Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Occulta Scamming?  (Read 3399 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 03:16:17 AM

Has anyone bothered checking into Occulta's story? One way we could do it is by asking Amazon the same questions he asked Amazon of newguy. Until that happens, I'm worried that Occulta might really be scamming us as well.

Turnabout is fair play.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 03:20:13 AM

+1
newdude

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 03:54:23 AM

Has anyone bothered checking into Occulta's story? One way we could do it is by asking Amazon the same questions he asked Amazon of newguy. Until that happens, I'm worried that Occulta might really be scamming us as well.

Turnabout is fair play.
Careful, they might start to say you and I are the same person too.
I wonder will they dare to tell you to shut up.
I doubt it.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:02:39 AM

With so many customers having used Occulta's GCs, if he is a scammer, either he is an incredibly smart criminal or Amazon is incredibly incompetent.
gamer4156 (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:14:51 AM

With so many customers having used Occulta's GCs, if he is a scammer, either he is an incredibly smart criminal or Amazon is incredibly incompetent.
I find my self astonished every day at the complete incompetence of others.
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:33:56 AM

I find my self astonished every day at the complete incompetence of others.
Before I thought Amazon can't be that stupid to allow this happen, but after seeing videos like this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ1qbijOGmc
I am not so sure ...
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:39:09 AM

Turnabout is fair play.
Careful, they might start to say you and I are the same person too.
I wonder will they dare to tell you to shut up.
I doubt it.

Who knows?

Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:43:07 AM

Amazon's gift code algorithm isn't exactly rocket science.  IIRC the code generators work for 4-8 months then Amazon catches up and shuts them down.  IIRC Amazon throws a pretty wide net out to try and recover funds from those who used illegitimate codes.

You should never rely on an emailed code.  If you don't visibly see a code on a plastic gift card there's a good chance it's illegitimate.

This is what a legitimate seller looks like:

I'd love to see some proof/evidence that any of these guys are selling legitimate codes.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:48:25 AM

You should never rely on an emailed code.  If you don't visibly see a code on a plastic gift card there's a good chance it's illegitimate.

I don't think that's entirely true, if you order GC from Amazon's website, there's "email" option which only send code via email.

Also, my credit card company offers emailed code when I redeem my reward points.
Pipesnake
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:51:23 AM

You should never rely on an emailed code.  If you don't visibly see a code on a plastic gift card there's a good chance it's illegitimate.

I don't think that's entirely true, if you order GC from Amazon's website, there's "email" option which only send code via email.

Also, my credit card company offers emailed code when I redeem my reward points.
In both those cases you are ordering directly from the gift code provider.  Dealing with an emailed code via a third party is extremely risky.  Gift cards are the number one fraud category on eBay.  Why do you think that is?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:54:47 AM

Amazon's gift code algorithm isn't exactly rocket science.  IIRC the code generators work for 4-8 months then Amazon catches up and shuts them down.  IIRC Amazon throws a pretty wide net out to try and recover funds from those who used illegitimate codes.
The bottom line is, no matter how code was generated, there should be one central database to store all legit codes, so they can be checked at redemption time. Am I missing something?
bitcool
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:59:58 AM

Gift cards are the number one fraud category on eBay.  Why do you think that is?
I'd like to know how many are non-delivery fraud, and how many of those gift cards are actually redeemable on the vendor website.
Pipesnake
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 05:13:07 AM

Gift cards are the number one fraud category on eBay.  Why do you think that is?
I'd like to know how many are non-delivery fraud, and how many of those gift cards are actually redeemable on the vendor website.
It's a combination of both of those plus buyers claiming non-receipt for emailed codes.

Nousplatform Youtube     
newdude

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 05:59:07 AM

"Also, my credit card company offers emailed code when I redeem my reward points."
Eureeka.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: