Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMUNIE] We are not dead, just busy building megacool stuff *teasers inside*  (Read 10964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shaktigami

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

It's very interesting project and I'm waiting this for long time, and it's cool to see the news!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:21:01 PM

Had a lot of hope and Bitcoins ready for IPO back in April.

Just like Ripple, you guys lost huge advantage by slowing development. Ripple had almost everything on the plate and you had first concept of 2.0 cryptocurrency but both let others doing it before.

Gonna be much harder now.

seleme, i always read your post with interest.

Can i ask you which will be, for you, the winners as 2.0 crypto-platform?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:46:28 AM

you guys should try to integrate the decentralized file sharing idea so we can get clamminess/comedy levels way up there !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:11:07 AM

Great work dan!

That looks impressive  Shocked

so glad to read your post dan. I was so sure that emunie was gone!
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:12:14 PM

Hi everyone,

It's been a good while since I posted here.  Earlier in the year after a lot of drama we decided that development of eMunie should continue under the radar, with no distractions until we were getting close to ready.

As we are now getting close to a V1.0 product I thought Id roll by and post an update on whats been going on, progress, screen shots and other interesting info.

Without going into too much detail, over the past few months we've been concentrating on the following:

• Re factorization of prototype code to commercial grade (LOTS of testing)
  • Performance optimization
  • Development of transaction attachments
  • HTML capable secure email with attachments
  • Turing complete scripting engine utilizing a Javascript/Java hybrid and GUI integration (Etherium +100)
  • Plugin system for native Java plugins
  • Initial development of eMuWeb including custom embedded browser (regular and eMuWeb capable)
  • A REAL Decentralized Marketplace (DMP) which is also Auction capable
  • True high frequency Decentralized exchange (DEX) capable of < 30 second trades
  • Economics system and improvements/tweaks
  • GUI Overhaul

Most of the above is now in the final stages, with the only major component requiring significant work being the DEX which should bring us to a launch candidate client around the start of Q3 this year.  Additionally we are currently in talks with a number of academic scholars and professors to arrange multiple 3rd party peer reviews of the eMunie protocols, design and code.

We also set a crypto-currency record in our last beta, with the test network processing over 1M transactions in a 24hr period.  To date as far as we are aware no other crypto-currency has achieved this in either test, or production networks; the highest daily transaction count thus far being held by DogeCoin @ ~250,000.    Even more impressive is that this record was achieved on a network of only around 30 nodes, with transaction load varying from 10-50 tx/s at times.  More nodes = more performance, so with a network of only a few 1000 machines, eMunie will be able to process in excess of Visa level transaction quantities.

I'm happy to answer any questions about eMunie providing that they don't require me to divulge any technical information that we wish to keep secret for the time being (ideas get stolen you know!), also before someone asks there is no complete whitepaper at present, just excerpts and crude developer notes, and no it wont be open source for at least 6 months post launch and has already been covered extensively.

So to keep this initial post short, I believe pictures speak 1000 words, so here are some screenies (some are large):

Transactions

Browser
(note the emu:// URL Cheesy )

Marketplace Search

Marketplace Listing

Marketplace User Area

Marketplace Sell Item

Wow you are not dead
The market place looks great
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

This development takes forever.
I wanted to invest one year ago.
A year is eternity in crypto.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:18:33 AM

This development takes forever.
I wanted to invest one year ago.
A year is eternity in crypto.

I guess 'investment' is not considered to be good for the project.
dont take

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:20:42 AM

I think EMUNIE really need to be hurry.more and more innovation coins have come out.
Althoelzer

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

I think EMUNIE really need to be hurry.more and more innovation coins have come out.

EMUNIE is almost dead. This development lasts forever and ever and ever ... Grin

NEM - Nothing Else Matters
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:06:38 AM

EMUNIE is almost dead. This development lasts forever and ever and ever ... Grin

eMunie is far from dead. Do you think development for good software happens in a couple of months? It takes time to develop something like this, eMunie isn't some scrypt clone or hack job "new source" that is really still in beta (or even alpha).

eMunie is going to be big, mark my words!
Althoelzer

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:28:35 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 12:42:53 PM by Althoelzer

eMunie is far from dead. Do you think development for good software happens in a couple of months? It takes time to develop something like this, eMunie isn't some scrypt clone or hack job "new source" that is really still in beta (or even alpha).

eMunie is going to be big, mark my words!

The time will show what happens to EMUNIE. But I guess that you've also remarked this dev delivered anything just promises.
I read about EMUNIE I guess a whole ago. This is a long time in crypto where everything is going so fast.
And yes, you can see coins or a special movement (NEM) atm. They aren't just talking about something and deliver within one year.
NEM for example startet on 19th january 2014. This month they will bring out already the beta and the official launch is planned for the end of  october.
They got a big and enthusiastic community with so many ideas what they can do with or for NEM.

In comparison with that what delivers EMUNIE? EMUNIE said one year ago something about a revolutionary idea in regard to other altcoins. Nothing happened in the meantime...

There are actually about 370 publications about NEM and that NEM could change the whole crypto-scene.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

Or look at that. This is the official site on btt.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0

They got also a separate NEM-forum

http://forum.nemcoin.com

Hope EMUNIE can deliver one day just a small part of that what happens with NEM. If that would be the case, I would come back and invest in EMUNIE.

NEM - Nothing Else Matters
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:43:55 PM

I can see a lot of work has gone into that, are you planning the generate revenue from the native Decentralized marketplace, these are interesting questions?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:05:01 PM

The time will show what happens to EMUNIE. But I guess that you've also remarked this dev delivered anything just promises.
I read about EMUNIE I guess a whole ago. This is a long time in crypto where everything is going so fast.
And yes, you can see coins or a special movement (NEM) atm. They aren't just talking about something and deliver within one year.
NEM for example startet on 19th january 2014. This month they will bring out already the beta and the official launch is planned for the end of  october.
They got a big and enthusiastic community with so many ideas what they can do with or for NEM.

In comparison with that what delivers EMUNIE? EMUNIE said one year ago something about a revolutionary idea in regard to other altcoins. Nothing happened in the meantime...

There are actually about 370 publications about NEM and that NEM could change the whole crypto-scene.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

Or look at that. This is the official site on btt.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0

They got also a separate NEM-forum

http://forum.nemcoin.com

Hope EMUNIE can deliver one day just a small part of that what happens with NEM. If that would be the case, I would come back and invest in EMUNIE.

Hello

If you are interested in eMunie you can check the separate forum here
http://forum.emunie.com/

and if you are interested in eMunie software you can download the beta software
from here and test it

http://beta.emunie.com/

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:44:15 PM

Why should anyone use EMUNIE instead of for example QUARK?
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:50:42 PM

Why should anyone use EMUNIE instead of for example QUARK?

for example, just for these:

-A REAL Decentralized Marketplace (DMP) which is also Auction capable
-True high frequency Decentralized exchange (DEX) capable of < 30 second trades
Cobra

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:32:24 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 05:54:42 PM by Cobra

I have seen a lot of alt coins or crypto alternatives to BTC come out since I registered here (January 2012) and I have to say nothing is like eMunie and it will really shake things up. I have been following eMunie since June 2013 and it has made a ton of progress since that time. People here do not see all of the milestones that have already been accomplished with eMunie in the beta.  As someone who has met Dan in person you do not find many in the crypto scene with the character he has. To reach into his own pockets for refunds after a BTC theft should prove that. I see how dedicated Dan is to this project and can see the small steps of progress that are made daily. It has come a long way in a year.

Many people do not agree with the development style that has been adopted by eMunie (1 Dev, closed source) which is surely rare in the crypto scene.  With the right person and dedicated group of people pushing eMunie forward it can work and be successful. I would hate to see people just copy/clone it and overall reduce the impact of eMunie and waste a lot of the hard work Dan has done on this. How many other coins have come out with totally original code from the ground up, not starting from BTC/LTC, or involve any of that code?  After you have that list.....how many of those are based on an actual database versus a block chain?

eMunie is a currency....not an alt coin.  In time you can watch it catch up to BTC in the coming years and prove to be some serious competition. (yes it may sound unheard of now but just wait)

There are so many things about eMunie that in my opinion make it amazing. I will not go on and on but will just list a couple of my favorites.

Some eMunie features that will set it apart in my opinion.

1. ability to scale properly to process transactions at lightning speed. Test of 1 million transactions in just over 24hrs....done, test complete. We are talking Visa scale capability. As the network grows so does the speed. What is the max you ask.......the network we tested on was 25 nodes in size and spiked to 70 tx/s This will scale almost linear to the number of nodes.

2. Full Anon/Encryption - while other solutions have this as well now having it in eMunie will be great.......you won't be able to see any balances unless a person wants to allow it.

3. Communications Systems - mail and chat have been in the betas from the very beginning and will be a huge feature and really round out the product suite.

4. Decentralized Marketplace & Exchange (DMP/DEX) - yes other solutions have come out with these as well but I doubt none will work as well as eMunie.

5. Extremely Fast Transactions - It will be rare if a TX takes more than 10 seconds to clear.......oh and if you want to attach a file to a TX and have it encrypted inside the TX you can do that too.

5. Storage - While a lot of solutions are coming out with some type of storage or file sharing capability, eMunie had a discussion about that in July 2013 and planned this feature, it will be called the Storage Vault.  This feature has not been a priority so will not be in the initial release of eMunie but there are plans for it.

Based on the above.....you should have a very short list of other coins that can compete with this......these are only some of the features.....there are many more!

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

1. ability to scale properly to process transactions at lightning speed. Test of 1 million transactions in just over 24hrs....done, test complete. We are talking Visa scale capability. As the network grows so does the speed. What is the max you ask.......the network we tested on was 25 nodes in size and spiked to 70 tx/s This will scale almost linear to the number of nodes.
25 is very bad.  Cry
How you can scale lineary without sync and fork problems?  Huh
This sandbox tests say nothing about real production  Roll Eyes
Iffy

Activity: 116

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:58:22 PM

25 is very bad.  Cry
How you can scale lineary without sync and fork problems?  Huh
This sandbox tests say nothing about real production  Roll Eyes

You clearly do not understand the Block Tree design that Dan has explained numerous times over the past year+. For example "fork problems?"; Block Trees are designed to fork, it makes the system far more secure and will lead to a lighter wallet resource wise. Less data to process and store makes syncing less of an issue than you seem to think it is.

Yea tests have never been of any use to indicate real world performance for anything. o.0

Radix
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:57:59 PM

You clearly do not understand the Block Tree design that Dan has explained numerous times over the past year+. For example "fork problems?"; Block Trees are designed to fork, it makes the system far more secure and will lead to a lighter wallet resource wise. Less data to process and store makes syncing less of an issue than you seem to think it is.
Yea tests have never been of any use to indicate real world performance for anything. o.0
Syncing was great problem in previous open betas just after they were "tested" on 25 nodes. This is fact. With all that Trees design. So your argument is irrelevant.  Tongue
Btw, has Dan disprove cap theorem?  Grin
Iffy

Activity: 116

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:18:29 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 11:45:37 PM by Iffy

Syncing was great problem in previous open betas just after they were "tested" on 25 nodes. This is fact. With all that Trees design. So your argument is irrelevant.  Tongue
Btw, has Dan disprove cap theorem?  Grin

I just emphasized the operative part of your post. Yes there "was" a problem to start, this has been resolved during testing and development.

Firstly no, Dan has not disproved CAP theorem. The use of a block tree means that guaranteeing Consistency (all nodes see the same data at the same time) is not required. So long as a portion of nodes see a portion of the same data at the same time all is good.

Secondly, block tree's allow HIGH Partition tolerance because a block tree is allowed to be partitioned, (or forked in lay terms).

Hence the only guarantee we need to provide as per CAP theorem is availability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAP_theorem

Radix
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: