Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:56:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now Open-Dream Islands games (for newbies section)  (Read 840 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 10:32:15 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 11:03:37 AM by film2240

I'm making a thread of a lottery I'm running on these forums. Read this:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90059.0 for more info.
I'm posting this here so that the newbies can enter without having to wait before being allowed to post in the other sections of this forum.please read and if interested (and a newbie),please enter here.

Update on the Dream Islands games (formerly the lottery and same info here as in the main thread):
Welcome to the new and improved games which is now open.
Expect to hear more about the new and improved games soon.
The old thread was locked as that was no longer relevant to these games now.
More info is available on the updated website:http://film2240.webs.com/dreamislandsgames.htm

Benefits (quote from the website):
1.Better and fairer winner selection system (now based partly on the blockchain although this is under development.)
2.New game types such as The Redeemer (gamble for good causes.1/3 of winnings go to good causes while you get to keep 2/3 of total jackpot) as well as other games to play.
2b.The winner gets to choose which good causes the 1/3 of the jackpot goes to. If no choice is made,this'll go straight to the Dream Islands Foundation (a non-profit that decides which good causes the money goes to).
3.More anonymous (i.e no need to tell me you've entered anymore as I've managed to find a solution to this now.Use the website to enter.)
4.More frequent games. (once a fortnight rather than once a month although this is improving)
5.Higher stakes = bigger jackpots.
6.Hopefully more interesting. Smiley
7.Each game type will be unique in some way so that no game feels the same or gets boring.(E.g The Redeemer game type has a different method of winner selection to the lottery.)
8.The games will be more inclusive for everyone (i.e newbies will no longer be left out like before where the newbie friendly games was released later than they should have).
9.The games will continue the tradition of democratic feedback which equals a higher quality experience while giving the freedom to change what each round/game should be like depending on user preference.

Available games (Now live):
1.Round 2 of the lottery.Entry is 0.1 BTC now.
2.The Redeemer (gamble for good causes) 0.2 BTC entry fee.
3.BTC Bingo (Entry 0.05BTC)-Enter by posting 6 random numbers of your choice.Each number can be from 0-50.The draw will begin after the 2 week round ends.
4.More will come over time depending on feedback of users.
5.[New entry] Litecoin gambler-Enter by sending LTC to LbTrAtf67th7DR9jeYgmLnSGAe89SrEEHj and by simply posting your LTC address.Winner will be chosen randomly via same system that goes for all games now.

Just a taste of things to come. Trolling is not welcome.I'm now welcome to feedback and suggestions on what you think of the new and upcoming developments. Smiley
Tip:For Litecoin (LTC) users,please read this thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93439.0 If you are a newbie and wish to use LTC,please enter with the addresses in the link and reply to this thread with only their LTC address to make life easier for newbies. Enjoy Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 10:24:15 AM

2 tickets please  Smiley i'm, up for it, an idea though, maybe make it monthly as to avoid confusion of dates?
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 10:27:05 AM

2 tickets please  Smiley i'm, up for it, an idea though, maybe make it monthly as to avoid confusion of dates?

Thanks for your interest send a PM along with payment so I can issue you a ticket number,thanks Smiley

I just got your transaction.Will send you a ticket no soon Smiley

Edit:Sent PM containing your ticket numbers.

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 10:44:51 AM

As to your other feedback about it being monthly,I've organised it into rounds (this is currently round 1) so that if I'm unable to run the lottery for a month due to circumstances that everyone will have a fair chance of entering and winning.

Running it every month would be ideal though if only I had the time or could find someone suitable to help cover the games if I'm not here to help (no-one found yet). The round usually finishes when the jackpot is full (although I suppose I could speed up future rounds by giving the winner whatever the available jackpot was at the end of that round rather than the present approach of waiting for it to be full)

Word of advice to all-It's generally best to wait until theres a one confirm in your clients before sending me a PM saying you've entered and asking for a ticket number as it'll make life easier for you by making sure you've made a successful entry into the lottery. If in doubt,PM me and I'll try my best to help you.

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 04:37:57 PM

Only a day left to enter the lottery.If you haven't entered yet,don't miss out on the chance to win the jackpot Smiley

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 05:32:02 PM

I've added a new method of entry.You can now enter the different games with Litecoins as well as Bitcoins.This is due to increased interest in the LTC currency recently.

If you like it,please tip me (LTC):Lh1LBVWhme9oFrSi6S3govX687YRkTB2Qq

I'll also need feedback with the LTC features so I can make sure that it works the way it should.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: