Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ububtu 14 32 bit, Qt errors out the wazoo!  (Read 1729 times)
Dimelord (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:59:44 PM

So I recently switched my laptop from Linux Mint 16 to Ubuntu 14.04. I was trying to build a wallet based on the Bitcoin 8.3 client,but I got all sorts of errors. I attempted it on the IDE and the terminal, nothing works. Is it hopeless to try and build an outdated wallet on 14.04 or am I missing something simple? I guess we just need to update to the latest Bitcoin version.
bitsta

Activity: 518

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:33:38 PM

So I recently switched my laptop from Linux Mint 16 to Ubuntu 14.04. I was trying to build a wallet based on the Bitcoin 8.3 client,but I got all sorts of errors. I attempted it on the IDE and the terminal, nothing works. Is it hopeless to try and build an outdated wallet on 14.04 or am I missing something simple? I guess we just need to update to the latest Bitcoin version.

any error-outputs??
Dimelord (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:50:10 PM

When I compiled on Qt creator, it gave me 1000+ errors all saying "undefined reference to-" I can try again to give you some of the exact errors.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Have you installed all the dependencies listed in the README/INSTALL files ?

Also.. You should just be able to download and run the binary without compiling it yourself, if that is any help to you.

Dare

Activity: 508

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 05:41:00 PM

Have you tried building the current Bitcoin client the same way, and if so, does it work? Also, have you tried building with the standard build scripts (./autogen.sh; ./configure; make)? It may be an issue with missing dependencies, or (less likely) a bug in the code of the wallet you're attempting to build.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Dimelord (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:12:40 PM

Have you tried building the current Bitcoin client the same way, and if so, does it work? Also, have you tried building with the standard build scripts (./autogen.sh; ./configure; make)? It may be an issue with missing dependencies, or (less likely) a bug in the code of the wallet you're attempting to build.
The reason I posted this is becuase I never had issues before with the code. I originally compiled it on Mint 16 (32), with no issues. I switched to Ubuntu 14.04, re-added all the deps and all these issues came up. Also weirdly, I can't get the executable built on Mint to run on Ubuntu.... I will try the original bitcoin 8.3 to see if I get the same errors.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:14:54 PM

I'm running the 32 bit at the moment after breaking my other computer.

It's shit in comparison.

Better to use Mint if you have had more luck in the past.

I'm thinking of switching to Arch because i can run 64 bit on this particular computer.

Make sure you build using QT4.8 for an early version of BTC, not 5+.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Dimelord (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:54:54 PM

I'm running the 32 bit at the moment after breaking my other computer.

It's shit in comparison.

Better to use Mint if you have had more luck in the past.

I'm thinking of switching to Arch because i can run 64 bit on this particular computer.

Make sure you build using QT4.8 for an early version of BTC, not 5+.

yep, running 4.8. It's the source from dimecoin.co. Could you ever get it to compile?
bitsta

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:13:32 AM

The reason I posted this is becuase I never had issues before with the code. I originally compiled it on Mint 16 (32), with no issues. I switched to Ubuntu 14.04, re-added all the deps and all these issues came up. Also weirdly, I can't get the executable built on Mint to run on Ubuntu.... I will try the original bitcoin 8.3 to see if I get the same errors.

can you pastebin the compiling-output please. i think the issue is wrong deps for 14.04.

Dimelord (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:39:21 AM

can you pastebin the compiling-output please. i think the issue is wrong deps for 14.04.

Not sure how you embed the pastebin into here, here's the link. http://pastebin.com/eQ2G2C7E
Dimelord (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:40:09 AM

Not sure how you embed the pastebin into here, here's the link. http://pastebin.com/eQ2G2C7E
2213 errors...
Dare

Activity: 508

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 04:44:24 AM

If you've changed your OS, then "never had issues before" doesn't really apply.

From your compile output:
/bin/sh: 1: ./build_detect_platform: Permission denied
I remember having this problem when making my own altcoin; check to make sure that script (under src/leveldb) is executable, and if not fixing it should solve at least some of your problems. The next block of errors below that one involves linker errors with files of the wrong architecture, so it may help.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

I compiled the current version 0.9.2.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit last week without issue, just as a datapoint.

Your pastebin is for dimecoin though, so perhaps there are differences there too.

Is ./build_detect_platform  executable? 

chmod it to fix that.
bitsta

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:37:23 PM

i guess wrong dependcies are the issue.
please check also the permissions like stated above.
and set them correctly if necessary (chmod).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: