Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:35:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you want your BitCoins to buy?  (Read 1999 times)
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 06:44:02 AM

I like this thread and these ideas.  I personally think one of the main steps to setting up a true bitcoin economy would be to get some basic suppliers.  Those that sell raw goods such as woods or basic electronic components that are then sold for bitcoin to the next guy who turns them into something and sells that.  I think to really progress we have to start thinking about that whole eco-system.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SixthEnigma

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:56:33 PM

I believe a good start would be a store that deals in good that members of the community either produce themselves, trade themselves, or have a common interest in.  I for example make artisan tools like tomahawks and knives in a wood forge.  I have sold these for between $100.00 to $600.00.  A Bitcoin "etsy" would be great place to start, and it would be a great way to allow micro transactions to spread those BTC's around.

This is an important part of any currency's success. Right now, Bitcoin relies heavily on being transferred back to more used currencies because of how many purchases we make day to day with other currencies. We make those transactions in other currencies because there is no reasonable place to obtain those goods or services with Bitcoins.

Right now, the best thing for Bitcoin's stability and life is to try and rely on using Bitcoins only and not sell, but buy Bitcoins. This demand alone will produce positive impacts on Bitcoins.
Skyb86

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 04:50:40 PM

Personnaly i think most of the people here are investors here to make easy money from the stock exchange no ?
eurocashbtc

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 11:13:14 PM

Actually i'd like to be able to buy everything thats listed on amazon.com.

And food  Grin
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 01:02:20 AM

For everyone in this thread who can't seem to find a way to buy anything interesting with bitcoin, you're either not networking well enough or being creative enough.

We don't "need" merchants to accept Bitcoin - we need our friends, family, and coworkers to accept them.

I can't tell you how many times I've paid for lunch and dinner, bar tabs, purchased random products and paid for hotel rooms with bitcoins - to my friends after they have purchased what I needed with their shitty fiat/credit cards.

It's not the best solution, but if we all do this, eventually one of those "friends" is going to be a CEO of some big company and get his light bulb turned-the-f-on and get the ball rolling to take advantage of this system.

Network, think creatively, and dont be afraid to ask someone you know to take some Bitcoins for something they can purchase for you with fiat.

deus-ex-machina

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 01:47:37 AM

I don't get to explore enough, but I hope to find plenty of places that accept it. I'm the kind of person that wants it accepted as a currency of its own, without having to turn into a dollar.
Omnicoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 02:59:13 AM

Personnaly i think most of the people here are investors here to make easy money from the stock exchange no ?
I know i am
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:15:57 PM

Bookend to this thread:

The same type of question with more uses:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78755.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

drknow012

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Fairy Tale + Fact = Unregulated Virtual Currency!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 11:06:08 PM

bitcoins could buy invitation codes to private torrent sites, such as demonoid.me

(if any one wants one, pm me and i'll send you the info)

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Donations and Investors: 1F6yYdQ7rWVaH9Nqv7gbBw5FbZUuhL9smh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: