Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:48:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burger King Dares Obama To Stop It From Fleeing to Canada  (Read 4378 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:53:11 PM

Where are you from ?

Romania , and looking at timetables....
I find it even more interesting that you have the same posting hours even while split by a 5 hours timezone  =)))))))
Sure you aren't the other guy ?

ps. do me and the rest of guys reading topics where you (or both) post your opinions a favor.. stop making those two miles long quotes Smiley If i had a mouse he would be in pain but right now it's my finger who is digging trenches in my tablet Smiley
I can assure you that i am i and i am not umair127...if i was a woman i would tought you have a crush on me,since you check me ,you even check what time i post.Now i am intrested in you  Grin lest see what time you start posting and if you have "a brother "here too.
ps. do me and the rest of guys reading topics where you (or both) post your opinions a favor.. stop making those two miles long quotes Smiley If i had a mouse he would be in pain but right now it's my finger who is digging trenches in my tablet Smiley
hmmmm....so you or you are the other guys here too?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:57:22 PM

So sana8410,my friend, we go back to our Burger King talk or we have to show our social security to niothor ?Btw ,you english is very good for a romanian guy,niothor.

wassupman

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:13:36 PM

What we need to do if they do leave this country is to do a total boycott so they go broke.  Perhaps if we would do that to each business that moves their jobs overseas then we can have the tax dollars needed to rebuild our country that made this corporation rich.  We need the people in this country to stand up and tell corporate America that we will no longer put up with their bullshit.

Its simple, send them a message if they won't pay the taxes they owe to the American people then the American people should respond by not buying anything from them.   We know the government won't do anything to help as long as the tea party holds sway.
umair127

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:16:32 PM

What we need to do if they do leave this country is to do a total boycott so they go broke.  Perhaps if we would do that to each business that moves their jobs overseas then we can have the tax dollars needed to rebuild our country that made this corporation rich.  We need the people in this country to stand up and tell corporate America that we will no longer put up with their bullshit.

Its simple, send them a message if they won't pay the taxes they owe to the American people then the American people should respond by not buying anything from them.   We know the government won't do anything to help as long as the tea party holds sway.
Here's another thing - the right keep talking about the evil President Obama and his horrible taxes on corporations. Here is the chart of corporate tax rates for America through 2013. Look at the corporate tax rates during boom times for America, and look at what they are today. these claims that this President is taxing corporations out of business are pure bullshit. The last time corporate tax rates were as low as they are now was in the immediate aftermath of WWII.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:20:00 PM

I realize high taxes are not an issue for you, but some of us pay through the nose, and we're tired of it.  Same for corporations where the US has the highest tax rate in the world.   Like I said...corporations are in business to make a profit for their shareholders.   I realize that's a concept lost on someone like you who worked for a government entity.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
umair127

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:32:10 PM

I realize high taxes are not an issue for you, but some of us pay through the nose, and we're tired of it.  Same for corporations where the US has the highest tax rate in the world.   Like I said...corporations are in business to make a profit for their shareholders.   I realize that's a concept lost on someone like you who worked for a government entity.
The FACTS are that corporate taxes are at the lowest levels since WWII, and corporate profits have already recovered even from the economic collapse of 2008.

As for Burger King's Canada connection, I read more about it. They're doing this by purchasing Tim Horton's.  When I visited Canada a couple of years ago, I stopped several times in Tim Horton's stores. They're like our Dunkin Donuts. I just hope for Canada's sake that Burger King doesn't ruin them.

sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:02:30 PM

The FACTS are that corporate taxes are at the lowest levels since WWII, and corporate profits have already recovered even from the economic collapse of 2008.

As for Burger King's Canada connection, I read more about it. They're doing this by purchasing Tim Horton's.  When I visited Canada a couple of years ago, I stopped several times in Tim Horton's stores. They're like our Dunkin Donuts. I just hope for Canada's sake that Burger King doesn't ruin them.
Facts are always helpful. Here are some useful facts:

Burger King pays an effective tax rate of 27% in the US due to the plethora of tax loopholes.
Canada has a corporate tax rate of 26%, hardly a huge savings there.
Profitable corporations in the US pay an average tax rate of 13%, making the top rate more unreal than real.
Corporate revenues constitute a smaller percentage of federal revenues than any time in the last 50 years today. So much for the regressive Obama rates.
US corporate profits are at record highs as are mergers funded by high profits. Our corporations have never had it better.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:09:54 AM

I realize high taxes are not an issue for you, but some of us pay through the nose, and we're tired of it.  Same for corporations where the US has the highest tax rate in the world.   Like I said...corporations are in business to make a profit for their shareholders.   I realize that's a concept lost on someone like you who worked for a government entity.

Facts are always helpful. Here are some useful facts:

Burger King pays an effective tax rate of 27% in the US due to the plethora of tax loopholes.
Canada has a corporate tax rate of 26%, hardly a huge savings there.
Profitable corporations in the US pay an average tax rate of 13%, making the top rate more unreal than real.
Corporate revenues constitute a smaller percentage of federal revenues than any time in the last 50 years today. So much for the regressive Obama rates.
US corporate profits are at record highs as are mergers funded by high profits. Our corporations have never had it better.
You are not making a fair comparison. You are comparing the top Canadian rate to the effective US rate that Burger King pays. Once you factor in the tax "loopholes" then they would pay a much lower effective rate. Also you need to remember that the US will charge tax on income regardless of where the income is earned while every other developed nation will charge tax on only income earned in that country.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:02:55 AM

I realize high taxes are not an issue for you, but some of us pay through the nose, and we're tired of it.  Same for corporations where the US has the highest tax rate in the world.   Like I said...corporations are in business to make a profit for their shareholders.   I realize that's a concept lost on someone like you who worked for a government entity.

Corporate taxes have really not changed meaningfully in a very long time. The tax code has only gotten more complicated. You also have the issue that the US has the highest marginal tax rate in the modern world and is the only country that taxes worldwide profits.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:38:21 AM

It's all just a big show.  BK is huffy puffy because some other company or industry is getting more tax breaks.  Apparently their lobbyists didn't get a good roll on their D20.

Ultimately the loser is the American tax payer.  The corporate tax rate is indeed too high in this country - good thing only the honest smaller companies pay it  Roll Eyes

Until the tax code is shredded and all the incentives, "loopholes" (also known as legal bribery) and accounting tricks are removed the middle class will suck an egg while the politicians and large corporations get away with legal embezzlement.

Will it change - probably not since the ones with the quill are being paid by the ones they're supposed to regulate.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:39:11 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11065125/US-taxes-are-far-too-high-no-wonder-companies-are-fleeing.html

Demokrati: Två vargar och ett lamm röstar om lunchmenyn.      Democracy: Two wolfes and a lamb votes about the lunch menu.
Frihet: Ett väl beväpnat lamm opponerar sig mot omröstningen.  Freedom: A well armed lamb opposes the outcome.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:05:16 PM

The thing about US corporate taxes is that lots of multinationals get away with paying an effective rate of just a few percent. Their accounts are saving them billions because of loopholes left in poorly thought out law and policy. The corporations are just going act as close to rational as they can, you can't blame them. Blame the poorly designed system.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

I have yet to understand why BK is moving to Canada. They could move to an even more exotic country, and forget everything about corporate tax. The US? BK is a world-wide business. I've seen their restaurants in many countries. I wonder how much of their income comes from the US. If it's less than half, they have no obligation at all towards that country.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:49:41 PM

I have yet to understand why BK is moving to Canada. They could move to an even more exotic country, and forget everything about corporate tax. The US? BK is a world-wide business. I've seen their restaurants in many countries. I wonder how much of their income comes from the US. If it's less than half, they have no obligation at all towards that country.
It is not easy to simply move their legal residence to another country. In the US, in order to do so, the company needs to acquire (or be acquired by) a company that resides in the country their legal residence is being moved to, and the ownership of the newly formed company needs to have a certain percentage of shareholders from the foreign company.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:57:50 PM

The thing about US corporate taxes is that lots of multinationals get away with paying an effective rate of just a few percent. Their accounts are saving them billions because of loopholes left in poorly thought out law and policy. The corporations are just going act as close to rational as they can, you can't blame them. Blame the poorly designed system.

It is not a poorly designed system- it achieves everything that government wants it to- fleece the sheep and fatten the wolves then point out how all these chubby wolves are destroying their country!

I agree that corporations are acting in their best interest. Though you cannot blame the system, governments hate tax havens (because they represent competition). A global control grid that taken money from the only people actually providing something (corrupt or not) will contract this mess even faster.

The 'system' will never be fixed because there are too many invested parties for real change to occur.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

It is not easy to simply move their legal residence to another country. In the US, in order to do so, the company needs to acquire (or be acquired by) a company that resides in the country their legal residence is being moved to, and the ownership of the newly formed company needs to have a certain percentage of shareholders from the foreign company.

No big deal. In Turks and Caicos, lawyers always have ready-made companies under their arm. A few guys walk into their office, and they leave with a new company, sharing ownership between them. Some paper work needed to transfer the shares, and it's a done deal. It's funny some people criticizes BK, Apple or Google are much more aggressive in theirs ways to avoid tax.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:03:38 AM

Don't forget to bring your towel ! Roll Eyes

That blood smoke coming off your abused animal carcass is getting you (and your kids) HIGH ! Shocked

I'll bet you're soo high you have noo idea what is going on ! Tongue

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:43:48 AM

Ha. Who cares if BK leaves the US? I'm more concerned that BK will ruin Tim Horton's.

IF this thing goes through, hopefully they keep BK and Tim Horton's separate operations that are just owned under the same roof. There's no need for the King to dip his ugly face in our good coffee and donuts.

Tim Horton (the hockey player) deserves better.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:21:05 AM

No big deal. In Turks and Caicos, lawyers always have ready-made companies under their arm. A few guys walk into their office, and they leave with a new company, sharing ownership between them. Some paper work needed to transfer the shares, and it's a done deal. It's funny some people criticizes BK, Apple or Google are much more aggressive in theirs ways to avoid tax.

It's because US politicians are looking for votes and they can get votes by blaming corporations for the reasons there aren't enough tax dollars to pay for things the voters want. Collusion is a lot easier in a small country like T&C.

harry_weener

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:49:11 AM

Ha. Who cares if BK leaves the US? I'm more concerned that BK will ruin Tim Horton's.

IF this thing goes through, hopefully they keep BK and Tim Horton's separate operations that are just owned under the same roof. There's no need for the King to dip his ugly face in our good coffee and donuts.

Tim Horton (the hockey player) deserves better.

Tim Horton can fuck right off. Timmy and his penis-pal Ron Joyce are liars and frauds and they suck Lucifer's filthy dick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Horton

http://www.gematrix.org/?word=miles+gilbert+horton

Tim Horton was initiated as Master Mason at Kroy Lodge No. 676, Thornhill, Ontario in 1962.
http://www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/biogra.../horton_t.html

At 44 years of age, with his NHL hockey career having already seen it's best days, problems with his alcohol and drug-addicted wife Lori and their 4 teenage daughters, Tim Horton and co-conspirator / business partner Ron Joyce along with their masonic pals in the Ontario Provincial Police and allied doctors and hospital staff at St. Catharine's Hospital in Ontario, staged a fake car accident and falsely declared that Tim Horton was killed in that accident.

Dave "Punch Imlach" Gillis http://www.stgeorges15.com/lodge/Pho...013-14.html#16 gave Tim Horton the car that he supposedly wrecked and killed himself in. That was only one of the two white De Tomaso Pantera's that Imlach had acquired; the other was wrecked prior and then left at the fake accident scene to be photographed as part of the hoax.

Tim Horton was already out of the country by the time the fake accident was reported to have happened, at 4:33 that February morning.

Falsified police and hospital records as well as staged accident scene photographs can be seen here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/49172862/T...and-Other-Docs

Reports that Tim Horton was drunk and speeding at the time of the so-called accident are pure bullshit, meant as a controversial distraction and smokescreen to further ensure success of the hoax.

Nice exit strategy, Timmy. Divorcing his wife and leaving his 4 daughters would have cost him plenty in child support and alimony (way more than a measly $1,000,000, eh Ron?). Killing Lori would mean that he would have to take care of his 4 teenage daughters on his own. Fuck that shit, Tim says. Faking his own death was his best bet. Timmy had his sights set on spending his newly found retirement time fishing in the Caymans or South Pacific and getting blown by underage hula girls. Once in a while maybe dash over to Switzerland and play some hockey with the Swiss Nazi Templars. Maybe sip some wine and swap a handjob or two with Maurice Strong while he's there.

About a year after Tim's "demise", his bum-buddy / partner / ex-police officer Ron Joyce approached Horton's widow (and was banging her too lol) and offered her $1,000,000 and a brand new Cadillac for her half of the donut business that she had inherited after Horton's "departure", even including all the rights to use Tim Horton's name. Still grieving over the loss of her Timmy, she signed away everything to Ron Joyce. Score a big one for the masons. Currently, Ron Joyce is listed as the 66th richest Canadian.
http://www.canadianbusiness.com/list...anadians-2015/
http://www.forbes.com/profile/ronald-joyce-2

There is much more to this story that needs to be told, and you can bet
your chocolatey donut hole that it will be told. Stay tuned.

FUCK TIM HORTON IN THE ASS WITH A CHOCOLATE HOCKEY STICK

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: