Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you name your baby Satoshi for 150 bitcoins?  (Read 17671 times)
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:11:27 PM

sure... as second name  Grin

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

The online proposition was NOT that someone would pay a person to name their child Satoshi.  The proposition is that someone else, was prepared to name their child Satoshi for 150 BTC.

The question should have been, will you contribute into a group pay so that someone will name their child Satoshi.  Why would you pay someone to name their child Satoshi?  A wealthy bitcoin owner, probably can more effectively promote bitcoin by promoting it in established advertising channels. 

Perhaps one would like to name their child Satoshi to honor the inventor.  It is hardly honorable to ask for money than is it?

Satoshi, like all modern inventors had to stand on the shoulders of giants.  Something that wouldn't have been possible without the invention of the Internet.  The Internet wouldn't have been possible without the discovery of how to distribute and convert electricity and a host of other things.  So, to me, to honor the greats, you could name your son, Nicol (after Tesla), or Bjarne (after  Stroustrup).  These names are probably as unique in English speaking countries as Satoshi is.

sdp

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:37:51 PM

I probably won't have kids but I'll name myself Satoshi for 150 BTC easily. And I'm the only person I know of who doesn't even like that word.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:38:57 PM

Hey, I'll only take 15 bitcoins to do it Cheesy
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:15:42 PM

Shouldn't cost that much ^

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
calme

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:32:51 PM

We should seriously consider starting a movement in which everyone who uses BTC changes their name to Satoshi or even Satoshi Nakamoto. Just imagine how many people in China alone would be changing their family names to Nakamoto.
teppupkcos

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:34:13 PM

For 150BTC i will adopt and name it satoshi satoshi
well fuck it's better than Muhammad Muhammad or john john

calme

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:43:29 PM

That price is awful steep. If you move to Baghdad and change your name to "Muhammad Is A Common Thief And An Assfuck And I Do Jihad On Islam," maybe we'll do 150. 
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:06:13 PM

That price is awful steep. If you move to Baghdad and change your name to "Muhammad Is A Common Thief And An Assfuck And I Do Jihad On Islam," maybe we'll do 150. 

What would be the point in that? That's literally like blatant suicide. Besides, not many people would do it even for 150 BTC
teppupkcos

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:19:14 PM

Dont mind moving to Baghdad and dodging them bullets for 150 BTCbut me naming any poor fucking kid Muhammad is out of the question.
On second thoughts i could do but the price is 10 camels and 20 goats no pigs, price open to barter
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:28:10 PM

Hell yeah. And for way less than that. There are a couple of barriers that would need to get sorted out but nothing we couldn't handle.

Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:54:28 AM

Hey, I'll only take 15 bitcoins to do it Cheesy
The man is offering you 150 and you already want to bring the price down? You'll never be rich!  Grin

To be honest I'd do it for 150, maybe for even less than that. We'd move to Japan where nobody would find it awkward, live happily ever after and the kid would never find out about the bet.

Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:03:41 AM

I probably won't have kids but I'll name myself Satoshi for 150 BTC easily. And I'm the only person I know of who doesn't even like that word.

That sucks man hope you do everyone deserves the hell they bring Smiley Wouldn't change it for the world and no op never would i trade my babys name for about 40k never in a million years that is lower than low lol

Yeh me too i would change my own name i would even have it tattooed on my neck or below but never would i force someone else name on my child although i have kind of forced a name on her to begin with, oh go on then when is payment!?

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:16:00 AM

The online proposition was NOT that someone would pay a person to name their child Satoshi.  The proposition is that someone else, was prepared to name their child Satoshi for 150 BTC.

The question should have been, will you contribute into a group pay so that someone will name their child Satoshi.  Why would you pay someone to name their child Satoshi?  A wealthy bitcoin owner, probably can more effectively promote bitcoin by promoting it in established advertising channels. 

Perhaps one would like to name their child Satoshi to honor the inventor.  It is hardly honorable to ask for money than is it?

Satoshi, like all modern inventors had to stand on the shoulders of giants.  Something that wouldn't have been possible without the invention of the Internet.  The Internet wouldn't have been possible without the discovery of how to distribute and convert electricity and a host of other things.  So, to me, to honor the greats, you could name your son, Nicol (after Tesla), or Bjarne (after  Stroustrup).  These names are probably as unique in English speaking countries as Satoshi is.

sdp

This is where we get the truth lol Thanks for letting us know dude. So someone wanted 150 to name their child satoshi i would pass on that group and not donate anything, i mean if they cared anything they would not need any BTC they would just do it.

If i was a early investor without a doubt i would give him the master of cryptos middle name for giving the financial freedom he would have, but i am just a porper and not an early investor.

I like your example and i would be more inclined to name after the true greatness 'Tesla' the modern world was his work from what i have studied well beyond genius that man.   

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:15:43 AM

Would you name your baby Dogetoshi Shibamoto for 100 bitcoins?  Cool
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:20:02 AM

No way, no matter how much money. I am from China, there is impossible for me to name my baby with a Japanese name, if I do this, the baby's future will be ruined if we still live in China. Because most of Chinese people don't like Japanese for the history reason.
sdp

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 12:09:04 PM

For those who came late to post.   Please read mine.  It was not an offer to pay 150BTC it was an offer to rename for 150BTC.  This man's (sexist assumption) proposal was unrealistic.

Would you pay 1.5 BTC if I name my next pet Satoshi?  Ah hell, I doubt someone would pay 150 dogecoin for that.

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:56:54 PM

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/946

The story about this project is pretty bizarre and i was wondering about ethical issues raised! If someone give you 150 btc would you?

I think Bitcoinstarter.com is down. I wonder how much money they raise from it? We can see there are a lot of people who are willing to change their name for way less than 150 Bitcoin. It's a failed kickstarter but nice try.

If somebody pay me 10 Bitcoin I would change my name (I don't have a baby so I can't name it).
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:05:36 PM

Would you name your baby Dogetoshi Shibamoto for 100 bitcoins?  Cool

Not sure about bitcoins ... but I would name my baby that for a plot of land on the moooon!

sdp

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:11:43 PM

LoL.  A plot of land on the moon.  Okay, you can have my lot.  I am not doing anything with it at the moment.  I don't get out there often these days.  Rocket fuel is expensive.

I'll give you 1 doge coin to change your name to Sam Yon Folk. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: