Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitsharesX is taking Litecoin and Bitcoin down  (Read 14008 times)
jae480 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

The reason Bitcoin isn't a ponzi is simply because it doesn't meet the criteria of a ponzi.  Go ahead and argue up and down about other concerns, there are a lot to choose from.   Being a ponzi scheme, however, isn't one of them.

why r u here?  to make money
how do u make money?   sell ur coins to others with a profit waiting for the next to join in ur profit line

cocaine is a hell of a drug dude ...

~CfA~

You sound like a trader and speculator. My friend BitsharesX is the platform for you.

Right, so selling houses must be a ponzi scheme too if you sell houses at a profit. Selling burgers at a profit is a ponzi scheme. Again, you don't understand what a ponzi scheme is.

A ponzi scheme is surrounded in secrecy, lies, and exaggerated promises with no rationale reason for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:19:34 AM

Okay, I'm here to make money, but every morning when I go to my job I ask myself the same question, "Why am I here?"  And the answer is the same, "To make money."  But, working for monetary compensation isn't a ponzi.

if u have a proper job then u create real value even if u just sell bread to people

holding and selling bitcoins doesnt create value.  it creates money in ur pocket through artificial means by a hyped currency that 0.00000000000^128 of the worlds population use and centralized datacenters mine to make a buck on the rise and fall of this thing for dem own selfish profits AND they know its just a tulipmania

its not all that great as ppl think it is.  some weird folks even say world finance should depend on the block chain.  now this is not my area of experitse anymore cuz that requires more serious mental help to have such utter shite visions

A ponzi scheme is surrounded in secrecy, lies, and exaggerated promises with no rationale reason for it.
best description of cryptocoin ive heard in a while  !

~CfA~

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:21:13 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 12:53:29 AM by Anotheranonlol

Was living under a rock, didn't notice the recent rally.  discover I had accumulated decent amount of PTS from a while back  Grin
I think 97 million market cap is a good time to sell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HtyF0jux2Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-GrQsR_1Mo

logging onto btc38 on the champagne campaign tonight . cash out time

nice one for the heads up OP

jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:21:26 AM

Okay, I'm here to make money, but every morning when I go to my job I ask myself the same question, "Why am I here?"  And the answer is the same, "To make money."  But, working for monetary compensation isn't a ponzi.

if u have a proper job then u create value, even if u just sell bread to people

holding and selling bitcoins doesnt create value.  it creates money in ur pocket through artificial means by a hyped currency that 0.00000000000^128 of the worlds population use and centralized datacenters mine to make a buck on the rise and fall of this thing

its not all that great as ppl think it is.  some weird folks even say world finance should depend on the block chain.  now this is not my area of experitse anymore cuz that requires more serious mental help to have such utter shite visions

~CfA~

The network as a whole creates value though. The value is sending money securely over vast distances at quick speeds like email.
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:23:45 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 01:38:14 AM by CLains

You guys fail to see CfA's central claim: The whole universe is an expanding bubble scam.

CfA is simply asking us to accept Impermanence as the Highest Truth.

CfA's antidote to impermanence is the Path of No Attachment.

CfA has attained the state of the Laughing Buddah.

From Above

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:24:21 AM

You guys fail to miss CfA's central claim: The whole universe is an expanding bubble scam.

CfA's is simply asking us to accept impermanence is the Highest Truth.

His antidote to impermanence is the path of no attachment..

And this is why CfA is the Laughing Buddah.
+1
~CfA~

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:28:52 AM

I don't think Bitshares will be taking out Bitcoin anytime soon, but Litecoin damn sure better look.
jae480 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:30:20 AM

I don't think Bitshares will be taking out Bitcoin anytime soon, but Litecoin damn sure better look.

+1

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:30:48 AM

+1
+1
From Above

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:31:47 AM

+1
+1

r u suggesting vitalik buterin and justin bieber r a human crypto coin right now ?

~CfA~

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:34:28 AM

if u have a proper job then u create real value even if u just sell bread to people

holding and selling bitcoins doesnt create value.  it creates money in ur pocket through artificial means by a hyped currency that 0.00000000000^128 of the worlds population use and centralized datacenters mine to make a buck on the rise and fall of this thing for dem own selfish profits AND they know its just a tulipmania

~CfA~

Smarter than he lets on ....
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:35:56 AM

Come-from-above, just a couple days ago you were singing BitshareX's praises.

Did you just sell your stake or something? I hope you miss out on the rocket ship ride. Tongue
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:49:05 AM

~CfA~

I'll be honest, I kind of have no idea what you said, and I'm not sure that you do either.  Still, I'll try to break down this mess in front of me to see if I can make a relevant response,

Bitcoin has value and bitcoins have value, i.e. both the network and the currency units are valuable. The network is valuable because it provides a platform for sending currency units in a way that many users find preferable to traditional payment systems such as credit cards, checks, and wire transfers.  The value of Bitcoin as a network or protocol is debatable, but certainly you must acknowledge that many others believe it is valuable or else you wouldn't be seeing investors pumping tens of millions of dollars into infrastructure and Bitcoin start-up businesses.  And of course bitcoins, the currency units, obviously have value as reflected by the day's market trading and information pulled from the order books.

So, you're right, buying and selling bitcoins doesn't create value.  But, buying bitcoins is akin to investing in the Bitcoin network platform.  As that platform grows, it and the currency units become more valuable, and so I am rewarded with profit for investing into a platform that others find valuable.

Paper money is generated with a printing press, so I'm not really sure where you're going with the whole "it creates money in ur pocket through artificial means by a hyped currency" tangent.

Yes, a small % of the population uses BTC, but not only is your statistic unbelievably off-base, but the number of people that use BTC says nothing about whether it's a ponzi scheme.

How do large mining operations in any way suggest bitcoin is a ponzi scheme? Hint: they don't.

I actually agree that Bitcoin is technically inferior to some other coins.  That doesn't really bother me right now , though.  Bitcoin is 'good enough' so to speak, and I find that it's very useful and that I prefer it for many types of transactions.  
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:51:12 AM

it's over 9000 !!
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:23:12 AM

Was living under a rock, didn't notice the recent rally.  discover I had accumulated decent amount of PTS from a while back  Grin
I think 97 million market cap is a good time to sell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HtyF0jux2Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-GrQsR_1Mo

logging onto btc38 on the champagne campaign tonight . cash out time

nice one for the heads up OP

You should, I encourage everyone that wants to dump BTSX to dump right now, to stabilize the price. I hold a lot of BTSX, and I want to hold for a very long time/permanently (since there's no reason to sell, I could just buy BitUSD if I wanted to sell), the current price action is pretty scary for a long term holder.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:25:30 AM

it's over 9000 !!

This is getting nuts. It's now at 11000!!

I hate when my investments climb this fast. It makes me think a dump will soon follow. I guess it's not so bad since I do sell a bit on the way up to lock in a profit.

I would like to see this coin get on exchanges that cater more to Americans. Then let the floodgates open.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:37:36 AM

Past 105 million...
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:42:25 AM

08-26 09:39:09 Sell 0.00012490 4015.23720000
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:44:32 AM

Past 105 million...

It could overtake LTC before the end of the week.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:00:29 AM

lol joke thread

It's not a joke. It's also not an accident that Bitshares has over $100 million dollar market cap.
People who know how Bitshares works and what it is will never need Bitcoin again. BitUSD is better as a currency than Bitcoin could ever be. Volatility is dramatically minimized, no reason to cash out into USD anymore so there is no reason to dump, and it pays interest.

Bitshares is also the perfect decentralized exchange. Sure there will still be centralized exchanges but now the only thing we will need is the ability to turn our BitAssets into legal securities. Bitshares will let us trade NASDAQ, Forex, etc on the blockchain in a way which just isn't possible with the current codebase of Bitcoin.

Bitshares is going to force Bitcoin to innovate to preserve it's spot. Innovate or die is the same rule which Bitcoin applies to traditional fiat currency. Innovate or die is being applied to Bitcoin as well because Bitcoin must live by the same rules that all cryptocurrencies must live by if they are to stay on top.

I hope Bitcoin core developers now start innovating otherwise Bitshares will leave them behind simply because we will not need it's utility anymore. BitBTC is basically Bitcoin so Bitshares has Bitcoin built into it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: