Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:29:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IntelliCoin - Scam?  (Read 4279 times)
infazan (OP)

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:41:34 AM

IntelliCoin - is a Scam? Why topic is close ?
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:42:24 AM

Not sure. Website is still online though.
infazan (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:45:40 AM

look the price - https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-INT
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:46:15 AM

I think they locked the thread until they decide what to do with the second round of funding.

Wouldn't worry too much, we know their names. If they do scam, report them to MIT Cheesy
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:48:14 AM

I guess they got a panic attack .
n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:48:17 AM

They decided to start a second phase of IPO and do a coin exchange.

Rightly so....everyone told them to go fuck themselves and I think they are locking the thread until they figure out how to save some sort of face.
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:49:47 AM

I indeed hope that's the case, in the meantime I have increased my position in INT by 50%, let's see how this works out.
intellicoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:51:31 AM

I just locked the thread to update with only the important developments and announcements.
infazan (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:53:00 AM

I just locked the thread to update with only the important developments and announcements.

This can not be done! Closing theme leads to distrust of the dev !
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:54:59 AM

IntelliCoin - is a Scam? Why topic is close ?

How is locking the thread a Scam? Dev delivered coins, Investors got profit. Its the FUD which ate the coin up.

This can not be done! Closing theme leads to distrust of the dev !

I doubt they care about your trust. I am sure FUD made them lock the thread.

philipvdlinde

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:55:12 AM

Indeed, this wasn't a very good step. I do get your reaction though but try to keep it professional please. The most important thing now is that you haven't left and scammed us.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:55:58 AM

Do you realize how much panic this caused in the market, if you really care so much about saving the coin this is not the way to go. How about starting a self-moderated thread? this way you can control the junk posts.
infazan (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:02:52 AM

Do you realize how much panic this caused in the market, if you really care so much about saving the coin this is not the way to go. How about starting a self-moderated thread? this way you can control the junk posts.

All of the guys - I think the coin is dead. I believe that if dev can not answer arguments on FUD - then he is a weak man
hardroad

Activity: 224

█ If you want logo pm me █

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:07:25 AM

IntelliCoin ,Use Coin,all IPO,ICO Shit Coin

caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:12:15 AM

All of the guys - I think the coin is dead. I believe that if dev can not answer arguments on FUD - then he is a weak man

You do realize most of the time these weren't arguments. They were blatant comments and accusations with no base.

philipvdlinde

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:21:32 AM

You do realize most of the time these weren't arguments. They were blatant comments and accusations with no base.

yup, they were nothing but empty words with scam written all over it.
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:52:30 AM

Their "get this coin on the right path" plan was to let investors trade in their coins at 10 to 1 swap (10 old for 1 new), while also launching another ICO  for the new coin at 10x the price, in order to raise 300 BTC.

Playing it off as "the funds are for the coin, not for us" except the dev team already has coding/programming talent, so I don't know why they would even need the ICO money.

Saying they're going to deliver their InSign feature midway through the second IPO, which raises multiple concerns:

1. If you need the money for development, then how are you gonna launch the feature midway through the ICO?
2. If you don't need the money for development, then why not just launch the feature for the original coin and give investors what was promised?
3. Noting these two previous points, how would this second ICO have been "for the coin".

Now they've put out a statement that they're reconsidering the decision due to negative response. To me, this says "oops, you caught us trying to squeeze more money out of everyone". Then the thread was locked.
smackii

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:58:38 AM

What a move! We believe in the coin because the ipo was less than 17btc and miners throw hashes to keep the network alive. I though the community will decide.the price but when the dev wants to raise 300 btc, it smells all bullshit and envious of other ipo coins. This should never be tolerated by us even if they did go to MIT or Harvard. Stay away from this kind of devs so you will not loose your investments.
Kearney52

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:02:17 AM

MIT student also scam? Undecided      no thanks
Jerrietg

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:11:18 AM

maybe dev have some personal reason? Grin