for example
on poloniex monero has 112  BTC volume and on bittrex only 6 BTC
on poloniex bitcoindark has 9BTC volume and on bittrex 111 BTC

this means people still decide where they want to exchange their coins Smiley

maybe a good ideea is to sign up for more exchange sites like poloniex.com, mintpal.com, justcoin.com, bx.in.th, counterwallet.co, melotic.com etc so this way you can trade your coins where you want Smiley

Space for rent if its still trending
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:44:28 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 04:47:09 AM by tylerderden

I bet this topic got spawned by one of the participants of the latest USE pumps. Everyone who bought deserve a tasty spittle in the face, that's it and its my opinion. What i am seeing the highlight of this fucking drama is that every greedy idiot, every ostentatious ass always against ICO, and a hundreds of them no matter age are fucking avid antagonists and bashing everything that is relative to ICO, but always running their asses off to get in cheap market, each time in new ICO. No matter, what are u buying, right? social paradox fucking proved herd type of behavior - call that whatever u want ALWAYS mentally deficient ones return to when they started to move, everyone who once bought on ICO thinking he was faster and smarter than majority but got burned would be carry on again again and fucking again repeat and circle buy on ICO than complain, buy the fuck again and complain, create the topic like: "why does bittrex add unsuccessful coins and allow ico fuck?", and discuss there with the other goofs how hard life is.
"We lost money again, we getting sick of paranoia during the erection on cheap shits what should we do a-a-a-a"
That's it. Since the topic more LOL'd than reasonable losers have never had a motivation.

English motherfucker do you speak it? your view of all this is laughable.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:44:46 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 01:05:41 AM by sonysasankan

An exchange in crypto merely acts as a mediatory between two parties willing to trade voluntarily. The most important factor here is the voluntary bit. Someone has 1000 shitcoins for sale for .1BTC, someone has .1 BTC to purchase 1000 shitcoins. The exchange checks if both parties have the said amount in hand, and if they do, they act as the mutually trusted escrow to exchange the items at hand. This is what an exchange does. Their fee is basically monetising their reputation and the service of convenience.... in this case, the convenience of having a website with buttons. Holding Bittrex accountable for a voluntary trade gone bad is like expecting them to be in insurance business.  

We need to first get the language into perspective and start at the basics. First of all, A person does not "get scammed" in crypto, any more than a guy betting on a horse race got scammed because his tip turned out to be false. That is to insinuate that the event occurred by an external event that was outside his control... which automatically means he had no choice in the matter. If that were the case, it has to be universal... ie, it had to happen to everyone. We know this is not true. I say that accurately because I can use myself as an example. I did not get scammed by <insert coin name>. That was because I did not buy the coin. I did not buy the coin because I researched the coin. I made a conscious decision to not invest my money in that product. I also do the same before deciding to buy a phone or a computer. I weigh the extra cost of the warranty and brand name items to the cost effective shady ones. I own the consequence of my actions. So if the one without a warranty breaks, its on me.

By asking an exchange skip on these steps and make that choice for you, is essentially a cry for staying the same (ignorant and unaccountable) and forcing the environment to change. This forfeiting of your right to choose is the origins of a Government. So no, I would love it if bittrex continues to list the coins they need to to stay in business. It is the buyers who must do their due diligence before parting with their money. If that buyer gets all excited by seeing "volume", fake or not, its not an excuse to not be accountable for the trades they do.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:29:46 AM

Yes that happens on bittrex from time to time that why i decided too withdraw all from it. Most on fact that coin are adding and deleting from this market every day and if u have some founds on this coin you can do anything about it.

Hate this about it but it there business.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

blueshoe

Activity: 277

<space>

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:25:30 PM

If you do not trust bittrex, then you should not trust bittrex. Bittrex do not want you to trust it(him?). Let it be. It does not take your trust. You do not need to trust anyone. They have no responsibility to investigate before releasing their funds. Because they dont want have responsibility. Take it as it is.
hrt

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:01:00 PM

English motherfucker do you speak it? your view of all this is laughable. i dont fuck with ico's because they are an obvious scam. i'm a miner. i want to mine and do my thing without all this bullshit that ico's and exchanges like bittrex have allowed to thrive in our scene here. go get a cliffnotes on the english language since your so fucking smart.

Have you ever been punched for your tone? Be quite next time, this is not your discussion. Read my post carefully and if you want to reply, then contribute something useful and grammatically correct. Next time you try to shout, someone plugs a dick in your imprudent mouth. I guess you are trying to offer excuses. You have made obvious trading mistakes in the past so now try to exonerate oneself. Listen to me, fag, just get out. You got burned once and will again, just like every clueless underaged suckling. Don't even try to understand how does microeconomic work, just go for a work loader on huge building.

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
SeaSoul

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:12:56 PM

I go trade on mintpal
ChenXue

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:17:18 PM

bittrex is greedy.Give them money then he can add your coin.
joelpina

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:18:29 PM

bittrex is greedy.Give them money then he can add your coin.

I left that toilet long time ago and migrated to lazycoins, you guys should do to..They have good ethics on adding coins I hope they stick to their policies to protect the community. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=704759.msg7968476#msg7968476
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: