Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Monero&Bitcoin,NXT & co will fail and NEM will overtake  (Read 2154 times)
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:47:53 PM

I find it pathetic to compare something *existing* to vaporware; reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever.

twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:03:28 PM

fairness, equality...sure
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:04:16 PM

Bitcoin is still the numero uno at this point but not for long as new better technology is popping up.  Monero is not one of them though.  It is marketed by a spectacular amount of [enthusiastic evangelists] who claim that it's greater and more innovative then Bitcoin...only difference is cryptonote.

To my eyes, that makes Monero intriguing. Why did Bitcoin rise so much in four years? A lot of it had to do with tireless and enthusiastic evangelizing from Bitcoin early adopters.

To shift back to Monero: regardless of how many of them are "paid shills," if any; regardless of the fact that they obviously have a pecuniary motive for promoting Monero, as I'm sure they all own a lot - their tirelessness and enthusiasm is reminiscent of the "paid shills" for Bitcoin back in its early days.

You, sir, are obviously not impressed with Cryptonote technology. That's really the focal point of whether or not to jump in. Is Monero's implementation of Cryptonote tech - is Cryptonote tech itself - enough of a crypto game changer to make all that indefatigable evangelism pay off big in the longer term? The question don't answer itself.

From what little I know, Cryptonote's signature use case is very different from gen-2 crypto like your NEM. Sure, we can think like bookkeepers and say that one BTC that buys Monero is one BTC that will not go into (say) NEM...but the funny thing about evangelists is that they become good at bringing outside money into the crypto sphere, thus breaking the zero-sum model.

If you're ticked off by what I wrote above, please stop and consider that I'm outlining the thought process of an interested speculator. Any speculator looking over NEM will probably think along the same lines with respect to NEMmer evangelization.   

Woah, an actual intelligent post.

Yes, Monero is trying to duplicate the Bitcoin Cult on a shoestring...
Without even one full-time Dev... and competing against 500 coins.

The Monero Truther Core Dogma is as follows:

(1)  Monero is the next Bitcoin.

(2)  Criminal level anon is the mainstream Holy Grail.

(3)  Everyone associated with Monero has 100% pure motives.

(4)  All other coins are scams.

(5)  If Monero is the ONLY alt you have ever bought... you are an EXPERT.

(6)  No one needs a proper GUI wallet...
Or needs proper confirmation that money was actually transferred...
Or cares if money disappears into cyberspace.

If you don't fully embrace the above absurdities...
You are not welcome in any of the 100 Monero threads spamming this place.

As for NEM...
Everything about the name is total fail in any language...
(Including the ludicrous phrase "New Economy Movement")...
And if you can't get that right... then what are you getting right?
othe

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:29:58 PM

Yes, Monero is trying to duplicate the Bitcoin Cult on a shoestring...
Without even one full-time Dev... and competing against 500 coins.
(6)  No one needs a proper GUI wallet...
Or needs proper confirmation that money was actually transferred...
Or cares if money disappears into cyberspace.

It´s a shame that your post is not half as intelligent as his.

1) There are several people working full time on monero.
2) Well, in your head maybe, tho we have a lot of resources on the GUI wallet: http://imgur.com/a/ERheR
    Proper confirmation can be done and will be done, unless in coins who use a sort of mixing like drk, i quote myself once again:

In CN you make a new ring sig, using the same key image but different (random) data, thats only possible if you own the private key.
Then you can disclose the random number used to create the one time address.
Everone can check that the one time address i send money to can be created using the pubkey and intermediate random number.
Ideally you pack this into a payment protocol outside of the blockchain.
And for Donationaddresses/Charities who need a transparency they can simply publish their viewkey.
That the tooling currently doesn´t exist doesn´t mean it wont be implemented.

Nothing can disappear, its either send and confirmed or not.

Not adressing the rest of your non sense as i already waste too much of my time replying to people like you who have no idea what they talk about.

TaunGawk (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:03:13 PM

I see a lot of new Monero propaganda posted in my peaceful thread.  Did you put your cars, houses and lifesavings in Monero or why do you see the need to defend it so vigorously?  One stake in NEM should be enough to set your financial future.  No stress because of falling XMR prices or lack of proper GUI, no worries, no regrets having to sell at the bottom - with NEM you can kick back and relax.
Nullu

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:52:49 PM

I find it pathetic to compare something *existing* to vaporware; reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever.

I've got this idea for a cryptocurrency. It's only an idea, of course, but it's going to overtake Bitcoin.

Trust me. WINK.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
TaunGawk (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:39:48 PM

I've got this idea for a cryptocurrency. It's only an idea, of course, but it's going to overtake Bitcoin.

Please post your great idea.
Nullu

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:42:35 PM

Digital proof-of-money ownership protocol backed up by decentralised gold-based micro-transactions on a cloud-based peer-to-peer networked Atari.

TaunGawk (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:46:09 PM

Digital proof-of-money ownership protocol backed up by decentralised gold-based micro-transactions on a cloud-based peer-to-peer networked Atari.

I said please post your great idea? Huh
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:28:03 AM

LOL u seem to suggest that many people r buying monero.  its all hyped up by 10 accounts or so maximum.

u'd be a complete dork if u invest in this utter shite crap

monero nem whatever dude its all the same shitcoin attempt to enrich a few noobs

~CfA~

and ironically you are hyping up NEM the same with with multiple accounts.
i guarantee 100% you ARE the OP.

FUD first & ask questions later™
BigBoozie

Activity: 52
Merit: 50

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:24:27 PM

I think that NEM is very nice project with very nice people in community, I dont know much about Monero, but I guess these types of threads are hurting everybody, please dont participate in these "my dick is bigger" threads. Cryptos are not meant for children btw.  Tongue
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:43:04 PM

Kewl !! Will it run on my solar-powered Rasp-Pi ?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Nullu

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:54:46 PM

I said please post your great idea? Huh

You may have missed the sarcasm in my original post, I think. An idea that could overtake Bitcoin in and of itself is inherently worthless.

YoungInvestor

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:36:25 AM

Scoops! #2016
windale

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:55:13 AM

your only dreamin and joke
if NEM can overtake replace and move position bitcoin is number one in crypto coin
bitcoin still the best is position volume transaction in cypto coin, not only one coin until now replace and move posistion bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: