Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could someone provide evidence that the majority of Russians aren't insane?  (Read 10526 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

Keeping in mind I'm well-aware more than half the Russians on here are probably Thieves, I'm seriously interested in trying to understand Russians' surprisingly widespread support of Putin/Medvedev while the Russian government continues restricting basic human rights.

First and biggest -- Russians seemed to truly HATE Yeltsin. Chechnya was/is a disaster, the economy crashed terribly, he nearly started a full-blown civil war initiated by parliament and his vice president only ~20 years ago (after attempting to unconstitutionally dissolve parliament, presumably because Yeltsin was hammered and belligerent that day), repeatedly came out as a disreputable liar on the International scene with regards to POW statuses and human rights violations (made odd because it was Yeltsin who admitted it), and then hand-picked Putin (who later hand-picked Medvedev). Yeltsin went out with a 2-10% approval rating, but Putin's numbers are considered "low" when they go in the high 60s (lately, it flicks around between 80-90%).

Putin continues imperialist policy in Chechnya while trying to take a high moral ground in Ukraine, a long-standing policy which led to the Beslan school tragedy. In response to that tragedy, Putin waged a war against human rights and privacy, blaming everything but his anti-Chechen policies and introducing what was called the Russian PATRIOT Act. Putin has continued cracking down on journalism, freedom of speech, and privacy rights, with Russia having a tragically high amount of unresolved murders of journalists and recently forcing what any normal person would call a small blog to adhere to repeating Russian fairy tales without deviation or face prosecution.

Putin and Medvedev are "anti-corruption" publicly, but in a Snowden cable which has oddly been ignored by all media (including Western), the Russian Mafia branches were alleged by credible source to operate (and likely still do, though the Moscow mayor Luzhkov, a co-founder of Russia's ruling party, was fired) not only with a FSB/KGB wink and nudge, but armed protection.

Are Russians anti-Russian or just blindly pro-KGB? -Or maybe Russians are just so pleased with the modest post-Yeltsin economic recovery, non-economic quality of life decline is able to be ignored.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:13:50 PM

Nationalism run strong for the country.

I do not think majority of them considered themselves thief. Just taking back what belong to them in the first place before western companies bought good asset on the penny on the dollar.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:43:56 PM

One of the main things I've heard about Russians is that they're generally not favorable of black folks, among others.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:12:50 PM

One of the main things I've heard about Russians is that they're generally not favorable of black folks, among others.

There are 100,000 or so skinheads in Russia, so there will be a disproportionately large number of racist attacks against the non-native groups. These attacks have been reported against Blacks, Asians, and even black-haired whites (Greeks, Italians.etc). But keep in mind that similar instances occur everywhere in the world. USA, Germany, Turkey, and even in South Africa.

That said, tens of thousands of blacks live and work in Russia. All the major Universities of Russia give scholarships to African students and a lot of black players participate in the Russian sports sector.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:57:26 PM

That said, tens of thousands of blacks live and work in Russia. All the major Universities of Russia give scholarships to African students and a lot of black players participate in the Russian sports sector.
It's funny that many of them are speaking russian much better than natives. Not only official style, but also everyday language including quite rich set of words from obscene vocabulary.
Pagan

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:23:58 PM

Russia is failed state

via Max Skibinsky: no Russian

Many people in Silicon Valley inquired over the years why I was not coming back to Russia often (I visited once in two decades) or why I’m not spending much time helping Russian startups. I usually answered these questions in generalities while keeping my grim thoughts and predictions to myself. The events of the past few days, unfortunately, show that the worst predictions I feared all these years did come true. The nightmare scenario is now unfolding as we speak, and Russia position in the world is now altered forever.

The mass murder of passengers & crew of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 using Russian’s weapons and (most likely) by hands of Russian military squad exposed to the world  that Russia is now complicit in committing crimes against humanity. That was quite a journey for a country that just six months ago were considered a full member of the global community, even if notoriously ornery one. How was it possible for things to collapse so far and so fast?
The Empire of Lies

“How did you go bankrupt?”
    “Two ways, gradually and then suddenly”
    -Ernest Hemingway

To understand Russia’s lighting fast descend into the abyss one has to understand a simple truth that many (myself included) suspect all along: Russia was and is a failed state. What is seen from the outside is just a facade imitating a functional country and government. High oil prices, residual infrastructure of USSR and internal mass propaganda machine maintained the illusion for more than a decade.

Silicon Valley is far removed from that part of the world (Russia is non-entity when it comes to startups and innovation, besides being inexhaustible source of great engineers, we will come back to that), so let’s review some basic facts about Russia.

In simple terms, Russia is a mafia state. All the way from Moscow to regions and to small towns, everything is controlled by various mafia gangs. Police and judiciary are parts of most powerful gangs. They usually assist in extortion or theft of property earned by local small and medium size businessmen. Big business is subject to federal mafia clan wars.

The mafia-state formation is logical consequence of Russian economy: it is totally dominated by oil and gas revenues. Oil, gas and derivatives provide meaningful employment to about 1M people. Russian population is about 150M. How do they survive? The majority depends on various forms of government handouts.

With russian-style oil production you don’t have to think, innovate or even hire smart people. All you have to do is to cash the check. Gazprom is ranked as one of the most grossly inefficient enterprises in the world. So what happens when a small, totally incompetent minority controls country-wide oil rent while the rest of 149 million people are a burden? The answer is obvious: that 1M would create a mafia state to keep the rest of 149M in check by means of police and judiciary abuse and mass propaganda.

Russian propaganda machine is vast, it now exceeds the one of Soviet Union. Official TV propaganda lies professionally and constantly. There are no independent TV channels; everything is controlled by government stooges. The “news” teams employ special teams that do video editing and fabrications to present absolutely falsified accounts for TV transmission. Then these fabrications are broadcast to brainwash captive population.

The population at large is, statistically speaking, not very bright. Many are deranged from overuse of alcohol or drugs. A big number are simply aging elderly rooted in USSR-centric mindset who never adjusted to the modern world. Most of them do not “work” in the sense we understand full-time employment here: they occupy placeholder positions sponsored by the government. Being dependent their whole life on government help, they are psychologically unable even to think government can do something wrong.

The families, wives, children of Russian elite (think top 1% of that 1M strong oil & gas service clan) doesn’t live in the country. They actually despise Russia and it’s people. All of the live in the west, many in London: Russian’s oligarch family spending is major contributing factor to London overall economy. They have absolutely no long term interest in Russian country or population survival.

Corruption and theft are endemic. Recent Olympic games ended up most expensive in history of the planet not because they were so well built: it was because it gave an excuse to a huge number of mafia clans to steal on a gigantic scale.

Modern Russia is not a weaker version of Soviet Union “empire of evil.” This capability is, thankfully, long gone. Russia is “cargo cult” of Soviet empire. It lacks competent professionals, leaders and minimal work ethics to accomplish anything on that scale. It just have enough capacity to cover everything in a blanket of lies, and as long as it works on captive domestic population that is all that it’s leaders need to keep channeling profits from Russia to London accounts.

The best way to understand modern Russia is to imagine a steep pyramid. At the very top there is a clique of KGB-affiliated oligarchs, who manage barely-competent class of middle-managers (which can and do steal a fraction of everything they touch) which in turn sit on top of largely brainwashed and deranged mass population living on life-long government welfare.

Needless to say this is most toxic environment imaginable to incubate a startup ecosystem.

Creative Class

Despite all that titanic effort, modern technology is far more powerful than any attempts by a backward medieval government to hold it back. Internet, web and mobile formed so called “creative class” in Russia. In general, these folk are young, smart, energetic, totally in tune how to leverage modern technology to find out the truth or to achieve their goals. They were the spearhead and main organizers of December 2011 protests against Putin’s mafia state. When you see smart young Russian engineer in Silicon Valley, most likely, you are talking with a member of this creative class.

Yet, Macbook Pro Retina is a poor weapon when fighting AK-wielding government thugs. Mass propaganda and intimidation do work at mass scale. It is much easier to be dumb and “patriotic” than smart and inquisitive ( even US population had to learn that lesson the hard way after Iraq invasion ).

Creative class was a minority in modern day Russia and there is a strong emergent behaviour that draining their numbers. That is a class of people with the skills most in demand in Europe and USA. During “peaceful” decade of Putin’s rule over two million people emigrated from Russia: this is a number higher then immigration after communist revolution and civil war.

By my estimate there is probably few hundreds of thousands of people in the creative class in Russia. This vocal, yet very small group so far never succeeded at thwarting russian mafia state at anything. Then, recently everything had changed.
Ukrainian Valor

The differences between “Ukrainian” and “Russian” people are cosmetic. The distance between Kiev and Moscow is about same as Sacramento to San Diego. Even today, after all that happened, the most likely language you will hear on the streets of Kiev is Russian. So why Kremlin was so enraged about recent Ukrainian revolution? After all Ukraine has no natural gas or oil, there were no riches to divide, what was the fuss all about?

What happened is that first time in history, large group of ethnic “Russians” had overthrown a mafia clan in a popular uprising. Until then, Ukraine was a satellite state, and exactly because it had no natural oil and gas, much larger portion of the population had to develop “creative class” skills rather than going to work for oil company or police enforcement. Then suddenly this social group had enough heft and popular power to overthrow local mafia don.

You can imagine the amount of terror it produced in the gang occupying Kremlin right now. If was and still is an extensional threat to them, hence they pulled out all the stops to overthrow or destabilize a new government in Kiev, and at the same time whip out xenophobic mass-hysteria in a local population.

At this moment, Kremlin can not really stop. If Kiev government survives, it will fairly quickly unlock economic benefits of non-mafia, free economy. The large parasitic class living by bribes and extortion will be displaced: it will have the same effect as if base tax rate would suddenly drop by a double digit percentage. Next door, progressive Russians would quickly notice and spread information about growing prosperity and opportunity in a city next door. What was half million Euro-leaning progressives, would become a million, then few million: before long you can picture a Gaddafi-style demise for the Kremlin gang.

Kremlin is fighting for its own survival: supplying weapon system and military crew to a roaming criminal gangs is nothing for them in big scheme of things.
Russia’s brand is over

This situation will get worse before it gets better. Kremlin will fight to the last: we will yet see the massive flood of lies and deceit they will unleash to mitigate the anger of their recent mass murder. Very unfortunately everything they do will be branded with the words Russia or Russian. Can’t say the rest of the country is blameless: Putin got a stratospheric 71% support level after annexation of Crimea. Many in creative class would do the logical thing: give up the hopeless fight and emigrate. We are probably going to see another, super-massive wave of immigration coming from Russia in next few years.

I think we came to the end of the line with regards to Russia as a name, culture, a global brand. For the time being the country future is destroyed, police state is well-entrenched and the narrative for the brainwashed locals would be xenophobic tale of struggle with the “West”.

Here is what it all means for Silicon Valley:

Expect to see a lot of resumes coming from Russia. Keep in mind internal situation for smart and talented person is dire, they are not just looking for a job, they looking to save themselves and their families.
    Try to differentiate between “creative class”, a few brave people trying to swim against incredibly dangerous tide and the rest of brainwashed population.
    Help Ukraine. They have terrific outsourcing shops and consulting firms. Send them business if you can. Recent revolution would unlock even more creative force in this economically modest, yet energetic country. They are the first large group of ethnic “russians” who become free on their own power and valor. To understand the scale of that achievement, here is the last group of Russians who were not ruled by khans, czars, communist chairmans or KGB generals: Free Novgorod Republic. That was over 1000 years go. Ukrane was a cradle of Russian civilization – they might become a source of it rebirth yet again.
    Boycott anything and everything related to Russian government and associated banks and corporations. Any business you send to them only strengthen the regime. Your contract dollars will pay for next Buk missile.

Personally, I’m thinking to start calling myself Euro-Slavic instead of “Russian”. It’s a flimsy defense, yet Russian brand, after already being tainted with gulag and the rest of its toxic legacy, is now synonymous with mass murder of innocent civilians. There is nothing of value left to recover.

Updates & Coverage

Bloomberg
The Village
VOA
Euro-slavic translation by AIN:
Ukrainian translation

http://skibinsky.com/no-russian/

StopFake.org

Struggle against fake information about events in Ukraine.
linuxnewbie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:23:08 PM

The whole world is run by Machiavellians, and the vast majority of the world population is simply cognitively dissonant.

For example, if I told a bunch of American teenagers that the US government is responsible for the biggest mass murder in history, I wonder how many would even know what I'm talking about.
DarkForces

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:48:36 PM

Russia is failed state

Personally, I’m thinking to start calling myself Euro-Slavic instead of “Russian”. It’s a flimsy defense, yet Russian brand, after already being tainted with gulag and the rest of its toxic legacy, is now synonymous with mass murder of innocent civilians. There is nothing of value left to recover.

The neo-orwellian doublespeak is the most ridiculous part- they literally think our

population is as stupid and bellicose as theirs. Close, but no cigar.

Russia still denies troops are in Ukraine, as the world can plainly see them.

The Russians are heading for a world of hurt in which their enslaved minorities

(chechen, siberian) and inferior equipment will NOT be able to save them.

SRSLY- the Iraq war proved that russian arms were garbage.

And everyone that bought them realizes this deception. The russians are worse than 2nd class.

I shot Reagan- I shot the Pope.
I shot the Devil- there ain't NO HOPE!
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

Most coherent and cohesive explanation I've read of modern day Russia is here.

Can't be bothered to comment on wether Russians are insane or not - its ridiculous.
blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:16:12 PM

Russia is failed state

The neo-orwellian doublespeak is the most ridiculous part- they literally think our

population is as stupid and bellicose as theirs. Close, but no cigar.

But you need to be clear about what you mean exactly. What I've noticed is that the further east or 'rural' you go, the more people tend to be "clever little cunts". In other words, they can be smart in the same way that a small-time burglar knows lots of tricks. Their contact with Westerners often seems involve scamming the Westerner in some way. Hence, they conclude that the Westerners are the idiots, when in reality they're just thinking on different levels. The Westerner is being cautious about >10 euro scams, while the Russian safely steals 1 euro.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:56:29 PM

Could someone provide evidence that the majority of Russians aren't insane?

I can't do that, but I believe some Russians are innocent. They are prisoners, only getting news controlled by their fascist government, with little contact with foreigners. Last month in Switzerland, I had the opportunity to talk with two Russians and they told me they don't want to go back home. And they said they had many friends like them. Life is just so much nicer in Switzerland (or in the West).

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:20:14 AM

Russia is failed state

via Max Skibinsky: no Russian

Many people in Silicon Valley inquired over the years why I was not coming back to Russia often....

This is  a VERY interesting report.  Thanks.
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:33:47 AM

WOW,

And to think I thought the crypto world was filled with informed individuals.
I genuinely feel sorry for some of you commenting.
Matze

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:35:22 AM

I do not think majority of them considered themselves thief. Just taking back what belong to them in the first place before western companies bought good asset on the penny on the dollar.

I think he was talking about deepnet thieves because this is a bitcoin forum.
Matze

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:36:32 AM

Yeah same about everywhere and it doesn't help when black people do stuff that gets "white folks" riled up.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 03:48:48 AM

WOW,

Hey! Don't try and lump me together with these morons! >_<
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:16:45 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 06:16:53 AM by Kluge

Well. I speculated on a few different directions this thread could go, but this isn't a direction I even considered. Well done for always being surprising, guys. Cheesy

I think he was talking about deepnet thieves because this is a bitcoin forum.
I was -- thieves-in-law, actually - and honestly, though I'm very interested in what's actually happening in Russia as a whole, the Russian Mafia is a very fascinating topic I desperately wish there was better info on. I would be very surprised if there are not more than a handful of operatives on this forum, but that assumes they're as pervasive in Russian economy as the few sources covering them suggest (mostly with unsourced second-hand stuff and testimony from Thieves with an honor code which either did exist and no longer does, or still does but has been diluted, but which would indicate they'd lie for the sake of their fellow Thieves, probably also to media). Supposedly, assuming this "honor code" is not a complete fabrication itself, if I directly PM each Russian and directly ask if they're a Thief, I'll find one and, by my interpretation of honor code, they'd admit to it. I'd guess this would offend more people than this thread, though. Cheesy

Thief-in-law system looks oddly similar to some of the industries which popped up informally toward the beginning of Bitcoin, and there do appear to be some similarities with how certain darknet operations are handled. Do Thieves generally only target Western IP and goods? Most of us over here, I think, have no idea what the Russian Mafia is, and didn't take the Medicare fraud from Armenian members seriously when it happened because a "mafia" sounds so very outdated to us -- we think of the old Italian, Irish, and Jew mafias during Prohibition which more-or-less died out before most of us were born.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:46:37 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 06:19:04 AM by Kluge

Thanks for responding, everyone. I'm not replying in order and am slow.

Can't be bothered to comment on wether Russians are insane or not - its ridiculous.
Thanks. The Russians seem to have a similar reality of crony capitalism as we have in the West (more-or-less -- I'm obviously not qualified to speak so specifically), and a similar anti-compatriot intelligence outfit. Since Reagan, it looks like the leaders of our countries have always been two alpha personalities trying for heavy-handed imperialist policy, where in the West, we call Russians imperialist dogs, and in Russia, they call us imperialist dogs, but perhaps we both are - or our governments, at least.

Almost all of the author's anti-US-regime rhetoric seems to be able to be applied to the Putin/Yeltsin/Medvedev/Gorbachev regime, except that the author seems to suggest Yeltsin chose Putin under duress, a story which allows Putin to be distanced from his failed predecessor. Someone mentioned Machiavelli a while ago, someone people still widely misunderstand -- is Russian anti-Reagan-through-Obama rhetoric veiled (and legal!) anti-Gorbachev-through-Putin rhetoric, or is there a genuine disconnect there?

The extent of Russian Mafia pervasiveness and acceptance by non-Mafia Russians is key to some of my assumptions here, I think, given they have prominent Jewish members while previous oligarchs which exploited the Russian people are labeled as nothing but Jewish, including in that blog. What are some of the widely-held opinions on the Jews as a whole in Russia (or are they often taken as individuals?)?
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:20:18 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 06:40:26 AM by Kluge

WOW,

Would you mind informing us? If you are being honest, please do take pity on us and provide what we need to make better assumptions. "Real" information on the thoughts and opinions of Russians, or even credible information on the Russian government's operations are difficult to come by. I've tried but tend not to believe any of it. However, I can reasonably verify whether or not some posters on this forum are Russian, and can thus trust what they say is at least from a Russian, though not necessarily that they're being truthful. Even when a Western outfit quotes a "Russian" in an article, I tend to doubt the person's ever step foot in Russia, while I also won't trust anything out of their fairy tale distributors. There's too much tension, still, to sift out the irrational when reading a story relating to Russia - at least for me.

For example, I did not know of Max Skibinsky before reading his anti-Russian-government (and, frankly, anti-Russian-seeming) story. For all I know, he is the fiction of the CIA, which I distrust as much as anything which comes or may come from the KGB/FSS. I don't trust he is actually Russian because all I know about the "person" is that he has a very strong opinion on something in a tense space governments go to great lengths to lie about. ... But I would believe in him being a Russian if Silbert or Horowitz would vouch for knowing him before he had his anti-Putin-regime pieces published (which I doubt they will, because to a non-paranoid person, this request is ridiculous, offensive, and for no significant outcome, I think).
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:43:03 AM

Russians aren't insane. They just use their own methods to take things as far as they can. And there probably won't be any real consequence for them in long run.

Key is to understand that Russia isn't about overseas influence just now, but about areas near it. Unlike USA which can't do anything near it's borders.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 10:15:31 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 12:27:55 PM by Nemo1024

"Russians are insane" is just another of those West-coined derogatory stigmas that you simply repeat.

If you are interested in the subject of the Russian mindset and why Putin is popular, I can recommend the following blog:
http://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/
Scroll back through a few posts, you'll find some very good analysis there.
Like, for example, this:
http://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/who-is-really-vladimir-putin-this-may-surprise-you/
and this:
http://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/is-putin-part-of-nwo/
and this:
http://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2014/08/03/yukos-murder-incorporated-and-the-eu-schizophrenia/

As for the black myths and stigmas, as the "insane" one, read the transcript of this documentary, to see the historic roots:
http://stanislavs.org/black-myths-about-rus-from-ivan-the-formidable-until-our-time/

Yeltsin and to some degree Gorbachjov are seen as puppets of the US, much like Poroshenko is now in Ukraine. During Yeltsin's reign all high-ranking officials had advisors/minders from US, and no significant law got passed without a stamp of approval from Washington. Also, don't forget that Chechen war (on both sides) was also financed by a petty criminal turned oligarch Berezovskij, who, after Yeltsin's death fled to London.

Russia now is busy with restoring what was destroyed and stolen in the "wild 90-s", reinstating its national and economic security that was subjugated to "international laws" even in Russian constitution. Putin is the first leader of Russia in probably the last couple hundred years that really promotes Russia's interests, and that can't go unpunished by the competing forces.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:50:55 AM

Yeah same about everywhere and it doesn't help when black people do stuff that gets "white folks" riled up.

Russia is not safe for Blacks. Says someone from a country where the Ferguson riots are ongoing now.  Grin

Just pointing out the irony.

Seriously, why can't the Americans just mind their own business? Do they have to poke their head in every remote corner of the world? Now back to the topic. Someone please provide evidence that the majority of Americans aren't insane.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:07:23 AM

Someone please provide evidence that the majority of Americans aren't insane.
Start your own thread for that. America, except as its governments' policies have affected Russian mindset and Russian government policy, is off-topic and I won't allow it. (and I wouldn't argue we aren't, either)
blablahblah

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:24:40 PM

Do they have any newer material summarising the situation post-Olympics, post-Crimea? The 2013 optimism seems a bit late, and it wouldn't be the first time that I've heard unofficial refugees, immigrants, being many years out of step with whatever life they escaped from.

The blog compartmentalised the different classes into creative and non-creative, but didn't really cover whatever happened to the masses, post 1995-ish. Using the very limited anecdotes available to me, it seems they already went back to being miserable since at least 2005, or around the time when Putin started getting himself perpetually re-elected. Or was that the minority creative class, while the masses were being somehow transformed into fervent nationalists?

An update is required to explain the chasm between Pagan's angle (basically, Russian mafia cronies in panic mode after Ukraine got liberated from Yanukovich's thugs), versus Saker's later posts where they're suddenly using the same "evil Kiev Junta" rhetoric that we've been seeing so much of here.

Liberalised international trade and finance could explain a large part of Putin's popularity, they now have far more gas profits to buy the welfare vote compared to 10 years ago. And a new generation of voters. Putin certainly has some skill in maintaining his popularity. But whatever happened to a wait and see approach, "allowing" the new government in Ukraine (as if they require Russia's permission) to gradually build its legitimacy? Saker complained in 2013 about Western propaganda unfairly vilifying the new-style Russia, but that's nothing compared to the current anti-Ukraine shitstorm, which gives credibility to the side claiming that Russia Mafia are in panic mode.
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:01:29 PM

What about the inability of the Western leaders to understand history,
geopolitics and their own ideological cocoon?

They seem to think history has ended, geography no longer matters
and are genuinely offended (to put it mildly) if someone says no thanks to their brand
of liberal democracy.

They prefer to see the world in terms of heroes and villains. They envisage
themselves as kindergarten teachers who are going to remove that mean
bully Putin and then freedom will be shoved down the throats of the other
children. Just like in Middle east..

Now, is this what you call sanity?

“God does not play dice"
blablahblah

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:54:03 PM

What about the inability of the Western leaders to understand history,
geopolitics and their own ideological cocoon?

They seem to think history has ended, geography no longer matters
and are genuinely offended (to put it mildly) if someone says no thanks to their brand
of liberal democracy.

They prefer to see the world in terms of heroes and villains. They envisage
themselves as kindergarten teachers who are going to remove that mean
bully Putin and then freedom will be shoved down the throats of the other
children. Just like in Middle east..

Now, is this what you call sanity?

Doesn't every new generation start off idealistic, before their dreams and illusions are gradually eroded by their bitter parents and grandparents, or by their information cult?

There's a kind of nice, naive honesty about not caring about ancient historic grievances. You simply accept the status quo and play by the rules, such as: "trade, don't steal", or "love thy neighbour".

In theory, it should be possible to learn raw history to understand certain things. But that education often seems to be tainted with the dark side of human nature. For example, it seems that somebody has been taught they are owed some kind of debt due to ancient battles between ancient ancestors. Rather than just the facts, the Russians have been taught things like nepotism, greed, jealousy and resentment. What I find disgusting is that people often quote >500 year old grievances to justify bloodshed today. If that's not insanity, I don't know what is...

Here's a good one:
Perhaps Russians discover compound interest and decide that they are 'owed' all of the land on the planet due to a battle that was fought in 1100AD?!
blablahblah

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:12:00 PM

There's a kind of nice, naive honesty about not caring about ancient historic grievances. You simply accept the status quo and play by the rules, such as: "trade, don't steal", or "love thy neighbour".

In theory, it should be possible to learn raw history to understand certain things. But that education often seems to be tainted with the dark side of human nature. For example, it seems that somebody has been taught they are owed some kind of debt due to ancient battles between ancient ancestors. Rather than just the facts, the Russians have been taught things like nepotism, greed, jealousy and resentment. What I find disgusting is that people often quote >500 year old grievances to justify bloodshed today. If that's not insanity, I don't know what is...

Or maybe, they weren't really taught those things, just like nobody ever taught Westerners to be consumerist addicts. It's simply a mix of capitalist advertising, companies catering to primitive desires, constant manipulation, and competitive pressure to restrict basic commercial knowledge. Therefore, being a smart person rather than a dumb consumer, requires constant effort and learning to stay ahead.

Similarly, it's feasible that Russia has been conspiring for many years to make some strategic changes. So they simply make some minor adjustments to the way things are taught at school, or minor adjustments in various other areas. But don't blame the messenger. I'm giving the Russians in this forum the opportunity to blame someone else for the apparent huge rise in nationalism Cheesy
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:05:08 PM

The majority of Russians are not insane, they are simply stupid and easily brainwashed.
Being so isn't specific to Russians, the majority of all nations are stupid, but some are really dumb,
and those that lived for a long time under dicktatorships (pun intended) are hopeless.

The few individuals that are smart enough to see beyond the official propaganda won't matter, because
they'll be afraid to speak their minds, and for good reason. The FSB agents like those posting in these
forums the hard-to-believe Russian propaganda would 'take care' of them.

The question should be 'Is Putin insane?' and of course he's not, but he has an agenda, to rebuild the
Soviet empire, and he won't care about thousands of deaths in this process. As long as the death toll
in the ranks of the Russian army stays reasonably low, he will continue the aggression into Ukraine.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have much sympathy for Ukraine, they are as bad (maybe worse?) as Russians when it
comes to minority rights, but in this case they are the victim, and Russia (Putin and his henchmen) is the villain.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
DarkForces

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:24:50 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 12:05:46 AM by DarkForces

Random acts of kindness - Russian dashcams - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBllzlO5KGA

Here's some indirect proof they're fairly normal according to civilized standards.

There was enough random acts of kindness in Russia to make a compilation on Utube.

They are also a pancake loving people, although they eatem strangely, i must support it. I come from a pancake loving people.

Pagan

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

no comments

StopFake.org

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:42:17 PM

Putin is like 4 feet tall and he is clearly insane. He has his picture taken bare chested Riding a pig or whatever it was. Trying to be "Manlike"  He is pissed off because he is shorter than Napolean and his pecker is only 2". He wants his war to show he is a "Big Man" but in reality he is small in all aspects of life.

Angry little Vodka fueled rage is what he has. Fact is Little man Putin is putting the world on the Brink of WW3 and his little Ego Might be put back into Check Mate since the Entire planet is condemning and watching his every "Tiny" movement.

The Good Russian people should overthrow this Vermin and replace him with a more Stable minded person. The world was a better place with Russia before him.

Hi got a black belt in Judo and is a Gran Master in Sambo, can't argue against that.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 05:56:53 PM

Kluge, let me reverse the question. As this whole "Russians are insane" stigma is a Western invention (I think it originated in the Hollywood propaganda film "The Hunt for Red October", but maybe earlier), and as those who make a hypothesis have the burden of proving it, let me ask:

Could someone from the West provide evidence that the majority of Russians are insane?

Putin is like 4 feet tall and he is clearly insane. He has his picture taken bare chested Riding a pig or whatever it was. Trying to be "Manlike"  He is pissed off because he is shorter than Napolean and his pecker is only 2". He wants his war to show he is a "Big Man" but in reality he is small in all aspects of life.

Angry little Vodka fueled rage is what he has. Fact is Little man Putin is putting the world on the Brink of WW3 and his little Ego Might be put back into Check Mate since the Entire planet is condemning and watching his every "Tiny" movement.

The Good Russian people should overthrow this Vermin and replace him with a more Stable minded person. The world was a better place with Russia before him.

Funny to see this remark full of rage about a man who has shown the most level-headedness and calm in this turbulent political atmosphere..  Roll Eyes
But it reinforces the pattern that whenever Russia has a strong leader that is good for Russia, that leader gets foul-mouthed from the West, and whenever Russia has a weak leader that leads the country into ruin, that leader gets praised in the West.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
DarkForces

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:40:39 PM

Russia is the homeland of Pussy Riot, which gives them some points in my book.

They are experiencing punk rock style anarcho-freedom, and the Russians imprisoned them,

but did not KILL them, which is a good sign of tolerance, for their system, at least.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:31:10 AM

They are experiencing punk rock style anarcho-freedom, and the Russians imprisoned them,
Have you added their public acts of animal sex into your book?

http://rutube.ru/video/cf2ef300b1874c7d3da8f5d8f6a50ae8/

DarkForces

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:38:28 AM

Have you added their public acts of animal sex into your book?

http://rutube.ru/video/cf2ef300b1874c7d3da8f5d8f6a50ae8/

HMMM. The animal sex routine exposes a strange facet of the Russian psyche best left unexplored.......

They still don't beat GG Allin's feces eating routine. I will NOT post a link.

HEY, this thread is supposed to be evidence Russos aren't utterly batshit crazy

hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:51:31 AM

Do not equate creativity and new ideas with insanity.

The difference between the two can be blurred at times.
DarkForces

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:04:31 AM

Even Putin likes Pussy Riot!

Rassah
Legendary

Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:29:58 AM

Kluge, let me reverse the question. As this whole "Russians are insane" stigma is a Western invention (I think it originated in the Hollywood propaganda film "The Hunt for Red October", but maybe earlier), and as those who make a hypothesis have the burden of proving it, let me ask:

Could someone from the West provide evidence that the majority of Russians are insane?

Putin is as close as you can get to a dictator without actually being called a dictator, and 80% of Russians support him? Even George W Bush never got anywhere near that amount of support, despite being an imperialist asshole.
DarkForces

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:07:12 AM

Putin is like 4 feet tall and he is clearly insane. He has his picture taken bare chested Riding a pig or whatever it was. Trying to be "Manlike"  He is pissed off because he is shorter than Napolean and his pecker is only 2". He wants his war to show he is a "Big Man" but in reality he is small in all aspects of life.

Hi got a black belt in Judo and is a Gran Master in Sambo, can't argue against that.

I'll give Putin that much. He could probably go toe to toe with Obama and beat the living shit out of him.

It'd be so BAD, Ahmedinajad would pull Putin off of Obama saying,"Thats enough man, thats enough."

Swordsoffreedom
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1115

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 09:18:39 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 09:37:19 AM by Swordsoffreedom

Keeping in mind I'm well-aware more than half the Russians on here are probably Thieves, I'm seriously interested in trying to understand Russians' surprisingly widespread support of Putin/Medvedev while the Russian government continues restricting basic human rights.

I'll throw a bone in here simply put economy
Where the West wanted to make more puppet states and to expand its territory Russia came in to intervene and prevent that.
Battle of resources etc even the Ukraine is about Pipeline Politics for those that recall Crimea in the Ukraine  Wink
http://qz.com/191651/russias-invasion-of-crimea-has-caused-it-to-lose-the-latest-battle-in-the-pipeline-wars/
Current battle is over the South Stream
http://journal-neo.org/2014/06/27/ukraine-and-the-battle-for-south-stream/

Once Vladimir Putin became president, the Russian economy started to grow very rapidly.  Today, Russia is an economic powerhouse that is blessed with an abundance of natural resources.  Their debt to GDP ratio is extremely small, they actually run a trade surplus every year, and they have the second most powerful military on the entire planet.
http://www.cogwriter.com/news/prophecy/russia-is-stronger-vladimir-putin-is-credited-and-usa-is-upset/

But from this article 6 Key Points (All Cited too interestingly enough why I mentioned the Cog link ignore that Eurasian Union stuff Tongue)

#1 Russia produces more oil than anyone else on the planet.  The United States is in third place.

#2 Russia is the number two oil exporter in the world.  The United States is forced to import more oil than anyone else in the world.

#3 Russia produces more natural gas than anyone else on the planet.  The United States is in second place.

#4 Today, Russia supplies 34 percent of Europe’s natural gas needs.

#5 The United States has a debt to GDP ratio of 101 percent.  Russia has a debt to GDP ratio of about 8 percent.

#6 The United States had a trade deficit of more than half a trillion dollars last year.  Russia consistently runs a large trade surplus.

Are Russians anti-Russian or just blindly pro-KGB? -Or maybe Russians are just so pleased with the modest post-Yeltsin economic recovery, non-economic quality of life decline is able to be ignored.

On February 4th, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma, (Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

”In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live  in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that’s the state law. Russia does not need  minorities.

Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell ‘discrimination’. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation.

The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians.”
    http://henrymakow.com/2013/08/putin-on-minority-rightson-feb.html#sthash.nBnJEzw4.dpuf

It made a fair point on the USA

I was also taught that the old Soviet Union was overly focused on spying on its people and spying on others.  But now, it is the USA that seems to have that top distinction in the world in 2013 and 2014 ^^.

___

In their own words, those attending the Atlantic Council gathering describe the battle for Ukraine being fought to “complete” their socioeconomic consolidation in Europe – this includes “integrating Russia.” Secretary John Kerry at the gathering would literally state:

Our European Allies have spent more than 20 years with us working to integrate Russia into the Euro-Atlantic community.

By “integrating” Russia, of course, Kerry means overthrowing any independent national political order that exists in Moscow and replacing it with one that answers to Wall Street, London, and now Brussels. This can be seen clearly in attempts by the West to replicate its model of “color revolution” within Russian territory itself.

But Kerry and the rest of EU-NATO, recognizing that efforts to subvert and overthrow an independent political order in Russia have failed, have resorted to a policy of encirclement, containment, and confrontation, with Ukraine being only one of many battlefields the West is fighting upon. Kerry would declare Europe’s energy market as another.

He stated (emphasis added):

“…if we want a Europe that is both whole and free, then we have to do more together immediately, with a sense of urgency, to ensure that European nations are not dependent on Russia for the majority of their energy.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
blablahblah

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:23:55 AM

Firstly, no need, you're doing a pretty good job of it yourselves!

Secondly: insanity, or lack of sanity, is a social judgment by definition. The claim "I am sane" is meaningless in isolation. Why should you care if I care if you think you are sane and 'normal' and a well-adjusted individual if you live somewhere in a different part of the world? It's bullshit. Your state of mind doesn't matter to me if it does not affect me in any way. If we try to establish objective criteria to define sanity, we automatically find that one of the requirements is to have peers arguing and deciding over the definition! The claim "I am insane" is just a variation of the Liar Paradox.

One of Russia's 'problems' today is that they are not isolated, although I guess some Russians would prefer it if they were. Since you are not isolated, you must learn to face criticism, FEEDBACK, that informs you about your state. If you don't like this information, then that's good! You're not supposed to like it. You're supposed to learn from it.

As this whole "Russians are insane" stigma is a Western invention
It cannot be a Russian invention. Similarly, Westerners cannot claim that they are insane, they must rely on an outside perspective (Russia, Asia, etc.) to criticise their actions.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:23:45 PM

In their own words, those attending the Atlantic Council gathering describe the battle for Ukraine being fought to “complete” their socioeconomic consolidation in Europe – this includes “integrating Russia.” Secretary John Kerry at the gathering would literally state:

Our European Allies have spent more than 20 years with us working to integrate Russia into the Euro-Atlantic community.

By “integrating” Russia, of course, Kerry means overthrowing any independent national political order that exists in Moscow and replacing it with one that answers to Wall Street, London, and now Brussels. This can be seen clearly in attempts by the West to replicate its model of “color revolution” within Russian territory itself.

This is a good example of Russian insanity. When "The West" talks about integrating countries into its community, they are talking about opening up trade restrictions and expanding economic relations, mainly between private companies. When the Russia hears about integration, they immediately think "imperialistic expansion and installing puppet governments." Because that's what the Russia's policy itself is, or was, most of the time. (Sure, USA is guilty of that too at times, but USA is not the entirety of "the west")
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 03:35:42 PM

This is a good example of Russian insanity. When "The West" talks about integrating countries into its community, they are talking about opening up trade restrictions and expanding economic relations, mainly between private companies. When the Russia hears about integration, they immediately think "imperialistic expansion and installing puppet governments." Because that's what the Russia's policy itself is, or was, most of the time. (Sure, USA is guilty of that too at times, but USA is not the entirety of "the west")

Riiiiiiiiiight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_United_States_foreign_regime_change_actions
blablahblah

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:42:48 PM

Riiiiiiiiiight

OK, this is getting annoying.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

You avoided having to engage with criticism by turning it back on the accuser - you answered criticism with criticism.

Pronounced too-kwo-kwee. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism.

Example: Nicole identified that Hannah had committed a logical fallacy, but instead of addressing the substance of her claim, Hannah accused Nicole of committing a fallacy earlier on in the conversation.

Just provide a legitimate answer to the criticism instead of changing the subject all the time. You guys are really far too sensitive.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

What is insanity here? Is it subjective?
When Russians like something that westerners don't like and the other way around, can it be called insanity?
YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:16:27 PM

Far too simplistic. Cowboys and Villains style.

EU - "West" would not for example consent to any of its member nations to freely
exchange agricultural products with a non-EU members. There
are tariffs that protect EU member producers.

Ukraine and Russia had a free-trade contract. EU began unilateral talks
about removing their trade barriers with Ukraine and to my knowledge
never even tried diplomacy to address Russia's concern about EU products
entering Russian market in the absence of trade agreements. That's what
really started the present troubles.

“God does not play dice"
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

When Russians like something that westerners don't like and the other way around, can it be called insanity?
Not necessarily. Insanity, I would call wanting one thing but doing something which leads to something unwanted, then continuing to do that, expecting it to work (beyond a reasonable number of tries to make sure it wasn't an anomaly - so maybe an outfit tries an experimental ebola cure on 50 people and they die at the same rate as if they were untreated, and then they continue trying the drug exclusively on 1000 more patients -- while ten trials may've been reasonable, I think most reasonable people would say trying it again on 1000 people is insane). Insanity, at least here, is a euphemism for stupid. For example, a reasonable person may look at the US giving Congress a 10% approval rating, look at the >90% Congressional re-election rate, and come to the conclusion that the vast majority are either insane/stupid, or have a very diverse set of views and base their approval on whether or not Congress as a whole or their individual member generally acts in line with the individual's viewpoints, where the majority of Congress may be at odds with (or just not care about) ideas the individual and their Congressperson care about. -So maybe Bill Billstein, Congressperson of the 29th District, won his seat because he campaigned on ending the black market involving artichokes, but Congress couldn't give half a damn about the black market for artichokes. -And maybe Jim Jimski of the 10th district won by campaigning on a platform where he'd stop immigration from Bahrain, but Congress has no beef with the people of Bahrain nor really give a damn about them.

You can maybe make the leap of logic from OP in determining what I consider insane. It's definitely vague, though. I wanted a diverse conversation which ended up with many different points of focus, though I'm still very interested in learning more about the Russian Mafia, which I find little credible info on. Maybe they really are a minor player in Russia -- Idunno. Again - thanks everyone for the replies so far.
blablahblah

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:31:52 PM

Yep.

It's one of the world's worst-kept secrets, along with the idea that nobody rules the world, and that gods don't count. There's basically constant anarchy on the global scene. Just look around.

Oh, I'm sure there are hundreds of secret societies and think-tanks in addition to the public governments and large corporate entities. Everyone is trying to influence everyone else. In this sense, the "insane" label is an extreme way of saying to someone else, "hey! You are doing things too differently and I don't like it."

I'm sure it's possible to have a constructive dialogue, even if it starts with name-calling, but it requires good will and openness from all sides. Smiley
Swordsoffreedom
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1115

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 09:52:00 PM

Just provide a legitimate answer to the criticism instead of changing the subject all the time. You guys are really far too sensitive.

Seemed like there was a reply in there

Interventions in different countries the installation of puppet governments and dictators like Pinochet and the sponsoring of these pro-western governments while attacking their civilians.

Unless I missed something though

True but when you open up trade relations between private companies thats for a corporate agenda to kill nationalist companies and to do a wealth transfer to the richer nations.
Pretty much give us the raw material we will process it for you and then sell it back at triple the price.

Russia has a good reason not to trust the West (Primarily represented by the USA) especially near their home base, would be like your neighbor building a few missile bases in your backyard, kind of like if the Russians put more missiles in Cuba.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
BrianM

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:47:43 PM

Putin is like 4 feet tall and he is clearly insane. He has his picture taken bare chested Riding a pig or whatever it was. Trying to be "Manlike"  He is pissed off because he is shorter than Napolean and his pecker is only 2". He wants his war to show he is a "Big Man" but in reality he is small in all aspects of life.

I'll give Putin that much. He could probably go toe to toe with Obama and beat the living shit out of him.

It'd be so BAD, Ahmedinajad would pull Putin off of Obama saying,"Thats enough man, thats enough."

Hell yeah!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:09:05 AM

Putin is as close as you can get to a dictator without actually being called a dictator, and 80% of Russians support him? Even George W Bush never got anywhere near that amount of support, despite being an imperialist asshole.

His support may not be 80%, but definitely somewhere around 60% to 70%. And there are reasons for that. Non-Russian MSM can continue its propaganda campaign calling him a dictator, but the vast majority of the Russians don't care about that. The ordinary Russians are relieved that the US puppet (drunkard Yeltsin) was replaced with a strong minded person.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:41:20 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:45:35 AM by Balthazar

drunkard Yeltsin
Grin What should you do if you wish to become a genuine president?

• Use machine guns to kill more than 3000 parliament supporters when democratically elected parliament tries to impeach you for violation of constitution.
  • Force adoption of hyper-presidential constitution, force the MPs to surrender by shelling the parliament building.
  • Grant a non-revocable and lifetime legislative immunity to himself.

So BBC is right, Putin and Medvedev are dictators who are increasingly restrict human rights while Yeltsin was truly democratic & liberal indeed... I even think it's safe to bet that blablahblah and other members of Yeltsin's fan club would be happy to have him as their president. I don't doubt it, but I have to ask you, are you sure that usage of machine gun against the crowd doesn't violate any human rights?
blablahblah

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:23:20 AM

drunkard Yeltsin

• Use machine guns to kill more than 3000 parliament supporters when democratically elected parliament tries to impeach you for violation of constitution.
  • Force adoption of hyper-presidential constitution, force the MPs to surrender by shelling the parliament building.

So BBC is right, Putin and Medvedev are dictators who are increasingly restrict human rights while Yeltsin was truly democratic & liberal indeed... I even think it's safe to bet that blablahblah and other members of Yeltsin's fan club would be happy to have him as their president. I don't doubt it, but I have to ask you, are you sure that usage of machine gun against the crowd doesn't violate any human rights?

Careful with the smear campaign! Putin hasn't finished being president yet. Wink

Do some research on past dictators, then come back here and tell us why Putin's high popularity is different this time.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:00:09 AM

drunkard Yeltsin

Why didn't Putin or Medvedev fully reverse the policy outcomes of Yeltsin's power grab?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:13:45 PM

Why didn't Putin or Medvedev fully reverse the policy outcomes of Yeltsin's power grab?

Whether you like it or not, Putin was legitimately elected by the voters of Russia, with more than 60% of the votes. Some vote rigging is definitely there, but even without that he could win effortlessly. Popularity of Putin has remained much higher than that of his party (United Russia). So in short, he doesn't need to "grab" power, unlike the drunkard.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:24:38 PM

The racism...
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:31:27 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 10:08:45 PM by Balthazar

drunkard Yeltsin

Because drunkard was smart enough to protect himself from revocation of his legislative immunity. 1993 constitution redefines almost all state institutions, so rolling back to pre-1993 constitution will turn all current state bodies into illegal & self-proclaimed entities due to legislative collision. Starting from parliament, president and ending with all governors, regional governments, regional parliaments, courts system, electoral commissions etc. And as a result, there wouldn't be anybody able to judge him. I have to admit that it was very smart move. Although he had already been dead for a long time, his legislative back door is still there, and restoration of pre-1993 constitution will lead to a full-scale crisis of all branches of power.

It was possible to restore pre-1993 constitution before formation of new state bodies  (i.e. between 1994 and 1995) but now it's too late. Now it's required to develop a new constitution which will be equal to pre-1993 constitution in terms of power distribution without losing compatibility with current system of state bodies. There is a project of new constitution, developed by National Movement for Freedom (coalition of parliamentary factions led by UR politician Eugene Fedorov), but it's unknown when it will be ready for adoption.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 04:31:28 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 04:55:48 PM by Rassah

Riiiiiiiiiight

Almost none of those list anything other than what I described, trying to open up countries to foreign trade and such, even if by deposing communist dictators. Where is the list of countries USA decided to invade and control as part of USA?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 04:48:28 PM

True but when you open up trade relations between private companies thats for a corporate agenda to kill nationalist companies and to do a wealth transfer to the richer nations.
Pretty much give us the raw material we will process it for you and then sell it back at triple the price.

Wealth transfer is pretty much a communist socialist myth: Those materials were already there. So why weren't you mining them yourself?  If you were mining them, with a nationalist company that is pretty much always more wasteful, then getting a private company will reduce the waste and increase profits. Even if the private company is completely foreign and takes all the resources out of the country, they still pay the local people to build the mining and refinery factories, and still pay the local people to work to get the resource mined, refined, and delivered. The only wealth the company gets to keep is the small percentage of profit between the amount they sell it for, and the cost of getting it out of the ground (the cost that went entirely too the country). And you can't just decide to sell something at "triple the price." Things are sold on the market for whatever people will buy them for. A private company will pay labor whatever people will be willing to work for in that country, and sell the resources at the global rate. If you just take over and nationalize the mines and factories, and sell the materials at triple the price, all your workers will starve due to you not being able to sell anything.

For a real historical example, compare Venezuela, which is doing things exactly as you suggest, with nationalized resources, who's economy is in shambles and people are poor, and Poland, which after the fall of USSR privatized and sold everything to foreign investors, who came in and used their expertise to greatly improve the quality and efficiency of their factories, hired more people to work and increase production, and where, despite the "wealth being shipped elsewhere," living and economic conditions have improved drastically, and the country is much more wealthy than it was when it was nationalized.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 04:52:39 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 09:04:08 PM by Rassah

The ordinary Russians are relieved that the US puppet (drunkard Yeltsin) was replaced with a strong minded person.

That's funny, and tragically ironic. The ordinary Germans were also relieved that European puppet Paul von Hindenburg (who was printing money and handing out wealth to others at an alarming rate) was replaced with a strong minded person.

Wonder how many will get the Hitler reverence...
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:11:16 PM

The racism...
This term is not quite suitable here because russian people belongs to the indo-european race. Unless author of this question is a member of other race. Smiley
RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:32:12 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 06:56:41 PM by RoadTrain

Riiiiiiiiiight

Almost none of those list anything other than what I described, trying to open up countries to foreign trade and such, even if by deposing communist dictators. Where is the list of countries USA decided to invade and control as part of USA?
I tried to refrain from commenting this, but I couldn't.
To "open up countries to foreign trade and such" is the most hilarious excuse for USA interventions into sovereign states that I've ever read. Ever. Grin
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:56:28 AM

Where is the list of countries USA decided to invade and control as part of USA?

This list is only partial, as I have not included countries such as (Western) Germany, Italy and Japan, which are under American military occupation ever since the World War 2.

1949 Greece
1952 Cuba
1953 Iran
1953 British Guyana
1954 Guatemala
1955 South Vietnam
1957 Haiti
1958 Laos
1960 South Korea
1960 Laos
1960 Ecuador.
1963 Dominican Republic
1963 South Vietnam
1963 Honduras
1963 Guatemala
1963 Ecuador.
1964 Brazil
1964 Bolivia
1965 Zaire.
1966 Ghana
1967 Greece
1970 Cambodia
1970 Bolivia
1972 El Salvador
1973 Chile
1979 South Korea (Pro-USA government wanted)
1980 Liberia
1982 Chad
1983 Grenada
1987 Fiji
1989 Panama
2001 Afghanistan
2002 Venezuela
2003 Iraq
2004 Haiti
2009 Honduras
2011 Libya
2011 Tunisia
2013 Egypt
2014 Ukraine
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 04:34:59 PM

Where is the list of countries USA decided to invade and control as part of USA?

This list is only partial, as I have not included countries such as (Western) Germany, Italy and Japan, which are under American military occupation ever since the World War 2.

While I don't support USA taking my tax money to set up military bases around the world...

You have a funny definition of "occupation." USA is paying Italy to keep their bases there. Germany started WW2, so kind of deserved being under watch for a while. Note that Germany is not actually occupied or owned by USA, USA just has a military base there, and Germany actually partners with USA to combine its military forces. Japan actually pays USA to keep their military base there, since it's easier for Japan to rent out US military for their defense, rather than build up their own (plus they were banned from having anything but defensive forces after WW2). Plus having a military base on your soil is not the same as "occupation." At least not the same as the way Russia typically occupies. Do you consider that every country that has McDonald's owning some land in it as "occupied" too?

1949 Greece - Still independent country.
1952 Cuba - Invasion failed, still communist socialist country, economy still sucks. Still independent country.
1953 Iran - Still communist socialist country, economy still sucks. Still independent country.
1953 British Guyana  - Still independent country.
1954 Guatemala  - Still independent country.
1955 South Vietnam  - Still independent country.
1957 Haiti  - Still independent country.
1958 Laos  - Still independent country.
1960 South Korea  - Still independent country.
1960 Laos  - Still independent country.
1960 Ecuador - Still independent country.
1963 Dominican Republic  - Still independent country.
1963 South Vietnam  - Still independent country.
1963 Honduras  - Still independent country.
1963 Guatemala  - Still independent country.
1963 Ecuador. - Still independent country.
1964 Brazil  - Still independent country.
1964 Bolivia  - Still independent country.
1965 Zaire. - Still independent country.
1966 Ghana  - Still independent country.
1967 Greece  - Still independent country.
1970 Cambodia  - Still independent country.
1970 Bolivia  - Still independent country.
1972 El Salvador  - Still independent country.
1973 Chile  - Still independent country.
1979 South Korea (Pro-USA government wanted) - Still independent country.
1980 Liberia  - Still independent country.
1982 Chad  - Still independent country.
1983 Grenada  - Still independent country.
1987 Fiji - Still independent country.
1989 Panama - Still independent country.
2001 Afghanistan - Invasion was supported by Afghanis under Taliban oppression. Still independent country.
2002 Venezuela - Still independent country.
2003 Iraq - Many of USA citizens protested the invasion as based on lies. In the end it was proven that USA government lied to citizens to start the war, and almost everyone agrees this was a bad thing. Still independent country.
2004 Haiti  - Previous presidential election was considered fraudulent by Haitians. Still independent country.
2009 Honduras  - Still independent country.
2011 Libya - Was asked for help by Lybians themselves. Still independent country.
2011 Tunisia - Still independent country.
2013 Egypt - Anti-government protests against dictator supported by US were started by Egyptians. US didn't intervene to keep their "puppet" in power. Still independent country.
2014 Ukraine - Anti-government protests were started by Ukrainians due to concerns of their president being a Russian puppet, not USA. Still independent country.

USA invades to disrupt what's happening in those countries, but doesn't actually try to take control of them and make them be a part of USA. Even then, I agree, what it is doing isn't necessarily a good thing. On the other hand, when Russia invades countries, it's usually to make them actually be a part of Russia. Also, the biggest difference between the intents is that USA invades to try to make the countries democratic and capitalist, while Russia invades to try to make the countries totalitarian and socialist/communist. Note that in that list, every country that USA invaded where USA lost, and the country remained socialist with either a dictator or a corrupt government, the economy REALLY sucks. While in every country where the invasion successfully repelled communists and/or opened the country to international trade, the economy has been improving considerably.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:31:50 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 07:13:47 PM by Balthazar

USA invades to disrupt what's happening in those countries,
And who asked them to do so? Using their logic, it's not their business what happens outside of their borders, am I right?

but doesn't actually try to take control of them and make them be a part of USA.
Yeah, they just turn them into colonies, raping their economy, buying all agricultural lands and stealing natural resources. That's much better than make them be a part of USA of course. Better for the USA.

On the other hand, when Russia invades countries, it's usually to make them actually be a part of Russia.
Let's try to use your own logic.

Finland - still independent country;
Poland - still independent country;
Germany - still independent country;
Iran - still independent country;
Mongolia - still independent country;
China - still independent country;
Hungaria - still independent country;
Vietnam - still independent country;
Afghanistan  - still independent country;
Abkhazia - still independent country;
South Ossetia - still independent country;

invades to try to make the countries democratic and capitalist
Oh yeah, I saw it in several countries with my own eyes. Cheesy

Also, the biggest difference between the intents is that USA invades to try to make the countries democratic and capitalist, while Russia invades to try to make the countries totalitarian and socialist/communist.
What planet are you from? I won't ask whether you are a troll or you really believe in what you write, but USA can't make anyone democratic and capitalist because they're themselves neither democratic nor capitalist. It's a crony capitalist totalitarian regime which is supported by incredibly powerful brainwashing machine. And they're trying to establish the same crony capitalist regime everywhere, under guise of spreading the "democratic values". In the same way as the Soviet Union did it.
RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

@Balthazar, I couldn't agree more. And Rassah is a living proof of how powerful this brainwashing machine is.
Because it looks like he really believes that these interventions into sovereign states were actually for some idealistic democracy values. What a naivety.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:10:08 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 10:05:08 PM by Balthazar

@Balthazar, I couldn't agree more. And Rassah is a living proof of how powerful this brainwashing machine is.
Because it looks like he really believes that these interventions into sovereign states were actually for some idealistic democracy values. What a naivety.
We have to be lenient with our younger brothers. Because before the beginning of 1980s many of us employed a very similar pattern of behavior, you know what I mean... The blind belief into the democratic values... A persistent usage of the democracy as an excuse for military interventions and economical sanctions, combined with incredibly strong belief into the need of bringing the order to chaotic environment. It's all the same, but unlike them we've seen this before.  Smiley
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 10:27:24 PM

And who asked them to do so? Using their logic, it's not their business what happens outside of their borders, am I right?

You are right, and I agree (unless they ARE asked by the country they go into). So, why don't you apply the same standard to Russia?

but doesn't actually try to take control of them and make them be a part of USA.
Yeah, they just turn them into colonies, raping their economy, buying all agricultural lands and stealing natural resources. That's much better than make them be a part of USA of course. Better for the USA.

None of those countries you listed are American colonies. I think USA has maybe two or three colonies that are island, at most. And, again, why don't you apply the same standard to Russia? Russia is the one "raping" the economy and oil fields in Iraq right now. No issues with that? And will you complain just as much when Russia starts raping the economy in Eastern Ukraine and taking their natural gas, too?

I won't ask whether you are a troll or you really believe in what you write, but USA can't make anyone democratic and capitalist because they're themselves neither democratic nor capitalist.

Huh. So, how are things going in Korea? Vietnam? Chile to name a few? Are they communist dictatorships like China or North Korea? Yes, they can't make anyone be democratic and capitalist, but they can help keep invading communist dictators at bay. And, again, I don't support either side invading, but at least the outcome of these guys is better than anything USSR and communists invaded.

We have to be lenient with our younger brothers. Because before the beginning of 1980s many of us employed a very similar pattern of behavior, you know what I mean... The blind belief into the democratic values... A persistent usage of the democracy as an excuse for military interventions and economical sanctions, combined with incredibly strong belief into the need of bringing the order to chaotic environment. It's all the same, but unlike them we've seen this before.  Smiley

And then you went right back to believing it, with your moronic defense of Russian military intervention to "spread democracy and bring order to the chaotic environment" in Eastern Ukraine. Pathetic.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:02:41 AM

Russian mentality is perfectly rational for anyone with even a drop of knowledge about their history.

As an American, I congratulate the russians on being steadfast, strong, and resilient, all the qualities Americans appreciate. They may be our adversaries, but that's why they are our equals more or less.

They may be irritating, but their hearts are in the right place - they are the other half of the equation for world stability.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:05:06 AM

You are right, and I agree (unless they ARE asked by the country they go into). So, why don't you apply the same standard to Russia?

None of those countries you listed are American colonies. I think USA has maybe two or three colonies that are island, at most. And, again, why don't you apply the same standard to Russia? Russia is the one "raping" the economy and oil fields in Iraq right now. No issues with that? And will you complain just as much when Russia starts raping the economy in Eastern Ukraine and taking their natural gas, too?

I won't ask whether you are a troll or you really believe in what you write, but USA can't make anyone democratic and capitalist because they're themselves neither democratic nor capitalist.

Huh. So, how are things going in Korea? Vietnam? Chile to name a few? Are they communist dictatorships like China or North Korea? Yes, they can't make anyone be democratic and capitalist, but they can help keep invading communist dictators at bay. And, again, I don't support either side invading, but at least the outcome of these guys is better than anything USSR and communists invaded.

We have to be lenient with our younger brothers. Because before the beginning of 1980s many of us employed a very similar pattern of behavior, you know what I mean... The blind belief into the democratic values... A persistent usage of the democracy as an excuse for military interventions and economical sanctions, combined with incredibly strong belief into the need of bringing the order to chaotic environment. It's all the same, but unlike them we've seen this before.  Smiley

And then you went right back to believing it, with your moronic defense of Russian military intervention to "spread democracy and bring order to the chaotic environment" in Eastern Ukraine. Pathetic.

The fact of the matter is, vast majority of those nations who allied themselves with US got the better end of the deal, and unprecedented degree of phenomenal success, whether through direct US aid or indirect US influence.

Just like how every anti american fool ignores the sargat chemical research and manufacturing facility when bitching and 'NO WMD', these fuckers tend to try and not talk about obvious facts staring them in the face.
RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:28:00 AM

The Rassah's idea is simple. The end justifies the means. Whether it's right is debatable.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:47:17 AM

Also, the biggest difference between the intents is that USA invades to try to make the countries democratic and capitalist, while Russia invades to try to make the countries totalitarian and socialist/communist.

Oh god...

In every nook and corner of the world, people are begging Barack Obama to invade their land and take their natural resources away, to make them more "Democratic and Capitalist". Just like what he did in countries such as Iraq (transferring power to ISIS from Saddam). People in Germany still thank the Americans for taking away their gold reserves... as that made them more "Democratic".
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:01:44 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 12:39:59 PM by Balthazar

People in Germany still thank the Americans for taking away their gold reserves... as that made them more "Democratic".
It's OK for the colony. German people even isn't allowed to have a genuine constitution... Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany was established by the occupation administration in 1949 and it's still in force.

There is even a special genocide clause for germans, if one german kills a non german he potentially can be prosecuted for genocide and crimes against humanity. Roll Eyes
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:32:58 PM

Russian mentality is perfectly rational for anyone with even a drop of knowledge about their history.

You mean them mostly being of Mongolian descent or culture,  with the Golden Horde khanate taking them over shortly after Moscovie was established, and either directly ruling or having a strong influence on it for centuries, breeding a culture of ruthlessness and need for conquer and expansion, until they finally receded and the Moscovie monarchy, being embarrassed about their Mongolian origins, imported top historians from Europe to rewrite Moscovie's history to be as if it came out of Ukraine, instead of the Khans, renamed Moscovie to the same name as what Ukraine was called at the time (pronounced "Kievskaya Rosiya") and just calling themselves THE Rosiya, stole Ukraine's history - which had nothing to do with Moscovie other than fighting off their (Mongolian) invasions throughout the centuries, convinced everyone that Ukraine is just a part of them, and thus should be "taken back," and established its country based on lies?

Yes, their mentality of a ruthless need to conquer, not have empathy for those they are taking over, and tendency to lie and change history without really caring about what is true or not, IS perfectly rational based on their history. It doesn't excuse them or make them rational people though (at least not the ones in power, or those too apathetic to care what is being done by those who rule them).
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:44:43 PM

Oh god...

In every nook and corner of the world, people are begging Barack Obama to invade their land and take their natural resources away, to make them more "Democratic and Capitalist". Just like what he did in countries such as Iraq (transferring power to ISIS from Saddam). People in Germany still thank the Americans for taking away their gold reserves... as that made them more "Democratic".

I did say that Americans regret the Iraq thing, and majority really disapprove of their government for making such a mistake, didn't I? But tell me, how many countries in the world are begging for Russia to take them over? Ukraine? Georgia? Is Afghanistan grateful for USSR coming in and destroying their country, which before they came was about as civilized and peaceful as Paris? Maybe East Germany wants to go back to being Russian again?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:46:29 PM

You mean them mostly being of Mongolian descent or culture

The amount of Mongolian blood present among the ethnic Russian population is minuscule, especially when compared to the Crimean Tatar - Nogay blood which is prevalent among the Ukrainians as a result of the slave raids and subsequent enslavement. That said, we were not talking about the racial origins of Russians and Ukrainians. If you want to do that, then go to Stormfront.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:41:31 AM

You mean them mostly being of Mongolian descent or culture

The amount of Mongolian blood present among the ethnic Russian population is minuscule, especially when compared to the Crimean Tatar - Nogay blood which is prevalent among the Ukrainians as a result of the slave raids and subsequent enslavement. That said, we were not talking about the racial origins of Russians and Ukrainians. If you want to do that, then go to Stormfront.

That's why I said "culture." Is very comparable to the culture of Atila the Hun mongols, wanting to continuously expand its borders, pilage other countries and even their own people (Putin's gang stole $150 billion from Russians), the crazy dangerous amounts of nationalism (Putin's 87% approval rating and Russia having more neo-Nazis than any other county), general lack of empathy for those they take over and opress, and apathy for the ones doing atrocities in their name, and the seemingly constant search for enemies to hate and be against (did you know the rest of the world, and even America, didn't think much of Russia for the last few decades, and even considered them an ally, even while Russia considered "the west" as its imperialistic enemy?)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:49:39 AM

That's why I said "culture." Is very comparable to the culture of Atila the Hun mongols, wanting to continuously expand its borders

OK... take a close look.. a very close look at this map.

Now tell me who is stationing troops all over the world and continuously expanding the borders. Or should I give a lecture for you, about the countries which are currently under American occupation (Germany, Japan.etc) ?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 01:38:27 AM

That's why I said "culture." Is very comparable to the culture of Atila the Hun mongols, wanting to continuously expand its borders

OK... take a close look.. a very close look at this map.

Now tell me who is stationing troops all over the world and continuously expanding the borders. Or should I give a lecture for you, about the countries which are currently under American occupation (Germany, Japan.etc) ?

Do you have a bigger version of that map with clearly visible country names? I can't tell if the countries with the dots in them are named USA. Just having a military base in a country doesn't mean the country is expanding its borders, since to set up a base you can buy the land and get permission from the government, you can pay the government to lease the land and use it for a base, or, like in some countries, you can even have the country pay you to have your base there and use your army for defense. In none of those cases are you actually required to charge your name to the name of the country with the base, learn their language, or vote for and submit to their presidents or rulers. Note that isn't the case if a country sends an army into your territory without your permission, kicks out your government, annexes you, and starts calling you by their own name. Like what USSR did, and like Russia is trying to with its old republics, most recently with Crimea.

Or is Crimea still part of Ukraine, but just has a Russian military base on it, like America has in Germany?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:07:43 AM

Or is Crimea still part of Ukraine, but just has a Russian military base on it, like America has in Germany?

After Germany was defeated in the WW2, they were forced to sign a number of humiliating treaties with the Unites States. There are limits to the strength of the German army and the weapons they could use. Also, they were forced to allow American military bases on the German soil. This can't be compared to the situation in Crimea, where Ukraine allowed the Russian base in order to receive gas discounts from Kremlin.
Pagan

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:09:26 PM

Gestapo is back.

Putin Renames Police Unit After Bloody Cheka Founder Dzerzhinsky

President Vladimir Putin signed a decree restoring the title "Dzerzhinsky Division" to an elite police unit that was previously named after the founder of the Bolshevik secret police, the Interior Ministry's internal troops press service said Monday.

Felix Dzerzhinsky founded the Cheka, a security apparatus notorious for orchestrating mass summary executions during the Russian Civil War and the Red Terror. Established in 1924, the unit bore his name from 1926 until 1994, when its name was changed to the Independent Operational Purpose Division, the press service said.

Today the unit is tasked with maintaining public order in Moscow and the surrounding region, as well as in the North Caucasus.
Dzerzhinsky's name and image have become a highly contentious issue in modern Russia.

Earlier this month, members of the Communist Party erected a plaster monument to Dzerzhinsky in front of the FSB's headquarters — the infamous Lubyanka — in downtown Moscow to mark the 137th anniversary of his birth.

A 15-ton sculpture of Dzerzhinsky stood in front of Lubyanka from 1958 until 1991, when it was toppled by protesters. There are periodically calls for the statue of the controversial figure to be returned, though so far they have not been successful.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/putin-renames-police-unit-after-bloody-secret-police-founder/507588.html

StopFake.org

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:06:12 PM

Gestapo is back.

Putin Renames Police Unit After Bloody Cheka Founder Dzerzhinsky

President Vladimir Putin signed a decree restoring the title "Dzerzhinsky Division" to an elite police unit that was previously named after the founder of the Bolshevik secret police, the Interior Ministry's internal troops press service said Monday.

Felix Dzerzhinsky founded the Cheka, a security apparatus notorious for orchestrating mass summary executions during the Russian Civil War and the Red Terror. Established in 1924, the unit bore his name from 1926 until 1994, when its name was changed to the Independent Operational Purpose Division, the press service said.

Today the unit is tasked with maintaining public order in Moscow and the surrounding region, as well as in the North Caucasus.
Dzerzhinsky's name and image have become a highly contentious issue in modern Russia.

Earlier this month, members of the Communist Party erected a plaster monument to Dzerzhinsky in front of the FSB's headquarters — the infamous Lubyanka — in downtown Moscow to mark the 137th anniversary of his birth.

A 15-ton sculpture of Dzerzhinsky stood in front of Lubyanka from 1958 until 1991, when it was toppled by protesters. There are periodically calls for the statue of the controversial figure to be returned, though so far they have not been successful.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/putin-renames-police-unit-after-bloody-secret-police-founder/507588.html

Russian Vodka the best!  Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pagan

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:16:09 PM

Russian legislators have revived plans to ban long-distance calls via Skype and similar services, saying they foster terrorism and an illegal drug mafia.  Grin

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-plans-to-partially-ban-skype-again/507730.html

StopFake.org

fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:17:48 PM

Russian legislators have revived plans to ban long-distance calls via Skype and similar services, saying they foster terrorism and an illegal drug mafia.  Grin

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-plans-to-partially-ban-skype-again/507730.html
Pagan is a proof of existence parallel worlds  Grin
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:19:19 AM

Pagan is a proof of existence parallel worlds  Grin

All Pagan has ever been doing is copy/pasting news articles with links, nothing more. So...
Is themoscowtimes.com proof of existence of parallel worlds?

Or do you exist in a parallel world where themoscowtimes.com doesn't exist?
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

Rassah, you're a zombie.  Cry
Go kill Muslims, hypocrite
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:27:08 PM

Rassah, you're a zombie.  Cry
Go kill Muslims, hypocrite

I have no issues with Muslims. Just conservatives, religious extremists, and totalitarian socialists.

So, is themoscowtimes.com a parallel world to you or not?
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:24:53 PM

is themoscowtimes.com a parallel world to you or not?
Nobody forbids the Internet in Russia.
Nobody forbids Skype in Russia.
Nobody forbids cryptocurrencys in Russia.
Russia is not at war with Ukraine.
Crimeans are happy.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:21:17 PM

is themoscowtimes.com a parallel world to you or not?
Nobody forbids the Internet in Russia.
Nobody forbids Skype in Russia.
Nobody forbids cryptocurrencys in Russia.
Russia is not at war with Ukraine.
Crimeans are happy.

Then why is Kremlin threatening to limit internet access, Russian newspapers write articles about Russia wanting to limit Skype, Russian Ministry of Finance is drafting a bill to ban Bitcoin by 2015, Russian soldiers are posting photos of themselves fighting in Ukraine on social media sites, and Crimean Tatars are publishing articles about being mugged, searched, or prevented from traveling to UN conferences?

Sounds like you are the one living in a parallel world.

Since this is a bitcoin forum, something more on topic:

Deputy Head of Russia’s Ministry of Finance Alexei Moiseev has said Russia is likely to pass its digital currency ban in the spring of 2015, according to a report by Russian business news agency Prime.
fsb4000
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:20:08 PM

Since this is a bitcoin forum, something more on topic:
Deputy Head of Russia’s Ministry of Finance Alexei Moiseev has said Russia is likely to pass its digital currency ban in the spring of 2015, according to a report by Russian business news agency Prime.
Check
1) https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/?q=Russian%20Federation
2) users activity of the russian subforum:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=10.0
3) It's just  politicians word. There is no law,  there is no prohibition.
DarkForces

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:37:14 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 08:54:05 PM by DarkForces

After slaughtering the world for almost a century for the sake of their "Communist Revolution",

the Russians should not be allowed to use BitCoin, which is the fruit of CAPITALIST thought and labor.

The Russians should stick to their shitty ruble, and just fade away and be absorbed by SUPERIOR peoples.

Did I mention FUCK RUSSIA?

YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:45:45 PM

RUSSIANS ARE MODERN DAY NAZIS, and should be treated as such.

I am not ashamed to be Russian, I'm FUCKEN PROUD, BABY.

This establishes that at least some of the Russians are insane.

“God does not play dice"
DarkForces

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:49:02 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 01:00:28 PM by DarkForces

I am an American, of part Russian descent, and I hate the Russian government, to clarify....

I am a descendent of the lucky ones who made it out, simply put.

YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:05:26 PM

I am an American, of part Russian descent

Ah, I see.
I take back what I wrote.

“God does not play dice"
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:24:35 PM

No. This establishes that at least some of the Russians (or those who claim that they are Russian) are mentally unstable.
DarkForces

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

No. This establishes that at least some of the Russians (or those who claim that they are Russian) are mentally unstable.

And the OUTRIGHT lies you help propagate are logical? Shame on you, useful idiot. (a term YOUR system coined)

Pagan

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

Facebook and Twitter asked to register in Russia as organizers of information distribution

Russia’s federal oversight service in the sphere of communications and information technologies has notified internet services Facebook, Gmail and Twitter

MOSCOW, September 26. /ITAR-TASS/. Russia’s federal oversight service in the sphere of communications and information technologies /Roscomnadzor/ has notified internet services Facebook, Gmail and Twitter about the necessity to be registered in Russia as organizers of information distribution, Maksim Ksenzov, Roscomnadzor’s deputy head, said in an interview with the Izvestia newspaper.

“These three resources must make a decision about placing their data centres in Russia, under the laws on bloggers. They are getting prepared to and want to abide by the law,” he said, adding that such services as VKontakte, Yandex and Mail.Ru Group had already been entered in the corresponding register.

In July, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law binding mail services and social networks to place personal data about Russian users only on servers in Russia.

On September 19, the Russian State Duma lower parliament house adopted in the first reading amendments to speed up coming into force of the law binding to keep personal data about Russian on Russian servers. Under the bill, the norms adopted earlier will come into force from January 2015, instead of September 2016.

In May, President Putin signed a law obliging bloggers, whose internet pages are daily visited by more than 3,000 users to comply with requirements applicable to the mass media. Apart from that, the law obliges social networks, search engines and forums to keep information posted by the users for six months.

“We have informed all and we will make them abide by the law this or that way,” Ksenzov said. “They are holding consultations with each other, communicate with Californian legal services. We are also in consultations with them, but so far we are not pressing.

http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/751343

Adobe has closed the office in Russia
http://siliconrus.com/2014/09/adobe-russia/

StopFake.org

247crypto

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:23:22 PM

Pagan

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:17:00 PM

Activists From Limonov's Group Disrupt Makarevich Moscow Concert

Activists from the group led by nationalist Eduard Limonov have taken responsibility for disrupting a concert in Moscow by legendary Russian rock musician Andrei Makarevich.

Makarevich was performing at Moscow's House of Music on September 25 when a group of people released a gas into the concert hall that made those watching the concert feel ill and forced them to exit the building temporarily.

Limonov's group, which calls itself Other Russia, posted a message on its website claiming responsibility.

The group emerged out of the now-defunct Other Russia movement, a broad opposition coalition that also included liberals like Garry Kasparov.

Limonov, its leader, is a former Kremlin critic who has supported President Vladimir Putin's intervention in Ukraine.

Pro-Kremlin lawmakers and commentators branded Makarevich a traitor after he gave concerts in Ukraine for refugees from the eastern part of the country, where government forces have been fighting pro-Russian separatists.
Based on reporting by ITAR-TASS and Interfax

http://www.rferl.org/content/makarevich-concerts-ukraine-moscow-russia-concert-limonov/26607156.html

StopFake.org

Pagan

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:18:19 PM

Russia offers the Jews to leave the country

Well ladies and gentlemen - that so long as the Bolsheviks repeated systematically continues to occur on the territory of the Russian state. Today, State Duma Deputy Yelena Mizulina faction "United Russia" stated that in modern Russia to see representatives of the people do not even want much.

"I offer to help Russian Jews to move to Israel. Give them a lift and the medal "For the liberation of Russia!" We have to say to the Jews - you have your own country, go out there and leave us. We're somehow ourselves to deal »

Such anti-Semitic position this odious politician explained by the following considerations "Today Russian Jews occupy excessively large role in the media, business, leadership. Any Jew, wherever he has worked, still looking in the direction of Israel and can not be a patriot of our country "

So that the proposed ethnic cleansing according to Mrs. Mizulina lead to a significant improvement of the moral and political climate of the Russian state.

Иcтoчник: http://jtimes.ru/news/world/6036-rossiya-predlagaet-evreyam-pokinut-stranu

StopFake.org

RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:31:36 AM

http://ukraine.d3.ru/comments/601876/#12029487
Pagan

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:48:02 PM

California's Fort Ross May Be Russian Territory, Lawmaker Says

Fort Ross, a 19th-century landmark on the northern coast of California, may have been illegally appropriated by the U.S., a Russian lawmaker said, urging the Foreign Ministry to launch a probe into the matter, Izvestia reported.

Mikhail Degtyarev, a State Duma deputy who made waves earlier this month by proposing a repainting of the Kremlin walls to their historic ivory hue, said the purchase of Fort Ross from Russia nearly two centuries ago may have been invalid.

Degtyarev sent a formal request urging the Foreign Ministry to dig into the issue, saying that if the sale was invalid, all subsequent developments of the property by U.S. authorities were invalid, and Russia may thus have a claim to the territory, Izvestia reported.

Fort Ross was founded in 1812 by the Russian-American Company, which had been created by the imperial household to establish new settlements on the North America. It was named "Ross" in honor of its connection to imperial Russia, or "Rossia."

Fort Ross served as trading hub for the Russian-American Company until it was sold in 1842 to John Sutter, a California pioneer of Swiss origin.

Some Russian historians have argued that the Russian side never received payment for the transaction and that the territory thus still belongs to Russia.

Degtyarev's initiative adds to the a long list of instances in which Russian lawmakers and social activists have questioned, facetiously at times, the status of American territories that once belonged to Russia.

In the aftermath of Russia's annexation of Crimea in March, a petition for the "secession of Alaska from the U.S. and joining Russia" appeared on the "We the People" section of White House's website. The petition had received more than 35,000 signatures one week after it was published.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/california-s-fort-ross-may-be-russian-territory-lawmaker-says/507939.html

StopFake.org

247crypto

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:09:28 PM

What is on this picture?

247crypto

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:12:56 PM

Insane Russian.

247crypto

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:14:05 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 11:03:03 PM by grue

http://s016.radikal.ru/i336/1409/cf/cf3d498efa0f.jpg Moderator note: NSFW

Insane Russian.

Pagan

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:04:57 PM

Russia's Chief Justice Advocates A Return To Serfdom

There are always politicians who say that things were better in the past.

And the top judicial official in Russia is one of them — he appears to be advocating a return to serfdom.

Valery Zorkin, the head of Russia's Constitutional Court, wrote an article that was published in the Rossiyskaya Gazeta in which he praised serfdom.

(In Russia, Zorkin is the equivalent rank of the US Supreme Court's Chief Justice John Roberts.)

In the article he says the global situation is becoming increasingly more dangerous and that the system of international law is now based on "free interpretations from a position of strength."

He doesn't agree with the "free interpretations" of international law and suggests that it must be corrected by increased legal authority.

And then he switches gears to serfdom.

He advocates for serfdom and says that it was the main "staple" holding Russia together in the 19th century. He justifies his argument by saying that serfdom is beneficial for the serfs.

In the article he writes (translated from the original Russian by Business Insider):

Even with all of its shortcomings, serfdom was exactly the main staple holding the inner unity of the nation. It was no accident that the peasants, according to historians, told their former masters after the reforms: 'We were yours, and you — ours.'
The significance of Zorkin's serfdom advocacy

The roughly translated term "staple" (in Russian "cкpeпa") is significant. It's an older word that has become popular in recent years after Putin used it in a news conference in 2012.

Prior to the conference, that word was basically never used in speech.

In the news conference, Putin said there was a "lack of a spiritual staples" among Russians — meaning there was no spiritual unity. And he subsequently indicated that Russia needed a "spiritual cleanse."

"Putin essentially used the term 'cкpeпa' to mean the 'spiritual staples that unite the Russian society.' He was saying that we need a spiritual unity amongst the whole Russian society," a Moscovite told Business Insider.

Following Putin's news conference, Russian politicians and citizens have started using the word all over the place.

And Zorkin is following suit by using the Putin terminology to indicate that serfdom is the "spiritual staple that unites the [Russian] society."
Zorkin also compares the repeal of serfdom to Boris Yeltsin's reforms

Agrarian reforms were led by the former prime minister Pyotr Arkadyevich Stolypin. Serfdom was officially repealed in 1861 in Russia.

Zorkin argues in his article that: "Stolypin's reform took away communal justice from the peasants in exchange for individual freedom, which almost none of them knew how to live and which was depriving their community guarantees of survival."

He closes the piece by comparing the "abrupt" repeal of serfdom to the "abrupt" changes of the late 20th century following Boris Yeltsin's reforms.

In case your history is a little shaky, Boris Yeltsin is the former Russian president who transitioned the country from the communist Soviet Union to the pre-Putin capitalist Russia.

http://www.businessinsider.com/valery-zorkin-pro-serfdom-2014-9#ixzz3EpMILTNT

StopFake.org

Pagan

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:06:33 PM

Putin icons hot selling for 22,000 rubles in Moscow

http://news.freejournal.biz/article5151/index.html

^  big khuylo for 22K rubles, small khuylo for 6K  Grin

StopFake.org

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:25:44 PM

The Russian Empire Strikes Back

"The Colder War is real and it’s on. Below, I will break down a number of recent statements by Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew. In quotations are the comments out of the US Treasury Department’s Office of Public Affairs.

"Russia is not bending over and giving in on the first two rounds of “sanctions” set by the United States and its bankrupt allies in Europe. So how did the US respond? With more sanctions, hoping to cripple Putin and Russia where it counts: the sale of oil and gas. Interestingly enough, it didn’t impose sanctions on Russian nuclear fuel, which just happens to power 10% of all American homes… but I digress. Let’s jump into all the comments, break them down, and see what this all means. Comments by the Treasury Secretary are indented and bold:"

Given Russia’s direct military intervention and blatant efforts to destabilize Ukraine, we have deepened our sanctions against Russia today, in concert with our European allies. These steps underscore the continued resolve of the international community against Russia’s aggression.

"All this means is that Russia isn’t doing what the US and its Western European allies want it to do, and they are upset about it. So until Putin and Russia are broken, more sanctions will come. However, the bigger question is, who will break first?"

Read more at http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/the-russian-empire-strikes-back .

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
DarkForces

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:07:35 AM

"The Colder War is real and it’s on. Below, I will break down a number of recent statements by Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew. In quotations are the comments out of the US Treasury Department’s Office of Public Affairs.

"Russia is not bending over and giving in on the first two rounds of “sanctions” set by the United States and its bankrupt allies in Europe. So how did the US respond? With more sanctions, hoping to cripple Putin and Russia where it counts: the sale of oil and gas. Interestingly enough, it didn’t impose sanctions on Russian nuclear fuel, which just happens to power 10% of all American homes… but I digress. Let’s jump into all the comments, break them down, and see what this all means. Comments by the Treasury Secretary are indented and bold:"

Given Russia’s direct military intervention and blatant efforts to destabilize Ukraine, we have deepened our sanctions against Russia today, in concert with our European allies. These steps underscore the continued resolve of the international community against Russia’s aggression.

"All this means is that Russia isn’t doing what the US and its Western European allies want it to do, and they are upset about it. So until Putin and Russia are broken, more sanctions will come. However, the bigger question is, who will break first?"

Smiley

As the historical evidence will indicate, it will be the Russians that collapse like a fat bitch with asthma.

The history of Russia is replete with examples. They have already defaulted on their legal debts once this century,

don't be surprised when they pull that trick again. They think the world economy is like a video game- unlimited resets.

When the hammer comes crushing, they will pay. And blame their woes on others in the traditional Russian xenophobic way.

My advice to Russians: escape by any means necessary. Throw off the trappings of your Prison Society, come stand in the light.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:02:17 PM

Smiley

As the historical evidence will indicate, it will be the Russians that collapse like a fat bitch with asthma.

The history of Russia is replete with examples. They have already defaulted on their legal debts once this century,

don't be surprised when they pull that trick again. They think the world economy is like a video game- unlimited resets.

When the hammer comes crushing, they will pay. And blame their woes on others in the traditional Russian xenophobic way.

My advice to Russians: escape by any means necessary. Throw off the trappings of your Prison Society, come stand in the light.

The difference this time is, Russia has its back to the wall. There is nowhere for them to go, so they just might fight. They have started to fight already in their natural gas agreement with China that isn't using the USD as they have agreed to.

In addition, even in the face of U.S. sanctions, the U.S. is allowing Exxon to work with the Russians to drill for oil in the Baltic. The USD is on the border of collapse, and the U.S. is already giving in on this one point, which is visible worldwide to anyone who wants to take a look. What other ways has the U.S. already given in?

Smiley

Pagan

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:15:09 AM

Russian activists of "Orthodox Union of Cossacks" demanded the authorities to the United States to return the "native Russian" land Alaska and California.

http://slavicsac.com/2014/10/02/kazacs-california/

StopFake.org

needbmw
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:44:57 AM

Pagan, he is watching you  Grin

NO PSAKING!
Pagan

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:12:37 PM

ruSSian orthodox weapons training -  Hacтoятeли цepкви Xpиcтa-Кapaтeля Cheesy

StopFake.org

Pagan

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:21:16 AM

Grin Grin Grin

Vladimir Putin depicted as Hercules in Moscow art exhibition

Vladimir Putin may not be a god, but he is a superhero. That was the message at an exhibition of paintings depicting the Russian president as Hercules, held at a small Moscow gallery space on Monday.

Opened for one night only in honour of Putin’s 62nd birthday on Tuesday, the exhibit reimagined his achievements as the 12 Labours of Hercules, beginning with the slaying of the Nemean lion – in this case, Putin strangling a bearded suicide bomber representing terrorism – and ending with the capture of the three-headed dog Cerberus, which symbolised the struggle with the United States and its “unipolar world”.

The most impressive painting, created in the gold-on-black style of ancient Greek pottery decorations, showed a muscular Putin lifting his shield against the poisonous breath of the Lernaean Hydra – or western sanctions against Russia. The US head of the hydra had been lopped off, reflecting the ban on food imports from the US, EU, Norway, Canada and Australia that Russia adopted in August, said the exhibit organiser, Mikhail Antonov.

“We’re forming a different image of Putin because the western media constantly criticises him, and our media occasionally attacks him as well,” Antonov said. “But here we see him completing these heroic deeds. We see that the interpretation of these events is not so categorical.”

Antonov, a political science graduate student at a Moscow University, heads a Putin fan group on Facebook that has received more than 266,000 likes. He said the Herculean portraits, which he hoped to be able to give to the president as a birthday gift, were painted by an anonymous “collective of artists” who followed the group.

The paintings focused mostly on current events such as a recent gas contract with China, the planned purchase of Mistral warships from France, and the eastern Ukraine ceasefire negotiated in Minsk. Antonov praised Putin’s government for standing up to the “junta” in Kiev, and in the paintings Russia’s annexation of Crimea is portrayed as the Herculean Putin capturing the Cretan bull.

The majority of the attendees at the exhibit were journalists, but a group of students said they had come at Antonov’s invitation. Anna Mkutekyan, who studies finance, said she didn’t “know enough about politics to criticise our president”, but said she and her friends agreed with his actions and were “proud of our country”.

Her favourite painting, she said, was one showing Putin holding up the heavens, as Hercules is said to have done for Atlas. “The sky that could fall on the earth is the war in once-thriving Ukraine. And it’s only with the help of Putin, who achieved the Minsk peace agreement, that it hasn’t fallen yet,” read the description beneath the painting.

“It expresses today’s reality because Putin unifies countries that are close to each other … those who support us, who understand the situation in the world as it really is,” Mkutekyan said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/06/vladimir-putin-hercules-art-exhibition

StopFake.org

Victorius

Activity: 73

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:29:35 PM

I realy like Putin, he did more for Russia than anyone else. Truth is that russians quality of life was never better, surely not in pre soviet era and surely not in era of American puppet Jelcin.

Putin does things right way. I dont know what is this bullshit about xenophobia, no one is forced to live in Russia, its free country you know, boundaries are opened.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Victorius

Activity: 73

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:39:39 PM

Well ladies and gentlemen - that so long as the Bolsheviks repeated systematically continues to occur on the territory of the Russian state. Today, State Duma Deputy Yelena Mizulina faction "United Russia" stated that in modern Russia to see representatives of the people do not even want much.

"I offer to help Russian Jews to move to Israel. Give them a lift and the medal "For the liberation of Russia!" We have to say to the Jews - you have your own country, go out there and leave us. We're somehow ourselves to deal »

Such anti-Semitic position this odious politician explained by the following considerations "Today Russian Jews occupy excessively large role in the media, business, leadership. Any Jew, wherever he has worked, still looking in the direction of Israel and can not be a patriot of our country "

So that the proposed ethnic cleansing according to Mrs. Mizulina lead to a significant improvement of the moral and political climate of the Russian state.

Иcтoчник: http://jtimes.ru/news/world/6036-rossiya-predlagaet-evreyam-pokinut-stranu

Whats wrong about that? That is democracy. Russians dont want to have Jews living there. When you have stranger in you house and you are not satisfied with his ways, you have right to ask him to leave. Russians are not slaves to Jews, they can decide who they will accomodate.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Pagan

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:45:11 PM

Russian activist arrested for posts on social networks

Pavel Shekhtman, a well-known civic activist and critic of the current Russian regime has been detained in Moscow.  Kasparov.ru reports that via the lawyer whom the police appointed, Shekhtman explained that the investigators’ interest in him is over publications in social networks.

The website Grani.ru which has published Shekhtman’s articles tried to contact the temporary police centre where Shekhtman is being held, but the officers there refused to give any comment.

The 47-year-old activist was recently in the public eye after being beaten up by members of ‘Other Russia’  - the party founded by National Bolshevik Party leader Edward Limonov.

The attack on him the Other Russia thugs explained  was over a post on Shekhtman’s facebook page where the latter criticized Limonov’s negative attitude to EuroMaidan.   Limonov has also since been totally in support of Russia’s annexation of the Crimea, and a number of his supporters are believed to be fighting with the Kremlin-backed militants in Donbas.

http://khpg.org/index.php?id=1412773428

StopFake.org

Pagan

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:00:07 PM

Russians will be unable to use their iPhones starting January 1

The ‘January 1’ law also affects all Apple users who will be unable to use their iPhones and iPads.

According to Russian Internet rights spokesman Dmitry Marinichev, neither Apple nor any other company will have enough time to transfer their content to Russian territory by the beginning of 2015, Ridus writes.

“At the moment they are demanding the impossible. The tip of the icebergs of tasks is to buy servers, build or rent data centers and locate everything here. But besides this, the companies also have to replace their software, in order not to transfer personal data outside the country, which means practically all available software. It is absolutely unclear who will control all this and how. So it is impossible to do this starting January 1.”

Earlier the law was supposed to come into effect in September 2016, however State Duma members passed the amendments that stated the law would become effective on January 1, 2015.

According to the law, the ban will touch on all usual Internet services: starting with social media and ending with online shopping, as all of them send user data to servers outside of the country.

“You have a phone made by Apple, and an account with iCloud. These are your personal data which are stored in the Apple data center. According to the new law, you cannot use your iPhone starting January 1, because Apple cannot provide its services on Russian territory, as they store their personal Russian data in California,” the activist warned.

Only in case everything that has to do with cloud services is removed from the law, iOS users will be able to use their gadgets, noted Marinichev.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/10/10/russians-will-be-unable-to-use-their-iphones-starting-january-1/

StopFake.org

Pagan

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

Weekend Laugh: The Mysterious Professor Haag: Russian Media's Favored 'Expert' Has Dubious Credentials

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-media-professor-haag-dubious-credentials/26632541.html

StopFake.org

247crypto

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:26:44 PM

Insane Russia.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:33:51 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 03:14:43 AM by Balthazar

Oh yeah, and that's why some of them are running for office and even winning sometimes.

247crypto

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:16:52 PM

Secret insane rifle.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 01:54:26 AM

You got a token black guy. Congrats!
BrianM

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:26:26 AM

I do not belive that afrikans are a common sight in Russia.
I wish the follow the best of luck with his political job.
All the best from here, and lost of respcet for the russian people, peace.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:31:53 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 09:43:09 AM by Balthazar

drunkard Yeltsin

Memories of some eyewitnesses and participants of events which followed the 1993 coup:

http://libcom.org/history/under-fire-between-lines-russian-anarchists-during-1993-yeltsin-coup

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:11:39 AM

You got a token black guy. Congrats!

Russia was never involved in the black slave trade. Also, African slavery never existed in Russia. Therefore there is no native black population there, unlike the USA or the UK.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:52:38 AM

I can provide evidence that Russians ARE insane.

Vodka.

Most of them have mistaken that nasty smellin' motor fuel for a drink.

(most of the people I work with are Russian. I'm just havin' fun here. People are people, all races and ethnicities are equally worthless in my eyes. Only individuals count. )
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:31:44 AM

Vodka.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/25-drunkest-countries-in-the-world/22/

motor fuel
Vodka would burn the seals out on the pistons and injectors. Even ruin the motor itself since certain vodkas have sugar. So, it's another evidence that you've just typed your statement without thinking too much.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:55:30 AM

Vodka.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/25-drunkest-countries-in-the-world/22/

motor fuel
Vodka would burn the seals out on the pistons and injectors. Even ruin the motor itself since certain vodkas have sugar. So, it's another evidence that you've just typed your statement without thinking too much.

Guilty. Said I was just having fun Cheesy
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:14:05 AM

Indeed. Because it's easy to say something like "I can provide evidence that american, irish and british people ARE insane. Whisky. Most of them have mistaken that nasty smellin' eau de cologne for a drink." Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:41:18 AM

Indeed. Because it's easy to say something like "I can provide evidence that american, irish and british people ARE insane. Whisky. Most of them have mistaken that nasty smellin' eau de cologne for a drink." Cheesy
I wouldn't presume to disagree Cheesy
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:34:36 AM

Russia was never involved in the black slave trade.

Yep, just white slave trade. Many of them from west of Russia. And now apparently from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan nationals.
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1344

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:21:41 AM

Even I don't think that there is anything wrong in Russian part because if something belongs to you then you should have all the right to take it back.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Feel free to drop your doubts bellow
Report to moderator 
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦       ▬▬▬ ▬          Stake.com     /     Play Smarter          ▬ ▬▬▬       ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
L E A D I N G   C R Y P T O  C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S   B E T T I N G

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1061

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Ignore

Re: [OPEN]Stake.com NEW SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN l NEW PAYRATES l HERO & LEG ONLY
May 31, 2022, 08:28:59 AM
Reply with quote  +Merit  #2
Bitcointalk Username: strongkored
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=640554
Forum Rank: Legendary
Are you able to wear our Signature, Avatar & Personal Text? will wear upon receipt
Stake
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:55:54 AM

Yep, just white slave trade. Many of them from west of Russia. And now apparently from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan nationals.

The blue-collar labor migration to Russia is mainly from Uzbekistan and Tadzhikistan. From where did you got the name of Kazakhstan?

And most of this migration is not forced. In rare instances where there is forced labor, the people who are responsible are ethnic Uzbeks and Tadzhiks.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2020, 01:11:39 AM

It was possible to restore pre-1993 constitution before formation of new state bodies  (i.e. between 1994 and 1995) but now it's too late. Now it's required to develop a new constitution which will be equal to pre-1993 constitution in terms of power distribution without losing compatibility with current system of state bodies.

Well... It looks like I've had a vision of the future.
Now I'm officially the prophet.

https://www.rt.com/russia/478340-government-resigns-russia-putin-medvedev/
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2020, 05:26:13 PM

First and biggest -- Russians seemed to truly HATE Yeltsin. Chechnya was/is a disaster, the economy crashed terribly, he nearly started a full-blown civil war initiated by parliament and his vice president only ~20 years ago (after attempting to unconstitutionally dissolve parliament, presumably because Yeltsin was hammered and belligerent that day), repeatedly came out as a disreputable liar on the International scene with regards to POW statuses and human rights violations (made odd because it was Yeltsin who admitted it), and then hand-picked Putin (who later hand-picked Medvedev). Yeltsin went out with a 2-10% approval rating, but Putin's numbers are considered "low" when they go in the high 60s (lately, it flicks around between 80-90%).

Putin continues imperialist policy in Chechnya while trying to take a high moral ground in Ukraine, a long-standing policy which led to the Beslan school tragedy. In response to that tragedy, Putin waged a war against human rights and privacy, blaming everything but his anti-Chechen policies and introducing what was called the Russian PATRIOT Act. Putin has continued cracking down on journalism, freedom of speech, and privacy rights, with Russia having a tragically high amount of unresolved murders of journalists and recently forcing what any normal person would call a small blog to adhere to repeating Russian fairy tales without deviation or face prosecution.

Putin and Medvedev are "anti-corruption" publicly, but in a Snowden cable which has oddly been ignored by all media (including Western), the Russian Mafia branches were alleged by credible source to operate (and likely still do, though the Moscow mayor Luzhkov, a co-founder of Russia's ruling party, was fired) not only with a FSB/KGB wink and nudge, but armed protection.

they simply want safety order and a good economy, they know exactly that shiny top people are not that valuable compared to hard worker inteligent specialists.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 05:29:57 PM

Does this fit? Zechariah 6:8:
Then he called to me, "Look, those going toward the north country have given my Spirit rest in the land of the north."

Cool

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 10:17:23 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2020, 10:30:19 PM by Balthazar

Does this fit?
It's unlikely that the OP will read your post. This thread is a good source of jokes though.

Like this one:

Almost 6 years passed and I have never seen such an elvish clown once again. Clearly unique sample of braindead american. Thanks to him I'm able to enjoy trolling our pseudo-liberals and pseudo-conservatives, using this post in every dispute with them. "Hey, look what happens to people who dedicate a lot of time to watch CNN or Fox News". Their butthurt is simply indescribable.  Grin
AliErkic

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

xrp shitcoin is SCAM - get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 02:59:53 AM

So it is true what Trump is saying, Sanders is communist? Is Sanders really paid by Russia to make America socialist/communist? Trump is biggest liar I don't believe him. He already said China invented climate change to damage America. Never seen such dumb idiot.  Roll Eyes

xrp shitcoin is SCAM!  ***  Get out!  ***  Don't get scammed by Ripple Labs and scammer Garlinghouse *** xrp shitcoin is SCAM!  ***  Get out!!!
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 02:13:28 PM

Russia is failed state

if russia joins EU and the euro, its the usa that becomes the failed state

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 03:18:32 PM

^^^ The UK left the EU because they don't want to fall with the EU when Russia joins.

Cool

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 03:39:05 PM

^^^ The UK left the EU because they don't want to fall with the EU when Russia joins.

Cool

when russia joins uk and usa go bankrupt, as EU becomes ressource independent.

plus also eu will be able to arm itself

there is actually huge pressure in europe to join the EU, as if you are in the EU you are geographically corporating europeans,

if you are not in the EU, you are a nazi.

uk, france and russia basically created the EU by constantly attacking nazism, germany created a model (based on usa and udssr) for living together which is now backfirering on them (nazi macron, nazi russia, etc.)

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 03:45:11 PM

Cool

there is actually huge pressure in europe to join the EU, as if you are in the EU you are geographically corporating europeans,

uk, france and russia basically created the EU by constantly attacking nazism, germany created a model (based on usa and udssr) for living together which is now backfirering on them (nazi macron, nazi russia, etc.)

The strength of the EU lies in Germany. Nazi's didn't die. They went underground. Then they came back as the EU.

Cool

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 04:42:54 PM

Cool

The strength of the EU lies in Germany. Nazi's didn't die. They went underground. Then they came back as the EU.

Cool

nope germany changed its form and attitude to life so that the angolo hostility against nazi germany is being questioned, plus, uk is effectively being confronted with the ideology of the usa. (continentalism)

now every nation in europe that doesnt join the Eu is considered nazi and racist. i live in germany and i know that, german nazis now are basically scumbacks.

if EU continues to be successful euro will replace the USD (thats the number one reason angolo world and usa hates the EU, and calles it 4th reich.)

if russia joins the EU, uk and usa will lose financially.

bugsbuds

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 06:01:52 AM

Well no, i don't know what happen but they are babarian and on war they made so bad things that even Germany not do, and my country suffer a lot because of them.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2020, 12:54:31 PM

britain brexiteers are out of mind,

they want free trade with the EU but they don't want germany to sell cars in UK

they want freedom of movement for themselves but not for the Europeans to UK

etc.

completely pointless with them if russia joins the EU, EU becomes main force in the west and UK/USA become underdogs.

Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 01:48:31 PM

I don't know if most of the Russians are crazy but i feel every country wants to guard its own independence.
  Due to corruption against the Russians they were involved within the war and were more suffering from the folk. The Russians joined other countries free trade and therefore the people with whom they were involved in trade were harmed Various branches are found out for economic recovery but it's not been successful.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 02:01:47 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2020, 02:20:45 PM by Balthazar

completely pointless with them if russia joins the EU, EU becomes main force in the west and UK/USA become underdogs.
Russia is not going to join the EU anytime in observable future because it's senseless. Unless some future leadership will be crazy enough to do so.

1) Joining the EU means becoming a colony of Brussels, why share the power without getting anything in return?
2) Joining the EU is economically senseless, it will lead to losses of budget incomings from trade. Other side effect will be destruction of agriculture sector as well as military industrial complex.
3) Joining the EU is dangerous due to constant terrorism threat. The EU authorities are incompetent and unable to develop some common screening measures. Even worse, they're forbidding national authorities from proper screening of incoming "refugees" under guise of protecting human hights. In fact, the EU authorities are doing nothing to counter the islamic extremism, they're busy importing millions of migrants instead.

It's better to be sovereign state without sporadic attempts to implement CETA/TTIP/... trash.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2020, 05:08:03 PM

Russia is not going to join the EU anytime in observable future because it's senseless. Unless some future leadership will be crazy enough to do so.

1) Joining the EU means becoming a colony of Brussels, why share the power without getting anything in return?
2) Joining the EU is economically senseless, it will lead to losses of budget incomings from trade. Other side effect will be destruction of agriculture sector as well as military industrial complex.
3) Joining the EU is dangerous due to constant terrorism threat. The EU authorities are incompetent and unable to develop some common screening measures. Even worse, they're forbidding national authorities from proper screening of incoming "refugees" under guise of protecting human hights. In fact, the EU authorities are doing nothing to counter the islamic extremism, they're busy importing millions of migrants instead.

It's better to be sovereign state without sporadic attempts to implement CETA/TTIP/... trash.

russias main problem is the USA that have proven themselves not trustworthy if it knows joining the EU will weaken the USA it will consider doing that

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2020, 05:09:17 PM

there is no such thing as a sovereign state, small states are slaves to the US Dollar

look ar jugoslavia, after they broke up they lost sovereignty and became even bigger slaves to the big powers around them.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: