Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem With Simplecoin Frontend BTC Bounty Upped from .003 to 0.15610457  (Read 1734 times)
kingkatari (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 08:34:42 PM

Well i installed simplecoin since i am starting a new ( and for right now Private Mining Pool ) and I am running into issues with not being able to register new users and the site not accessing the Database at all, it tells me the reg was sucsessful but upon trying to login i am unable to get in

if someone can help me out with the setup of simplecoin i would be willing to to pay some BTC ( what little i have which is 0.01387628 but you can have it if you can get me up and running )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:35:02 PM

You do realize that 0.03 BTC is worth about 15 cents.  Kinda insulting to even offer a bounty that low.
If you don't have more than 15 cents to invest I would recommend against trying to create a new mining pool.

No I am not looking for a larger bounty just pointing out the lunacy of it.
kingkatari (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 11:20:24 PM

the bounty is also applies if someone can point me to the actual tech support thread for simplecoin i have searched and not found one
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:22:16 PM

This should be the thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=13164.240

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
kingkatari (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 02:35:12 PM

Sorry bounty already collected

Thanks tho for the link
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 02:49:16 PM

the simplecoin version that is available to the public has a lot of bugs in it - it should not of even been released in the state it is in now

some people have made half assed attempts at fixing it up but its just not going to work for a production pool

one of the major problems that will require a good deal of work to fix is the fact that if the pool actually does find a block it does not update the front end or database to reflect that found block, it also does not credit anyones account or allows them to get paid

this entire mechanism is broken

there are also all kinds of little things that are broken too, a lot of the cronjobs dont work, all kinds of stuff

I highly advise against using this front end for anything
kingkatari (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 05:22:36 PM

What is a good and stable frontend then to use on a production server?
cablepair

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 05:52:59 PM

heh there really are no open source turn key pool front ends that dont have problems, not that I know of.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 05:57:03 PM

A good LAMP stack and about 1500 hours of work should get your started.  I speak from experience.

But seriously, if you have to ask that question you should not be running a pool, it's just a simple fact of life.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
cablepair

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 06:07:07 PM

A good LAMP stack and about 1500 hours of work should get your started.  I speak from experience.

But seriously, if you have to ask that question you should not be running a pool, it's just a simple fact of life.

hes right, besides there are no open source front ends that are suitable for running a public production pool

kingkatari (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 07:27:28 PM

Ok if there is no open source ones what is a good one to buy or can you point me in the direction of somebody who can design 1 for me
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 07:30:35 PM

What kind of money are we talking about, here?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 07:34:58 PM

Well i installed simplecoin since i am starting a new ( and for right now Private Mining Pool ) and I am running into issues with not being able to register new users and the site not accessing the Database at all, it tells me the reg was sucsessful but upon trying to login i am unable to get in

if someone can help me out with the setup of simplecoin i would be willing to to pay some BTC ( what little i have which is 0.01387628 but you can have it if you can get me up and running )

When I read this I get the goosebumps.

Sounds like another one of the mu5stang / a1bitcoinpool type of pools ...

As said before in this thread, running a pool is a 24/7 job for professionals and not something to be done in your mom's garage.

I just hope some other poor souls don't get trapped ( like I did before, myself ) in your schemes ( be they malicious or not ).
kingkatari (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 12:11:59 AM

I am willing to put in the time and effort to run the Pool, I have no malicious intent, i have been scammed myself in the past ( not anything related to bitcoins ) and if you check in the Mining/pools forum you will see that i am trying to find out what the general consensus is to fees and what people want to see a pool have for it's members.

I want to run a pool where i can make sure that my members are having fun mining for me, where i can give back for making the pool successful by giving bonuses during ( Hot Hour = certain time frames that if a block is found the member who found it gets a extra 0.5 bit coins or something ) 

I am trying to come up and think of ways that i can reward people for using the pool above the standard ( ok you submited X shares you get X bit coins ) I want my pool to become a hot spot for Bitcoin ideas
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 12:18:12 AM

Ugh... I'm not going to harp on this subject; I've said it in other threads, I'll say it once more here and I'll try to refrain from commenting further:

If you have to ask those questions you should NOT, EVER, EVER think of running a public pool.  If you can't setup and operate a pool on your own, you are not qualified to run a pool.  You are dealing with monetary instruments and people will get upset, very very quickly when something breaks. Something will break.  Lots of somethings will break and they will break repeatedly and often.  If you can not fix them on the spot, immediately, then you are going to catch 7 sorts of hell, you will be called many names and you will get frustrated.  You will then, after being called many things and not being able to solve your own problems, throw in the towel, probably stiffing the people who were conned into mining in the first place.  You may have good intentions, but good intentions don't run a pool properly, they only serve to get you in trouble.  You need the technical chops to run a pool first and foremost, anything after that is gravy.  People want a reliable pool and if you can't provide that yourself, your pool will fail.

cablepair

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 12:56:42 AM

Ugh... I'm not going to harp on this subject; I've said it in other threads, I'll say it once more here and I'll try to refrain from commenting further:

If you have to ask those questions you should NOT, EVER, EVER think of running a public pool.  If you can't setup and operate a pool on your own, you are not qualified to run a pool.  You are dealing with monetary instruments and people will get upset, very very quickly when something breaks. Something will break.  Lots of somethings will break and they will break repeatedly and often.  If you can not fix them on the spot, immediately, then you are going to catch 7 sorts of hell, you will be called many names and you will get frustrated.  You will then, after being called many things and not being able to solve your own problems, throw in the towel, probably stiffing the people who were conned into mining in the first place.  You may have good intentions, but good intentions don't run a pool properly, they only serve to get you in trouble.  You need the technical chops to run a pool first and foremost, anything after that is gravy.  People want a reliable pool and if you can't provide that yourself, your pool will fail.

+1 and the only thing I could add to that is running a public bitcoin mining pool is a full time job.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: