Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:55:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Beans Coffee Company Escrow Provided. Free coffee while it lasts!  (Read 9575 times)
Ron~Popeil (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:07:47 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 08:37:51 AM by Ron~Popeil

Bit Beans Coffee Company is now taking orders.

Who are we?

Bit Beans Coffee Company is a start up bitcoin business providing high quality freshly roasted coffee beans at a great price. We are located in a small mountain town in Western PA. Our ethics and values make the choice to sell coffee beans for crypto currency an easy one. We will not accept fiat currency in exchange for our beans. Our website is www.bitbeanscoffee.com.  

How are we different?

When a batch of beans is roasted, the flavor compounds begin to evaporate slowly into the air and are lost forever. Industrial coffee beans found in your average market have been sourced by companies looking for the lowest cost and then warehoused for weeks and months at a time by the roaster and then the store. This results inevitably in low quality coffee beans that are placed in a fancy bag or a bulk bin and sold as a "premium coffee."

Our beans are roasted to order by a well respected roaster in small batches and are literally still warm as they leave the roasting house to arrive at our door within 24 hours. We order small batches because our goal is for our coffee to arrive at your door step less than 7 days after roasting.  

How do we provide value?

Our coffee is priced to allow bitcoiners to have a good cup of coffee on a daily basis. We don't believe you should have to pay a premium to do business in this economy and our prices reflect that. We operate on a smaller profit margin because we believe that providing great coffee for a great price will not only benefit the bitcoin economy but also increase our sales volume through repeat business that over time will more than make up for a smaller than usual mark up.

How do we earn your trust?

We don't expect anyone to trust us right away. Relationships take time and these forums are filled with stories of scams and scam attempts. That's why have placed .5 bitcoin with a trusted escrow service on this forum. If you place an order and do not receive it you can file a claim with the escrow service for the full amount you paid. I will ask him to post in this thread to confirm the tx and arrangement. If at any point we have orders in process that add up to over .5 btc we will make an additional deposit.  

How does our order process work?  

You can place your order here in this thread by simply posting that you would like to order or you can order through our website form. If you post your order here I will reply with a payment address we can arrange shipping by private message or e-mail. If you place your order through the form on our website I will send an e-mail with the payment address and we can arrange shipping by e-mail.

Your information is only shared with our escrow service in case of a claim. Our website does not require registration so there is no database to be sold or hacked.

What future plans do we have?

Once we get through the proof of concept stage we will start adding some different blends and single source beans to our inventory. We are trying out an espresso roast now that will likely be on the site within a few weeks. We also plan to carry some equipment like french press and chemex brewers. If sales volume allows it we intend to increase our order size and pass even more savings on to our customers. As volume grows we plan to start talking with our suppliers about accepting bitcoin. It is a goal of ours for this to become a fully crypto currency business. In the mean time we will only exchange what we need to purchase inventory and supplies.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We invite you to take a look at our website and thank you for allowing us to serve your coffee needs.

Current Prices

House Blend

2 pounds shipping included

Kenyan AA

2 pounds Shipping included

Dark Espresso

2 pounds Shipping included  

You can place your order here by posting in this thread or at www.bitbeanscoffee.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:58:35 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

I am providing escrow services for BitBeans.

Let me know if you have any questions!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v0.3.1
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJT+3k+AAoJEFkJihs2GslbHzUIAKyCheRzAK+vQcVVqm6mP2Bw
30+jja9nmDVbzlxQM1yIlGf8+CImBeEIILwKjII8GFSkNpWtqgG3DqcLrlbsTM6r
5rzzBt8H9Nz0M6pe/H0t1+3LV3C6NfsFD62f+qzt53VXN0y7I6UUUEBXEG/B2ZU4
1guilxgg7L1ZS0dViakfxyAiWKMPt9G76Wi49brpt6nbtr/l6MsjRviGhM3HeRYP
qiD9Bha9OorJNDa0S3qAiXkxzWm2n0UOjt7HHmyaZFnpfr1ws0SQqDheV4QU+M0S
SKNZ8BgL1WldLAbIUexlzNXcrKsgWZlrBNh81n1+l0CHb7s9UbpC4rKB53+7EQM=
=XMK4
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:16:46 PM

Thanks Dev!

Just an update, based on the feedback about the site we are building shipping cost into the purchase price. If all of our orders are from out west it might become an issue, but for the sake of simplicity and until we get our permanent site built I will cover what ever extra costs we have for shipping.

So until we get a site that can calculate shipping automatically the cost you see on the site will be your total cost.

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:17:10 PM

Lesbian Cow please send .05 BTC to 15b8PxPcEY2bRk7TNukhtbH6Z8JfTRCMMt

You can send your shipping information to me via pm or e-mail to thomas@bitbeanscoffee.com

If payment gets there before 2 PM EST I will ship your order today.

Thank You!

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:31:34 PM

dentldir please send .05 btc to 1AvdKwLoxco253nDYAqyrSxLkGKxNr8CR3

I will send tracking information as soon as your order ships!

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

Payment received and confirmed! Will ship today! I will send a tracking number via private message as soon as I print your label.

Thanks for your business and please let us know what you think!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:24:13 AM

You can send your shipping information to me via pm or e-mail to thomas@bitbeanscoffee.com

Thank You!

Hi,

Payment sent:

0aa784ea547fc004be8944dc986c5f0deab44b4f8011b7e54809c4a1b3833f8e

Please ship to:

IN PM

Best of luck with your new venture.

Cheers,

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:38:26 AM

Thank You!

Hi,

Payment sent:

0aa784ea547fc004be8944dc986c5f0deab44b4f8011b7e54809c4a1b3833f8e

Please ship to:

IN PM

Best of luck with your new venture.

Cheers,

Thank you! Payment confirmed and your package will ship tomorrow.

I will send your tracking information via PM.

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:56:24 PM

Your orders have been shipped and tracking numbers sent. If you have questions or concerns feel free to post here or pm me if you prefer. If you have time I would appreciate it if you can confirm receipt when they come in.

Thanks!

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:31:31 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 07:00:44 PM by Ron~Popeil

I am excited to announce the addition of a new coffee bean to our product line.

Kenyan AA

This single origin coffee is designated as AA, Kenya's highest rating for bean size and quality. Grown in the the volcanic soil of Kenya, these beans have a sharp wine like flavor with a distinctive fruity tone to please even the toughest coffee aficionado. These beans are a light to medium roast to bring out subtle flavors.

Price: .07 2 lb shipped

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:14:42 PM

Updated and added a new Espresso Roast to the website:

Our Dark Espresso coffee brings a rich and heavy flavor ideal for espresso or iced coffee. This custom blend of South American, Indian, and Indonesian beans are very dark in color and have that oily sheen that espresso fans crave.

I am mulling over the idea of organic fair trade coffees as well. If enough people are interested we can do an escrowed order at a pretty good price. If enough people are interested I can get the price down around .06 per 2 pounds.     

Cream

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:09:25 PM

Does the shipping available internationally?I mean anywhere possibly around the world.Say I wanna send some to someone as a gift who belongs to another country then?
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:35:33 PM

Does the shipping available internationally?I mean anywhere possibly around the world.Say I wanna send some to someone as a gift who belongs to another country then?

I will ship internationally. Let me know what you would like and I will check pricing to see what we can do.

Thanks!

dentldir

Activity: 333

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:57:11 PM

Payment received and confirmed! Will ship today! I will send a tracking number via private message as soon as I print your label.

Item received yesterday as ordered.  I will try it this weekend and post a review.

Thanks!

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:25:36 AM

Item received yesterday as ordered.  I will try it this weekend and post a review.

Thanks!

Enjoy! I look forward to you review! Thanks again for your business.

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:37:15 AM

That is an awesome tool! Thank you!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:04:20 AM

Coffee arrived 1 or 2 days after ordering ( I was away so not sure).  Tracking number was sent the day I ordered.  Very smooth transaction.  

Have not yet tried but will update once I finish the beans I currently have on hand.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:59:19 AM

Coffee arrived 1 or 2 days after ordering ( I was away so not sure).  Tracking number was sent the day I ordered.  Very smooth transaction.  

Have not yet tried but will update once I finish the beans I currently have on hand.

Thanks for the update! I know it isn't your usual type of coffee so I appreciate your order very much!

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:02:19 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 10:03:55 PM by Ron~Popeil

you can sell on coincola.com, the multisig marketplace. it make transactions easy for both seller and buyer.

Thanks for the link! I registered there but can't seem to upload my logo. I don't have any photo editing skills so I will have to get my logo resized by someone before I can use it.

I do have a store front at bit dazzle now. The address is https://bitdazzle.com/shop/bit-beans-coffee-company

For international orders contact me via pm. If we process those orders manually the shipping cost is a bit lower.

In the US the shipping cost is a flat rate that will be added at checkout.

As always orders can be placed here in the thread, at www.bitbeanscoffee.com or via private message.

Thanks!

dentldir

Activity: 333

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:52:05 PM

Bitbeans House Blend Review

My package of 2lbs of Bitbeans House Blend arrived a couple of days after I ordered.  The transaction was smooth and payment information was communicated on this forum and was covered by escrow. 

The coffee arrived in two unmarked shiny gray bags.  The bags were filled to the to top with barely enough room to squeeze to let some air escape.  Included in the package were some grinding instructions for different brewing methods (drip vs. french press).

Upon opening the first bag, I was greeted with the familiar aroma of delicious roasted coffee beans.  If I had to compare the aroma with beans available at the store, I would say they reminiscent of "Dunkin Donuts" original blend more so than say "Starbucks" original.  I ground my beans as instructed on a medium coarse burr grind for my drip coffee maker.

As the batch was dripping, my wife (an ex-barista) said that it smelled like a real coffee shop in the kitchen.  A good sign to be sure.  We poured our cups and fixed them as we normally do.

The flavor was rich and delicious.  The smoothness and balance of flavors were two predominant features of this blend.  It had low acidity and was not bitter at all.  Imagine if Dunkin Donuts made a Gourmet Blend that was only available in small batches.  That is the best way I can describe it using familiar comparisons.

The caffeine levels seemed to be a bit lower than other blends.  I wasn't wired after two mugs as I sometimes am.  This is a plus for me as I drink a lot of coffee and end up making custom fractional half-caffs often.

This a one smooth house blend.  The fact that this coffee is available for BTC is just another plus in its favor and not a gimmick.  It would stand on its own among gourmet beans from any shop.

Cheers.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: