Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapest electricity in the world  (Read 43806 times)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:33:53 PM

Have you considered solar power? You could create a free to run miner that only runs during the day.

Solar isn't free.

Tell you what I'll sell you all the free solar you want.
You pay me $10,000 per KW upfront and I will provide you lifetime "free" power.
How many "free" KW you want to buy right now?
solar power is good for a long-term option for power

waste of time thinking that solar are a better investment, you pay basically electricity in advance

what is matter is cheap electricity but also the initial investment, you cna invest big in miners and solar but you need to selle evrything later, fi you want a fast and big profit, with little risk

Solar is so long term it's practically more of a investment on the house it's on.   It could be 10 years before you get it back.  And if your using a lot of BTC miners the cost of it can be huge.

The person that wins every time is the one who finds cheap electricity.  Cheap electricity always will win out over solar/wind/ etc.

Well the efficiency of the solar/wind plants is very questionable. Solar energy is good if you live in a very sunny area but even then people use it for water heater for example, definitely not to power up Bitcoin miners.

This is not a dependable way of producing electricity, you cannot be 100% sure that you will have it tomorrow. Like that it's also completely unsuitable for mining where first thing to be profitable, you have to have your miners on 24/7.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drewski

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:29:30 AM

Well, you could always tap into your neighbor's line.... that would probably be the cheapest.  But other than that, the cheapest may be to start a company and register as commercial.  Most places have a preferential commercial rate.  Obviously this has other overhead costs as well.  There's no such thing as a free lunch.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:57:51 AM

Well, you could always tap into your neighbor's line.... that would probably be the cheapest.  But other than that, the cheapest may be to start a company and register as commercial.  Most places have a preferential commercial rate.  Obviously this has other overhead costs as well.  There's no such thing as a free lunch.

First one is a horrible idea.  First off it's illegal..... want to know how much BTC you can mine if you are in jail?  Not much....

And a lot you have to have a certain amount of guaranteed usage to get commercial.  Most it's not as simple as saying I'm a company give me cheaper rate! You are going to have to have a lot of miners going to hit most guaranteed amounts.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:57:00 PM

I knew a guy in a neighboring country who bought a solar panel because he lives in a house and then they made him pay VAT tax on the electricity he generated, with the general electricity cost which i belive was about 1$/watt.

Someone told me that in Florida once upon a time if you went solar you had to pay the power company compensation. I find that hard to believe but anything's possible if profit is on the line in the US.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:47:06 PM

i love statista. it provides nice stats for this. unfortunately, the list holds only a selected list of countries:
http://www.statista.com/statistics/263492/electricity-prices-in-selected-countries/

http://insideevs.com/cost-of-electricity-worldwide/
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:30:56 PM

I knew a guy in a neighboring country who bought a solar panel because he lives in a house and then they made him pay VAT tax on the electricity he generated, with the general electricity cost which i belive was about 1$/watt.

Someone told me that in Florida once upon a time if you went solar you had to pay the power company compensation. I find that hard to believe but anything's possible if profit is on the line in the US.

Lol thats insane, so you are not a customer of the power company, but a slave of theirs. Very nice, see where corporatism leads.

I think we need to get back to real capitalism because otherwise it will be bad for humanity.

Even in china the subsidized cheap electricity, once they run out of money, you will see big problems there, 1.4 billion people need electricity lol.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:45:33 PM

Wow that was very low electricity rate. amazing... its awasome than my country.. lol
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:59:34 PM

Good old America! All they do out there is looking to save their a**es and their profits so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Here is another one that I have heard!
Why there are no trains in the south of the US and there are in the North? Oil companies have bribed the government not to build any tracks in the south so that people must drive and they can sell more gasoline.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:55:57 PM

Good old America! All they do out there is looking to save their a**es and their profits so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Why there are no trains in the south of the US and there are in the North? Oil companies have bribed the government not to build any tracks in the south so that people must drive and they can sell more gasoline.

I think  you are reading a little to much into bribes on trains.  Originally it was going west was the goal... so east to west ... which was huge in it's day.  But it is expensive as heck to build new tracks.   I forget what our town paid when they bough one "safe" stoplight with the arms that warns train coming it was huge though.

A lot of the rails are going to places that had to be a booming town long ago.  I know some spots in Midwest where they have actually picked up rails and stopped certain places as it's did not have enough traffic.   

It is really impressive when they do pick up the rails they take a LOT of metal in shorter period of time then you would think.

But I don't see trains being the massive problem on electricity price.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:01:30 PM

I think you are reading a little to much into bribes on trains.

Dunno about trains, it wouldn't surprise me at all, but it's quite possible regarding trams in cities. Some say the car companies and other industry players destroyed the tram system in the US to push car adoption by buying up the companies and dismantling them. 
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 04:31:36 AM

I think you are reading a little to much into bribes on trains.

Dunno about trains, it wouldn't surprise me at all, but it's quite possible regarding trams in cities. Some say the car companies and other industry players destroyed the tram system in the US to push car adoption by buying up the companies and dismantling them. 

If you look today trains are shrinking.   You can take a Semi with a LOT of goods and go from point a to b.  And b can switch every day.  With train you have fixed points so much harder to grow.   

You are probley right there chances are in some point some bribes, I suppose there are a few bad apples in most industries.  But this is a industry shrinking on trains.  But yes some coal places still use it and it is very efficient.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:17:05 AM

I think  you are reading a little to much into bribes on trains.  Originally it was going west was the goal... so east to west ... which was huge in it's day.  But it is expensive as heck to build new tracks.   I forget what our town paid when they bough one "safe" stoplight with the arms that warns train coming it was huge though.

A lot of the rails are going to places that had to be a booming town long ago.  I know some spots in Midwest where they have actually picked up rails and stopped certain places as it's did not have enough traffic.   

It is really impressive when they do pick up the rails they take a LOT of metal in shorter period of time then you would think.

Of course it was expensive, your light. They can charge what they want, just like they charge one Tylenol in a hospital $7 and you can buy 3 bottles in a store for that money. You know what I mean.  Wink

But nobody can persuade me that cargo train transport isn't economical and a very good option in the long run. Even if it connects only the major cities. Otherwise nobody in the world wouldn't do it.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:33:22 AM

I think  you are reading a little to much into bribes on trains.  Originally it was going west was the goal... so east to west ... which was huge in it's day.  But it is expensive as heck to build new tracks.   I forget what our town paid when they bough one "safe" stoplight with the arms that warns train coming it was huge though.

A lot of the rails are going to places that had to be a booming town long ago.  I know some spots in Midwest where they have actually picked up rails and stopped certain places as it's did not have enough traffic.  

Of course it was expensive, your light. They can charge what they want, just like they charge one Tylenol in a hospital $7 and you can buy 3 bottles in a store for that money. You know what I mean.  Wink

But nobody can persuade me that cargo train transport isn't economical and a very good option in the long run. Even if it connects only the major cities. Otherwise nobody in the world wouldn't do it.

It all depends I know of one locally they have a train just for this.  It goes and get's coal... the electric company uses it up.   But they have to be not horribly far away or it does not make as much sense. Most electricity companies build close to their source.  Be it coal, oil, water, wind, etc.

I like trains always thought they were neat.  But I think you will see they are on the decline overall.  The amazing part is the price of metal they actually have crews that take apart old tracks as its worth good money.  There was a track on my land it was not used for quite a while. Eventually the train company decided to come get the metal, and the land went to landowners on each side of it so split down the middle.  
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

That's kinda common here on our country (mostly known as jumper) especially on most of the squatters areas, actually it's free of cost but its illegal (you can bribe policemen here though whenever you've been caught Cheesy ) and they are more likely prone to fire. I've heard that's what also some miners here on country do cuz electricity here was so expensive.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:57:25 AM

That's kinda common here on our country (mostly known as jumper) especially on most of the squatters areas, actually it's free of cost but its illegal (you can bribe policemen here though whenever you've been caught Cheesy ) and they are more likely prone to fire. I've heard that's what also some miners here on country do cuz electricity here was so expensive.

What country are you in? Seems crazy to screw around with the meters.   Let alone add theft to it.

Are you saying they are just bypassing the meters?  Scary stuff.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:35:26 PM

If you look today trains are shrinking.   You can take a Semi with a LOT of goods and go from point a to b.  And b can switch every day.  With train you have fixed points so much harder to grow.   

One of America's quirks though is that far, far more freight goes by rail than Europe. It looks like they're slowly giving up on passenger services. If you want to go beyond the local area it's pitiful, but freight is still a huge deal there.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:40:31 PM

Here is another funny fact for you.

Retail prices of oil worldwide
http://chartsbin.com/view/1115

Somewhere up to 213 cent/litre.

Real oil price of crude oil:
$47.26 / barrel = 0.297$  / litre

So they make the oil for 0.297$ / litre, yet they sell it for 2.13$ / litre

So the oil cartels get away with 616.55% profit margin . And you wonder why your electricity costs that much Cheesy

Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:15:40 PM

What country are you in? Seems crazy to screw around with the meters.   Let alone add theft to it.

I'm from the Philippines and that scary stuff was pretty common here Cheesy We are living on a poor country with high cost electricity so that poor people used to do that just to have an electricity, not only poor people. Also people that can afford to pay electricity do it just to have some savings on their income.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:07:40 PM

I'm from the Philippines and that scary stuff was pretty common here Cheesy We are living on a poor country with high cost electricity so that poor people used to do that just to have an electricity, not only poor people. Also people that can afford to pay electricity do it just to have some savings on their income.

Thanks for telling story about it OP.  Interesting to say the least.  Hard to imagine people doing this.

You could not pay me enough to work on live wire bypassing a meter for safety reasons.  Let alone the legal reasons on not doing it.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:16:54 PM

Thanks for telling story about it OP.  Interesting to say the least.  Hard to imagine people doing this.

You could not pay me enough to work on live wire bypassing a meter for safety reasons.  Let alone the legal reasons on not doing it.

In my country the fine for manipulating your electricity meter used to be about 200$ (i dont know the current fine), or in larger (industrial scale) theft cases 3 months prison.

The electricity costs about 100$ for a normal household.

Thus if people bribe police (which they do), and can get away for 2-3 years, then it's cost effective to do so.

You dont pay for 2 years, that is 2400$ saved and then pay a fine of 200$.

I think they made the fine bigger by now, but many people did this here. I never did , plus I live in a rent so I cannot do it anyway, but many of the ex neighbors where I lived in the past did it, and got away with it.

I dont know in what country you live man, but there is big corruption in the world , that you cant even imagine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: