Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:04:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitsharesX is taking Litecoin and Bitcoin down  (Read 14008 times)
jae480 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:33:00 PM

Let's be honest here Litecoin is officially dead and Bitcoin is like AOL, Napster, and Myspace.
They both have their days numbered and from the looks of it BitsharesX is rapidly catching up to Litecoin.

The reality is that Bitcoin is only number one because of the first mover advantage. This is why everyone know what Bitcoin is
but that doesn't mean that it is a superior technology when compared to others like BitsharesX, NXT, and Ethereum.

So what are you guys doing? Are you going to continue holding Litecoins and Bitcoins or are you going
with the newer more innovative technologies?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:33:37 PM

lol joke thread
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:35:05 PM

Lol 99% volume from China, no thanks.   Inb4 Chinese Government Ban.  Inb4 Chinese dump.  Inb4 butt hurt.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:36:54 PM

lol joke thread

why because it is the truth?

The reality is just that. What innovative features does Litecoin have that merit the number two spots?

"oh Litecoin is Silver to Bitcoin's gold"

All it has is a marketing gimmick in its favor. Out of the next 8 alt coins after Litecoin
on coinmarketcap virtually all of them have better features, technology, and active development than Litecoin.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:37:43 PM

LOL dead compared to what? There's no other alt coin that can touch it right now Grin

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:37:51 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 02:16:19 AM by instacash

So what are you guys doing? Are you going to continue holding Litecoins and Bitcoins or are you going
with the newer more innovative technologies?

Litecoin -- not holding
Innovation i.e. BTSX -- bullish
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:38:53 PM

Lol 99% volume from China, no thanks.   Inb4 Chinese Government Ban.  Inb4 Chinese dump.  Inb4 butt hurt.

Wait wasn't it Chinese people that helped propel Bitcoin to its glory days of $1,000+ a coin?

Also, a ban means nothing just like a banning thepiratebay means nothing.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:39:29 PM

The reality is just that. What innovative features does Litecoin have that merit the number two spots?

All it has is a marketing gimmick in its favor. Out of the next 8 alt coins after Litecoin
on coinmarketcap virtually all of them have better features, technology, and active development than Litecoin.

Litecoin serves as a feasible additional layer of obfuscation with a market volume that can support such a role. It's a perfect compliment to Bitcoin.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

Expect an influx of clashing opinions in this thread. Cheesy

e.g. Litecoin-fanatics, Bitcoin-fanatics, AltcoinXYZ-lunatics, "Fact"-trolls etc. Discussing topics like these on Bitcointalk is tiring at best.
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:40:59 PM

LOL dead compared to what? There's no other alt coin that can touch it right now Grin

You know that Bitcoin has issues when a core developer can't pay his rent.
Bitcoin has been on a slow and steady decline since the beginning of the year.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:42:28 PM

Lol 99% volume from China, no thanks.  No wait 98% today, my bad.  Inb4 Chinese Government Ban.  Inb4 butt hurt.

Quit trolling and provide some actual facts besides your clearly biased opinions.  BTer, BTC38, and just recently added Poloniex are the only exchanges with BTSX at the moment.  Also, think about the BitUSD market feature that was just added today.  If you feel the price of BTSX will crash you can simply trade for BitUSD WITHIN the client itself which is pegged to the dollar.  No more will you have to trust your shares on an exchange, this is a significant step forward decentralized trading.

Rather its BTSX, Nxt, or the next 2.0 tech at least the boundaries are being pushed.  Succeed or fail it's nice to see people stand up and push the btc ideology.
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:42:36 PM

Yes, that's what I'm expecting thats why I chose the title I chose for the thread.
TaunSew

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:43:24 PM

Litecoin serves as a feasible additional layer of obfuscation with a market volume that can support such a role. It's a perfect compliment to Bitcoin.

Most sound minds would agree with your conclusion and it is why no alternate will "kill"" Litecoin.  There may be an alternate which could surpass LTC's capitalization but that is an entirely different thing.  LTC will always have value being a compliment to BTC.  A third compliment could be BitcoinDark but that's a marketing challenge (I have no association with BitcoinDark or any stake in it).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:43:28 PM

You know that Bitcoin has issues when a core developer can't pay his rent.
Bitcoin has been on a slow and steady decline since the beginning of the year.

Oh, you're from that camp. The one which define success by the amount of fiat you can exchange a coin for at any given moment Roll Eyes

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:44:15 PM

Yes, that's what I'm expecting thats why I chose the title I chose for the thread.

Put on your helmets!

with a market volume that can support such a role.

Litecoin 24 hour volume: $3,808,460  <  BitsharesX 24 volume: $3,905,960
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:47:25 PM

Lol 99% volume from China, no thanks.  No wait 98% today, my bad.  Inb4 Chinese Government Ban.  Inb4 butt hurt.

Quit trolling and provide some actual facts besides your clearly biased opinions.  BTer, BTC38, and just recently added Poloniex are the only exchanges with BTSX at the moment.  Also, think about the BitUSD market feature that was just added today.  If you feel the price of BTSX will crash you can simply trade for BitUSD WITHIN the client itself which is pegged to the dollar.  No more will you have to trust your shares on an exchange, this is a significant step forward decentralized trading.

Rather its BTSX, Nxt, or the next 2.0 tech at least the boundaries are being pushed.  Succeed or fail it's nice to see people stand up and push the btc ideology.

Grin

so true
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:50:35 PM

Sorry to hear that BitshareX is officially dead too then Embarrassed

TaunSew

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

Put on your helmets!

with a market volume that can support such a role.

That's unintentional nitpick, no?  BitSharesX is presumed to be at a peak of a volume pump while LTC has been stagnate for months.  LTC months ago had certain days where their volume exceeded Bitcoin.

jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:51:52 PM

Most sound minds would agree with your conclusion and it is why no alternate will "kill"" Litecoin.  There may be an alternate which could surpass LTC's capitalization but that is an entirely different thing.  LTC will always have value being a compliment to BTC.  A third compliment could be BitcoinDark but that's a marketing challenge (I have no association with BitcoinDark or any stake in it).

If you look at coinmarketcap you will see that BitsharesX has greater 24h volume than Litecoin and it is currently on the rise. Will there be a correction? Maybe, but when you compare BitsharesX to Litecoin it is like comparing a space shuttle to the horse and buggy.
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:57:00 PM

Sorry to hear that BitshareX is officially dead too then Embarrassed

When you look at it objectively you will see that BitsharesX has a lot going for it when compared to everything else.
The people behind the development of BitsharesX are arguably the most open and transparent of any project to date. (Ethereum is also pretty open)

The real world identities of those behind BitsharesX is known to anyone that is willing to look this is clearly not a pump and dump or a scam coin.

As for the recent rise that is because of an innovative feature that was just turned on today. First of its kind really. Market driven BitAssets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  All
  Print  

Jump to: