Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:04:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask TF thread  (Read 21571 times)
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:30:51 PM

How many hours of programming would the 10.68 btc you owe me get me?
If you want hourly billing, I bill at US$100 / hr. I'll happily exchange 10.68 BTC of CoinLenders debt for 5.34 BTC of services credit.

That's not quite what I had in mind, more like I get 10.68 btc worth of services credit, since that is the amount I had on the site and was lost (aka I am entitled to the full amount), and we use an exchange rate that is not today's (since you have been essentially holding the coins for quite a while and the exchange rate has fluctuated quite a bit), I was thinking closer to 400 or 500 dollars per coin.

In exchange, I will consider your debt to me completely absolved and will no longer pursue legal or any other actions against said debt.  I will not charge additional interest or penalties on the time the coins will held.  If the site is finished prior to my amount running out, the full amount will be considered repaid.  I will have some buddies review all code of the website, and anything they deem to be "funny business' will make our contract null and void and I will still be owed the full amount, regardless of how much work was performed.

I dunno man. I don't think you are in a position to bargain here, you are lucky he's offering anything at all. Plenty of people have tried to come to compromises with him, this is the first time I've seen him even toy with the idea of doing that, usually his response is basically "lolno".

no, he has always said he will do programming as compensation, and I would hardly call this bargaining.  He stole/lost/whatever you want to call it 10.68 bitcoin from me, why on earth would I let that debt go for half of what he lost.  Imagine if anyone said you loaned me $1000, I lost it in the stock market, but I will do $500 in services for you, I suppose if you don't believe there is any other recourse that could be an option, but usually things like this eventually catch up to people, and then I, as I assume many, will be waiting.

That being said, TF, if your willing to trade my debt for 22 hours of programming time.  So (10 btc X $220)/$100 per hour (less than what you owe me and lower than the exchange rate) or finish my website, whichever comes first, I would consider my debt squared.  I have an idea, and I would like to get an idea of what it would take to program before finishing up on an agreement.
He is now well over a year "late" in allowing you to withdraw your money. Generally speaking debt will trade/sell for pennies on the dollar when it becomes 180 days late, and sells at significant discounts when it is 90 days late. He is offering you 50 cents on the dollar (or 25 cents on the dollar if you want it denominated in dollars - which is really not realistic).

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:15:52 AM

If you want hourly billing, I bill at US$100 / hr. I'll happily exchange 10.68 BTC of CoinLenders debt for 5.34 BTC of services credit.

That's not quite what I had in mind, more like I get 10.68 btc worth of services credit, since that is the amount I had on the site and was lost (aka I am entitled to the full amount), and we use an exchange rate that is not today's (since you have been essentially holding the coins for quite a while and the exchange rate has fluctuated quite a bit), I was thinking closer to 400 or 500 dollars per coin.

In exchange, I will consider your debt to me completely absolved and will no longer pursue legal or any other actions against said debt.  I will not charge additional interest or penalties on the time the coins will held.  If the site is finished prior to my amount running out, the full amount will be considered repaid.  I will have some buddies review all code of the website, and anything they deem to be "funny business' will make our contract null and void and I will still be owed the full amount, regardless of how much work was performed.

I dunno man. I don't think you are in a position to bargain here, you are lucky he's offering anything at all. Plenty of people have tried to come to compromises with him, this is the first time I've seen him even toy with the idea of doing that, usually his response is basically "lolno".

no, he has always said he will do programming as compensation, and I would hardly call this bargaining.  He stole/lost/whatever you want to call it 10.68 bitcoin from me, why on earth would I let that debt go for half of what he lost.  Imagine if anyone said you loaned me $1000, I lost it in the stock market, but I will do $500 in services for you, I suppose if you don't believe there is any other recourse that could be an option, but usually things like this eventually catch up to people, and then I, as I assume many, will be waiting.

That being said, TF, if your willing to trade my debt for 22 hours of programming time.  So (10 btc X $220)/$100 per hour (less than what you owe me and lower than the exchange rate) or finish my website, whichever comes first, I would consider my debt squared.  I have an idea, and I would like to get an idea of what it would take to program before finishing up on an agreement.
He is now well over a year "late" in allowing you to withdraw your money. Generally speaking debt will trade/sell for pennies on the dollar when it becomes 180 days late, and sells at significant discounts when it is 90 days late. He is offering you 50 cents on the dollar (or 25 cents on the dollar if you want it denominated in dollars - which is really not realistic).

Notice how I did not respond to your post, there was a reason for that.  What you have written is garbage and does not, in any way, contribute to the discussion at hand.  Your completely working off of premises, same as I, so what is the point of even posting them?  Its funny that how when people get behind a computer they are oh so willing to spill their entire, "opinion" because they are anonymous.  I am not debating with you about the issue and what you think he owes anyone.  I know what is owed to me, and will not be satisfied until the original amount is returned or we come to some comparable agreement, whether or not you believe either side of that is possible is really no concern of mine.  Feel free to tend to your own finances as you see fit, and I will continue to do mine.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:16:51 AM

Notice how I did not respond to your post, there was a reason for that.  What you have written is garbage and does not, in any way, contribute to the discussion at hand.  Your completely working off of premises, same as I, so what is the point of even posting them?  Its funny that how when people get behind a computer they are oh so willing to spill their entire, "opinion" because they are anonymous.  I am not debating with you about the issue and what you think he owes anyone.  I know what is owed to me, and will not be satisfied until the original amount is returned or we come to some comparable agreement, whether or not you believe either side of that is possible is really no concern of mine.  Feel free to tend to your own finances as you see fit, and I will continue to do mine.
I did notice that.

I also think you will be waiting for a very long time.

G-Fire

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 11:25:15 PM

Hey TF, you owe me ~3.384 BTC. Any suggestions?
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:10:14 AM

TF owes me 72 btc (coinlenders scam)

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:15:24 PM

Well done on GCI! Hopefully none of your changes get hacked Cheesy

What's gci?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:57:56 PM

DebitMe: Inasmuch as you think I have your 10.68 BTC, I do not. I consider my owed obligations to you 0 BTC, while you consider it 10.68 BTC. I'm offering you a compromise at the halfway point.

Same offer, 1.692 BTC of development work.

Thanks Cheesy
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:25:47 AM

DebitMe: Inasmuch as you think I have your 10.68 BTC, I do not. I consider my owed obligations to you 0 BTC, while you consider it 10.68 BTC. I'm offering you a compromise at the halfway point.

Same offer, 1.692 BTC of development work.

Thanks Cheesy

How about this...you hear my idea for a website I want, if you can finish it within the time you believe you owe me, we call it good.  Otherwise we can forget this conversation happened for now.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:06:48 AM

How about this...you hear my idea for a website I want, if you can finish it within the time you believe you owe me, we call it good.  Otherwise we can forget this conversation happened for now.
Sure.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:10:44 AM

Sure.

How should I get in contact? Do you tstill have PM's blocked?

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:18:30 AM

Email Smiley
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:17:29 AM

Thanks Cheesy

Still what's GCI?
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:31:20 PM

Email Smiley

Email Sent

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:30:25 PM

Quote from: DebitMe
Quote from: $username

Reply to reply to email sent.

Can you guys get a room or something?
ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:31:59 PM

You had posted negative trust on tspacepilot that he defrauded coinchat. Do you have any evidence of him doing so? If so can you post such evidence?
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:18:05 AM

You had posted negative trust on tspacepilot that he defrauded coinchat. Do you have any evidence of him doing so? If so can you post such evidence?

Fun that ACCTseller is doing everything he can to troll me on every possible thread.  If you've really got sherlock skills, you'll find the long-ass thread on Meta where me, tradefortress, saltyspitoon and others hash it all out (approximately 2.5 years ago, I'd guess)
ACCTseller

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:23:48 AM

Fun that ACCTseller is doing everything he can to troll me on every possible thread.  If you've really got sherlock skills, you'll find the long-ass thread on Meta where me, tradefortress, saltyspitoon and others hash it all out (approximately 2.5 years ago, I'd guess)
Why don't you post a link to the thread if you really are confident that you did not do anything wrong?
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:42:27 AM

Why don't you post a link to the thread if you really are confident that you did not do anything wrong?

Because I've got better things to do than look back through 3 years of posts on bitcointalk just to help you troll me.  (Don't you?)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:00:11 PM

TL;DR: he made a bot that copied stuff from wikipedia or something to collect the free BTC, and defrauded coins.

here's an email exchange where he wastes my time.

tspacepilot banned
14 messages
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM
To: admin@glados.cc
Hi admin,

I seem to have been banned from coinchat.  What a shame, I was having such a lovely time.  Can I ask what happened?

--TSpace
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
To: JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>

#Spacechat
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
To: gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>
Hi admin,

In #spacechat, I was trying to test out a bot.  What was the problem?

In any case, I enjoyed the site a lot and had a lot of fun chatting with others and playing with moobot.  If you don't want me around anymore, that's ok, I'll get over it.

I guess I might remind you that I asked several times about whether there were any rules I should know about.  You never got back to me on that.  Seems like I've broken some rule or made you angry in some way.

Still not sure what went wrong.

Best,
--TSpace
[Quoted text hidden]
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I know you know what the problem is, I'm not interested in BSing, but if you want to come back you'll need to return all the BTC you've withdrawn since you started running the bot.
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Sounds good.  I think here's where I'm confused:

a) I don't know what the rules are
b) You are suggesting that I owe you something

If you can address (a) then I could be sure not to break these rules again.  Without knowing what the rules are it's hard to know that I'm not breaking them.  Without (b) it's hard to know what you think I owe you or how you came to that conclusion.

Can you be more specific about (a) and (b)?

Best,
Tspace
[Quoted text hidden]
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM
a) Bots must be run from a specially designated bot account that does not earn tips.

b) Common sense tells you that the mBTC you've obtained from the bot is fraudulent, and it may also have infringed the copyright of whatever site you copied it from, as you were using it for a commercial purpose.

I'm not interested in wasting my time with BSing with you. You know exactly what you did wrong, and if you play dumb it's the last time I'll be talking to you.
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Below:

On 08/29/2013 04:11 PM, gladoscc wrote:

a) Bots must be run from a specially designated bot account that does not
    earn tips.

That sounds fair, it's the first I've heard of it.  Is this the only rule?  Is it posted somewhere?  Is there a list of rules I can read and know about so that if we were to resolve our differences (sounding less likely given your tone) that I could be sure not to make you angry again.

b) Common sense tells you that the mBTC you've obtained from the bot is
    fraudulent,

I think that "fraud" is defined by juridical/legislative/governmental process, not "common sense".  Seems like you want to accuse me of something, but you won't go ahead and say what it is that you want to say.  Not sure why you're being evasive.

and it may also have infringed the copyright of whatever site
    you copied it from, as you were using it for a commercial purpose.

I haven't copied anything.  I'm not sure what you mean here.  Several times you and I had conversations about your API and I told you that I was working on a bot.  I'm a relatively good programmer, and I enjoyed learning about node.js and experimenting with robots on your site. Given that I discussed what I was doing with you several times, I'm not sure why you're trying to accuse me of copying or "commercial purposes".  What sort of commerce to you suppose I'm involved in?  I'm not sure where you're going with this.

For all your crytic allegations here, you still haven't talked about how much you think I owe you or how you arrived at that number.  From what I can tell, your site gives out BTC for chatting.  I got some of that BTC and now you want it back.  Please let me know what I'm missing.

*I'm not interested in wasting my time with BSing with you. You know
    exactly what you did wrong, and if you play dumb it's the last time I'll be
    talking to you.*

Also not interested in wasting time.  Seems like you got angry about something and you don't want to discuss it plainly.  If you change your mind, I'm all ears.  I really did enjoy your site and the community there.

Best,
tspacepilot
[Quoted text hidden]
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM
The site gives you free mBTC for *chatting*, not for bots.

See here for a list of the rules http://glados.cc/coinchat.html

You've withdrawn 213 mBTC (0.213 BTC) after your first withdraw, and that is the amount you need to send back if you would like to be unbanned from coinchat.
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Thanks this reply is much more to the point Smiley

On 08/29/2013 04:23 PM, gladoscc wrote:

I will review these rules.  Thanks!

You've withdrawn 213 mBTC (0.213 BTC) after your first withdraw, and that
    is the amount you need to send back if you would like to be unbanned from
    coinchat.

Well, I don't believe that's correct, a very small percentage of my chatting was autogenerated and none of it was done with bad intentions.
Secondarily, I only started experimenting with autogenerated chatting over the last week, and I think I've been a member for over a month.

Oh well, it seems my love affair with coinchat was brief and passionate.

Best of luck in your endeavors.  If you ever change your mind...

tspacepilot

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM, JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>wrote:

Below:

earn tips.

That sounds fair, it's the first I've heard of it.  Is this the only rule?
          Is it posted somewhere?  Is there a list of rules I can read and know
        about so that if we were to resolve our differences (sounding less likely
        given your tone) that I could be sure not to make you angry again.

fraudulent,

I think that "fraud" is defined by juridical/legislative/**governmental
        [Quoted text hidden]

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM, JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.**com<traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>

wrote:

If you can address (a) then I could be sure not to break these rules
                again.  Without knowing what the rules are it's hard to know that I'm not
                breaking them.  Without (b) it's hard to know what you think I owe you or
                how you came to that conclusion.

Best,
                Tspace

On 08/29/2013 04:01 PM, gladoscc wrote:

I know you know what the problem is, I'm not interested in BSing, but if

you want to come back you'll need to return all the BTC you've withdrawn
                    since you started running the bot.

JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I reviewed the rules.  It certainly would have been helpful to have seen this *before* you banned me.

Also, nice style on that page.  I really like the notepad.

I'd look forward to coming back if you ever want to unban me.

Best,
Tspacepilot

coinchat.

Below:

earn tips.

fraudulent,

[Quoted text hidden]

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM, JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.**com<traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>

wrote:

Best,
                Tspace

gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Return the BTC if you want to be unbanned.
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Emailing with you is a little like chatting with a bot.  How do I know this exchange isn't automated.  Smiley

Cheers!

(gladoscc replies: 'return the BTC or be destroyed!')
ACCTseller

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:13:17 PM

TL;DR: he made a bot that copied stuff from wikipedia or something to collect the free BTC, and defrauded coins.

here's an email exchange where he wastes my time.

tspacepilot banned
14 messages
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM
To: admin@glados.cc
Hi admin,

I seem to have been banned from coinchat.  What a shame, I was having such a lovely time.  Can I ask what happened?

--TSpace
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM

#Spacechat
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Hi admin,

In #spacechat, I was trying to test out a bot.  What was the problem?

In any case, I enjoyed the site a lot and had a lot of fun chatting with others and playing with moobot.  If you don't want me around anymore, that's ok, I'll get over it.

I guess I might remind you that I asked several times about whether there were any rules I should know about.  You never got back to me on that.  Seems like I've broken some rule or made you angry in some way.

Still not sure what went wrong.

Best,
--TSpace
[Quoted text hidden]
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I know you know what the problem is, I'm not interested in BSing, but if you want to come back you'll need to return all the BTC you've withdrawn since you started running the bot.
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

If you can address (a) then I could be sure not to break these rules again.  Without knowing what the rules are it's hard to know that I'm not breaking them.  Without (b) it's hard to know what you think I owe you or how you came to that conclusion.

Best,
Tspace
[Quoted text hidden]
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM
a) Bots must be run from a specially designated bot account that does not earn tips.

b) Common sense tells you that the mBTC you've obtained from the bot is fraudulent, and it may also have infringed the copyright of whatever site you copied it from, as you were using it for a commercial purpose.

I'm not interested in wasting my time with BSing with you. You know exactly what you did wrong, and if you play dumb it's the last time I'll be talking to you.
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Below:

earn tips.

That sounds fair, it's the first I've heard of it.  Is this the only rule?  Is it posted somewhere?  Is there a list of rules I can read and know about so that if we were to resolve our differences (sounding less likely given your tone) that I could be sure not to make you angry again.

fraudulent,

I think that "fraud" is defined by juridical/legislative/governmental process, not "common sense".  Seems like you want to accuse me of something, but you won't go ahead and say what it is that you want to say.  Not sure why you're being evasive.

and it may also have infringed the copyright of whatever site
    you copied it from, as you were using it for a commercial purpose.

I haven't copied anything.  I'm not sure what you mean here.  Several times you and I had conversations about your API and I told you that I was working on a bot.  I'm a relatively good programmer, and I enjoyed learning about node.js and experimenting with robots on your site. Given that I discussed what I was doing with you several times, I'm not sure why you're trying to accuse me of copying or "commercial purposes".  What sort of commerce to you suppose I'm involved in?  I'm not sure where you're going with this.

For all your crytic allegations here, you still haven't talked about how much you think I owe you or how you arrived at that number.  From what I can tell, your site gives out BTC for chatting.  I got some of that BTC and now you want it back.  Please let me know what I'm missing.

*I'm not interested in wasting my time with BSing with you. You know
    exactly what you did wrong, and if you play dumb it's the last time I'll be
    talking to you.*

Also not interested in wasting time.  Seems like you got angry about something and you don't want to discuss it plainly.  If you change your mind, I'm all ears.  I really did enjoy your site and the community there.

Best,
tspacepilot
[Quoted text hidden]
gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM

You've withdrawn 213 mBTC (0.213 BTC) after your first withdraw, and that is the amount you need to send back if you would like to be unbanned from coinchat.
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Thanks this reply is much more to the point Smiley

I will review these rules.  Thanks!

coinchat.

Well, I don't believe that's correct, a very small percentage of my chatting was autogenerated and none of it was done with bad intentions.
Secondarily, I only started experimenting with autogenerated chatting over the last week, and I think I've been a member for over a month.

Oh well, it seems my love affair with coinchat was brief and passionate.

Best of luck in your endeavors.  If you ever change your mind...

tspacepilot

Below:

earn tips.

fraudulent,

[Quoted text hidden]

wrote:

Best,
                Tspace

JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I reviewed the rules.  It certainly would have been helpful to have seen this *before* you banned me.

Also, nice style on that page.  I really like the notepad.

I'd look forward to coming back if you ever want to unban me.

Best,
Tspacepilot

coinchat.

Below:

earn tips.

fraudulent,

[Quoted text hidden]

wrote:

Best,
                Tspace

gladoscc <admin@glados.cc>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Return the BTC if you want to be unbanned.
[Quoted text hidden]
JC <traditional.spacepilot@gmail.com>   Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Emailing with you is a little like chatting with a bot.  How do I know this exchange isn't automated.  Smiley

Cheers!

(gladoscc replies: 'return the BTC or be destroyed!')

Thanks for the info. However his arrogance in the situation allowed me to find a thread where he essentially admitted to scamming you/coinchat. He still denies the allegations and is trying to weasel his way out of being held responsibility however he is now labeled a scammer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: