Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining: Mixing cards?  (Read 747 times)
karelle.schamberger (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 09:50:27 PM

Hi,

Quick question. If I'm already mining on a 6790 but have a 5380, can I mix the two? I'm on Linux, using phoenix miner and the ATI SDK, naturally.

I thought I read somewhere that you can't run the 5xxx series with the 6xxx series but I can't remember where, and I can't find any resources online about this.

Thank you in advance!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 10:00:03 PM

Hi,

Quick question. If I'm already mining on a 6790 but have a 5380, can I mix the two? I'm on Linux, using phoenix miner and the ATI SDK, naturally.

I thought I read somewhere that you can't run the 5xxx series with the 6xxx series but I can't remember where, and I can't find any resources online about this.

Thank you in advance!

Don't know where you would get that impression I have three boxes that run a mix of 5 & 6 series cards together they work fine.
ELT

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 10:40:12 PM

eYou can run them fine, but the Catalyst tools will only show one or the other in the menus, probably based on what slot they are in.  On mine I have 6xxx in the first two slots and a 5xxx in the last slot and everything only allows me to overclock the 6xxx, but I can monitor all of them fine from the various tools., just not control the clock speeds.

ELT
karelle.schamberger (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 11:32:18 PM

eYou can run them fine, but the Catalyst tools will only show one or the other in the menus, probably based on what slot they are in.  On mine I have 6xxx in the first two slots and a 5xxx in the last slot and everything only allows me to overclock the 6xxx, but I can monitor all of them fine from the various tools., just not control the clock speeds.

ELT

Do you know if using the aticonfig command from the commandline on Linux will let me overclock the cards in other slots?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 12:45:08 AM

Just use cgminer to control the cards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: