Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Rig announcement by Butterfly Labs - 25gh/s  (Read 34179 times)
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 08:12:19 PM

I almost get the feeling they arbitrarily delay postage. like they wanna mine themselves as much as they can before shipping it. Ofcourse they deny this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 08:16:19 PM

I almost get the feeling they arbitrarily delay postage. like they wanna mine themselves as much as they can before shipping it. Ofcourse they deny this.
The current wait is because of a lack of cases, apparently the boards are ready to ship but there's nothing to put them in.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 09:17:51 PM

The current wait is because of a lack of cases, apparently the boards are ready to ship but there's nothing to put them in.

Yea that's the Singles, but what about Mini-rig, they demonstrated all the boards, some guy confirmed he saw the Mini-Rig cases at their office. They promised to start shipping end of may.
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:00:19 PM

Yeah. Like the case is somehow connected to mining. Great excuse to delay shipping and mine some coins.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:02:44 PM

Yeah. Like the case is somehow connected to mining. Great excuse to delay shipping and mine some coins.
In case you missed it, they have stated that they only hash test data for testing, and it makes a lot of sense too. I don't know why others don't do it - they should have a suite a verifiable hashes that each device must pass in order to be considered accurate.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:38:07 PM

What is the current lead time on this?

BFL, can you answer honestly?
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 01:39:21 AM

12-15 weeks.  If the second batch, which my two mini rigs are in, ships by the end of this month, they'll have met that timeframe.  Last week, Sonny told me they're about two weeks behind on the first batch, but on schedule for the second batch.

Regarding current lead times, there was a post by someone at BFL in the last week or two that said most likely the shorter end of 12-15 weeks.
BFL (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 02:36:41 AM

12-15 weeks.  If the second batch, which my two mini rigs are in, ships by the end of this month, they'll have met that timeframe.  Last week, Sonny told me they're about two weeks behind on the first batch, but on schedule for the second batch.

Regarding current lead times, there was a post by someone at BFL in the last week or two that said most likely the shorter end of 12-15 weeks.

Hi guys, sorry if we've missed forum participation more than usual lately.  We're well focused on Mini Rig initial delivery, but in sum...  I can generally confirm the comments of WP above.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
hashking

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:15:33 AM

Anyone interested in a road trip to bfl.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85738
lexa500

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 09:59:47 AM

Is it possible to make delivery invoice with low price (smth. around $2000)? this would help to avoid tax in my country.
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 01:12:11 AM

Does anyone actually own one of these things? I'd love to buy one or two of them if I could actually see what they look like and get a detailed breakdown of whats inside.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 01:16:07 AM

Does anyone actually own one of these things? I'd love to buy one or two of them if I could actually see what they look like and get a detailed breakdown of whats inside.

They haven't been shipped out yet. They look awesome and are essentially a bunch of next gen Singles in a box Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 01:17:31 AM

None have shipped so far they claim that the reason they have shipped so few of the single units over the last couple of weeks is to work on getting these out the door plus they supposedly have big ASIC announcement due on the 15th of June that makes these machines obsolete.
BFL (OP)

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 01:24:31 AM

None have shipped so far they claim that the reason they have shipped so few of the single units over the last couple of weeks is to work on getting these out the door plus they supposedly have big ASIC announcement due on the 15th of June that makes these machines obsolete.

Dillgaf, nobody ever said such a thing.  Quite the opposite, actually.  We have two distinctly separate production lines.  The singles are shipping in volume again and have been for some time.  

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
DILLIGAF

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 02:17:11 AM

Dillgaf, nobody ever said such a thing.  Quite the opposite, actually.  We have two distinctly separate production lines.  The singles are shipping in volume again and have been for some time.  

Believe it was BFL-engineer who said that in one of the threads and if by volume you mean next to no one on this board reporting much for shipping of their singles to them then yeah you must be shipping tons of them.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 02:18:44 AM

Believe it was BFL-engineer who said that in one of the threads and if by volume you mean next to no one on this board reporting much for shipping of their singles to them then yeah you must be shipping tons of them.
Believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around the forum, and no reports of shipments doesn't mean squat.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 02:20:34 AM

Mr. FUD at it again.

Are the only people who mine BTC registered on the forums? Do they all have to register here before they can install the bitcoin client? Do you have BFL's client list and know that only people registered on the forums buy singles or mini rigs?

You would be wise to moderate yourself. If you need to take your anger out on someone, maybe you should look in the mirror.
DILLIGAF

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 02:28:21 AM

Mr. FUD at it again.

Are the only people who mine BTC registered on the forums? Do they all have to register here before they can install the bitcoin client? Do you have BFL's client list and know that only people registered on the forums buy singles or mini rigs?

You would be wise to moderate yourself. If you need to take your anger out on someone, maybe you should look in the mirror.

Bitter little troll yet again eh? Well it is certainly not FUD that you are not paying your bonds out of a 200gh/s farm which you don't have and I notice did not reply to that question when I asked it, again just another chime in to spread your personal attack on me once more.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 03:25:06 AM

Mr. FUD at it again.

Bitter little troll yet again eh? Well it is certainly not FUD that you are not paying your bonds out of a 200gh/s farm which you don't have and I notice did not reply to that question when I asked it, again just another chime in to spread your personal attack on me once more.

If you create an asset and sell X Ymh/s bonds, and don't actually have any mining hardware but still pay out what you should, who cares?

Also,
not paying your bonds out of a 200gh/s farm which you don't have
Double negative, so you're arguing against yourself Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 03:37:28 AM

Mr. FUD at it again.

If you create an asset and sell X Ymh/s bonds, and don't actually have any mining hardware but still pay out what you should, who cares?

Also,
not paying your bonds out of a 200gh/s farm which you don't have
Double negative, so you're arguing against yourself Tongue

... Well... based on technicalities alone

A X MH/s Farm SHOULD produce Y Bitcoins a day, and it would probably be acceptable to payout Y Bitcoins a day, but Y is just an estimation of possible output, could be more, could be less...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: