Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:16:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SSD] Sonic - 1st TOR with functional anon send - Steganography based Anon App  (Read 284850 times)
Voltarius

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Mercurial

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:59:32 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 02:55:11 AM by Voltarius

Why not a Doctor who coin while we are at it.

Or a Dalek coin, or a Cybermen coin.

Probably because if it ever got popular enough, the BBC would tell us to change the name, kind of like what happened to TAKcoin.

The name SonicScrewdriver implies that it it's a useful tool with lots of power, so I think it fits perfectly.
zeerobje

Activity: 326

SHPING Presale:22-31 JAN / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:17:41 PM

For me it's great to in ssd what i want to say: Wanneer je in een cryptomunt wilt stappen dan is ssd de juiste keus. nu ben ik er ook klaar mee ik `zit 1.5 jaar in crypto. En inderdaad in de eerste half jaar heb ik 4 btc verloren, is dit verlies het is les geld nu zet ik 100% in op ssd als ik het mis heb ga ik uit Crypto...SSD het is iets om niet te vergeten voor mij het is is de kroon op mijn tijd en investeringen in Crypto... Dev Thanks.. 
lpl258

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:13:51 PM

For me it's great to in ssd what i want to say: Wanneer je in een cryptomunt wilt stappen dan is ssd de juiste keus. nu ben ik er ook klaar mee ik `zit 1.5 jaar in crypto. En inderdaad in de eerste half jaar heb ik 4 btc verloren, is dit verlies het is les geld nu zet ik 100% in op ssd als ik het mis heb ga ik uit Crypto...SSD het is iets om niet te vergeten voor mij het is is de kroon op mijn tijd en investeringen in Crypto... Dev Thanks.. 
Yes, exactly I feel the same way.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:21:26 PM

I'm a little surprised at the amount of the selloff.  I think people will regret not having a little more faith in argakiig.

They will feel the regret as they are buying back in at a loss.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
lpl258

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

I'm a little surprised at the amount of the selloff.  I think people will regret not having a little more faith in argakiig.

They will feel the regret as they are buying back in at a loss.

Heres about how the story will go...
"If I bought this coin right here... I could of made so much.."

crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:37:00 PM

Yea but look at the buy/sell support! Once the app is released/testing complete we will easily see a new high. Only 1.45 btc of SSD for sale ATM at bittrex.

Now only 1.2 in the sell column

lpl258

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:51:24 AM

Yea but look at the buy/sell support! Once the app is released/testing complete we will easily see a new high. Only 1.45 btc of SSD for sale ATM at bittrex.

Now only 1.2 in the sell column
That's 1.2 as far as we can see. There maybe like 20 btc staked at 1.8 that you can't see.

coinme.info

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:44:41 AM

I'm happy to have picked up a load more in that dump with my cheeky low buy.

Sometimes traders liquidate coins at silly prices if they need some BTC to get in to another coin that they think will pump so most likely some are doing that rather than any negative news about SSD prompting a sell off.

Other than a little slippage on the app, everything else is on track so I'm not worried about the current price.

Keep up the good work argakiig.
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:29:36 AM

Could somebody give me an idea of how TimeVortex works? Huh I'd like to know more if anybody knows. Thanks

I also would like further explanation and a white paper

edit: tx42, was you a beta tester? Could you say something about time vortex?

TimeVortex v.2 is already built into the qt. You generate a new address and select time vortex address. You then give this address to whoever. They send SSD to that address and the receiving address is created uniquely per transaction. Using the magic of cryptography your wallet knows you own the TimeVortex address and how to read transactions to see if the address that was sent to is yours or not.
Does that make sense?
I have been busy or I would have written up a better explaination

I appreciate it, maybe when you get more time, or maybe somebody else can offer an explanation. What advantages or disadvantages does this have over other solutions of some of the other currencies.
tx42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:05:48 AM

I appreciate it, maybe when you get more time, or maybe somebody else can offer an explanation. What advantages or disadvantages does this have over other solutions of some of the other currencies.

At present the most adopted anonymous system is CryptoNote. It suffers badly from blockchain bloat, so it is expensive in terms of storage and bandwidth. Bytecoin and monero as they presently exist will be unuseable in 3 or 4 years, especially if adoption increases. Boolberry relies on "pruning" to address this problem, but it still exists because the memory-expensive ring signatures can't be pruned until the coins have been spent. One way around this problem is to "expire" coins and then prune on expiration--but as you can imagine, do you want to wake up one day and see your nest egg disappear just to save some guy some harddrive space? StealthCoin seeks to address this problem using "sublinear" signatures, but they really only defer the problem because, for a typical ring size, it only reduces by a constant factor (about 2/3 reduction for the typical scenario). That's actually an amazing improvement, if it can be done, but it doesn't solve the problem completely.

The other solution to very strong anonymity is zerocoin/zerocash, which is still vaporware. It is promised for anoncoin, but as yet undelivered. It has a very real problem that some information required to seed the so-called Merkle tree needs to be destroyed. These systems therefore trust a "third party" (non-participant) to seed the Merkle tree and then destroy the information completely. The problem with zerocoin/zerocash, therefore is this aspect of trust.

The third solution is stealth addresses, which actually provide very good anonymity. A stealth address hides the recipient of a transaction completely. It does not hide the sender, though, so it leaks a lot of information about the transaction. But if you are missing every other dot in a transaction chain, it becomes very hard to connect them to make a clear picture. A huge advantage that stealth address transactions have over the other systems is that they require no more storage than a bitcoin transaction. So stealth addresses are a compromise, but in reality an excellent compromise. These work perfectly in SSD.

SSD is unique in that it is the first coin that offers anonymous transactions (stealth addresses) with anonymous networking (tor). Because of that combination, I call it the "most anonymous coin". That's a qualitative assessment, but in my opinion it is a fair one.

I hope that helps. And if I didn't convince you, feel free to dump into my buy orders.

OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:22:08 AM

SSD is unique in that it is the first coin that offers anonymous transactions (stealth addresses) with anonymous networking (tor). Because of that combination, I call it the "most anonymous coin". That's a qualitative assessment, but in my opinion it is a fair one.

I hope that helps. And if I didn't convince you, feel free to dump into my buy orders.

Apart from block chain bloat, Is SSD better than XMR in anonymity?

If we combine XMR with Tor, is it better?
tx42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:08:27 AM

Apart from block chain bloat, Is SSD better than XMR in anonymity?

If we combine XMR with Tor, is it better?

If you combine Tor with CryptoNote (BBR is the best CryptoNote, technically), then you have pretty much ultimate anonymity. But it is not sustainable with CryptoNote at the moment because it is too demanding of storage.

In the end, the decision will be one of compromises. Both CryptoNote and SSD provide "plausible deniability" levels of anonymity, which may be enough for most users who want to protect privacy and identity. CryptoNote can provide "military grade" anonymity that would probably be appropriate for governments to use if they needed an anonymous transaction system.

Given that they both provide excellent privacy protection, in the end, the value of either will be tied to their ease of use, ease of implementation, and ubiquity, not simply to which provides the hardest-core anon.

OrientA

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:28:58 AM

My main concern is that the PoW period is too short and the emission is too big for the initial launch days.

If another coin offers similar feature, but with much longer PoW period (ideally no PoS), such as 10 year half life. I might join.
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:04:36 AM

My main concern is that the PoW period is too short and the emission is too big for the initial launch days.

If another coin offers similar feature, but with much longer PoW period (ideally no PoS), such as 10 year half life. I might join.

Why does it matter POW is long since over, so matters not. The coin is well distributed and has a solid dev working.
OrientA

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:18:19 PM

so we can have 10 years of miners dumping new coins on exchange at barely above cost like every other proof of work coin including bitcoin? no thanks

What do you think of the 15 days PoW mining cost of SSD? If it is low, then it is profitable to dump at low price.
rentodev

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

romad.io - community manager

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:30:50 PM

in PoW period there were many hundreds of TH/s used to mine this coin + rewards were halving quite fast! Don't think it was cheap to mine this coin! (maybe only for very early adopters when diff was low and block rewards were high)
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:28:42 PM

lmao
tx42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:45:35 PM

No coin has been around for 10 years, so how that could be a criterion for you is beyond me. But ok.

tx42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:47:16 PM

lmao

Bobsurplus slow dumping on you hype fools.

Monday this will be trading at 3.5 to 4k sat. lol

A week later and your stupid predictions are proven false, you lying scammer.

J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:52:06 PM

lmao

Bobsurplus slow dumping on you hype fools.

Monday this will be trading at 3.5 to 4k sat. lol

A week later and your stupid predictions are proven false, you lying scammer.

lol how is sonic ssscrewd doing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: