Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:36:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Policy on Mods accepting bribes  (Read 3097 times)
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:33:31 PM

Mods can accept bribes?  Sounds great!  How do I get to be a mod then?

Forgot to answer this.

Bribes obviously.

I'm upset that nobody offer me any bribe. Embarrassed

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 12:57:15 PM

What we need is a fair system of bribes.  BCX also wants to be a mod but to be totally fair his bribe to be a mod should be more than my bribe to be a mod.   Bribes to be mods should be based on activity and post count.  It is the only fair way to accept bribes.

I am sure that ACCTseller would agree with me.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:31:50 PM

Forgot to answer this.

Bribes obviously.

You mean the bonus payment from your signature, solely based on you being a staff member, isn't a bribe? Wink

What is it.. a political donation? Roll Eyes If it seems like a bribe, it is a bribe.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:43:08 PM

Quite a silly question... Simply drop an admin a PM with your offered amount. It must be more that any mods get tho Wink

(Sarcastic post for those that are unaware).
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:47:32 PM

Forgot to answer this.

Bribes obviously.

You're an administrator now, so you can assign a moderator. So... bribe. I can send you like 10 satishos that I've worked on earning through faucet sites for the last 15 weeks for moderator? It's totally a great deal.
* bluefirecorp gains moderator.

So, dat bribe, if you pay me like 2 trillion stashies, I'll make a post or something, idk.

EFS
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:15:01 PM

Forgot to answer this.

Bribes obviously.

You mean the bonus payment from your signature, solely based on you being a staff member, isn't a bribe? Wink

What is it.. a political donation? Roll Eyes If it seems like a bribe, it is a bribe.

I didn't request any raise for my signature payment. In fact I was gonna remove my signature but I hold it when I see the raise. It's normal because I have sticky posts etc., my signature gets more attention than other members'. It's not bonus payment, it's well deserved earning. If theymos decides to remove paid (or all) signatures, I'm okay with that, too.

How about you give me what your old owner owe me, Mr. bought VIP account?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

While we are on the subject of bribes.  How much would it cost me to have the forum get rid of all paid signatures? 

I would like to see an immediate perm ban on anyone who has a paid signature.  OK, one warning then a perm ban.

This would:

Make this idiotic thread go away
Get rid of all the stupid spam due to paid signatures
Make signatures more interesting to read - because it would then be something the user wants to say rather than being there just to get paid

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:35:54 PM

What we need is a fair system of bribes.  BCX also wants to be a mod but to be totally fair his bribe to be a mod should be more than my bribe to be a mod.   Bribes to be mods should be based on activity and post count.  It is the only fair way to accept bribes.

Biggest bribe to be a Mod is the no. of posts reported. More you report, better your chance. I wish, reporting accuracy was considered to be a bribe too...

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:42:15 PM

What we need is a fair system of bribes.  BCX also wants to be a mod but to be totally fair his bribe to be a mod should be more than my bribe to be a mod.   Bribes to be mods should be based on activity and post count.  It is the only fair way to accept bribes.

Biggest bribe to be a Mod is the no. of posts reported. More you report, better your chance. I wish, reporting accuracy was considered to be a bribe too...
Sorry, but since I have only reported a few posts that system would not work for me so by my definition of fair it is not fair.  I have a lot of activity and posts so, since that works for me, that is what I think is fair.  You get my drift?

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:02:43 PM

Sorry, but since I have only reported a few posts that system would not work for me so by my definition of fair it is not fair.  I have a lot of activity and posts so, since that works for me, that is what I think is fair.  You get my drift?

LoLz Burt. U remind me of something I read on Wikipedia. It is Relativism.

ACCTseller (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:29:19 PM

I have no issue with users earning different amounts based on their ranking. A full member account is able to display a bigger signature then a member. A senior account has the same feature then a full member account. A hero account is able to display background colors while a senior account cannot. A legendary member's post is generally looked at more closely then a hero member's posts.
Someone's username and/or ranking should not have an effect on how you receive a message as long as the message contains a valid point. I would hope that you would not give money to a legendary member when they are clearly scamming when you would not give money to a newbie when the newbie is trying to pull the same scam. Why should my message be any different?

What you're saying is that sig earnings should be relative to how much a sig can display. That makes sense. But why are you ok with different member ranks having different privileges of what is displayed in their sigs? And you're arguing for fairness?? Post quality are not determined by rank as you say, so why aren't you bitching about unfair sig displays too (higher ranks having more flashy sigs)?
I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. Let me say it a different way. If someone makes a valid point then it should be listened to regardless of who makes the point. It will be more difficult to notice a signature for someone who has a lower rank because of restrictions on their signature.

I am arguing that if a staff member accepts a higher payment then what is otherwise available to them then the staff member will be able to be influenced to the person providing payment. This is akin to the campaign manager buying power.

A staff member on the other hand generally will have their posts directed towards a smaller subset of people, more often then not addressing a specific concern of a user. Sometimes a staff member may post something unrelated to their duties as a moderator but the rules for signatures are not changed because someone is a moderator, and a post is generally not looked at more closely because someone is a moderator/staff member. As a result there is no valid business reason to want to pay a staff member at a higher rate then other senior members earn other then to use that additional payment to get something out of them later.

This is according to YOU, but you cannot speak for everyone. I can argue the other position, where a staff's account name, avatar, and sig are more noticed by the general public compared to a regular account in the same rank. So even though sig displays don't have more privileges, the overall account and status gets them more attention, regardless of what they post. So in this sense, it is a valid business decision to pay staff more.
As noted above the only users that are allowed to join the PD campaign are staff. Do you have any evidence to support this argument? Do moderators posts get quoted more often? Do they get replied to more often? In my experience they do not. As I said before there are a lot of staff that post something that is addressed to a smaller subset of users, for example explaining a ban or a rule that apples to few people.

I think no. Stunna is probably accepting legendaries too, though I dont see a mention of that in the current OP. Moreover, contrary to popular belief, PD is not shut down for everyone. Rather, they are now accepting Jr. Members too, but all these are in their affiliate campaign.
Legendary members used to be able to join, however this is no longer the case.

Campaign has changed as of August term, ranks below senior are no longer allowed to participate. Also all senior/hero slots are full
Affiliate Information
The campaign is currently closed to new registrants below legend level however, you are free to advertise using your primedice 3 referral link.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745779.0  More information in this thread

Status
All ranks under senior: No longer offered
Senior: FULL
Hero: FULL
Staff: Available
The affiliate program is really nothing more then a scam. I would not expect to get any referrals or referral earnings from having my referral link on my signature. PD already has a very large user base, and I would argue that the effect of the PD signatures is to get people who already have accounts to deposit money and gamble. Few few people have not heard of PD and very people do not already have an account at PD. This however is a very different conversation for a different place.

This is a totally pointless thread with a totally pointless OP because it is already totally fair.  It is fair because the buyer can pay whatever he want to whomever he wants.  It is his money.  If the buyer of signature space wanted to pay girls more than boys they could.  If you do not like how someone runs a signature campaign then you are free to not participate.

No one is forcing you to sell signature space to them.  You do not have to sell your signature space at all.

Quit you insesant whining.
It is not a matter of fairness as to who gets paid what. Any campaign manager has the right to pay whoever whatever they want. The issue at hand here is if someone who has power over the forum can accept a business opportunity that involves them receiving a higher then market rate. The higher payments do not only affect the members in the campaign, they affect the entire forum. The only way to avoid this would be to not participate in the forum, to not exercise your right to free speech. When someone with power receives an above market payment, they will owe the person who gave them the payment something in return. This will affect the way the forum is moderated; when someone wants a mod on their payroll to turn a blind eye they will be more likely to do so, or (more likely) when someone wants a mod to be more strict against a certain member or group of members they will be more likely to do so.

Forgot to answer this.

Bribes obviously.

I didn't request any raise for my signature payment. In fact I was gonna remove my signature but I hold it when I see the raise. It's normal because I have sticky posts etc., my signature gets more attention than other members'. It's not bonus payment, it's well deserved earning. If theymos decides to remove paid (or all) signatures, I'm okay with that, too.

Since you were offered a higher rate then what other people with your same rank receive, you decided to keep your signature? This is exactly my point. Although there is nothing against the rules with you having a signature, you admit to keeping it because of the higher rate. Now since you are receiving a higher rate, if you were to receive a request to look at a particular account/thread and take action against the account/thread by the operator of PD would you possibly do so? Do you think the action you would take would be at least a little bit influenced by the fact that you are now earning more money then what other members earn?

You don't have to be a mod to have your post sticked, you only need to have written a post that is very important and informative to the sub-forum in question. There are many stickies that are not written by a mod. Also your well deserved earning is what you get from the forum in exchange for being a mod/staff member.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:38:02 PM

Now since you are receiving a higher rate, if you were to receive a request to look at a particular account/thread and take action against the account/thread by the operator of PD would you possibly do so?

No.

Do you think the action you would take would be at least a little bit influenced by the fact that you are now earning more money then what other members earn?

No. I don't really understand your logic.

You don't have to be a mod to have your post sticked, you only need to have written a post that is very important and informative to the sub-forum in question. There are many stickies that are not written by a mod.

That's irrelevant to what I said.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ACCTseller (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

@ACCTseller

None of your arguments are valid until you answer the question.

Were you banned and not paid by Stunna?
(I know the answer to that and who, just want to see if you will honest)

This is nothing more than "Sand in the panties" over being banned and not paid.

~BCX~
Stunna did not ban anyone. He did not pay 9 people because the admins had banned them.

If you wanted to ask if any of my accounts were banned, then the answer would be no. If you wanted to ask if he has not paid me, then the answer would be no (although there are several members of the campaign who were not banned but have not been paid as of yet - I would not be surprised if they ended up getting banned soon).

My arguments however are still valid regardless of if any of my accounts were banned or not. That fact does not have any bearing to the conversation.
ACCTseller (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:31:18 PM

@ACCTseller

None of your arguments are valid until you answer the question.

Were you banned and not paid by Stunna?
(I know the answer to that and who, just want to see if you will honest)

This is nothing more than "Sand in the panties" over being banned and not paid.

~BCX~
Stunna did not ban anyone. He did not pay 9 people because the admins had banned them.

If you wanted to ask if any of my accounts were banned, then the answer would be no. If you wanted to ask if he has not paid me, then the answer would be no (although there are several members of the campaign who were not banned but have not been paid as of yet - I would not be surprised if they ended up getting banned soon).

My arguments however are still valid regardless of if any of my accounts were banned or not. That fact does not have any bearing to the conversation.

So for the record, your whole motivation is "altruistic" in nature.

You're just looking out for the masses out of the goodness of your heart even though you have no problem furthering scamming by selling accounts?

Is this your position?

~BCX~
I am not scamming anyone by selling accounts. This is within the forum rules. I would think that most accounts that are purchased do not end up scamming because they would get negative trust once it is found out they are trying to scam. This is not the point however.

I am a huge believer in everyone having to play by the same rules. If you are paying off mods in exchange for favors then you are not playing by the same rules as everyone else.
ACCTseller (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:01:07 PM

I am not scamming anyone by selling accounts. This is within the forum rules. I would think that most accounts that are purchased do not end up scamming because they would get negative trust once it is found out they are trying to scam. This is not the point however.

I am a huge believer in everyone having to play by the same rules. If you are paying off mods in exchange for favors then you are not playing by the same rules as everyone else.

I didn't say you were scamming anyone, I clearly stated that you are furthering scamming by selling accounts.

There is no other use for these accounts but to spam or scam. None.

I know for a fact you were banned and not paid by Stunna.

Stunna found out about you via a mod which is the genesis of your so called 'altruistic concern".

Badbear said he took care of it, what more do you want?

~BCX~
I have said what I want. I want the forum to have a policy that would prohibit mods/staff from accepting any business deal that is not available to the general public under the same terms and conditions that is available to the general public (this would include accepting a higher signature rate just because they are a mod).

You do not know that my accounts were banned, and you do not have proof. And no I will not prove it to you by disclosing the names of my accounts.
ACCTseller (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:12:32 AM

I have said what I want. I want the forum to have a policy that would prohibit mods/staff from accepting any business deal that is not available to the general public under the same terms and conditions that is available to the general public (this would include accepting a higher signature rate just because they are a mod).

You do not know that my accounts were banned, and you do not have proof. And no I will not prove it to you by disclosing the names of my accounts.

I didn't ask you too.you for the info, I already know it.

I bribed a mod LOL

~BCX~
I don't understand why you insist on trolling like this. It is very annoying.

Oh and P.S. I googled your handle and it looks like you have done a lot of damage to a lot of people in the past. Even forged a tweet to try to do damage to your competition.
ytlover

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:25:13 AM

Shouldnt there be some rule to prevent this? Someone put a poll up.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:16:47 AM

Shouldnt there be some rule to prevent this? Someone put a poll up.

A poll isn't going to accomplish anything.

You're getting butthurt about an isolated incident that's been taken care of

Move on
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 11:41:45 AM

I want the forum to have a policy that would prohibit mods/staff from accepting any business deal

And I want the forum to have a policy that would prohibit account selling. But since neither is going to happen, get over it. Have you realized that no amount of bitching about this will matter? You always have a choice to leave if you feel that strongly about it.

ACCTseller (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:08:32 PM

I want the forum to have a policy that would prohibit mods/staff from accepting any business deal

And I want the forum to have a policy that would prohibit account selling. But since neither is going to happen, get over it. Have you realized that no amount of bitching about this will matter? You always have a choice to leave if you feel that strongly about it.
there is a valid business reason to allow for account sales. If you are so strongly against account selling (despite your account being purchased) you should do something about it. Signature campaigns are what essentially creates a market for accounts. You are participating in a signature campaign so you clearly don't feel that strongly about the issue.

There is no valid business reason to allow what essentially amounts to a bribe of mods.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: