Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitsharesX is taking Litecoin and Bitcoin down  (Read 14008 times)
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:05:33 PM

Still unsure if BitsharesX is just a flash in the pan. Quick rises can mean quick falls.

Remember Dark ... 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jae480 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:25:44 PM

Still unsure if BitsharesX is just a flash in the pan. Quick rises can mean quick falls.

The tech looks solid, but the current pump looks like Chinese P&D. I would stay away from it at the moment, or if you hold it then sell it now.
Long term it might do very well, who knows.

its a fecking scam like new economy movement NEM satan circle and any other 2.0 ponzi crypto deceptor scheme junk

~CfA~

*I wouldn't trust someone with a terrible trust rating.  ^^^^

By your definition everything is scam. Starting a new company, raising funds, and attracting users to your service is a scam meant to enrich the few. I'd like for you to define what a ponzi is. I can assure you that BitsharesX is not a ponzi.
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:30:47 PM

LOL dead compared to what? There's no other alt coin that can touch it right now Grin

You know that Bitcoin has issues when a core developer can't pay his rent.
Bitcoin has been on a slow and steady decline since the beginning of the year.

Wow you are reaching for excuses to support your own conclusions lol

A developer's means to make a living is not a indicator of anything other than his ability to make financial decisions.

This is how pathetic the arguments against BTC and LTC are now days...brainless.  Grin

Maybe

but if he can't take care of his stuff do you think he'll be able to take care of Bitcoin?

I'd like to hear your thoughts as to why BTC or LTC will reign supreme?
Remember, that it is possible for market leaders to be overtaken by something new.

For instance Kodak was photography leader for decades and in 2012 went bankrupt. At the same time Instagram was purchased for $1 Billion by facebook.

Remember Myspace?
Napster?
AOL?
Yahoo?>
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 07:40:49 PM

Maybe but if he can't take care of his stuff do you think he'll be able to take care of Bitcoin?

Remember, that it is possible for market leaders to be overtaken by something new.
For instance Kodak was photography leader for decades and in 2012 went bankrupt. At the same time Instagram was purchased for $1 Billion by facebook.

Remember Myspace?
Napster?
AOL?
Yahoo?>
Obvious holders here, are obvious.
How can you even compare those? All of the listed are Companies (services/products) (!), Bitcoin is not a company.
If they made some bad decisions in the past and lost their market share, went bankrupt then blame the people running it.
Now tell me who's running Bitcoin?
Stop spreading nonsense. This is why I hate (most) altcoins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:54:11 PM

Maybe but if he can't take care of his stuff do you think he'll be able to take care of Bitcoin?

Remember Myspace?
Napster?
AOL?
Yahoo?>
How can you even compare those? All of the listed are Companies (services/products) (!), Bitcoin is not a company.
If they made some bad decisions in the past and lost their market share, went bankrupt then blame the people running it.

You CAN describe Bitcoin as a company though. (DAC)

The point I am trying to make is that if innovation or adoption of innovation doesn't happen you get displaced by a newer entity that does innovate.

For instance in 1976 Kodak invented the digital camera but chose not to go that route and pursue digital camera and in 2012 as it went bankrupt Instagram was purchased for 1 billion dollars. Now, Instagram only exits BECAUSE of the digital camera. Oh the irony.

Innovation needs to happen so that a network remains relatively distributed. BitsharesX runs on Delegated Proof of Stake which is arguable more distributed than Bitcoin's proof of work. We've seen ghash control over 50% of the network, and the amount of people that control the entire network is in the hands of a couple of pool operators.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:05:37 PM

The point I am trying to make is that if innovation or adoption of innovation doesn't happen you get displaced by a newer entity that does innovate.

For instance in 1976 Kodak invented the digital camera but chose not to go that route and pursue digital camera and in 2012 as it went bankrupt Instagram was purchased for 1 billion dollars. Now, Instagram only exits BECAUSE of the digital camera. Oh the irony.

Innovation needs to happen so that a network remains relatively distributed. BitsharesX runs on Delegated Proof of Stake which is arguable more distributed than Bitcoin's proof of work. We've seen ghash control over 50% of the network, and the amount of people that control the entire network is in the hands of a couple of pool operators.
Conclusion: It will take BitsharesX 36 years to overtake Bitcoin. Sure I have no problem with that.
Ghash can have 99% if they want to, as long as they aren't abusing it.
This is not a problem. Why are you now FUD-ing Bitcoin?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:21:39 PM

Remember Myspace?
Napster?
AOL?
Yahoo?>

Thats what people said before the Dotcom bubble; you can´t create value out of thin air and currently the most IT startups are totally overvalued, your instagram example is a good one. Beats got bought for what, 2 billion from apple? Another example, you could prolly buy Sennheiser or AKG for that - companies who have real technology in the audio field.

jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:28:14 PM

Conclusion: It will take BitsharesX 36 years to overtake Bitcoin. Sure I have no problem with that.
Ghash can have 99% if they want to, as long as they aren't abusing it.
This is not a problem. Why are you now FUD-ing Bitcoin?

No, this industry moves very quickly so it might only take only few months up to 5 years tops.

True, but then Bitcoin shouldn't be called decentralized because its anything but decentralized.
I'm not here to spread FUD about Bitcoin merely to state the facts. Again, Bitcoin reigns supreme for now not because it is
the best technology that exists but simply because Bitcoin had a network effect before the inception of everything else.

othe

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:26:22 PM

Please read up and understand the Byzantine Generals problem before you even try to compare Bitcoins decentralisation to a centralized system like DPOS.

In practice BitShares isn't a distributed system, it is more like coordinated synchronized time shared centralized system.  -bytemaster

rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:31:37 PM

Remember Myspace?
Napster?
AOL?
Yahoo?>

+1
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:12:12 PM

lol joke thread

+1
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:43:06 PM

Wasn't this just 2 months ago but only the "DarkCoin" movie was playing as the new replacement for LTC?

lol and here we are and where is DRK...lol

Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:53:04 PM

lol joke thread

It's not a joke. It's also not an accident that Bitshares has over $100 million dollar market cap.
People who know how Bitshares works and what it is will never need Bitcoin again. BitUSD is better as a currency than Bitcoin could ever be. Volatility is dramatically minimized, no reason to cash out into USD anymore so there is no reason to dump, and it pays interest.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I, for one, think the price of BTC will be going down. I mean just look at the downward trend since the beginning of June. Yes, I believe the price of BTC will eventually recover but not until it suffers a significant downturn.

Enter BitUSD. Now I don't have to cash out my BTC into my checking account. Instead I can invest in BitUSD!

Exactly, someone gets it. There will also be a BitBTC for when Bitcoin goes through it's customary bubbles. All from within the Bitshares X client so you don't need to cash out.

People for some reason think it's just an ordinary coin or something. It is not a coin and there is nothing else like it. It can simulate the buying power of the USD, of Bitcoin, of Litecoin, of any stock or commodity. That means we can trade anything on the platform and if we have to leave the best way to do it might be through Stellar or Ripple Gatways so our digital assets can turn into an IOU which then can become legal securities.

People who are exiting out now for fiat or Bitcoin are making the sort of mistake that people made selling Bitcoins for under $5.
Wasn't this just 2 months ago but only the "DarkCoin" movie was playing as the new replacement for LTC?

Roll Eyes

Bitshares privacy is secured by TITAN. Darkcoin isn't a threat.

People don't seem to understand yet the capabilities of Bitshares. It's an ecosystem that you never really need to leave except to pay your bills. It's a decentralized bank and value exchange system, so it can do currency better than Bitcoin (BitUSD) while also doing stock better than Counterparty/Bitcoin.

Ethereum might be competitive but it will not be released for months, and then it will take months to catch up.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:16:21 PM

Roll Eyes

Gotta admit ... it didn't do litecoin any favors in the meantime tho.  Each new coin pump hammers it a little more.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:34:24 PM

Technological inferior alt coins like litecoin are trying to impress us, you stand no chance against bitshares. Please educate your selves about bitshares, you dont even know the "enemy" you are facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc
othe

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:47:14 PM

Stop lying dude, TITAN uses stealth addresses who itself don´t bring any kind of anonymity.

But there aggressive marketing seems to work, a lot of people fall for this.

chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:52:42 PM

https://altcoinherald.com/bitsharesx-market-cap-quadruples-past-week/
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:00:15 AM

Roll Eyes

What's funny is how so many people will hate on a new experiment such as Bitshares that is pushing the boundaries and could eventually help EVERYONE.  Have your doubts, perform some due diligence, and make your decisions what to invest in otherwise sit back and watch the show.

The only way to learn is to try and if you fail at least you learned something along the way.  SpaceX just has a rocket blow up, are they now going to close up shop?  Even if the market peg does not work perhaps they can make changes to refine the software and get it going.

All you haters need to give some credit where credit is due, these guys are actually trying to help the general public.  All of Invictus has put there names on the board and do not hide behind any annonmous forum handles, think about that for a second.
Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:05:41 AM

People don't seem to understand yet the capabilities of Bitshares. It's an ecosystem that you never really need to leave except to pay your bills. It's a decentralized bank and value exchange system, so it can do currency better than Bitcoin (BitUSD) while also doing stock better than Counterparty/Bitcoin.

Ethereum might be competitive but it will not be released for months, and then it will take months to catch up.

Please read this.

http://prestonbyrne.com/2014/08/17/dont-walk-away-run/

Thanks.

Actualy, I think everyone should read before invest.
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:15:04 AM

Please read this.

http://prestonbyrne.com/2014/08/17/dont-walk-away-run/

Thanks.

Actualy, I think everyone should read before invest.

The core developer exposed the whole community to the writing of Mr. Byrne.

Clearly, the core developer is confident in his creation that rather than try and hide Mr. BYRNE s articles he shares it with everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: