Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am looking to borrow 10,000 BTC to expand my current bussiness.  (Read 5379 times)
hashking (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 10:58:29 AM

Is this the next level of 419 scam?

Why would this be considered a scam?  I have enough money coming in every month to more then cover this loan and have very solid proof of income which I would be willing to share with the right lender.   So please explain to me how you would consider this a scam. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 11:27:44 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2012, 12:01:56 PM by anu

So please explain to me how you would consider this a scam.  

I don't consider it anything. I am asking if this is a 419. No idea where you live but in my country you'll get 3.5% or better given the collateral you claim to have. What's the reason you offer 15% then?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:11:43 PM

So please explain to me how you would consider this a scam.  

I don't consider it anything. I am asking if this is a 419. No idea where you live but in my country you'll get 3.5% or better given the collateral you claim to have. What's the reason you offer 15% then?

yup, because asking whether it's a 419 will help you determine whether it's a 419

(BFL)^2 < 0
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 04:17:02 PM

I'm willing to co-sign up to $5k. $15/$500 insurance. I trust HK, but am unwilling to tie up funds for the time required.

Hope it helps move things along. Cheers!
gorgo1

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 06:41:57 PM

Seeing how people are more willing to make large loan requests I wish that people would make it easier for people like me to get single figure loans instead of making it difficult.I want rep by successfull payback of small loans.

Will someone please lend to me here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74854.0.If interested please reply to my thread rather than here thanks. I will need loans in future to build my mining rig after this one.

18dYSssmxr2wkKvQ9a84m8Wbw7HvELjJSM
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 06:47:37 PM

Seeing how people are more willing to make large loan requests I wish that people would make it easier for people like me to get single figure loans instead of making it difficult.I want rep by successfull payback of small loans.

Will someone please lend to me here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74854.0.If interested please reply to my thread rather than here thanks. I will need loans in future to build my mining rig after this one.
HK has good rep among lenders (given he is a lender and talks with us), a solid plan, and plenty already invested in his venture. We know about where he lives. You have a request for a consumer/confidence loan (tend to be very high risk), a fuzzy plan, and nothing apparently invested in your venture. Your given payback date is right around today, yet you are still asking for the loan.
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 06:56:14 PM

Why don't you make a business outside of loans? HK does something else that loans, so should you. If you can't afford well $10.... then we know that you're broke.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 08:52:18 PM

I wonder how many other places I can get 15% compounded annually.  You would do a straight USD loan?

Pegging to USD helps but would just assume not buy 15,000 BTC just to return them to USD on your end a few moments later...

hashking (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:08:40 PM

I wonder how many other places I can get 15% compounded annually.  You would do a straight USD loan?

Pegging to USD helps but would just assume not buy 15,000 BTC just to return them to USD on your end a few moments later...

I can't even think of one place that would pay 15%.  You are lucky to get 2% at a bank.  I would also accept a straight USD loan.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:41:56 PM

I wonder how many other places I can get 15% compounded annually.  You would do a straight USD loan?

Propser and LendingClub. 

Of course default rates are in the asinine range because obviously anyone more credit worthy would be getting a lower rate.
JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:57:39 PM

I wish I had more faith -- return is nice but not worth the risk on 75K.

If you could find 2 others I might be interested in 25K.  I show that as a P&I of 866.63.  25K @ 15% over 36 months.

"Safer" investment than 2 mini rigs  Wink

hashking (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 01:17:09 AM

I wish I had more faith -- return is nice but not worth the risk on 75K.

If you could find 2 others I might be interested in 25K.  I show that as a P&I of 866.63.  25K @ 15% over 36 months.

"Safer" investment than 2 mini rigs  Wink

PM'd
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 05:31:11 AM

Good point Death and taxes.  A mortgage would be at 5% tops.  This is a strange request indeed.

I'll just leave this here.

http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/Using_bitcoin-otc#Safety:_avoiding_fraud

A 5% interest rate would be nice.  The properties that I purchase cost under 30K and need repairs.  The traditional bank isn't willing to lend out money on a house that isn't liveable.  As far as the fraud issue goes, I am willing to divulge all my business information as well as personal.  I would also sign a promissory note so if I didn't pay someone could take legal action.  My assets are a lot more then the loan that I'm asking for.  

Can you take a loan out on an asset that is already paid for and use that money to buy/fix your new property?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
hashking (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 01:49:07 PM

Good point Death and taxes.  A mortgage would be at 5% tops.  This is a strange request indeed.

I'll just leave this here.

http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/Using_bitcoin-otc#Safety:_avoiding_fraud

A 5% interest rate would be nice.  The properties that I purchase cost under 30K and need repairs.  The traditional bank isn't willing to lend out money on a house that isn't liveable.  As far as the fraud issue goes, I am willing to divulge all my business information as well as personal.  I would also sign a promissory note so if I didn't pay someone could take legal action.  My assets are a lot more then the loan that I'm asking for.  

Can you take a loan out on an asset that is already paid for and use that money to buy/fix your new property?

The properties that I purchase cost under 30K and need repairs.  The traditional bank isn't willing to lend out money on a house that isn't liveable.  I have talked to a couple of loan officers and their response is that the banks don't really do these type of loans anymore.  They are worried about lending out the money on a property thats not liveable, not receiving payment and being stuck with a house in a market that is already flooded with houses that can't sell.     
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 03:26:03 PM

I'm willing to co-sign up to $5k. $15/$500 insurance. I trust HK, but am unwilling to tie up funds for the time required.

Hope it helps move things along. Cheers!

I'd be willing to do the same. I can provide evidence of financial backing if there is serious interest.

JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 04:14:04 PM

@Kluge & @brendio

Would you have any interest in all 3 of us taking the 75K (split in thirds)?

chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 04:20:57 PM

I can't even think of one place that would pay 15%.  You are lucky to get 2% at a bank.  I would also accept a straight USD loan.
actually there are two off the top of my head right now.
JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 04:23:05 PM

On $75K with some type of deposit insurance?

hashking (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 07:23:20 PM

It seems that people are worried because I'm willing to pay a high interest rate to borrow this money.  The reason I'm willing to pay this high of a rate is because the funds that will be used will generate close to a 45% return for me on a worst case scenario with a possibility of it generating a 67% on the best case scenario.  Also from my research this seems to be the going rate for this type of loan. 
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 07:37:54 PM

It seems that people are worried because I'm willing to pay a high interest rate to borrow this money.  The reason I'm willing to pay this high of a rate is because the funds that will be used will generate close to a 45% return for me on a worst case scenario with a possibility of it generating a 67% on the best case scenario.  Also from my research this seems to be the going rate for this type of loan. 

I find this funny and sad. You're willing to offer a collateralized instrument on an investment and offer a very reasonable rate of return. The nay sayers are dubious but they will have no questions about investing in a 30% or more per month program with no guarantees at all.

Hold your ground. Maybe post on ogrr.com forum also with a cross link. Something tells me someone from the EU will be interested if not the U.S.

(watching)

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████