Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:37:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Next Crypto Wave.  (Read 2155 times)
entertheabyss (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:39:37 AM

Bitcoin. Litecoin. Memecoins. CountryCoins. AnonCoins. Lots of you have been wondering, "whats next?" Well let me tell you about exchange coins.

Take a look at coinmarketcap.com

#3 BitsharesX - Trade crypto equities with security, privacy and speed.
#4 Ripple - An Open Distributed Exchange
#5 NTX - The Nxt Asset Exchange

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:46:10 AM

Why do Newbie account seem to be the experts all the time  lol

account #340,001 created  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
entertheabyss (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:27:07 AM

Its an observation. Why don't you take it down a notch.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:02:04 AM

Yea because you have to have a lengthy IMDB account to post and be a decent critic of movies. Maybe some people just like to mostly read only and don't bother to get involved in the daily vileness of btctalk, I know from my time here I've yet to see how it positively enhances crypto.
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:05:27 AM

hrmm my guess, is, it is kinda unpredictable

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:39:17 AM

Anonymity has been the fad for the past months and it resulted in an anonymity arms race..  where every trivial improvement on the concept was broadcasted as the second coming ("oh lawdly lawd") and pumps follow suit and this repeated a dozen time until mostly everyone ended up losing money and got burned out.

Now the current newest fad is exchanges and there is an asset arms race between NXT and BitsharesX and any one else who may bring in an asset exchange.

These arm race pumps are getting ridiculous.

Can you really consider these coins to be 'alternates' (as in alternates to Bitcoin) when the whole foundation seems built around these expensive arm races where nobody ends up winning in the long run and the coins end up dying from exhaustion?

Doge may had been a generation 1.0 $hitcoin with broken mechanics (rampant inflation + doge-billionaires dumping did it in) but for a time it was the only real alternate after Litecoin.  Dogecoin did what most alternates couldn't and that was to bring outsiders in.

Every other alternate which has been released to date has been about armament races over things which the 99.9% doesn't care about.  People just want their coins and not complicated doodles to hide their illegal activity from the government or to bet long / short on some (probably illegal) derivative.   How swell?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:10:59 AM

What is bitshares x? is it worth investing?
TaunSew

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:29:44 AM

What is bitshares x? is it worth investing?

It's a coin popular in China.  80% of the volume is Yuan.  99% of trading is done on the Chinese exchanges.  It can be banned like Bitcoin but the damage would be more extreme as BTSx has little presence elsewhere.

otherwise...  I'm sure a BitsharesX person will come racing into this thread and tell you to reverse mortgage your house, sell your car and take as much loans as possible and put it all into BitsharesX.   Grin  

Reality is at $50 million capitalization there is no ROI left correlated to the risk involved.  Too much risk investing into a coin which is only popular in one region and in a region known for cracking down on crypto currencies. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:33:02 AM

Reality is at $50 million capitalization there is no ROI left correlated to the risk involved.  There's a reason why most coins, after they hit the $50+ million range, tend to stagnate as the smart money tends to leave for cheaper alternates and opportunities.

only NeM (New Economy Movement) the supreme movement will walk straight past Bitcoin capitalization u will see.

nothing can compare with this egalitarian movement of fairness, equality and sockpuppetry !

where the EtHereum - BiTsharesX - NxT - NodE - Qora - ORA IPO junk axis fails, NeM will win in all glory !

its the only one ! THE ONLY ONE RING IN MIDDLEEARTH!  why is nem not popular in china yet ?  I guess thats gonna kick in soon.  NeM, buy two today get one free.  

~CfA~

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:37:44 AM

I don' think you can compare these exchange coins with stuff like the meme coins or anon coins or things - all of those were about new coins which are susceptible to pump and dumps. Bitshares, NXT and Ripple are, as you point out, all well established coins in the top 5 for marketcap. Bitshares is the only one which has had a significant rise recently, and that is because they are finally gearing up to launch their BitAssets. So this is not the latest fad and it would take millions of dollars for a whale to orchestrate any kind of big pump on them.
TaunSew

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:47:16 AM

I don' think you can compare these exchange coins with stuff like the meme coins or anon coins or things - all of those were about new coins which are susceptible to pump and dumps. Bitshares, NXT and Ripple are, as you point out, all well established coins in the top 5 for marketcap. Bitshares is the only one which has had a significant rise recently, and that is because they are finally gearing up to launch their BitAssets. So this is not the latest fad and it would take millions of dollars for a whale to orchestrate any kind of big pump on them.

Don't you ever read the BitsharesX forum?  They have plenty of buy threads from guys looking to purchase six figure$ amounts of BTSx.  It's technically an obscure coin which attracted the attention of a few investment funds in China.  No one has that sort of pocket change to blow on some random crypto.

The signs are already evident - volume peaked at $3 million and the last 24H it was under $1 million.  

profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:57:57 AM

Don't you ever read the BitsharesX forum?  They have plenty of buy threads from guys looking to purchase six figure$ amounts of BTSx.  It's technically an obscure coin which attracted the attention of a few investment funds in China.

The signs are already evident - volume peaked at $3 million and the last 24H it was under $1 million.  

I'm not arguing with the fact that Bitshares has peaked, at least for now, just that this thing about 'exchange coins' has been a long running trend and Bitshares is the latest chapter in that long story - so exchange coins are not a new fad.

Bitshares is not new, but I'll leave it up to you to decide whether you think its a fad; personally I think its more likely to go down than up from here, but if it does go up it could still go up a lot - I do think that if any coin is gong to take Litecoin's crown as number 2 then Bitshares is the most likely, but that is a very big if.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 10:25:00 AM

Dogecoin did what most alternates couldn't and that was to bring outsiders in.
most? Did I miss something? Do you know of another altcoin that has attracted outsiders in comparable numbers?

AFAICT (and I have been looking), out of 1500+ efforts thus far Dogecoin is the one and only altcoin to have achieved this.

That's a very impressive feat for a $hitcoin with broken mechanics. It's almost as though the contempt is misconceived and the assumptions underpinning the economics aren't as pertinent as is widely believed. But that can't be right, can it?

If the model can't provide a supportable explanation of Dogecoin's appeal then it's not the altcoin that's broken, it's the model.

Nice hole you dug there, it'd be a shame to waste it, so ... given that it is such a remarkable singleton, how does Dogecoin fit your definition of “$hitcoin” in this context?

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 11:00:12 AM

how does Dogecoin fit your definition of “$hitcoin” in this context?
It's a $hitcoin because its' lead developer just took LTC and slapped a dog over the silver coin.

And that's the extent of your analysis? Fiat lux. Thank you for the enlightenment.

Cheers

Graham
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:58:14 AM

how does Dogecoin fit your definition of “$hitcoin” in this context?
It's a $hitcoin because its' lead developer just took LTC and slapped a dog over the silver coin.

And that's the extent of your analysis? Fiat lux. Thank you for the enlightenment.

Cheers

Graham

Since you seem to be an expert on altcoins, I'm curious as to which ones are currently targeting adoption from people outside the crypto-sphere right now?
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:22:04 PM

on altcoins, I'm curious as to which ones are currently targeting adoption from people outside the crypto-sphere right now?

Storj coin is targeting cloud storage users. Its very early days yet but apparently they've had some commcercial interest to host video content.
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:44:19 PM

I guess now we'll get a bunch of proof-of-capacity HDD mining coins Wink

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:02:50 PM

on altcoins, I'm curious as to which ones are currently targeting adoption from people outside the crypto-sphere right now?

Storj coin is targeting cloud storage users. Its very early days yet but apparently they've had some commcercial interest to host video content.

Because as a cloud user I don't want my personal data stored by a reputable company, or as a business we don't want our collaborative data stored by a business with whom we have an SLA and whose sole job is the safe storage of data, we want it spread out across random hard drives, right? Or better yet - stored on the hard drives of tens of thousands of computers infected by a botnet, where the destruction of the botnet means the destruction of every redundant copy of my data. Sounds like a great idea!

There's also this: http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/appcoins-are-snake-oil/

ChenXue

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:54:06 PM

i will say unprediction.no one can predict future. Cheesy
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 02:27:43 PM

Your list left off "Commodity coins," like Uro, and "Cause Coins" like CleanWater.  

Maybe what you identify as "Exchange coins" is the trend toward building apps around a coin. The utility of an app gives a an immediate perceived value and an economy of users, at least for a few minutes.

I don't care what is done around a cryptocurrency, I don't want I don't want any part of it if it isn't open source.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: